Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

UNN SUG Directs Students To Stop Payment Of School Fees, Shuts Down Portal - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN SUG Directs Students To Stop Payment Of School Fees, Shuts Down Portal (20255 Views)

UNILAG Announces Closure Date, Directs Students To Vacate Campus / UNN SUG Threatens To Close Down POS Operators Charging Exorbitant Fees (Photo) / UNN SUG President Impeached For Looting 4 Million Naira. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN SUG Directs Students To Stop Payment Of School Fees, Shuts Down Portal by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 3:35pm On Dec 05, 2022
My school, i paid N2400 as school fees till i graduated
Re: UNN SUG Directs Students To Stop Payment Of School Fees, Shuts Down Portal by 43Ronin: 3:43pm On Dec 05, 2022
Reference:

And who is the cause of all this, the citizens that sat idly by while the fight raged on occasionally taking sides as their sentimental palette dictated not knowing that the fight was to define the future of their country.

Instead they left it to people who barely have weeks in authority and who are not affected in any way, shape or form no matter how the cookie crumbles.

I said it then and I am saying it now, turn on the t.v all you citizens and watch how democracy works in other countries. Government alone does not decide the outcome of the most difficult decisions facing a nation. The people do because it affects them the most. Here we are like kindergarten kids that cannot decide for ourselves how we are to be governed, how we exist, thoughtless of living a decent life or prospering.

How can such an important decision as college education affecting millions of Nigerians be left in the hands of a few old men with grudges whose families neither need the services being debated or suffer any consequences of their actions or not.

The real problem has just started. At the rate things are deteriorating I foresee some of these schools closing down completely or becoming derelict and only fit for misfits.

Bro it a Karma situation that would rub off badly on both students and lecturers. Remember, school admins made every effort to diminish the power of the SUG. from cult labelling to 2 years suspension, to outright ban! This is why the students became docile and weak and invariably why the lecturers and educational system will suffer.
Re: UNN SUG Directs Students To Stop Payment Of School Fees, Shuts Down Portal by Olaolex: 3:46pm On Dec 05, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Make una supply to me. That dealer suppose win d dealer of d year award
Abi nah... E be like say em dey fertilize em own weed
Re: UNN SUG Directs Students To Stop Payment Of School Fees, Shuts Down Portal by Enemyofpeace: 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2022
gladdensir:

I suggest you change your name to 'st vayolence' how about that?
noted. Thanks

1 Like

Re: UNN SUG Directs Students To Stop Payment Of School Fees, Shuts Down Portal by SamOchuko: 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2022
sultan003:

Have you heard about TSA? Even the commom remita, do you know how it works?

Are you implying that they return the money to the fed govt or what? Are you aware the govt accused them of not being transparent with the management of school funds not too long ago?
Re: UNN SUG Directs Students To Stop Payment Of School Fees, Shuts Down Portal by Rupertek: 5:19pm On Dec 05, 2022
And whats the benefit of the endsars? Nothing but breakdown in security. Was Government purnished? No
greenermodels:
The Buhari government would never intervene until more damages are done. That's the same approach that caused EndSars.
Re: UNN SUG Directs Students To Stop Payment Of School Fees, Shuts Down Portal by Olatara(f): 5:49pm On Dec 05, 2022
psychologist:

Non existent or non functioning? cheesy
Existed? Yes

Existing? No
Re: UNN SUG Directs Students To Stop Payment Of School Fees, Shuts Down Portal by sultan003(m): 7:10pm On Dec 05, 2022
SamOchuko:

Are you implying that they return the money to the fed govt or what? Are you aware the govt accused them of not being transparent with the management of school funds not too long ago?

I am saying that the money upon payment is returned to abuja... it is from abuja that it is distributed in a ratio of 60:40 or thereabout
At the end of the year, any money not utilised is swept away by the FG..

There is no fee paid in any federal university that goes to the university account, all of them goes to TSA apart from student association fees which goes to the own account and not unversities..
Since 2018 or 2019 universities were mandated to close all their bank accounts in banks and use TSA instead

Leave the accusation alone, shows you don't understand how TSA works and also shows the FG has no idea what they are doing
Re: UNN SUG Directs Students To Stop Payment Of School Fees, Shuts Down Portal by KennethEnyi(m): 8:15pm On Dec 05, 2022
Useless Nigerian universities
Re: UNN SUG Directs Students To Stop Payment Of School Fees, Shuts Down Portal by Emdebby2: 8:18pm On Dec 05, 2022
Great Lions and Lionesses.
Re: UNN SUG Directs Students To Stop Payment Of School Fees, Shuts Down Portal by osazsky(m): 11:30pm On Dec 05, 2022
oluwaseyi0:
the issue of school fees has to be really talked about in this country

In other countries student graduate with student loans and many years after graduation they are still gradually repaying this loan

Only in Nigeria will UNILAG secondary school fees will be higher than the university, same as Yabatech

and I'm sure it's the same for most government unis

the education subsidy is not sustainable
I thought u guys told Buhari not to give assu one naira..why una come dey complain..next year increase go shock una...we must collect our 5 months salary from sch fees..just like state uni..let fg uni fund itself..since fg is not ready to release money and strike go reduce..simple

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 100 Best Universities In Nigeria - 2014 Universities Ranking. / Final Year OAU Student Killed By A Trailer / Unizik Denies Fixing Exams To Collide With Biafra Day Sit-at-home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.