Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,155 members, 7,835,849 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

General/travel (F1 Visa Denied) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General/travel (F1 Visa Denied) (545 Views)

Visa Denied / DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide / F2 Visa Denied. I Have No Clue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

General/travel (F1 Visa Denied) by Kenhal: 3:37pm On Dec 08, 2022
Hello everyone,

I had my interview today at US Lagos embassy and my visa was denied instantly without asking questions.

The transcript went like this:
VO: (immediately she saw my I-20) who’s sponsoring you?
Me: My uncle, he’s the CEO of …. They manufacture window blinds and aluminum windows for government and non government entities
VO: what do you do?
Me: I work as a business development executive with so so company.
VO: how much do you earn?
Me: I earn so so amount

VO: I’m sorry we can’t issue your visa

I was like dumbfounded because she didn’t ask about school and all that.

What did I do wrong?

Before the interview started, the person I did my finger print was already like “my passport photo is more than 6 months, bring a new passport when next you come” like she already knew I was going to be denied. Mind you, I took the passport photograph in April and I filled ds-160 in August/September

I also attached my I-20 to this comment, please view it and revert back what could go wrong.

I’m also trying to get in contact with Lagosismyhome. If you see this, kindly drop a contact I can reach you on.

Thank you as I will be waiting for everyone response

1 Like

Re: General/travel (F1 Visa Denied) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:52pm On Dec 08, 2022
Kenhal:
Hello everyone,

I had my interview today at US Lagos embassy and my visa was denied instantly without asking questions.

Me: My uncle, he’s the CEO of …. They manufacture window blinds and aluminum windows for government and non government entities

What did I do wrong?

Before the interview started, the person I did my finger print was already like “my passport photo is more than 6 months, bring a new passport when next you come” like she already knew I was going to be denied. Mind you, I took the passport photograph in April and I filled ds-160 in August/September

I also attached my I-20 to this comment, please view it and revert back what could go wrong.

I’m also trying to get in contact with Lagosismyhome. If you see this, kindly drop a contact I can reach you on.

According to this statement, your uncle will give you $68,000 each year. Is that correct?

1 Like

Re: General/travel (F1 Visa Denied) by Kenhal: 4:01pm On Dec 08, 2022
That’s the thing, I don’t know how the school came up with $68,000. When the sponsored amount I submitted isn’t upto that.
Re: General/travel (F1 Visa Denied) by Oblongata: 4:27pm On Dec 08, 2022
Kenhal:
Hello everyone,

What did I do wrong?

Sorry about what happened dear! And I salute your courage !!!

I think (I am not certain) that as a student going for masters and also working (possibly reached a mature age) the supposed amount should be in your account.
Re: General/travel (F1 Visa Denied) by Kenhal: 4:34pm On Dec 08, 2022
Oblongata:
Sorry about what happened dear! And I salute your courage !!!

I think (I am not certain) that as a student going for masters and also working (possibly reached a mature age) the supposed amount should be in your account.

I’m just 27, if i tell them I’m sponsoring myself, they would want to know how I got the funds. And someone also mentioned that the issue is from my I-20 which I don’t really understand

1 Like

Re: General/travel (F1 Visa Denied) by ednut1(m): 4:51pm On Dec 08, 2022
Your own personal funds is zero, how much do you earn Did you provide evidence of relationship
Re: General/travel (F1 Visa Denied) by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:02pm On Dec 08, 2022
Men America has no chill o. They just denied the guy straight up shocked shocked
Re: General/travel (F1 Visa Denied) by Kenhal: 5:03pm On Dec 08, 2022
ednut1:
Your own personal funds is zero, how much do you earn Did you provide evidence of relationship

She didn’t ask for documents, she just said sorry we can’t issue you.

Do I also need to add to my personal funds because I’m working ?
Re: General/travel (F1 Visa Denied) by SlyfoxxDaBoss: 7:55pm On Dec 08, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

According to this statement, your uncle will give you $68,000 each year. Is that correct?

These are the things you do that thoroughly piss me off.

Why what’s wrong with you this woman? Why so stubborn? You like making me look bad.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Does Anyone Here Have Experience Applying For USA, M-1 Student Visa? / Top Largest Continent In The World You Don’t Know Existed / 100% Success Guaranteed If U Allow Us To Handle Yr Toefl,gre,gmat Or Sat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.