Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

First Bank Wiped My Mum Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Wiped My Mum Account (1012 Views)

Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) / How A Loan App Wiped My Account And Left Me Broke / My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by Schelube(m): 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2022
Please i need all kind of help i could get.
My Mum went to First Bank branch at Upper Iweka road, Onitsha, Anambra State yesterday to withdraw 20k. She inserted her card to withdraw but the Atm decline her card,she tried the 2nd time but got same rejection for an account she has being operating for more than 20years.

Someone behind saw what was going on and encouraged her to try again if she is sure of the account & pin or approached the bank for a complain. She equally tried d 3rd time, the Atm took her card and went out of service.
She stood there waiting for the machine to come up again before her next line of action with same people on the queue.

As soon as the Atm machine came up, she got a debit of #400k, #300k and #1million. All within 5minutes. With that shock, she rushed inside the bank to complain for the receivers account to be flag down but was told to write a letter under tensed condition. She wrote d letter and also informed my elder brother who is also a banker with another bank. My bro took up the matter immediately and call the branch manager of first bank for the account number of the receiver to be flag but was told that first bank wont be able to see the receivers account number till God knows when.

Personally most of us do transfer and you can easily see who you sent money to any minute. I wonder how this case look different.
After their delays for some hours, they reluctanly went to the Atm to look for my mum Atm but again said her Atm card is not in the machine. If not in the machine, where is it. My bro also asked them to use CCTV to verify my mum claim but we got the shock of our life. They said no CCTV coverage in that ATM that is within the bank premises. I dont know what to do since am not with her anymore but i know i might get any help possible from here. Please any admin do justice to this. She is retired as well.
[/b][b]
Thanks
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by madridguy(m): 3:00pm On Dec 01, 2022
This is serious. No time to waste time, write CBN and make sure you copy FBN.

send a mail directly to CBN cpd@cbn.gov.ng.

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by MufasaLion: 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2022
This is really sad and the bank officials are so unprofessional. Contact the CBN via mail and all social media platforms especially Twitter.
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by MufasaLion: 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2022
This is really sad and the bank officials are so unprofessional. Contact the CBN visa mail and all social media platform's.
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by HarlequinLekex: 3:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
Her ATM card might have been switched before she got to the bank. Unprofessionalism at its peak.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by Ritzen: 3:07pm On Dec 01, 2022
Thanks[/quote]
There was a thread like this the other day and one smart fella was trying to indict me for saying:

1. The banking system in Nigeria is something else now. Tales of fraud everywhere
2. The IT department of most of these banks is complicit
3. Strange things happen on month end, maybe because of the large volume of cash flow. They usually target salary earners
4. ATM is now a yahoo machine. Before you know what's up, you've been played handicap.

OP! Sorry for her experience, just follow it up.

Let folks be wise!
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by Creamypie(m): 3:14pm On Dec 01, 2022
Na d bank steal d money, hoping she lacks courage to report to CBN. Access bank steal my money too much, and na for account wey i no do ATM for. I don close am
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by larryking78(m): 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2022
I think someone offered to help her at the atm stand but unfortunately could have been a scammer, he did all the magic, note also that under tensed condition she might miss all the details of what was happening at that moment.
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 01, 2022
larryking78:
I think someone offered to help her at the atm stand but unfortunately could have been a scammer, he did all the magic, note also that under tensed condition she might miss all the details of what was happening at that moment.

Abeg stop.

Where is the location the money was moved to? undecided
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by Obagreatdatoye(m): 4:50pm On Dec 01, 2022
Schelube:
Please i need all kind of help i could get.
My Mum went to First Bank branch at Upper Iweka road, Onitsha, Anambra State yesterday to withdraw 20k. She inserted her card to withdraw but the Atm decline her card,she tried the 2nd time but got same rejection for an account she has being operating for more than 20years.

Someone behind saw what was going on and encouraged her to try again if she is sure of the account & pin or approached the bank for a complain. She equally tried d 3rd time, the Atm took her card and went out of service.
She stood there waiting for the machine to come up again before her next line of action with same people on the queue.

As soon as the Atm machine came up, she got a debit of #400k, #300k and #1million. All within 5minutes. With that shock, she rushed inside the bank to complain for the receivers account to be flag down but was told to write a letter under tensed condition. She wrote d letter and also informed my elder brother who is also a banker with another bank. My bro took up the matter immediately and call the branch manager of first bank for the account number of the receiver to be flag but was told that first bank wont be able to see the receivers account number till God knows when.

Personally most of us do transfer and you can easily see who you sent money to any minute. I wonder how this case look different.
After their delays for some hours, they reluctanly went to the Atm to look for my mum Atm but again said her Atm card is not in the machine. If not in the machine, where is it. My bro also asked them to use CCTV to verify my mum claim but we got the shock of our life. They said no CCTV coverage in that ATM that is within the bank premises. I dont know what to do since am not with her anymore but i know i might get any help possible from here. Please any admin do justice to this. She is retired as well.
[/b][b]
Thanks
Sue the useless bank ASAP for damages,..the bank manager should be arrested. How can they say they can't found the ATM in the machine...all the staff in charge of The ATM Operations should be arrested immediated....if you dense on this matter the money would be gone forever.
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by dauntless15(m): 5:35pm On Dec 01, 2022
They'll frustrate you until you move on, they love shielding scammers na why I stop use first bank be that.
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by Cutehector(m): 6:48pm On Dec 01, 2022
Your mum will obviously hide the part where someone offered to help her withdraw and then the nigga swapped the card and gave her another atm card, then used her main card to withdraw from pos.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by FRS(m): 6:13am On Dec 02, 2022
The card was obviously swapped by the person pretending to help at the ATM gallery. That's why the card was not seen inside the ATM Vault. It's quite unfortunate......Young people should try as much as possible to enlighten our aged parents especially on ways to avoid scams and more importantly, shape their opinion on the best candidate to vote for come February.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by larryking78(m): 7:20am On Dec 02, 2022
The present situation with some of our parents is they need to be updated about what anybody can do to them in the guise to helping them sort out a temporary discomfort at the ATM stand or even withing the banking hall.

Advise for parent:
Pls never give strangers your phone to press anything on it.
Never ask a stranger to help y6ou I sert your ATM Card.
Never answer any stranger any question regarding your bank details because they know you will have big money there...

On the second hand....
I don't trust the Bank workers as well.
The programmers or developers employed in some banks must repent before Judgement day else they are playing with HELL FIRE!!!!
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:52am On Dec 02, 2022
since you have a bro that works at the bank ,he should able to know what to do
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by EmahBoss(f): 10:56am On Dec 02, 2022
It is well, if you have money running into millions, please operate multiple bank accounts...

These scammers are now bankers... My landlady's account was wiped by het account officer knowing mama is too old and her children are overseas nobody to press the case... The scanner banker even have the gut to call her telling her not to report to the bank that he borrowed the money he will return it...

For your mum, let her take up the case with the bank.. They should start with her history of actions that day

1 Like

Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by MufasaLion: 7:23am On Dec 04, 2022
EmahBoss:
It is well, if you have money running into millions, please operate multiple bank accounts...

These scammers are now bankers... My landlady's account was wiped by het account officer knowing mama is too old and her children are overseas nobody to press the case... The scanner banker even have the gut to call her telling her not to report to the bank that he borrowed the money he will return it...

For your mum, let her take up the case with the bank.. They should start with her history of actions that day

Are you serious?
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by We4all: 7:31am On Dec 04, 2022
FRS:
The card was obviously swapped by the person pretending to help at the ATM gallery. That's why the card was not seen inside the ATM Vault. It's quite unfortunate......Young people should try as much as possible to enlighten our aged parents especially on ways to avoid scams and more importantly, shape their opinion on the best candidate to vote for come February.
If it was swapped then they should provide a video proof. Which ATM doesn't have a CCTV?
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by We4all: 7:41am On Dec 04, 2022
I don't get it. Are accounts not supposed to have withdrawals limit? How could they have withdrawn 1.7M in a space of 5 minutes whether by POS or whatever?

This was achieved with the collaboration of an insider. My guess is that the money was probably transferred to another bank and wasn't necessarily a cash withdrawal.

I say this because POS operators don't work with such large sums often. And even if they do, the time frame to process such payment would take longer than 5 minutes.

At least your mom has a son who works with a Bank. He should be able to sort it out.
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by EmahBoss(f): 8:43am On Dec 04, 2022
MufasaLion:

Are you serious?

Damn serious... He was calling for a week and kept on saying he will refund her.. then later stopped... Mama now keeps her money at home. She never reported
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by MufasaLion: 9:55am On Dec 04, 2022
EmahBoss:

Damn serious... He was calling for a week and kept on saying he will refund her.. then later stopped... Mama now keeps her money at home. She never reported

He got away with it because it was an old woman that has no financial responsibility and doesn't know her right.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me. I'm An Adwords Advertiser But I Dont Know How To Find Niche Products. / Using Nigerian Bank Account To Help Open And Verify Paypal / If U Have $8bn In Ur Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.