Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge (35932 Views)

My Son Is Getting Married Without My Approval. / Pictures Of A "31-Year-Old" Mother And Her Daughter Got People Talking / My Sister Got Married Without My Knowledge -- Now They Need Me To Mediate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Wellspringbunny: 3:13am On Dec 11, 2022
Our eldest daughter 22 years old disowned us because we didn't like the man she was dating.

The guy is not Nigerian which is not a problem but he has a bad reputation. He is a Gold digger and gigolo. He has 7 children by 6 women.

People from his country in our community have warned us and told us to tell our daughter to run for her life. We have talked to her to no avail. She left the house and disowned us. She got married yesterday Saturday without our knowledge.

We didn't know that she was getting married. It was my husband that saw the wedding footage on tiktok. He showed me the footage. We are heartbroken. We have lost sleep and appetites, here is nothing we can do to stop her. We don't have her contact nor her address.

She has even stopped talking to her immediate younger sister because she advised her to quit the relationship. She went to her sister's old house she heard them arguing about money. He used her credit card without her consent so my youngest daughter warned and told her to send him packing. She agreed only for her to block her till date, she has changed house. We hope that she will not end up like his other baby mamas.

I need advice from other parents in the house what advice would you give my husband and I? Please note we are not in Nigeria we lives abroad.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Emmacolinho(m): 3:23am On Dec 11, 2022
Is this playing?

16 Likes

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Wellspringbunny: 3:24am On Dec 11, 2022
Emmacolinho:
Is this playing?

No
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Nobody: 3:25am On Dec 11, 2022
If this is real, let your daughter go in peace.

She is a full grown adult. If she cannot see things clearly now, she will see it in due time...

379 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Wellspringbunny: 3:26am On Dec 11, 2022
Kobonaire234:
If this is real, let your daughter go in peace.

She is a full grown adult. If she cannot see things clearly now, she will see it in due time...

Thank you

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Aareakinwunmi(m): 3:31am On Dec 11, 2022
She will find her way to you after getting her hands burnt.

222 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Wellspringbunny: 3:37am On Dec 11, 2022
Aareakinwunmi:

Thank you

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by ayomilore: 4:46am On Dec 11, 2022
Hope there is no record of him assaulting his women physically?
Then your daughter will just add to the number of his baby mamas

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by TheWolfen(m): 5:51am On Dec 11, 2022
Women in love are deaf. Dem no dey hear word. You advice them. Dem go turn you to enemy straight up.
Oga leave her. If it works out for her then fine. If not, then like the biblical prodigal son. She will find her way back to the family. Just pray for her wellbeing and death not come to her. That is all you can do. She had chosen her path already.

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Ahmed0336(m): 5:54am On Dec 11, 2022
Na small pikin dey worry her.

Wetin happened to prodigal son wan repeat itself.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Musty112: 6:04am On Dec 11, 2022
Wish her the best. Maybe she'll eventually find out that there is something such as rock bottom, when she hit that, she'll realize that the bottom sef get basement. Life will take its course and she'll return...or not. You got it wrong somewhere while raising her sha or might just be one of the icks of raising a child in an environment such as where you are based.

51 Likes

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Houseofglam7(f): 6:22am On Dec 11, 2022
She knows where you live…..let it be.
Some of life’s lessons are better learnt first hand.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Oloki: 6:42am On Dec 11, 2022
The best advice is to let her satisfy herself. She wouldn't listen until she finds what she was looking for. Let her have her own require one child before her eyes will open.
Though as a parent, you are heart broken, but you need to be strong and just pray for her safety. Beside that, there is nothing or little you can do.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Richy4(m): 7:01am On Dec 11, 2022
I'm just wondering the kind of advice you will be needing now
<< According to you, she has moved house
<< She doesn't talk to u or your husband
<< The only one she speaks to, she has equally blocked her.. so what do u wanna do?
<< I pray it won't be a case of the story of prodigal daughter loading...
<< The only advice I will give to you is to get up, cook and eat ..She has decided to follow her path... u didn't kill your mother smiley

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Eketem: 7:34am On Dec 11, 2022
There is nothing you can do.
Eat, sleep, she made her adult decisions and she will be the one to live with the consequences.

Face your other kids and enjoy your lives, you came to this world without children and will leave this world without them, you did your best, she made her choice.

It is hard but make peace with it.

If she ever comes back crying from the consequences of her decision let her work hard to earn your trust.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Fiscus105(m): 7:36am On Dec 11, 2022
TheWolfen:
Women in love are deaf. Dem no dey hear word. You advice them. Dem go turn you to enemy straight up.
Oga leave her. If it works out for her then fine. If not, then like the biblical prodigal son. She will find her way back to the family. Just pray for her wellbeing and death not come to her. That is all you can do. She had chosen her path already.

If she latter finds her way back to the family, I guess her parents should start again taking care of her and possibly kids abi?

2 Likes

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Fiscus105(m): 7:37am On Dec 11, 2022
Wellspringbunny:
Our eldest daughter 22 years old disowned us because we didn't like the man she was dating the guy is not Nigerian which is not a problem but he has a bad reputation he is a Gold digger and gigolo he has 7 children by 6 women people from his country in our community have warned us and told us to tell our daughter to run for her life we have talked to her to no avail she left the house and disowned us. she got married yesterday Saturday without our knowledge. We didn't know that she was getting married it was my husband that saw the wedding footage on tiktok , he showed me the footage we are heartbroken we have lost sleep and appetites ,there is nothing we can do to stop her we don't have her contact nor her adress she has even stopped talking to her immediate younger sister because she advised her to quit the relationship. she went to her sister old house she heard them arguing about money he use her credit card without her consent so my youngest daughter warned and told her to send him packing she agreed only for her to blocked her till date, she has changed house . We hope that she will not end up like his other baby mamas, I need advice from other parents in the house what advice would you give my husband and I? Please note we are not in Nigeria we lives abroad

If ur story is true , I'm very sure she entered the trap because of greediness and mentality of turn man to ATM.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Mercury12(m): 7:38am On Dec 11, 2022
Life is full of lessons. We only students in life. At the end of the day she will come to know her good decisions as well as her bad decisions but until then keep her in your prayers.

3 Likes

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Acidosis(m): 7:43am On Dec 11, 2022
Aareakinwunmi:

This is not always the case.

My advice to the family is to carry on with their lives. Do not blame yourself for what has occurred, especially because her sister appears to be smarter. So, I don't think you did anything wrong.

Every child will not turn out "well" as far as society's moral expectations are concerned.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Riverrun: 8:17am On Dec 11, 2022
Wellspringbunny:
Our eldest daughter 22 years old disowned us because we didn't like the man she was dating the guy is not Nigerian which is not a problem but he has a bad reputation he is a Gold digger and gigolo he has 7 children by 6 women people from his country in our community have warned us and told us to tell our daughter to run for her life we have talked to her to no avail she left the house and disowned us. she got married yesterday Saturday without our knowledge. We didn't know that she was getting married it was my husband that saw the wedding footage on tiktok , he showed me the footage we are heartbroken we have lost sleep and appetites ,there is nothing we can do to stop her we don't have her contact nor her adress she has even stopped talking to her immediate younger sister because she advised her to quit the relationship. she went to her sister old house she heard them arguing about money he use her credit card without her consent so my youngest daughter warned and told her to send him packing she agreed only for her to blocked her till date, she has changed house . We hope that she will not end up like his other baby mamas, I need advice from other parents in the house what advice would you give my husband and I? Please note we are not in Nigeria we lives abroad

Report a kidnap case to the police in your location. Give them clue of the suspect. They will get him arrested.
Then you you immediately push the case to court.

The aim is for your run away daughter to come out of hiding and look you and your husband in the eye for one last time and make her stand official before you and the world so you can peacefully wash your hands off her if she still choose the idiot over you guys.

Matters like this is not what you can do with force because she is now an adult. Let her make her decision official and live with the regret if she thinks it's worth it.

Above all, be prayerful because you can never tell what you are battling with.

Good luck.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Vyzz: 8:47am On Dec 11, 2022
She might come back as a prodigal daughter...

Or it might work out well for her...

Just watch
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Les: 9:44am On Dec 11, 2022
Not like im blaming you tho but if my daughter chooses another man over me. I have failed as a father! She has no understanding whatsoever what family is all about.

It's not about father-daughter relationship cos it might have existed between ur daughter and your husband, it's about home training! That child wasn't trained well!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by RZArecta(m): 10:22am On Dec 11, 2022
A fly that doesn't listen to advise, follows the corpse into the grave. Your daughter is at that age range where young ladies are crazy otherwise known as the whōre phase (20-26) where they lose all inhibitions and ignore all advice if you know what I mean though in her case, she decided to get married which shouldn't be bad on a normal day. You'll just have to sit back like Peter Pan's parents and leave the window open for her for whenever she decides to come home because trust me, she'll mature down the road and see that you guys were right and she'll come begging for forgiveness. Please forgive her and guide her to become a better person to herself . Don't fear

8 Likes

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by ibechris(m): 11:10am On Dec 11, 2022
This is indeed painful.

But u can't advice a woman who is madly in love.

They no longer operate with their mind.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by nicerod(m): 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2022
grin grin grin

Her eyes will clear

5 Likes

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Omotakins(m): 12:13pm On Dec 11, 2022
If this is true, it seems to be some sort of bewitchment!

1 Like

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by MufasaLion: 12:14pm On Dec 11, 2022
I'll reserve my comment.
Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by MufasaLion: 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2022
Omotakins:
If this is true, it seems to be some sort of bewitchment!

No, it's not. It's waywardness and it's being aided by the society they live.

12 Likes

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Wellspringbunny: 12:49pm On Dec 11, 2022
ayomilore:
Hope there is no record of him assaulting his women physically?
Then your daughter will just add to the number of his baby mamas

He doesn't have any assault record but he was sent to prison for 2 years for frauds

5 Likes

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Wellspringbunny: 12:52pm On Dec 11, 2022
Musty112:
Wish her the best. Maybe she'll eventually find out that there is something such as rock bottom, when she hit that, she'll realize that the bottom sef get basement. Life will take its course and she'll return...or not. You got it wrong somewhere while raising her sha or might just be one of the icks of raising a child in an environment such as where you are based.

She came to this country at the age of 15 and I strongly believe the environment has played a big part with her attitudes also believed that the guy might have charmed her

1 Like

Re: Our Daughter Got Married Without Our knowledge by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2022

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple, The Azubuikes, Welcome Baby After 14 Years Of Marriage (photos) / Thank You All.. / Ways You Are Making Life Hard For Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.