Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Quarrel With A Friend - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Quarrel With A Friend (2713 Views)

Wife Asks Our Son To Beat Me Up Anytime We Quarrel —pastor Tells Court / Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do? / For Married People: When Was Your First Ever Quarrel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quarrel With A Friend by IyaBasira: 9:16am On Aug 28, 2011
Hi!!!

I went to a friends house for the mid term break and basically we ended up quarrelling over something which was relatively minor, in my opinion. But i'll just explain and let you guys give me your honest opinions.

Anyway, this mid- term break was for a week and a half. And while I was staying with her, I would help her and her family wash the plates, fetch water, and on occasion I would ask her if she needed help in the kitchen. If she said no, then I would ask her younger bother, who is about 18, if he needed any help with his chores around the house. When he said no, then I would go and make the beds. So one day we went for a wedding, and when we came back I wanted to wash all the plates in their sink . I couldn't do that because their sink was quite small and because of that they wash their plates outside where there's a borehole.
So I was going to take the plates outside to wash them but then I noticed that it was raining , so I decided to wait until the rain stopped a bit. Then i went and ate, and after I finished eating I took a bottle of fanta and was sipping on it when my friend came and we had a talk which basically started out as her asking me why I don't wash my plates immediately after I eat. And my reply was that we just don't wash our plates immediately after we eat, but that I was going to wash the plates anyway so there was no need to worry. The next thing she said was that she just thought it was really stupid and immature for you not to wash your plates immediately after eating. And I was extremely offended because there i was waiting for the rain to stop so I could go out and wash the plates, and there she was insulting me.
Anyway I told her she really needed to learn when to shut up, and when it seemed on the verge of degenerating into a quarrel I left the dining room. Her mom heard us quarrelling and she asked me what happened and i told her what her daughter said. I was really irritated , also because her younger brother had eaten before me and dumped his plates in the sink, and she didnt feel the need to call him stupid and immature.

So I just want to know if i am right to be irritated or if i genuinely did something wrong by not going out in the rain to wash the plates in her sink. Thanks.

Yes i know it's shocking that something so minor became an issue. Lol
Re: Quarrel With A Friend by Smilenw(f): 10:30am On Aug 28, 2011
No, you haven't done anything wrong by not going out in the rain to wash plates. I think your friend could have been pissed off by something. Just wait for things to cool down and talk to her to find out what exactly is the problem.

Having said that, I think it is appropriate to wash your plates immediately after eating your food. Itz a personal thing o! I do not like the sight of dishes accumulating in the sink and make sure I clean my dishes as soon as possible. wlso, When you are at somebody else's place, I think it is approrpiate to abide by their rules.
Re: Quarrel With A Friend by obowunmi(m): 10:35am On Aug 28, 2011
Indeed, its a minor issue. Thank goodness for house girls n boys.

Anyways, I don't know how close you are to this your friend, but these types of issues are ones a person faces when they go live with someone else. Next time, you shut up and smile ---- and do what she says but make sure its the last time you stay with her. People become irritants when they have guests ---- uve probably worn out your stay.

(1) (Reply)

Serious Opinions Needed,coz U Cud Be Helpin Some Women's Mentality / . / My Mother In-law Is Suffocating My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.