Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,486 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues (6427 Views)

SON Certifies Innoson Vehicles, Issues MANCAP Certificate / Daimler To Buy ₦8.3 trillion Worth Of Batteries To Power Its Electric Vehicles / Hybrid-electric Vehicles: Ask Mymotong (prius, Honda Insight, Camry Hybrid...) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by Billiebaba(m): 8:04pm On Apr 15, 2023
castANDbind:
@empron

Are you in Lagos? I have some issues with my hybrid Camry 09 to fix

Plus I need a proper hybrid mechanic to manage the car going forward.
Hi, I can handle hybrid repairs too
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by BerniceIma: 8:38am On Apr 17, 2023
empron:
The ideal of producing hybrid cars is minimised air pollution and embrace green energy.Toyota Prius are really fuel economical car with 1.5L engine using atinkson cycle.
City MPG: 48
Highway MPG: 45
Combined MPG: 46
Thank you!
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by abiolag(m): 1:53am On Apr 30, 2023
empron:

2004-2009 Toyota Prius is a good but I don't think you can direct tokunbo at 3m but 3.2m you should be able to get one.The second generation Prius(2004-2009)are durable and rugged with good fuel economic, getting a foreign used will be more reliable in maintenance.Honda civic hybrid is not bad as well I think you should be able to get that @3M but I will advice you go for Prius.Regards
What do think about Camry hybrid Nigeria used?
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 9:00am On Apr 30, 2023
abiolag:

What do think about Camry hybrid Nigeria used?
Depends on the price, bought Nigeria used almost 4years ago and I used it for mobile workshop,check the high voltage battery strength,ABS light indicator on the instrument cluster.If the battery is ok,you can go for it.Better still run a full diagnostic scan on the car.
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by abiolag(m): 9:22am On Apr 30, 2023
empron:
Depends on the price, bought Nigeria used almost 4years ago and I used it for mobile workshop,check the high voltage battery strength,ABS light indicator on the instrument cluster.If the battery is ok,you can go for it.Better still run a full diagnostic scan on the car.
Thanks for ur prompt response.
How much do u think is a good price to get it? Someone got one for 1.8m with little work to do
I’m planning using it for Uber job and my engineer is giving me backup to go for it cos he has a good knowledge about hybrid. I just want to know if I’m going to enjoy it on the hustle of Uber plus Lagos traffic
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 10:09am On Apr 30, 2023
abiolag:

Thanks for ur prompt response.
How much do u think is a good price to get it? Someone got one for 1.8m with little work to do
I’m planning using it for Uber job and my engineer is giving me backup to go for it cos he has a good knowledge about hybrid. I just want to know if I’m going to enjoy it on the hustle of Uber plus Lagos traffic
Definitely you will,1.8m/2m is a good buy.
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by abiolag(m): 11:14am On Apr 30, 2023
empron:

Definitely you will,1.8m/2m is a good buy.
Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 8:59pm On Jun 06, 2023
Best fuel economy Hybrid cars to consider
Toyota Prius
Honda civic hybrid
Easy to maintain once you have good maintenance culture.
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 12:14pm On Jun 11, 2023
2006 civic hybrid just brought few days, customer complains about 12v always run down and the car will not start next day.
We troubleshoot and discover faulty DC-DC Converter is bad, remember hybrid has no alternator.On take off performance I give it civic hybrid compare Prius.When it comes sleek, luxury and fuel economy.I will give to Prius.

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 5:40am On Jul 20, 2023
HV battery DTC P3025

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 5:01am On Aug 29, 2023
First generation hybrid Lexus RX400 and Highlander hybrid share the same powetrain only body differ.

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 6:34am On Oct 02, 2023
The inverter used in hybrid cars required coolant for cooling the system,a white plastic attached to the inverter act as reservoir there also electric water pump.The water pump plays a vital role for coolant circulation, checking the white plastic attached to the inverter regularly is very important and you notice coolant movement or bubbling.
Failure of water pump will damage the inverter.

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 6:49am On Oct 16, 2023
P0AA6 in 2008 Toyota Camry hybrid
What is P0AA6 hybrid battery voltage isolation fault?The high voltage system is secluded from the low voltage system and the vehicle's frame.
Forget the long grammar,I solved this issue by probing multimeter negative and positive probes via continuity.I noticed HV battery casing and positive terminal short circuit,after opening the casing I discovered leakages from one of the battery.
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 8:16am On Nov 07, 2023
P0AA6 Toyota Code - Hybrid Battery Voltage System Isolation Fault,got a call from a lady she drives first generation Highlander hybrid 06model, vehicle refuse to start after she went to market.We ran a scan and found the above code.cleared the code and it starts drove down to office for more troubleshooting and after packing the car refuse to start until u cleared the code or remove auxiliary battery terminal.
To get access to HV battery your have to remove the rear seat with 14 wrench,on the floor at the rear seat,I discovered water ingress

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 2:06am On Nov 08, 2023
Blocked rubber drainage with dirt

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 2:09am On Nov 08, 2023
Traces of water inside the contactor relay,it was open and clean left it with direct sunlight to dry any water trapped.It was fixed back and test drive no more P0AA6

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 5:17am On Nov 11, 2023
P3105 DTC
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 8:03am On Nov 20, 2023
P0A1F
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 5:19pm On Feb 01
P3013
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by ajomo2nde: 7:59am On Feb 21
I am thinking of getting a 2010 Honda insight EX what does the house think about the car and the likely issues I should watch out for. It's Nigerian used tho direct from the owner and we'll maintained I think

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 5:10am On Feb 25
ajomo2nde:
I am thinking of getting a 2010 Honda insight EX what does the house think about the car and the likely issues I should watch out for. It's Nigerian used tho direct from the owner and we'll maintained I think
2010 Honda insight is second generation hybrid for Honda with an improved design and output,a parallel hybrid system from the review is even better than civic,if well maintained,you can go for it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Good Is Toyota Sienna Xle / 5 “bondages” You Will Be Free From With Driverless Cars / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.