Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? (19856 Views)

Authorized Calculators For The 2019 CFA Exams / Smash CFA Exams In 4 Months, At The Comfort Of Your Home! / Demolition: Fresh FM Staff Weeps "How Will I Take Care Of My Family Now?" (2) (3) (4)

Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by mysticgal(f): 9:34am On Oct 16, 2021
Good morning or Good day,
The long and short of the story is, I want to take the CFA professional exams and I want to know if it is still relevant in the industry, Nigeria particularly and this is me considering the exchange rate currently, how profitable it would be for me in a long run professionally and if i were to leave Nigeria, is it recognized in the USA, Canada and all.

My fears and questions are:
1) I don’t want to spend money on a certificate that would not earn me more money.
2) I also don’t want a certificate that is not transferable
3) Would it be better to do an MBA than take this CFA course?

I would really appreciate if I could get answers

And please , could I get past questions and study papers and if possible link up with someone who has done the CFA exams so I ask some more questions.

Thank you.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by Fabulouslouie(m): 9:53am On Oct 16, 2021
CFA is a good cert. However, you must also have a plan on how to use it. U know say na naija be this, do u know any influential person in the finance sector?

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by mysticgal(f): 12:15pm On Oct 16, 2021
Fabulouslouie:
CFA is a good cert. However, you must also have a plan on how to use it. U know say na naija be this, do u know any influential person in the finance sector?
The influential person is for referral or reference purpose right? If yes, that’s not a problem.
If no, please what is the purpose of knowing such person.
And I plan on moving up the ladder at the capital market or the investment industry.

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by Chijeep(m): 12:52pm On Oct 16, 2021
Oya Books and Bookers over to you...
As for me, anything apart from Business in Nigeria is a long journey to me

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2021
Y
Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by Johnnoah1st: 12:54pm On Oct 16, 2021
10 years old Facebook account available for sale
Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by shopwiser: 12:54pm On Oct 16, 2021
If you can afford it pls write it ..... I'm finding means towards writing SOA exams...
Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by 377: 12:55pm On Oct 16, 2021
I no absolutely nothing about this certificate so i quit

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by RoyalBoutique(m): 12:56pm On Oct 16, 2021
What is the meaning of CFA?

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by yorke1: 12:57pm On Oct 16, 2021
CFA is recognized outside the shores of this country.

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by Bonaventura(m): 12:58pm On Oct 16, 2021
Please do. Depending on your career path, it's even better than Masters degree.

But be very much informed that it will cost you money and its very very hard to pass and progress to another level.

Best of luck

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by plat0: 1:00pm On Oct 16, 2021
Yes, it's worth it.

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by aziak2012: 1:01pm On Oct 16, 2021
mysticgal:
The long and short of the story is, I want to take the CFA professional exams and I want to know if it is still relevant in the industry, Nigeria particularly and this is me considering the exchange rate currently, how profitable it would be for me in a long run professionally and if i were to leave Nigeria, is it recognized in the USA, Canada and all.

1) I don’t want to spend money on a certificate that would not earn me more money.

And please , could I get past questions and study papers and if possible link up with someone who has done the CFA exams so I ask some more questions.

Thank you.
Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by aziak2012: 1:03pm On Oct 16, 2021
mysticgal:

Thank you.

The certification is cool and worth it for a lot of reasons. I can help you with level 1 and 2 materials as well as level 3 when am done with the exam by next month. If you want more info hit me on 08055234062. Have a blessed day.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:06pm On Oct 16, 2021
Certified Financial Analyst.

Are you already in the Financial/ Investment/ Management Company?

Even ACA I’m scared of writing it.

I had to change my change my job career just to avoid ACA, ACCA and CFA cool

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by Iamdipson(m): 1:08pm On Oct 16, 2021
CFA has less than 25% pass rate and it's far more difficult and expensive than ICAN and other professional courses. Think am well oo and get ready to study hard.

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by eazzzy1(m): 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2021
I just passed CFA level II grin grin. CFA is valuable and recognized in Canada. MBA is better for getting a job, CFA is cheaper, CFA is more difficult.

CFA is good if you already have a job in the industry, If you are looking at getting in, do MBA, most firms recruit directly from MBA programs. If you choose to go the MBA route, get it from a reputable institution MBA is different from MBA.

The knowledge you gain from CFA is priceless, I started CFA purely for the knowledge. After passing level 2, I may just start looking to get a job in Finance.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by Shellsploit: 1:15pm On Oct 16, 2021
eazzzy1:
I just passed CFA level II exams yesterday grin grin. CFA is valuable and recognized in Canada. MBA is better for getting a job, CFA is cheaper, CFA is more difficult.

CFA is good if you already have a job in the industry, If you are looking at getting in, do MBA, most firms recruit directly from MBA programs. If you choose to go the MBA route, get it from a reputable institution MBA is different from MBA.

The knowledge you gain from CFA is priceless, I started CFA purely for the knowledge. After passing level 2, I may just start looking to get a job in Finance.
Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by OvaSabi1(f): 1:18pm On Oct 16, 2021
eazzzy1:
I just passed CFA level II grin grin. CFA is valuable and recognized in Canada. MBA is better for getting a job, CFA is cheaper, CFA is more difficult.

Hi. I'm not one to hound another on nairaland but I just sent you a pm. Kindly have a look. Gracias.

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by slimfit2(m): 1:21pm On Oct 16, 2021
Relevance, yes, in 9ja and outside.
Simple rule, to become a company CFO consider Ican/Acca, to become CIO, consider CFA.
Also, some job will require Ican/Acca whilst only req applicant to have passed only cfa level 1.
But oh boy, besides the money, a lot in your life will change if you so choose this "jealous exam", you got to put in the time and efforts. Cheers.

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by ThierryJay: 1:23pm On Oct 16, 2021
CFA is definitely worth it, and will boost your CV tremendously as it's arguably the most valuable professional certification in the finance sector. However, the exam is hard and costs quite a dime. So your real headache should be more of how you'd pass each level with minimal resits.

Another plus is that it's recognized globally, especially if you have intentions of migrating to Canada & co.

CFA's value is like X3 of ACCA.

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by kingemaker(m): 1:24pm On Oct 16, 2021
It's worth it, but you need to ensure you're currently doing something along that career path. Certifications without experience isn't it at all

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by Carot: 1:24pm On Oct 16, 2021
RoyalBoutique:
What is the meaning of CFA?
ask buru de change

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by moscobabs(m): 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2021
Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by Carot: 1:26pm On Oct 16, 2021
ThierryJay:
CFA is definitely worth it, and will boost your CV tremendously as it's arguably the most valuable professional certification in the finance sector. However, the exam is hard and costs quite a dime. So your real headache should be more of how you'd pass each level with minimal resits.

Another plus is that it's recognized globally, especially if you have intentions of migrating to Canada & co.

CFA's value is like X3 of ACCA.
full meaning of CFA please?
Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by ThierryJay: 1:26pm On Oct 16, 2021
Carot:
full meaning of CFA please?

Chartered Financial Analyst.
Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by ikenna44: 1:30pm On Oct 16, 2021
Don't waste your time and money. Go for an I.T cert instead.

Re: Should I Take CFA Exams And Is It Worth It? by Carot: 1:31pm On Oct 16, 2021
ThierryJay:

Chartered Financial Analyst.
thanks

What Does It Cost To Write ICAN Exams From PE1 To PE2 ? / Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa / Dear Graduates, What Are Your Future Plans?