Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

First Bank Cleared My Mum Account - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / First Bank Cleared My Mum Account (1257 Views)

Sterling Bank Is Changing The Details On My Mum’s Account To Indict My Company / How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement / Help Me Nairalander , This Guy Stole My Phone And Cleared My Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by Schelube(m): 2:17pm On Dec 01, 2022
Please i need all kind of help i could get.
My Mum went to First Bank branch at Upper Iweka road, Onitsha, Anambra State yesterday to withdraw 20k. She inserted her card to withdraw but the Atm decline her card,she tried the 2nd time but got same rejection for an account she has being operating for more than 20years.

Someone behind saw what was going on and encouraged her to try again if she is sure of the account & pin or approached the bank for a complain. She equally tried d 3rd time, the Atm took her card and went out of service.
She stood there waiting for the machine to come up again before her next line of action with same people on the queue.

As soon as the Atm machine came up, she got a debit of #400k, #300k and #1million. All within 5minutes. With that shock, she rushed inside the bank to complain for the receivers account to be flag down but was told to write a letter under tensed condition. She wrote d letter and also informed my elder brother who is also a banker with another bank. My bro took up the matter immediately and call the branch manager of first bank for the account number of the receiver to be flag but was told that first bank wont be able to see the receivers account number till God knows when.

Personally most of us do transfer and you can easily see who you sent money to any minute. I wonder how this case look different.
After their delays for some hours, they reluctanly went to the Atm to look for my mum Atm but again said her Atm card is not in the machine. If not in the machine, where is it. My bro also asked them to use CCTV to verify my mum claim but we got the shock of our life. They said no CCTV coverage in that ATM that is within the bank premises. I dont know what to do since am not with her anymore but i know i might get any help possible from here. Please any admin do justice to this. She is retired as well.
[/b][b]
Thanks
Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by Akara08(m): 2:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
Otilo
Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by Jessica008(f): 2:29pm On Dec 01, 2022
They're gathering our money for Xmas.
Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by Zonefree(m): 2:29pm On Dec 01, 2022
This one strong.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by Scamupdates1(m): 2:30pm On Dec 01, 2022
Akara08:
Otilo
oya sope otilo
Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by OVB123: 2:30pm On Dec 01, 2022
My candid advise to you is that you should tell your mother to petition EFCC. I believe that they (EFCC) will do justice to the case. Please, do not bother to take the case to the police.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by Scamupdates1(m): 2:31pm On Dec 01, 2022
Zonefree:
This one strong.
how far na
Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by worldTina(f): 2:33pm On Dec 01, 2022
I pray they retrieve it back,i don't think computer will misbehavie without an operator misbehaving.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by ChatterHouse: 2:35pm On Dec 01, 2022
I
Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by Saintdan0421(m): 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2022
Schelube:
My Mum went to First Bank branch at Upper Iweka road, Onitsha, Anambra State yesterday to withdraw 20k. She inserted her card to withdraw but the Atm decline her card,she tried the 2nd time but got same rejection for an account she has being operating for more than 20years.

Someone behind saw what was going on and encouraged her to try again if she is sure of the account & pin or approached the bank for a complain. She equally tried d 3rd time, the Atm took her card and went out of service.
She stood there waiting for the machine to come up again before her next line of action with same people on the queue.

As soon as the Atm machine came up, she got a debit of #400k, #300k and #1million. All within 5minutes. With that shock, she rushed inside the bank to complain for the receivers account to be flag down but was told to write a letter under tensed condition. She wrote d letter and also informed my elder brother who is also a banker with another bank. My bro took up the matter immediately and call the branch manager of first bank for the account number of the receiver to be flag but was told that first bank wont be able to see the receivers account number till God knows when.

Personally most of us do transfer and you can easily see who you sent money to any minute. I wonder how this case look different.
After their delays for some hours, they reluctanly went to the Atm to look for my mum Atm but again said her Atm card is not in the machine. If not in the machine, where is it. My bro also asked them to use CCTV to verify my mum claim but we got the shock of our life. They said no CCTV coverage in that ATM that is within the bank premises. I dont know what to do since am not with her anymore but i know i might get any help possible from here. Please any admin do justice to this. She is retired as well.
[/b][b]
Thanks

These days, we got more criminals in the banking sector than in the Government..

NA TO FIND LIKE 4 SOLDIERS GO THAT BANK CHANGE AM FOR THE MANAGER

OR

LAS LAS, COURT CASD.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by heed101(m): 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2022
Ask your mum well. Did she allow someone to assist her during the ATM encounter? She is a victim of card swap

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by NaijaCover(m): 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2022
IS HERE
Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by jeffteddy: 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sorry about the lost of fund, your mom's card must have been swaped by another customer its not the bank fault ask your mom who assisted her at the ATM point

4 Likes

Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by nicerod(m): 5:37pm On Dec 01, 2022
grin

It's either an insider or her card was swap

No CCTV

No account number
Something is fishy

1 Like

Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 01, 2022
First bank and Uba are fraudulent banks
Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by gameboy727(m): 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2022
Them swap your Mumsy card before she begin use the ATM sef. The bank is just partially at fault for not freezing the account immediately.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by murphyrichy(m): 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
First Bank are lying,their is no way receiver's account number cant be seen.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by mjuvey3: 8:48am On Dec 02, 2022
I lost my phone and couldn't retrieve my sim card last year so I had to go get another sim card and new number.

I went to the bank to update my BVN with the new number and after doing that,I received a call the next day....It was from a scammer claiming to work for my bank and he asked for some details about my ATM card...I already knew he was a scammer but what surprised me was he called out my BVN shocked I was shocked....It was also the same voice of the banker that helped me update my BVN.

I went to the bank and challenged him but his colleagues and security staffs prevented me from assaulting him....I had to close the account and right now,I only have an account with Kuda Bank.

So many employees of banks in nigeria are scammers or they work with scammers and it's depressing.....So we can't even bank in peace again? I can imagine someone loosing his savings or hard-earned money to scammers in this harsh economy.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by DBestDoc(f): 5:37pm On Dec 02, 2022
Your mum didn’t tell the full story

The “good Samaritan” must have exchanged her card right there, gave her another first bank card and asked her to try again.

It is our duty to educate our parents on latest scam formats. You seem ignorant too, unfortunately.

As a matter of fact, i was shocked to know that your mum carries an ATM card loaded with huge amount of cash about in the present Nigeria? Nawoa

1 Like

Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by dnawah(m): 9:10pm On Dec 02, 2022
Schelube:

[/b][b]
Thanks
this one shock me o! Go petition the bank for ur Church's alter.
Re: First Bank Cleared My Mum Account by clydecarson(m): 10:40pm On Dec 02, 2022
Boys Don use chip,boss your money is otilo I mean izz gone

(1) (Reply)

Okeite: The New Charm Killing Yahoo Boys In Igboland Today / Simon Ekpa The Terrorist It Shall Not Be Well With You. / Female Fraudster Dupes Victim Of N8m - Robbers Snatch Woman’s Car, Fling Her Ba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.