Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,737 members, 7,851,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:56 PM

Please Those In Uk Already Advice Me: I Am A Barber And I Am Planning To RELOCAT - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Those In Uk Already Advice Me: I Am A Barber And I Am Planning To RELOCAT (901 Views)

I Am Planning To Go On A Vacation Within Nigeria, Please I Need Recommendations? / I Am Planning A 10days Visit To Dubai / Nigeria Lady Delivers Message To Everyone Planning To Move To America1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Those In Uk Already Advice Me: I Am A Barber And I Am Planning To RELOCAT by Ozchidiebere(m): 8:00pm On Dec 03, 2022
PLEASE THOSE IN UK ALREADY ADVICE ME: I AM A BARBER AND I AM PLANNING TO RELOCATE TO THE UK WITH MY FAMILY:: My wife and I are planning or on the process of relocating to the UK via students visa with our three kids. My wife is the one that is going to be studying.
I don't know what opportunity a barber like me without a university degree can get over there in order to be able to carter for my family when we get there.
Those of us in UK already, please kindly advice me. Is barbing reasonable over there or is there any other skill you will advice I get prior the travel that will make me highly employable over there as I still have time to learn new skills before the travel.
Please Nairalanders in UK advice me.
Admin assist put in front page
Re: Please Those In Uk Already Advice Me: I Am A Barber And I Am Planning To RELOCAT by Samekfn29: 8:00pm On Dec 03, 2022
:-

Re: Please Those In Uk Already Advice Me: I Am A Barber And I Am Planning To RELOCAT by Sageez(m): 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2022
Samekfn29:
:-
Are you mad?

1 Like

Re: Please Those In Uk Already Advice Me: I Am A Barber And I Am Planning To RELOCAT by Ozchidiebere(m): 9:59pm On Dec 03, 2022
Please assist with advice
Re: Please Those In Uk Already Advice Me: I Am A Barber And I Am Planning To RELOCAT by Vision101(m): 1:45am On Dec 04, 2022
Barber ke in the UK. Do you think UK is Ghana?
Re: Please Those In Uk Already Advice Me: I Am A Barber And I Am Planning To RELOCAT by Ozchidiebere(m): 7:18am On Dec 04, 2022
Ok, do you mean doing barbing in the UK Is not possible or reasonable?.
So which skill do you suggest I go and learn for employability?
Re: Please Those In Uk Already Advice Me: I Am A Barber And I Am Planning To RELOCAT by Ozchidiebere(m): 7:19am On Dec 04, 2022
Vision101:
Barber ke in the UK. Do you think UK is Ghana?

Re: Please Those In Uk Already Advice Me: I Am A Barber And I Am Planning To RELOCAT by akwesenana: 8:46am On Dec 04, 2022
Ozchidiebere:
PLEASE THOSE IN UK ALREADY ADVICE ME: I AM A BARBER AND I AM PLANNING TO RELOCATE TO THE UK WITH MY FAMILY:: My wife and I are planning or on the process of relocating to the UK via students visa with our three kids. My wife is the one that is going to be studying.
I don't know what opportunity a barber like me without a university degree can get over there in order to be able to carter for my family when we get there.
Those of us in UK already, please kindly advice me. Is barbing reasonable over there or is there any other skill you will advice I get prior the travel that will make me highly employable over there as I still have time to learn new skills before the travel.
Please Nairalanders in UK advice me.
Admin assist put in front page
You're in for a long thing.

You'll need to up your barbing skills.
No be the one where una go dey carry person hair the play.

And live with the possibility of your wife...grin
Re: Please Those In Uk Already Advice Me: I Am A Barber And I Am Planning To RELOCAT by KosiGee(m): 8:46am On Dec 04, 2022
Ozchidiebere:

Barbing in the UK is possible, it’s reasonable and it can be lucrative.
Just like any other trade or business, it can also depend on the area that you want to operate from. It can be expensive to rent a place, furnish it and then build and develop your customer base.

I have a friend who was a barber in Enugu. He has been cutting hairs in the Uk since he entered the country and he is very successful.

As a start, the area matters…places like London, Birmingham, Reading, Manchester, Brighton etc are multicultural with many blacks people…you’ll need your black customers to signal your arrival…having experience with Caucasian hairs is advisable. Cutting Emeka or Tunde’s hair is different from cutting a Singh or Atif’s hair, Atif’s hair is also different from a Lee Smith’s hair. You’ll need to achieve competency in various hair textures and styles to be successful.

You might need to get attached to an already established hair dressing/barbershop, internship will help you.

Apart from barbing, there are lots of jobs that will put food on your table. You can also learn driving…and I mean vehicles like buses, lorries and trucks….Those will distract you from barbing as you wouldn’t have time to focus on your no 1 dream job but you can spread words around via social media….people can contact you and you wouldn’t need a shop for that, they can come to you if you are not in a multi tenancy accommodation or you’ll take your tools and go to them…you’ll cut hairs, make money, safely dispose hairs and no suspicious neighbour will call the landlord.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Please Those In Uk Already Advice Me: I Am A Barber And I Am Planning To RELOCAT by ednut1(m): 9:52am On Dec 04, 2022
You have to relearn and train. You can be doing other jobs while you work on the barbing stuff.
Re: Please Those In Uk Already Advice Me: I Am A Barber And I Am Planning To RELOCAT by Goodman247: 12:42pm On Dec 04, 2022
You already know d basics, you have experience with black people hairs You have to attach to a barber there who has experience with Caucasian and Asian hairs and you can be doing other job, just shedule your time, till your hand strong for Caucasian and Asian hairs , shalom

2 Likes

Re: Please Those In Uk Already Advice Me: I Am A Barber And I Am Planning To RELOCAT by Ozchidiebere(m): 7:31pm On Dec 04, 2022
KosiGee:

Just like any other trade or business, it can also depend on the area that you want to operate from. It can be expensive to rent a place, furnish it and then build and develop your customer base.

I have a friend who was a barber in Enugu. He has been cutting hairs in the Uk since he entered the country and he is very successful.

As a start, the area matters…places like London, Birmingham, Reading, Manchester, Brighton etc are multicultural with many blacks people…you’ll need your black customers to signal your arrival…having experience with Caucasian hairs is advisable. Cutting Emeka or Tunde’s hair is different from cutting a Singh or Atif’s hair, Atif’s hair is also different from a Lee Smith’s hair. You’ll need to achieve competency in various hair textures and styles to be successful.

You might need to get attached to an already established hair dressing/barbershop, internship will help you.

Apart from barbing, there are lots of jobs that will put food on your table. You can also learn driving…and I mean vehicles like buses, lorries and trucks….Those will distract you from barbing as you wouldn’t have time to focus on your no 1 dream job but you can spread words around via social media….people can contact you and you wouldn’t need a shop for that, they can come to you if you are not in a multi tenancy accommodation or you’ll take your tools and go to them…you’ll cut hairs, make money, safely dispose hairs and no suspicious neighbour will call the landlord.

Best of luck.

Thank you so much
Re: Please Those In Uk Already Advice Me: I Am A Barber And I Am Planning To RELOCAT by Ozchidiebere(m): 7:32pm On Dec 04, 2022
Goodman247:
You already know d basics, you have experience with black people hairs You have to attach to a barber there who has experience with Caucasian and Asian hairs and you can be doing other job, just shedule your time, till your hand strong for Caucasian and Asian hairs , shalom

Thank you
Re: Please Those In Uk Already Advice Me: I Am A Barber And I Am Planning To RELOCAT by Ozchidiebere(m): 7:40pm On Dec 04, 2022
akwesenana:

You're in for a long thing.

You'll need to up your barbing skills.
No be the one where una go dey carry person hair the play.

And live with the possibility of your wife...grin

Possibility of what?
Re: Please Those In Uk Already Advice Me: I Am A Barber And I Am Planning To RELOCAT by Ozchidiebere(m): 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2022
KosiGee:

Best of luck.

Please can I get your contact or something.
Wish to speak to you directly please
Re: Please Those In Uk Already Advice Me: I Am A Barber And I Am Planning To RELOCAT by Vision101(m): 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2022
@Ozchidiebere

@me
The only job that you can get in the UK is menial job. You must have the capacity to communicate fairly. Most skills will require your showing its proof through certification. UK is very organized and not Asia

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In Uk Versus Nigerians In Us / Your Cheapest Fare To Jo`burg / Crossing Us Port Of Entry This Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.