Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

I Regret Coming To Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Regret Coming To Canada (79514 Views)

I Regret Coming To Europe- Nigerian Woman Says, After Family Ate Her N30m (vid) / I Regret Deceiving My Father To Raise ₦800,000 For Libyan Trip — Returnee / Warning To Women Coming To Turkey For Prostitution(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret Coming To Canada by Oyindamolah: 1:22am On Dec 07, 2022
I regret coming to Canada.........

I regret coming to Canada with just only forklift operating skill

If I had known I would have learned how to operate other big machinery

I was asking myself, why didn't I learn any technical skill or even carpentry, electrician or truck driving in my country

I am not saying that forklift skill is not good but people with the skills mentioned are making a lot of money here.

If you are planning to relocate to Canada, you may want to consider learning one of the skills I listed

Canada is a land of opportunities and I notice that most of the employers here don't care much about your degree. They mostly care about what you know and what you can do

Well, it is never too late to learn. Now I work as an Apprentice Carpenter in a construction industry and I look forward to learning more and growing in the industry.

We shall get there!!

602 Likes 47 Shares

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by gaby(m): 1:43am On Dec 07, 2022
Regret back to learning the skills you listed bros.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Rubyjade: 2:02am On Dec 07, 2022
grin
gaby:
Regret back to learning the skills you listed bros.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Bluntguy: 2:03am On Dec 07, 2022
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=118962635][/quote]
This your heading is misleading o because me, I regret reading this post. I am unreading it now.

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Galaxydon1(m): 3:09am On Dec 07, 2022
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=118962635][/quote] i can drive truck. Money no dey to japa

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by SoftP(m): 4:10am On Dec 07, 2022
Galaxydon1:
i can drive truck. Money no dey to japa

it’s never too late to start

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by MatrixReloaded: 4:16am On Dec 07, 2022
All those things listed can be learnt over there. What I opine is IT... regardless Canada a trip of thousands dollars.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by QuinModah(f): 4:34am On Dec 07, 2022
Please I need 7 Market Representatives at Vertex Agro limited for our branches in Lagos, PH, and some northern states. Please send CV to +2349154528904

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Authoreety: 5:53am On Dec 07, 2022
Oga, forget big boy and flexing and start behaving like the way abokis behave in Nigeria.

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by otipoju(m): 5:55am On Dec 07, 2022

If you like yourself you better invest at least two good years in yourself make you go school and get at least an associate degree in Information Technology with good IT certifications.

Why you go leave Nigeria come dey drive forklift for North America, when you can start earning at least 75,000 dollars per annum working from the comfort of your bedroom as an IT proffessional.

Do not limit yourself.

189 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Healthquest: 6:30am On Dec 07, 2022
QuinModah:
Please I need 7 Market Representatives at Vertex Agro limited for our branches in Lagos, PH, and some northern states. Please send CV to +2349154528904

What's the detail about this

8 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Desusi: 6:33am On Dec 07, 2022
Kai!This has always be my complaints to my son,who is a graduate of mass com.Learn trade in conjunction with your field. He will tell me, Daddy go sit down! Exactly what the op is saying happened to me.lam aircraft engineer,in Germany, looking for work in a construction site.My boss asked me did you learn any construction work in Africa? That's was how l began to learn bricklaying a new.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by emorse(m): 6:47am On Dec 07, 2022
Desusi:

Kai!This has always be my complaints to my son,who is a graduate of mass com.Learn trade in conjunction with your field. He will tell me, Daddy go sit down! Exactly what the op is saying happened to me.lam aircraft engineer,in Germany, looking for work in a construction site.My boss asked me did you learn any construction work in Africa? That's was how l began to learn bricklaying a new.
Sir? Aircraft engineer you say? What business do you have laying bricks as an engineer?

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by nicerod(m): 6:48am On Dec 07, 2022
QuinModah:

How is the pay?

I'm in lagos
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by nicerod(m): 6:49am On Dec 07, 2022
I want to learn truck driving but no means

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Desusi: 7:00am On Dec 07, 2022
emorse:

Sir? Aircraft engineer you say? What business do you have laying bricks as an engineer?
Getting good job in Germany as a foreigner without paper,is like trying the impossible. As hustler,any job will do,provided money would come. You may not believed.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Cutehector(m): 7:14am On Dec 07, 2022
otipoju:

If you like yourself you better invest two good years make you go school and get at least an associate degree in Information Technology with good IT certifications.

Why you go leave Nigeria come dey drive forklift for North America. When you can start earning at least 75'000 dollars per annum working from the comfort of your bedroom as an IT proffessional.

Do not limit yourself.
otipoju, its not everyone that can grab IT easily. Some, it can take years before they even understand Jack. My advise is, learn what you love to do and can understand easily so you can be a pro.

216 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Toratora: 7:28am On Dec 07, 2022
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by goldfish27(m): 8:42am On Dec 07, 2022
Come back to Nigeria as quickly as possible and learn one of the above mentioned skill

7 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Tradinggiant: 9:22am On Dec 07, 2022
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by emorse(m): 10:07am On Dec 07, 2022
Desusi:

Getting good job in Germany as a foreigner without paper,is like trying the impossible. As hustler,any job will do,provided money would come. You may not believed.
I get. They'll surely take care of their own first.

But if you don't mind me asking Sir, are there no jobs for aircraft engineers in Nigeria? I would assume that professionals like you would be few here and as such, jobs would be plentiful.

10 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by techWriter1: 10:14am On Dec 07, 2022
Regret back to teach the abilities you listed bros
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by jamesversion: 10:52am On Dec 07, 2022
This thread is not bad. I love it.

12 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Desusi: 10:55am On Dec 07, 2022
emorse:

I get. They'll surely take care of their own first.

But if you don't mind me asking Sir, are there no jobs for aircraft engineers in Nigeria? I would assume that professionals like you would be few here and as such, jobs would be plentiful.
Interesting, seriously, they are.You can only get such opportunity to work with their airlines if you're a citizen, or a foreigner with working permit. They have task force moving from one company to the other checking illegal workers, those without papers. Construction works, security, restaurant, super markets and farms work can be manoeuvre. You can easily work and be kept secrecy while working in these mentioned areas. Should you go to airport, its as if you're reporting yourself. There's no place like home,my brother.If you're caught employing foreigners as a company owner,you will pay through your nose.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Munachimso30(m): 10:56am On Dec 07, 2022
My question is how did you enter Canada, through work permit, PR or visit visa ?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Desusi: 11:01am On Dec 07, 2022
Desusi:

Interesting, seriously, they are.You can only get such opportunity to work with their airlines if you're a citizen, or a foreigner with working permit. They have task force moving from one company to the other checking illegal workers, those without papers. Construction works, security, restaurant, super markets and farms work can be manoeuvre. You can easily work and be kept secrecy while working in these mentioned areas. Should you go to airport, its as if you're reporting yourself. There's no place like home,my brother.If you're caught employing foreigners as a company owner,you will pay through your nose.
In Nigeria,pilots, engineers,all categories of airlines workers may be out of works. Getting job depends on your connection and the people you know. So, you don't know there are large numbers of pilots and engineers without works??

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by ObalendeCMS: 12:06pm On Dec 07, 2022

Please sir, help me sir.

I’m stranded somewhere and need to go back to my base, sir.

Thank you.
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by emorse(m): 12:18pm On Dec 07, 2022
Desusi:

In Nigeria,pilots, engineers,all categories of airlines workers may be out of works. Getting job depends on your connection and the people you know. So, you don't know there are large numbers of pilots and engineers without works??
Wow. Naija sef. Na everywhere we take deficient.
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Desusi: 12:27pm On Dec 07, 2022
emorse:

Wow. Naija sef. Na everywhere we take deficient.
The country is seriously sick and defect. But,l believe there's nothing God cannot do.Let's keep or fingers crossed praying.

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by otipoju(m): 12:50pm On Dec 07, 2022
Cutehector:
otipoju, its not everyone that can grab IT easily. Some, it can take years before they even understand Jack. My advise is, learn what you love to do and can understand easily so you can be a pro.

You have a point. IT is just one of the many lucrative path to follow. There are many others with different levels of very decent income.

Some people have been here since 1996 at least. Sadly till today they are still delivering mails for post office or FedEx at 50+. That is where thier exposure reach.

While some will come pay their dues to the system by going to school, learning a proffessional course or trade and getting professional certifications that helps them get in demand jobs with very very good incomes.

Do you want him to still be driving forklifts at 55 years. What is the career path in that and how much can he really make longterm. When he has a brain that he can put to work.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by BigYash: 1:07pm On Dec 07, 2022
Cutehector:
The way he and those nairaland scammers say it en,one will think its very easily to learn or say na surgery them wan use put am inside person brain. To learn and master IT skills no be beans o

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Cutehector(m): 1:11pm On Dec 07, 2022
otipoju:

You have a point. IT is just one of the many lucrative path to follow. There are many others with different levels of very decent income.

Some people have been here since 1996 at least. Sadly till today they are still delivering mails for post office or FedEx at 50+. That is where thier exposure reach.

While some will come pay their dues to the system by going to school, learning a proffessional course or trade and getting professional certifications that helps them get in demand jobs with very very good incomes.

Do you want him to still be driving forklifts at 55 years. What is the career path in that and how much can he really make longterm. When he has a brain that he can put to work.
i'll still say this, that you learn IT skill dont mean you will blow! For fücks sake we have IT guys who are still looking for jobs!!!! Even if they see 150k own to start learning from to get experience.

It is all about grace. There can be a thousand IT applicants for a 30,000 dollars salary job, at the end of the day, it is only one person who will get the job, the rest will still go back to job hunting.

Jeez!

42 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant / How To Have A Nice Vacation In Ghana? / Man Narrates The Kind Of Wonder Creatures Living In The Ocean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.