Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

"nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" (10538 Views)

High Performing Palmkernel Cracker And Separator For Sale In Akwa Ibom / More Banks Have 'Large Volumes Of Non-Performing Loans' / Top Performing Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by ektbear: 8:08am On Aug 29, 2011
I don't have any disdain for you. For anyone, really. You are successful in your chosen career path, and I in mine.

I didn't really want to make this personal, I'd rather have stuck to the issues. However, you seem to prefer personalizing things ("Thanks God I am an illiterate", etc, etc.)
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by DisGuy: 8:41am On Aug 29, 2011
What has the previous satellite done for our agriculture and flood prone regions?

Nigerians also built the power plant at Olorunsogo with the Chinese in china cool
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by goggs(m): 12:10pm On Aug 29, 2011
chei! Na so we hate this country reach?! I thought this news will bring some relief to the daily awful news coming from Naija, alas I was wrong! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by hercules07: 12:31pm On Aug 29, 2011
@ekt

Yes I have been there and done some satellite link setup there, the peeps there are setup like a ministry, they had some good ones among them sha that had been sent on training, but the trainings involved satellite control and stuff not designing and construction, it is possible Nigerians were part of it but they must have had a big part of their trainings outside (BSC, MSC).
The former guy in charge of the communications satellite that went missing had great ideas, infact, he was going to delve into handheld satellite communications but the GSM companies sabotaged his plans, lets hope this one will bear fruit.
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by kufreabasi(m): 12:35pm On Aug 29, 2011
They use it to capture boko haramist.
which well is it performing?
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by auwal87(m): 12:42pm On Aug 29, 2011
It does not mean Nigeria "Innovates" something new!

So go to lipsrsealed

grin
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by olapluto(m): 12:48pm On Aug 29, 2011
It will perform well now. Why not? BBC is mouthpiece for the british engineers helping us man it. Where were the pix of the Ibadan flooding? Has this bogus SAT X ever been useful in managing any disaster in Nigeria? NO. I think its just an employment opportunity for some people.
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by DisGuy: 1:09pm On Aug 29, 2011
goggs:

chei! Na so we hate this country reach?! I thought this news will bring some relief to the daily awful news coming from Naija, alas I was wrong! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

We just want it to have direct impact, like the MainOne Cable did and the Glo undersea cable, we all heard the benefits of the satellites in theory but Not a single word relating to nigeria about the benefit of the previous satellite

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-192.0.html
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by JamesDoe: 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2011
We are launching satellites,

Common air balloons and weather stations could have been used. These would have created more jobs, had a greater social impact on the communities and also created small cottage industries.

Instead we "built and launched" satellites that we probably cannot maintain.
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by okosodo: 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2011
wetin neva reach skt don start to dey perform liars;;;;;;
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by JamesDoe: 1:50pm On Aug 29, 2011
Ok, let's use the satellites to confirm population density,
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by ochiaha1(m): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2011
JamesDoe:

Common air balloons and weather stations could have been used. These would have created more jobs, had a greater social impact on the communities and also created small cottage industries.

So you want us to go back to the stone ages? Other countries are using the latest state-of-the-art technologies to improve their economies, while we are moaning over the launch of two much needed satelliate systems.

What we should be concerned about are:

1. What are the benefits of having these two satelliates?

2. How many Jobs will the deployment of the satelliates create?

3. Does the benefits of deploying these satelliates out-weigh their costs?

I definitely think we need those satelliates.
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by okadaman2: 2:14pm On Aug 29, 2011
I've not seen ekt_bear like this before. embarassed
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by Andrew3(m): 2:18pm On Aug 29, 2011
i will only be happy to hear that nigerian sat x has tracked down the boko haram in action angry angry
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by JamesDoe: 2:26pm On Aug 29, 2011
@ Ochi-Aha

The last satellite we sent to space ended up as space junk which had to be junked to avoid crashing into other countries' satellites.

Our focus should be on creating jobs, industrial clusters to foster economic growth and development.

The US and UK still use weather balloons and weather stations so that excuse you gave does not hold water.

Enough with White elephant projects.
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by pinkrex(m): 2:27pm On Aug 29, 2011
I dont really care about whoever developed it or how it was made, what i care about is that we have a state of the art satellite trying to ease our per-vase pains. What if this money was looted instead of the current utilization??
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by premechaz: 2:37pm On Aug 29, 2011
okada_man:

I can have that effect on people. And, I revel in my ability at bringing out the otherside of our "intellectual elite."

I press buttons for a living! cheesy
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by premechaz: 2:39pm On Aug 29, 2011
pinkrex:

I dont really care about whoever developed it or how it was made, what i care about is that we have a state of the art satellite trying to ease our per-vase pains. What if this money was looted instead of the current utilization??  

Another confused Nigerian wanna-be!

Ediot diasporan
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by abelian: 2:40pm On Aug 29, 2011
it wasn't stated anywhere in the article that the said engineers were graduates of Nigerian universities or that the engineers were Nigerian nationals, what they clearly said was "Nigerian engineers" which could mean engineers under the employment of the Nigerian Govt.
But as usual, we let our low self esteem cloud our sense of reasoning and we jump into conclusion that the "nigerian engineers" didn't do anything. We just don't believe in ourselves.

SMH
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by abelian: 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2011
::Andrew:::

i will only be happy to hear that nigerian sat x has tracked down the boko haram in action angry angry

God Bless you
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by premechaz: 2:43pm On Aug 29, 2011
abelian:

And it wasn't stated anywhere in the article that the said engineers were graduates of Nigerian universities or that the engineers were Nigerian nationals, what they clearly said was "Nigerian engineers" which could mean engineers under the employment of the Nigerian Govt.
But as usual, we let our low self esteem cloud our sense of reasoning and we jump into conclusion that the "nigerian engineers" didn't do anything. We just don't believe in ourselves.

SMH

Is this the first time you are hearing of this project? They have  a website, BTW. Try reading it before misusing your coconut head. Are you also an Engineer in the diaspora? How many Engineers from Maryland can you call up in the middle of the night? And dont you think I need some pum-pum in my life?
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by blacklion(m): 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2011
I can see the NL Oga Jona PR shills are out in full force today.

Classic case of misplaced priorities. Of all things to spend Nigeria's money on, it has to be buying fully-built up satellites to subsidize the UK and Russian space programmes.
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by ektbear: 3:12pm On Aug 29, 2011
okada_man:

My bad man. Shoulda just stuck to my previous policy of ignoring.
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by Becalm(m): 3:29pm On Aug 29, 2011
@premachaz

Have you ever worked in a space industry? When you comment on a topic you have neither the background nor experience, you sound so stupid. These engineers have been previously trained in surrey on knowledge transfer when nigeriasat 1 was built. Years later, nigeriasat 2 needed to replace nigersat 1 which is near its end of life and an experimental nigeriasatX was to be built alongside nigersat 2 by those trained engineers assisted by the british engineers. Having been trained earlier, they can produce their designs and specifications in line with their goals and objectives. I cannot give you details of the satellite techology, but know that when a bright and smart engineer is given the right training in a particular environment, he can reproduce what he is been taught at least in that same environment. Building the satellite is about assembly, integration and testing. Most parts are being ordered from different manufacturers. The difficult part is the launch technology, that is why it is limited to only few countries.
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by islamrules(m): 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2011
So what is this advantage.

DSTV and other cable stations subscriptions are still high.
Internet is still expensive.

I am not part of those foolish Nigerians, because, I know what satellite is used for.
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by pinkrex(m): 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2011
Becalm:

@premachaz

Have you ever worked in a space industry? When you comment on a topic you have neither the background nor experience, you sound so silly. These engineers have been previously trained in surrey on knowledge transfer when nigeriasat 1 was built. Years later, nigeriasat 2 needed to replace nigersat 1 which is near its end of life and an experimental nigeriasatX was to be built alongside nigersat 2 by those trained engineers assisted by the british engineers. Having been trained earlier, they can produce their designs and specifications in line with their goals and objectives. I cannot give you details of the satellite techology, but know that when a bright and smart engineer is given the right training in a particular environment, he can reproduce what he is been taught at least in that same environment. Building the satellite is about assembly, integration and testing. Most parts are being ordered from different manufacturers. The difficult part is the launch technology, that is why it is limited to only few countries.

Exactly!!! And hes got a big mouth. Covering up his empty brains with some jargons. grin undecided undecided
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by ncpat(m): 3:58pm On Aug 29, 2011
when will they launch the one for internet, DTHTV and phone calls in order for the masses to benefit too
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by KokoBeware: 4:05pm On Aug 29, 2011

I cant believe someone wrote this, shocked , comparing  a SATELITE to air baloons to

We all complain of our beeing backward yet we complain at every sign of progresss,

, more jobs indeed,
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by COMPAQ(m): 4:13pm On Aug 29, 2011
Whats the benefit to the man on the street!?
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by Litmus: 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2011
Most likely Nigerian Engineers did quite a lot to build the thing. Anyone who knows anything about white people, media and reporting, will tell you that they, whites, often severely underplay the achievements of ethnic minorities and take a huge credit themselves for everything. Thus for instance the British fought and brought peace to Sierra Leone in only two weeks but Nigeria played no part.  So it has gone down in history that the British brought an end to the war in Sierra Leone.

If Nigeria is mentioned in any article to do with this satellite, and whites are involved, then it is almost certain that they do so  only because Nigeria did quite a lot. Whites always take as much credit as they can for things, study the news and try and remember past events and let it inform your future thinking.
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by Wallie(m): 4:43pm On Aug 29, 2011
Nigerians could have worked in “building” the satellite. There are millions of lines of codes that have to be written for the different modules that make up the satellite. I have zero doubt that the satellite was “designed” by the British and it is probably similar to other satellites that they have built in the past. Most of the knowledge required to build such a satellite are acquired on the job. All you need is an engineer that you can give specific instructions (specification) to for implementation.

The picture referenced earlier showed a wafer processing facility that is usually manned by trained technicians (not engineers). The engineers do most of the design work and the technicians implement the design.

What the Nigerians did could have been as simple as screwing different modules together and collecting test data but it could also be complex as analyzing data and designing specific modules. Either way, you can easily train the “right” person to build the satellite.

People even build satellite as a hobby! http://www.hobbyspace.com/SatBuilding/
Re: "nigeria Sat X Performing Very Well" by pinkrex(m): 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2011
Wallie:

Nigerians could have worked in “building” the satellite. There are millions of lines of codes that have to be written for the different modules that make up the satellite. I have zero doubt that the satellite was “designed” by the British and it is probably similar to other satellites that they have built in the past. Most of the knowledge required to build such a satellite are acquired on the job. All you need is an engineer that you can give specific instructions (specification) to for implementation.

The picture referenced earlier showed a wafer processing facility that is usually manned by trained technicians (not engineers). The engineers do most of the design work and the technicians implement the design.

What the Nigerians did could have been as simple as screwing different modules together and collecting test data but it could also be complex as analyzing data and designing specific modules. Either way, you can easily train the “right” person to build the satellite.

People even build satellite as a hobby! http://www.hobbyspace.com/SatBuilding/

I like it when men that knows stuffz brag about it.

Nice one bro, this is just a detailed explanation to how the Nigerian engineers might have contributed to its building process.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Made Close To N2M Advertising On Nairaland Ads / Airtel CUG / Expert Says Inflation Is Out Of Cbn’s Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.