Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,662 members, 7,813,226 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Is The Move To Canada Worth It - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is The Move To Canada Worth It (416 Views)

Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 / Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? / Government Work Is Not Worth It After All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Move To Canada Worth It by dipset01: 11:52pm On Dec 02, 2022
Guys is migrating to canada worth it? God is faithful I am currently 34years working in as an IT professional in a FCMG organization, currently earn 1.1m monthly this is excluding the perks, my wife who is currently 28 years also earns about 700k monthly. We both have siblings in Canada and both have UK masters degree. I know if my wife applies for PR and does well in IETLS we have a high chance of being invited. We have started the WES process and will soon sit for IELTS.
I never use to believe in the whole Japa thing, infact I get irritated when I see people traveling out, until this year when dollar became over 800 to a Naira, also my colleague at work was recently kidnapped and killed recently. Coupled with the epileptic power supply and frustration naija gives you in so many way(traffic in lagos, passport processing fustration etc). The whole thing is kinda of tiring.

I know every land has its own challenges, like the cold, racism, Job hunting and the starting again whahala, but to be candor is it worth it.

My younger brother keeps me to come over that there are more chances in Canada.

What do you guys think, is Canada really worth it?

2 Likes

Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by Bankowner: 12:02am On Dec 03, 2022
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by Bankowner: 12:03am On Dec 03, 2022
You're welcome to come to Canada, happy for you to join us in the race for a better future.
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by hopeforcharles(m): 12:30am On Dec 03, 2022
You are doing great in Nigeria, please stay, grow your self financially live a low key life you will be amazed how beautifully well u will live In NIGERIA.
Install solar in your home. Be security conscious. Avoid unnecessary traveling and loud parties you will be ok.

3 Likes

Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by imagrg(m): 5:42pm On Dec 03, 2022
No place like home! grin
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by Oyindamolah: 12:53am On Dec 05, 2022
Baba! Move to Canada ASAP them don share this place called Nigeria.

My friend left 4 years ago, he has built his house both in village and town and also built a business for the family. Don't gurk yourself

(1) (Reply)

Free Online Course To Boost Your Communication Skill / I'm In A Tight Corner. What Should I Do? / Hiflex Resources Concept Ltd Is Offering Promotional Prices For SAP Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.