Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide (1594 Views)

General/travel (F1 Visa Denied) / General Travel Advice Traveling To And From Nigeria / A Northeast Travel Guide For The Unhinged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide by cuttingedge: 2:19pm On Jan 15, 2021
Going through various German visa threads I discovered that DAAD as an alternative route to studying in Germany has peculiar Visa requirements and process. This thread was created so that those who have passed through this route can drop their experiences and so provide adequate guidance for those planning to go through the DAAD route

1 Like

Re: DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
I got this scholarship. It was good.
Re: DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide by nextBIGthing: 11:50pm On Jan 15, 2021
binghammer:

Pls can you Share your experience
Re: DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide by cuttingedge: 3:41am On Jan 16, 2021
binghammer:

What was your experience like?
Re: DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide by Brightfab(m): 8:29am On Jan 16, 2021
Following
Re: DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 16, 2021
nextBIGthing:

Pls can you Share your experience
What do you want to know?

I applied in Nigeria and was considered for the scholarship several years ago. It was at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology to do masters in engineering. They pay you per diem every month of about 500euros then. They also take care of your accommodation. It's practically fully funded and you become a member of the DAAD alumni.
The course is conducted in German. Having knowledge of German is of great advantage.
Re: DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide by Fidelismaria: 11:08am On Jan 16, 2021
Following
Re: DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 16, 2021
This is what they paid me. Things may have changed now though

Re: DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 16, 2021
These are some additional details. Noteworthy is that lecture is in German. You'll take a German language course prior to starting classes to get you up to speed. The language isn't that difficult. I had a fun time taking this masters in Germany and left with an additional language in my arsenal.

Re: DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 16, 2021
Additional details.

You are required to return to your country after the Masters. Some people don't want to and end up marrying a German, some take additional Masters which they pay for while working. The rule however is to return. After return you'll join an exclusive club of DAAD alumni and if you are good enough in what you do the German consulate will consult you on Nigerian issues. Presently I enjoy this privilege. Whenever you want to go to Germany for a conference/presentation, you just walk into the consulate to collect your visa. Pretty straightforward. This is usually when you come back and don't develop an unsavoury reputation for yourself. And also of course become an authority in your field.

2 Likes

Re: DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide by cuttingedge: 1:51pm On Jan 16, 2021
binghammer:

I applied in Nigeria and was considered for the scholarship several years ago. It was at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology to do masters in engineering. They pay you per diem every month of about 500euros then. They also take care of your accommodation. It's practically fully funded and you become a member of the DAAD alumni.
The course is conducted in German. Having knowledge of German is of great advantage.

What was the visa process like?

1 Like

Re: DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 16, 2021
cuttingedge:

What was the visa process like?
If you have the scholarship, you'll most definitely get the visa. You just apply like everyone else, but they'll give you the visa.
Re: DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide by Brightfab(m): 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2021
binghammer:

If you have the scholarship, you'll most definitely get the visa. You just apply like everyone else, but they'll give you the visa.

Can you break it down a little bit more, like how you went about your application, what most likely made your application stood out and you were awarded the scholarship. Shed more light please.
Re: DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide by cuttingedge: 10:35am On Mar 05, 2021
@justwise please help give this thread more visibility.
Thanks
Re: DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide by YungLasaint(m): 8:18pm On Mar 05, 2021
Wow nice thread, I want to know if the DAAD scholarship applies to undergraduate students....
Re: DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide by DumbGeek(m): 6:17am On Mar 06, 2021
I have been trying to apply but it doesn't seem easy. bro binghammer is it a must you will have a Goethe institute certificate before applying, for undergraduate
Re: DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide by Egbonfamily: 7:16pm On Aug 16, 2021

Thank you so much for this information, i wish to secure an admission into Karlsruhe institute of technology.

I'm from Nigeria and i wish to be contacted at egbont741@gmail.com.
Re: DAAD Scholars General Travel Guide by Chydobe: 9:52am On Sep 01, 2022
Benefits of DAAD Fully Funded Scholarships 

Scholars who are lucky to be among the awarded students can study different courses in English langage and German Language.  DAAD fully funded scholarships covers all academic expenses within the study timeframe.

Monthly allowance of eight hundred and sixty one euro( 861€ ) for post graduate students and one thousand, two hundred euro( 1200€ ) for doctorate scholars, health insurance, travel allowance, monthly rent and accomdation allowance for family members are part of the package.

For a scholar to be approved for this scholarship program he or she has to sumbit a two year working experience proof. The approved courses under DAAD fully funded scholarships have the duration of one or four years. The approved field of study available are;

Click on the link below to apply now

https://www.scholarworldwide.com/daad-fully-funded-scholarships-for-international-students-2022/

(1) (Reply)

Have A Stress And Delay Free Umura, Hajj This Year With Imam Travels And Tours / I Need An International Passport: How Do I Go About It? / How Can I Pay My Tuition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.