Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

I Regret Coming To Canada - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Regret Coming To Canada (79628 Views)

I Regret Coming To Europe- Nigerian Woman Says, After Family Ate Her N30m (vid) / I Regret Deceiving My Father To Raise ₦800,000 For Libyan Trip β€” Returnee / Warning To Women Coming To Turkey For Prostitution(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2022
otipoju:

Forklift takes less than 30 minutes to learn and you get a forklift driver license. Its all about up down and right and left levers .

All he will be doing is lifting products within a warehouse.

grin grin grin Looks like you have experience with forklift. He can grow to become a warehouse manager.
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Burgcudi(m): 8:36pm On Dec 07, 2022
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=118962635][/quote] An auto-spray painter (motor and others), house painter and planning to learn panel-beating soon... abeg share scope for me on how to japa!
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Harmonygarden: 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2022
Sup bro can we chat on Whatsapp
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by ghiloman28(m): 8:42pm On Dec 07, 2022
You can start now
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2022
otipoju:

That is also a very good one. An Auto mechanic is a knowledge worker but still requires some hard work and grime. I know of a very good Nigerian electrician who retrained and got licensed in US..earns roughly 80 thousand dollars a year. Even a Plumber or HVAC technician will earn decent.

But with IT jobs we are talking of working from the confines of your bedroom and making really good money.

Not all of IT is writing codes.

I work in heavy IT environment and can't write a single line of code nor even have any IT certifications. But i am a highly skilled people leader and I just provide leadership and guidance from my closet.

What you said is true, however, automatically acquring IT skills doesn't translate to earning a high salary or working from home. It's best to maintain a proper disposition.

Most of the Nigerians I know doing well In IT are those with graduate degrees. I encourage him to pursue IT if he is disposed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by otipoju(m): 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2022
Studymore123:

grin grin grin Looks like you have experience with forklift. He can grow to become a warehouse manager.

Average warehouse manager will in many cases get like 56,000 dollars per annum. If he is okay with that he will be alright.

Lol. I have seen it all.
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by kunle75(m): 8:52pm On Dec 07, 2022
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=118962635][/quote]

Am in same shoes with you bro,here in the state technicians are living far better.
My auto mechanic from Benin republic only speaks French with little or no education but the guys are cashing out big.
I have been thinking of learning some culinary skills and major in confectionery business down the line too.
Presently I work with servicenow as an admin but tech job is on the lose in America at the moment.
God help us.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Softmirror: 9:04pm On Dec 07, 2022
airsaylongcome:

A carpenter abroad does not earn as much as an equivalent skilled analyst or tech worker abroad. I have lived in Europe in the past to know this. Intellectual work always pays more than brawn work

IT DEPENDS ON YOUR PACKAGING. THE BOLDED IS NOT ALWAYS TRUE, INFACT IN MOST CASES IT TURNS OUT TO BE A VERY FIXATIVE KIND OF EARNINGS. YES! WHITE COLLAR JOBS UNLIKE THE BROWN COLLAR JOBS. LET ME WIDEN YOUR PERSPECTIVE. GUCCI, PRADA, VALENTINO ARE FASHION DESIGNERS, THE MAKE MILLIONS BUT FROM A NARROW PERSPECTIVE INDIVIDUAL WITH A NIGERIAN MENTALITY, HE OR SHE LOOKS DOWN ON TAILORING. SAME WITH CARPENTRY, THERE ARE NOTHING LESS THAN FIVE BRANCHES IN CARPENTRY, WHICH AS AN ART FETCHES YOU VERY GOOD MONEY IN EUROPE. I KNOW AMERICAN ARCHITECTS WHO ARE NOW INTO CARPENTRY AND ARE MAKING GOOD MONEY.

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Illegal1(m): 9:06pm On Dec 07, 2022
Jm
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Leoleo1(m): 9:10pm On Dec 07, 2022
Ur number?

Didi2d:

Am also a professional forklift operator, I need help to work abroad
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by LastProphet: 9:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
otipoju:

That is also a very good one. An Auto mechanic is a knowledge worker but still requires some hard work and grime. I know of a very good Nigerian electrician who retrained and got licensed in US..earns roughly 80 thousand dollars a year. Even a Plumber or HVAC technician will earn decent.

But with IT jobs we are talking of working from the confines of your bedroom and making really good money.

I work in heavy IT environment and can't write a single line of code nor even have any IT certifications. But i am a highly skilled people leader and I just provide leadership and guidance from my closet.

Wow, pls can you send me your email to omaleben@yahoo.com, there's something I may need your advise on
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by lukency(m): 9:16pm On Dec 07, 2022
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=118962635][/quote] Me I will work hard to gather my degrees and dem no born their father well make them no give me job.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Desusi: 9:18pm On Dec 07, 2022
cokeryusuf09:

What about those repair electronics
No wahala as long as you do the work under a closed environment. They would even be happy to train you more, especially where your interest is noted.As crazy as German could be,they would put you inside inner office where no one will see you while working.Same applicable to restaurant. You will never be allowed to serve customers,you can be working in the kitchen.
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Panasonic101: 9:19pm On Dec 07, 2022
otipoju:

I guess, project manager?

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Raheeqilmaktoom: 9:21pm On Dec 07, 2022
Softmirror:
Raheeqilmaktoom KINDLY READ THIS THREAD. IT MAKES EMPHASIS TO THE POINT I WAS MAKING.

Thanks for the heads up, I think the thread validtaes botth sides of the argument.

But emphasis should be on the Nigerian environment, not Canada where a working system is already in place.
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Sweetvie: 9:21pm On Dec 07, 2022
otipoju:

You're right but you need to know not everybody got brain for IT and it not easy as stated. Imagine you want a person who doesn't even know their way around laptop or computer to learn IT undecided
There's a lot of skills to learn with cool cash
He should choose the one he can cope with and love doing smiley.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by otipoju(m): 9:33pm On Dec 07, 2022
Sweetvie:
You're right but you need to know not everybody got brain for IT and it not easy as stated. Imagine you want a person who doesn't even know their way around laptop or computer to learn IT undecided
There's a lot of skills to learn with cool cash
He should choose the one he can cope with and love doing smiley.

True. I agree.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by MrValthegreat: 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2022
Xbabb713:
Yooooooo!
Let me teach you how to close and scam white clients with no traces, and Earn in dollars starting today with Instagram!!!
I've got Proofs attached too...
Why not scam them in billions of dollar then Instead of charging me few valueless Naira to teach me?
Are you saying you no get sense?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by otipoju(m): 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2022
Panasonic101:

I guess, project manager?
2+2 will always equal 4

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Optmus(m): 9:47pm On Dec 07, 2022
Nice one.

I wish you speedy knowledge on your apprenticeship.

Please if you have the time, I wanna know the legit steps to relocating to Canada without going through these scammer agents that are in every corner of the internet looking for gullible victims to dupe.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by femijay8271(m): 10:20pm On Dec 07, 2022
otipoju:

I've been on this forum for more than 15 years. Since 2007. Not one scandal, no business transaction with anyone, no advertisement of any product, no begging for or soliciting for anything from anyone. I comment and rarely reply DM's. Clean as a whistle.

He is in Canada and there are thousands of open positions in many fields. This is not Nigeria where unemployment rate is 50% and IT penetration is still minimal.

IT is a very very broad field. Not everyone will be a software developer. If your brain is so dead that you cannot find one field there to chuck head na you sabi.

There are other fields too. Phlebotomy, Medical Billing and Coding, Insurance Claims Adjusting. Project Management, Copywriting.

The person concerned greatly appreciates my input cause I have opened his eyes to how to prosper in his new environment.

Young Nigerians in the USA and Canada are killing it. Working 2- 3 easy jobs from the comfort of their bedrooms as knowledge workers with a combined annual gross of ranging from 150 to 250 thousand dollars per annum.

Why should he not invest two years in his life to aquire an in-demand skill and secure his future and prosper in an environment that guarantees success if you put the work in.

Na where you eyes reach na him you go see.

If the guy brain dull...instead of driving forklift, I will advise him to kuku get a Commercial Driver License and start driving trucks across Canada. That one will pay him more than Forklift driving. That one na warehouse job na....you go dey struggle to pay bills all your life.

Wake up!!!

Agba, i beg shey i fit get ur contact?
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by hartson(m): 10:25pm On Dec 07, 2022
ednut1:
i dey Canada, dey press computer for the bank i dey work. No work to do again today. So i dey chill
Wow,I recall this moniker from Canada Skill Worker Express Entry thread few years back.I still remember Zandora and 40manlappy abi.How are they?
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by nakaman: 10:26pm On Dec 07, 2022
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=118962635][/quote] how did u leave, abeg give me the right link check my signature for contact

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Panasonic101: 10:27pm On Dec 07, 2022
otipoju:

2+2 will always equal 4

Otilor

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by excellentj4teal(m): 10:30pm On Dec 07, 2022
Please can you help share your journey to Canada. How did you got the job that took you to Canada. I have a brother who does POP well and he's aiming to go but don't know how. Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by femijay8271(m): 10:33pm On Dec 07, 2022
Celepope:

Words of a frustrated individual bedeviled by buhariconomy.
@OP forklift job na yeye warehouse work. Better go find something better to do before you waste your formative years abroad. For those talking about IT jobs it’s not easy as it seem. It takes a lot of dedication with a sprinkle of depression, disappointment and failure before eventual success. I am speaking from experience; and from a person that have been educated and working as a Security Engineer in the US for over 7 years. If you can give it a try OP it is worth it if not there are many other things you can do that will fetch you atleast $75000 per annum without formal education but just training.

What are the things one can learn without formal education that can earn one such amounts pls?
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by femijay8271(m): 10:38pm On Dec 07, 2022
LastProphet:

That's less than my auto Mechanic earns in a year, listen very well to what he said

I dont get u, did you mean ur auto mechanic earns more than 75k dols?
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by LastProphet: 10:52pm On Dec 07, 2022
femijay8271:

I dont get u, did you mean ur auto mechanic earns more than 75k dols?

Yes, fixing the 4 shocks alone is $225 and they I have not seen a mechanic without 5-10 cars waiting on queue for them 247

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by wentroublecomes: 10:57pm On Dec 07, 2022
Desusi:

Getting good job in Germany as a foreigner without paper,is like trying the impossible. As hustler,any job will do,provided money would come. You may not believed.

How possible? Can someone work without paper? God forbid What if you get caught?
I heard one need to understand German well b4 one can get a good job. How true is that?
I'm planning to go to Germany. Not to study but pure hustle. Just want to get some info from you if you don't mind sir
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by prophetfire: 11:00pm On Dec 07, 2022
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=118962635][/quote]. Please is there good opportunity for a plumber there? Does plumbing sell big there? Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by prophetfire: 11:03pm On Dec 07, 2022
otipoju:

If you like yourself you better invest at least two good years in yourself make you go school and get at least an associate degree in Information Technology with good IT certifications.

Why you go leave Nigeria come dey drive forklift for North America, when you can start earning at least 75,000 dollars per annum working from the comfort of your bedroom as an IT proffessional.

Do not limit yourself.
IT professional? I don't know why I'm not interested in staying long times with the computers. Once I stay a short time and get what I want, I just leave and go. My laptop is idling away. I don't like opening it. I just use my phone to get most things done. So sit and be looking at the screen for long bores me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant / Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. / Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.