Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues (6357 Views)

SON Certifies Innoson Vehicles, Issues MANCAP Certificate / Daimler To Buy ₦8.3 trillion Worth Of Batteries To Power Its Electric Vehicles / Hybrid-electric Vehicles: Ask Mymotong (prius, Honda Insight, Camry Hybrid...) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 7:12am On Dec 02, 2022
Due to lack of technicians in troubleshooting and repair of hybrid cars,you can easily post any troubles codes(DTC) dealing with your hybrid cars such as Toyota Camry hybrid, Prius, Highlander hybrid,RX400H,Honda CIVIC hybrid,Honda accord hybrid and many more.We can easily resolve the issues together here with the help of other guru on this plantform.

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by Ebubu: 7:33am On Dec 02, 2022
how do people who use hybrid charge?
is there charging station in nigeria?
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 1:35pm On Dec 02, 2022
Ebubu:
how do people who use hybrid charge?
is there charging station in nigeria?
It is self charging.it means two Engine work simultaneously Electric motor and ICE(interna combustion engine).The ICE engine charges it when the battery is down.

3 Likes

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 8:12am On Dec 20, 2022
Troubleshooting DTC P261B
Most newer generation of hybrid come with Electric coolant pump instead of mechanical driven coolant pump.e.g Prius 2010,Camry hybrid 2011 and so on.Replacing the pump will solve the DTC also thermostat replacement is very important.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by Prosperity4All: 5:21pm On Dec 20, 2022
Good thread.
Long awaited

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 9:30pm On Dec 20, 2022
How I solve P3191 and P0A80
Received a call from a popular workshop about a 2007 Camry hybrid, complains car refused bro start after Engine replacement.
Running a scan via one,The dreaded DTC P0A80(Replace hybrid battery pack) I believe due to frequent attempt to start the engine HV battery has run down. The HV needs to recharge and reconditioned then voltage balancing,after working on the HV battery the car starts and dies off few seconds.Running another scan then I have P3191 Engine doesn't start, so many things can bring this DTC such as clogged injectors,lack of fuel,air intake leakage,dirty throttle body.
I start with easy one for me
Checking the injector (nozzles) for dirt or possible replacement can solve this issue easily but does not work on this.
I remove the air intake to get access to the throttle body and I discovered a huge dirt particles by the butterfly, spraying with injectors cleaner solved this issue and the car starts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 4:32am On Jan 02, 2023
Happy New year,Burnt inverter board due to 10mm bolt that fell inside.2007 Highlander replacement

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 8:14am On Jan 09, 2023
Most of the newer version of hybrid (Prius 2010 upward,Camry 2012 upward) comes with Electric water pump.The major issues with this it fails occasionally if proper diagnostic is not carry out.
Personal opinion to avoid breakdown of Electric water pump;
Use the right coolant
Always confirm your fan is working
Thermostat is not blocked
Alway look out for your temperature gauge if it is reading high.
Failure to this can result
To top gasket burn out.

2 Likes

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by Adewonder74: 12:42am On Jan 20, 2023
How can I get your number pls thanks
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by Adewonder74: 12:46am On Jan 20, 2023
Am an hybrid auto tech just coming to Lagos from kaduna pls an hybrid parts contact because I need to get electric water pump for 2012 toyota hybrid that just came yesterday for heating issue which the electric water has stop operation after we diagnosis. Thanks
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 5:03am On Jan 20, 2023
Adewonder74:
Am an hybrid auto tech just coming to Lagos from kaduna pls an hybrid parts contact because I need to get electric water pump for 2012 toyota hybrid that just came yesterday for heating issue which the electric water has stop operation after we diagnosis. Thanks
call this guyz,I have bought pump from him before +234 811 775 1821,if he can't get in Lagos,I have one I bought from eBay but it is around 170k,if that guy have it will be cheaper.

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 5:04am On Jan 20, 2023
Adewonder74:
How can I get your number pls thanks
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 5:06am On Jan 20, 2023
More are coming to the town
2008 Lexus LS600H (hybrid electric vehicle) Luxury car with different dimensions capacity.

V8 massive ICE engine, incorporated AC in the rear seat
So what we have is a huge, heavy luxury sedan that has a gasoline-electric hybrid powertrain, LS600h L gets 438 horsepower from its gasoline V-8 engine and electric motors combined, allowing it to sprint from 0 to 60 mph in 5.5 seconds.
Nearly got lost when trying to dismantle the HV battery,trust me we were able to dismantle the HV battery (6hrs job)

The HV battery looks quite different from RX400 and RX450 but same NIMH battery with voltage rate of 288V with 20pcs each voltage is about 14.4v.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 5:10am On Jan 20, 2023
Battery at the truck

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 5:12am On Jan 20, 2023
Finally out

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 5:13am On Jan 20, 2023
Theatre table for reconditioning

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 5:18am On Jan 20, 2023
Check hybrid system clear

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by Ebubu: 6:27am On Jan 20, 2023
nice thread

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 6:21am On Jan 21, 2023
The engine

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 6:09am On Feb 02, 2023
P3016 and P3017 solved,2009 Camry hybrid with constant hybrid blower blowing high,run a scan with DTC P0A80,P3016 and 3017 voltage was carried out on all the modules (34pcs) same voltages at 7.75v later run a load test and discovered block 6 and 7 can't withstand it, change the batteries and reconditioned then later balanced all the batteries together by connecting them in parallel with busbars like 24hrs.
The car drives great and fuel mileage look better.

2 Likes

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by jceesquare(m): 7:02am On Mar 03, 2023
Nice thread

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by castANDbind: 9:01pm On Mar 04, 2023
@empron

Are you in Lagos? I have some issues with my hybrid Camry 09 to fix

Plus I need a proper hybrid mechanic to manage the car going forward.
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 10:31pm On Mar 04, 2023
castANDbind:
@empron

Are you in Lagos? I have some issues with my hybrid Camry 09 to fix

Plus I need a proper hybrid mechanic to manage the car going forward.
No Sir,but I can give you guide line and DIY maintenance culture.I base in Calabar.08052726390 for Whatsapp communication.
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by Onyiibazz: 9:22am On Mar 05, 2023
empron:

No Sir,but I can give you guide line and DIY maintenance culture.I base in Calabar.08052726390 for Whatsapp communication.

You seem quite knowledgeable. Do you also fix normal cars as well?
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 8:18am On Mar 07, 2023
Onyiibazz:

You seem quite knowledgeable. Do you also fix normal cars as well?
yes if it has OBD2 socket to scan
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 3:56am On Mar 17, 2023
My favourite hybrid car, second generation Toyota Prius regretted selling it out the fuel economy is superb, hybrid battery is easy to maintain.

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by ajomo2nde: 8:52am On Apr 11, 2023
I intend to buy a Toyota Prius but I have a low budget roughly 3m what year or other hybrid brands can you guys recommend. Or should I just go for a regular car within my budget
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by SpaceAngel: 10:41pm On Apr 14, 2023
How good is Toyota Prius plug in hybrid?
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 7:26am On Apr 15, 2023
ajomo2nde:
I intend to buy a Toyota Prius but I have a low budget roughly 3m what year or other hybrid brands can you guys recommend. Or should I just go for a regular car within my budget
2004-2009 Toyota Prius is a good but I don't think you can direct tokunbo at 3m but 3.2m you should be able to get one.The second generation Prius(2004-2009)are durable and rugged with good fuel economic, getting a foreign used will be more reliable in maintenance.Honda civic hybrid is not bad as well I think you should be able to get that @3M but I will advice you go for Prius.Regards
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by BerniceIma: 9:03am On Apr 15, 2023
@empron:Does hybrid cars like Yoyota Prius cut someone's petrol usage down to like 40 or 50 percent?
Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 12:15pm On Apr 15, 2023
BerniceIma:
@empron:Does hybrid cars like Yoyota Prius cut someone's petrol usage down to like 40 or 50 percent?
The ideal of producing hybrid cars is minimised air pollution and embrace green energy.Toyota Prius are really fuel economical car with 1.5L engine using atinkson cycle.
City MPG: 48
Highway MPG: 45
Combined MPG: 46

2 Likes

Re: Hybrid Electric Vehicles Issues by empron(m): 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2023
SpaceAngel:
How good is Toyota Prius plug in hybrid?
Good car if you can maintain it,it has additional lithium ion battery to drive the car EV mode.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Btw A Highlander And A Rav4 / Key Programming / How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.