Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review (22155 Views)

Unlock Zlt S25 Router, Mtn Zlt M30s And Airtel M30 Mifi To Use All Networks / Unlock Your MTN ZLT M30s And Airtel M30 Mifi To Use All Networks / Best MTN 4G LTE Mifi Settings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by mattjoe(m): 3:52am On Apr 11, 2023
jboixxx:
Nice one as always.

As regards the charging, I think and believe that users should stick with the inbox cable or similarly rated cable to avoid frying the PCB. You can use 30w charger with the Mifi but stick with the cable which is ≤2A rated. I've used this overnight with my Redmi 33w and Kuulaa 20w bricks with no heating at all.

Again, using ≤2A cable (like TWS cables) is important.

Do not use cable that comes with ≥18w power banks. Those cables support ≥18w and will likely fry the PCB (when overused).

Do not use while keeping in your bag or pocket cuz of heat, especially if you're in Northern part of the country. This weather/heat isn't friendly.

Take note of power led indicator:
* Red = Low
* Amber = Average
* Green = Good

Note: The indicator will stay "Green" when it's fully charged but blinks the respective level colour while it's charging. Blinking green doesn't mean it's fully charged until it's a "stable green".

Omo! I'm currently facing charging issues. Plugged from night till day break only to still meet it blinking with amber color. I removed and plugged it back only for it to start blinking red. I removed and insert the battery back but it couldn't power on.

I then stopped using other cables with it. I started using the cable that came with it but still it doesn't really charge. Does it mean the PCB is done already? I just bought this not up to 3wks.
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by mattjoe(m): 4:07am On Apr 11, 2023
directonpc:

Heard of something like "be fully charged/plugged in before performing this task?"

Battery powered devices most time perform the most while charging. It's just an issue of a very shitty firmware for this MiFi. You can't even remove a device that is connected from your network .

Just following up with your replies and I must say I relate with them a lot. They are facts.

The first one I got from MTN store (locked) was very okay then. It doesn't stress me like this particular unlocked one I bought from Jiji.

It can't charge while in use and can shutdown even with the charging indicator blinking. Although if fully charged the battery lasts very long. My major problem with it is charging. From this review I've read I think the PCB is gone.

I preferred this ZLT M30s from MTN to ZLT M30 from Airtel because of the lasting battery. But it's just recently I observed I can't kick out any user I want (wish is a very big issue). This means I need to be reseting my password everytime I don't want anyone to connect.
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by mattjoe(m): 4:19am On Apr 11, 2023
atheistandproud:

USB internet when it's not a dongle?

Can't believe someone could actually asking such a question. You don't know MiFi devices are also modems if plugged directly to a PC using a USB cable (thereby making them serve as dongles)?

Why should that even be a big deal? All the Huawei MiFi devices I've used don't have any of the issues listed on this thread. I charge and use them without problems. I also use as dongles (via USB cable) to gain faster internet than those connected to it via WiFi.

While connected as a modem Huawei MiFi devices do charge in the process but this ZLT M30s doesn't.

P.S. I don't experience any issues with my ZLT M30 from Airtel except that the ZLT M30s of 2500mAh battery lasts long then the 2600mAh battery on M30. May sound weird but I believe the M30s is built to conserve battery more.

I still have both ZLT M30 and M30s but I use the M30s more because it is unlocked and I have unlimited internet on it which I paid for.
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by mattjoe(m): 4:36am On Apr 11, 2023
directonpc:

I used to call the OP on this post a weird man, but it's obvious he is just someone that will gladly sell you poison as food just for his own agenda.

This MiFi is crap and I've been saying that since last year. The OP will be defending nonsense like "you should never charge and use a lithium battery" Even Nokia phones from 2002 can charge (gain actual power) while in use. This useless MiFi can't get me through a Zoom call of 30 minutes. If we can consumer protection, MTN for the refund us now and they should stop selling this defective product.

Lol, bro calm down. I feel your anger too but what he's trying to do is all about his review even though for people like us we don't accept such.

This is the second ZLT M30s I'm using and I bought it because I had a nice experience with the first one. I sold it because it was locked and MTN is bad in my house. This unlocked one I bought now is just shitty. It is on this one I regret having this MiFi. Very useless to me. The problems you listed are the the same issues I'm facing.

1. Hardly charge
2. Dies while in use and charging.
3. Can't disconnect other connected users

If fully charged it has lasting battery though.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by jboixxx: 6:01am On Apr 11, 2023
mattjoe:

Omo! I'm currently facing charging issues. Plugged from night till day break only to still meet it blinking with amber color. I removed and plugged it back only for it to start blinking red. I removed and insert the battery back but it couldn't power on.

I then stopped using other cables with it. I started using the cable that came with it but still it doesn't really charge. Does it mean the PCB is done already? I just bought this not up to 3wks.
Sorry about your experience. I guess you exhausted the power before charging it, right?
If you have a power bank, charge with a power bank and the "follow-come" or a good cable and it'll pick up.

I had a similar experience experience yesterday, though, mine wasn't completely down but I used a Type-C to micro-USB converter to charge with my PD cable (I do this when I'm lazy to pick its cable or it's not close-by or it's dedicated power bank is outta reach). When I went to check, it was still blinking red after 3 hrs., I knew it wasn't charging but probably draining. So, I connected it with my power bank using its cable and it's "green" after about 2 hrs.

If you can't do without use of another cable, when the battery is red, use only its cable to charge. When you experience this NO charging scenario,
use its/any good cable with power bank or desktop charger!!

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by dukeo(m): 12:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
mattjoe:

Can't believe someone could actually asking such a question. You don't know MiFi devices are also modems if plugged directly to a PC using a USB cable (thereby making them serve as dongles)?

Why should that even be a big deal? All the Huawei MiFi devices I've used don't have any of the issues listed on this thread. I charge and use them without problems. I also use as dongles (via USB cable) to gain faster internet than those connected to it via WiFi.

While connected as a modem Huawei MiFi devices do charge in the process but this ZLT M30s doesn't.

P.S. I don't experience any issues with my ZLT M30 from Airtel except that the ZLT M30s of 2500mAh battery lasts long then the 2600mAh battery on M30. May sound weird but I believe the M30s is built to conserve battery more.

I still have both ZLT M30 and M30s but I use the M30s more because it is unlocked and I have unlimited internet on it which I paid for.

How did you unlock
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by jboixxx: 4:08pm On Apr 12, 2023
This thread!!! Didn't know it's this "long" as I only responded to my mention earlier without opening the thread until now.

It's well o.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by atheistandproud(m): 6:19pm On Apr 12, 2023
jboixxx:
This thread!!! Didn't know it's this "long" as I only responded to my mention earlier without opening the thread until now.

It's well o.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by Drone17: 6:07am On Apr 24, 2023
I just got one over the weekend before seeing this review. But I have learnt a lot and will avoid most of the errors you guys made. Wish me a good user experience. Thanks OP.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by atheistandproud(m): 7:57am On Apr 24, 2023
Drone17:
I just got one over the weekend before seeing this review. But I have learnt a lot and will avoid most of the errors you guys made. Wish me a good user experience. Thanks OP.

I wish you a good user experience

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by Spy360(m): 7:37am On Apr 25, 2023
atheistandproud:

I wish you a good user experience
Please how can I check my data balance on the mifi?
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by atheistandproud(m): 9:07am On Apr 25, 2023
Spy360:

Please how can I check my data balance on the mifi?

Check it from the web dashboard. Log in and dial *131# via USSD
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by Spy360(m): 1:00pm On Apr 25, 2023
atheistandproud:

Check it from the web dashboard. Log in and dial *131# via USSD
Ok what should be my user name and password as I have not signed in before and no box for sign in.
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by Wizyoung(m): 9:37pm On Apr 25, 2023
Spy360:

Ok what should be my user name and password as I have not signed in before and no box for sign in.

Username and Password: admin

That's the default

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by Wizyoung(m): 9:46pm On Apr 25, 2023
mattjoe:

Just following up with your replies and I must say I relate with them a lot. They are facts.

The first one I got from MTN store (locked) was very okay then. It doesn't stress me like this particular unlocked one I bought from Jiji.

It can't charge while in use and can shutdown even with the charging indicator blinking. Although if fully charged the battery lasts very long. My major problem with it is charging. From this review I've read I think the PCB is gone.

I preferred this ZLT M30s from MTN to ZLT M30 from Airtel because of the lasting battery. But it's just recently I observed I can't kick out any user I want (wish is a very big issue). This means I need to be reseting my password everytime I don't want anyone to connect.

All that was said concerning the issues on this MIFI (MTN ZLT M30s) are all direct replica of what I'm facing presently. Only advantage is the long lasting battery.

Management of connected devices holds close to nothing as you can't blacklist or remove a particular device. I'm missing my Alcatel One touch mifi

1 Like

Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by brigs: 10:59am On May 12, 2023
we can open this mtn zlt m30s for all networks in nigeria
the mifi own a very good network reception.

Also the latest mtn s20 4g router can support glo back to back
we can assist u configure urs for glo in abuja
dm 2348097188932
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by atheistandproud(m): 11:48am On May 12, 2023
I will like to state that I am in no way affiliated with the above individual.

If you deal with him, you are doing so at your own risk. Thank you.
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by noobody(m): 2:42pm On May 12, 2023
I got this mifi of recent current price is about 7,500 naira,it came bundled with 30gb,so far,I am getting close to 8 hours of battery,I don't expect anything phenomenal while charging thou,I use a Nokia torch light phone charger to charge it,I just leave it plugged,till it's turns green,I got it majorly because of the 30gb free data,and the 6 months double data offer,not sure I would use beyond that because I get amazing offers from 121 for good data plans,also it's good not to have your sandbox frozen when a call comes in while using your phone as hotspot all because Xiaomi can't provide volte on there devices,so maybe because of that,I would keep subscribing.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by Wizyoung(m): 7:23pm On May 13, 2023
noobody:
I got this mifi of recent current price is about 7,500 naira,it came bundled with 30gb,so far,I am getting close to 8 hours of battery,I don't expect anything phenomenal while charging thou,I use a Nokia torch light phone charger to charge it,I just leave it plugged,till it's turns green,I got it majorly because of the 30gb free data,and the 6 months double data offer,not sure I would use beyond that because I get amazing offers from 121 for good data plans,also it's good not to have your sandbox frozen when a call comes in while using your phone as hotspot all because Xiaomi can't provide volte on there devices,so maybe because of that,I would keep subscribing.

Lucky you grin

My MTN MiFi of the same model as reported earlier charges infinitely the green led keeps pointing showing charging.

Again, if I try plugging it while it is already red so I can charge and use, MiFi will just go off showing it wasn't really charging.

So many charging issues ..
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by Jen96: 10:18pm On Jul 07, 2023
noobody:
pls where did u buy it?
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by Midasbaba99: 2:35pm On Jul 08, 2023
Please, How can I manage tethering on my MiFi device to conserve data during periods of inactivity? I noticed that while I was asleep and connected only to my iPhone 14, 7 gigabytes of data were consumed..
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by atheistandproud(m): 3:48pm On Jul 08, 2023
Midasbaba99:
Please, How can I manage tethering on my MiFi device to conserve data during periods of inactivity? I noticed that while I was asleep and connected only to my iPhone 14, 7 gigabytes of data were consumed..

Manage your phone instead. The problem is with your phone, not the MiFi.
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by ajog1: 9:34am On Jul 22, 2023
Hello big fam and the op, many thanks for this thread, I just got the mifi two days ago, and I noticed something strange while using it.
It disconnected, and the green blinked at through all indicator one-at-time, not all of them at once like when you switch-on the device
And again, I barely used the device before the battery light turned from green to amber( thanks to jboixxx for the amber info).
Please, when getting the device, is the yellow seal suppose to be intact
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by ajog1: 9:34am On Jul 22, 2023
atheistandproud:

Manage your phone instead. The problem is with your phone, not the MiFi.

jboixxx:

It's well o.

Hello big fam and the op, many thanks for this thread, I just got the mifi two days ago, and I noticed something strange while using it.
It disconnected, and the green blinked through all indicators one-at-time, not all of them at once like when you switch-on the device
And again, I barely used the device before the battery light turned from green to amber( thanks to jboixxx for the amber info). Does that indicate that the battery would last?
Please, another question, when getting the device, is the yellow seal (covering the box) suppose to be intact??
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by atheistandproud(m): 10:28am On Jul 22, 2023
ajog1:

It disconnected, and the green blinked through all indicators one-at-time, not all of them at once like when you switch-on the device
And again, I barely used the device before the battery light turned from green to amber( thanks to jboixxx for the amber info). Does that indicate that the battery would last?
Please, another question, when getting the device, is the yellow seal (covering the box) suppose to be intact??

1. Of course the seal is supposed to be intact.

2. Did you do a full charge before use?
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by ajog1: 10:53am On Jul 22, 2023
atheistandproud:

1. Of course the seal is supposed to be intact.

2. Did you do a full charge before use?

it was switched on at the shop for testing, and I used it briefly for 1 minute, before allowing it to charge fully.
Pls, how do you delete messages on the sim card? The message light keeps blinking; that may in part drain the battery
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by jboixxx: 2:44pm On Jul 22, 2023
ajog1:

it was switched on at the shop for testing, and I used it briefly for 1 minute, before allowing it to charge fully.
Pls, how do you delete messages on the sim card? The message light keeps blinking; that may in part drain the battery
Sign in to the Mifi portal/platform (mtnbroadband.ng) and you can tweak the settings; send, read and delete messages therefrom.
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by SolomonOtokun: 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2023
all those complaining about the mifi will also complain about almost any gadgets they are currently using, if you don't know the basics of gadgets, no matter how expensive it is, it won't serve you. one biggest mistake people that always have battery issue have is, they always overcharge their gadgets thinking it will solve their problem but it will only make things worse. and they will be forced to ground that gadget. after charging for 2 to 4 hours disconnect irrespective of whether it has show full or not. sometimes gadsgets fail to show full even when it's full, so use your number 6, and you will enjoy your gadgets.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by bunnae(f): 10:03am On Sep 06, 2023
directonpc:
worst MiFi ever. Can die even while charging. MTN na scam.
This sums up my experience with this mifi. Very useless. Got mine just this saturday, by sunday e nor dey charge. Stuck on red
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by bunnae(f): 10:13am On Sep 06, 2023
atheistandproud:

1. Your battery is obviously damaged and would need to be replaced. It should take upwards of 2 hours to charge satisfactory. I usually recommend overnight charging.

2. Do not use a fast charger for this MiFi, it always ends in tears. Everytime. If you actually took the time to look at my blog (most people don't), you'll see the photo of burned IC from this MiFi due to fast charging.

3. If you're to go the fast charge route, max it out at 18W brick with the 1A cable supplied with the MiFi.

4. Charging while using a Lithium ion battery almost never ends well.

5. Sorry about your experiences.

Note that: People have been using this MiFi and are still going to use it in future. Looking at this device alone, you should be able to tell that it's battery technology is old, something from the mid 2000s and would not cope with today's powerful chargers.
Mine is new, yet my experience is the same as his. The second day of usage, I observed this. I don use airtel mifi before. It was not like this. MTN dey produce nonsense
Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by directonpc(m): 10:19pm On Sep 07, 2023
bunnae:

This sums up my experience with this mifi. Very useless. Got mine just this saturday, by sunday e nor dey charge. Stuck on red
Don't mind that guy promoting the router because of his blog

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mtn Zlt M30s 4g Lte Mifi Review by Labelle(f): 5:48pm On Dec 03, 2023
This MTN Mifi is one of the worst purchase decisions I have made this year. It is completely useless and I truly regret buying it. Go on twitter and type "MTN Mifi Charging" and you will see loads of people complaining about the same thing.

The bloody device will not charge when plugged. Instead it discharges when plugged. It takes forever to charge when switched off and plugged.

Anyone using this for work or school will be sorely disappointed. You can imagine while conducting interviews on Zoom the thing just cuts off. Jeez. It's not even my main internet, I use proper broadband and just use the MTN Mifi as a backup.

Such a waste!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Elon Musk Offers To End Legal Fight, Goes Ahead With Twitter $44b Deal / 4 Ways You’re Accidentally Damaging Your Smartphone / iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.