Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,936 members, 7,810,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

My Dead Neighbour - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dead Neighbour (39088 Views)

My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me / My Neighbour Punishes His 16-year-old Daughter By Stripping Her Unclad / I Have Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Tells Neighbour (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dead Neighbour by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 11, 2022
ELDER

Saturday,, August 6, 2022

I went to "family house" to reconnect with my neighbours and barb my hair. My barber didn't come in time though the salon was open as early as 8. Other barbers were already at work; but you know the thing with a black man, once he gets a good barber, it's for life (or so it seems at most).

Took a blunt (will quit smoking this year), ate breakfast with my old neighbours, then went to work.

Sunday,, August 7, 2022

Before church, I went down back to the mainland, to trim my beards as I couldn't do that the previous day. While I waited my turn, my neighbour of 22 years, Elder, (God rest his soul), came around.

All our adugbo Bro started teasing him amid heavy laughter (he was loved by all)
"Elder your mama n papa don go morning mass, second mass go start laidis, you no dey go church?

"Elder: As I dey here so, holy spirit dey my body. I be temple laidis, make una no worry.

Immediately he set his eyes on me, he screamed in delight, asked about my family n promised not to leave me unless I do Sunday for him.

Since I have a policy of giving people only what I take ( I don't drink, plus he doesn't roll a joint), I opted to buy him anything else he wanted to eat.

Na so Elder carry me, enter "family house", from fried meats, to indomie to pepper soup, Elder had his fill. Though I didn't know when he took one Budweiser.
He has a thing with drinks. He took one too many after that I guess. I left around evening.

Monday morning woke me up to a draw I won on sports betting that netted me 38k (Argentina Jnr vs Huracen), I went to work late though n dropped by at a warehouse close to my previous home later at noon.

At the warehouse, towards the side where they offload fridges, I saw my manchi, Bro Elder, with his Bongo White trousers n shoes with his worn out suit top. I just greet am dodge, so he doesn't bill me like the Sunday that just finished yesterday. He was saying something about people not remembering him to give him driving jobs. That it was only when we need something that we remember people.

This was around after 1to 2.

Finally got home around 11 pm. As I laid to rest after freshening up, my younger sister screamed from her phone that "brother, my friend say brother elder af die"

I was like how come,?
Wetin you talk?
It's a lie
Are you sure?
Who tell you?
Wetin happen?

Elder died at Ojodu Berger, same day at about to 9 in the morning, from a truck that lost its brakes. About four people died on the spot.

He was literally mangled with his insides strewn over the road among the wreckage.

WITH THE SAME CLOTHES I SAW HIM IN DURING 1-2PM!!

Few days, before he was laid to rest, I had a very very vivid dream (if it's truly a dream),

He was angry, called me by my first name and said "Uchechukwu, I no happy. I dey vex". I was glad to see him while muttering "Bro Elder, no vex" till I woke up.

This world has another dimension than what our senses n science defines n shows us.

I dedicate this post to all who passed away painfully this year.

283 Likes 21 Shares

Re: My Dead Neighbour by aycapri(m): 10:21pm On Dec 11, 2022
Sorry to hear that bro,

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dead Neighbour by CaptMarvel(m): 11:51pm On Dec 11, 2022
Ouch!
There's a big mystery between life and death
If you haven't make peace with God, then you are on your own o.

Death is just a passage from the physical to the spiritual which is the real we!

Even the dead does not know he's dead.

Give your life to Christ,
Jesus loves you.

Front page pls embarassed

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Dead Neighbour by ikeno(m): 1:00am On Dec 12, 2022
Also got the shock of my life when a customer of mine died earlier last month.
Was at one of my betking shop late at night going through the account for the day with one of my cashier,while one of the cashier was still staking virtual for these customer of mine and he was winning cool money,when he has won close to N40,000,he left after dashing some people that where there including the cashiers some money.

The following day,I went to the shop to monitor what was going on and one of my cashier said,
"Oga,tboy is dead"
I was like,are you ok,someone that was here few hours ago.how did he die?
He said he died at his place of work that morning.he fell from a scaffold while at work and he died instantly.i was shocked to my bone marrow.i still remember how happy he was when he won that money.may his soul rest in peace.

237 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Dead Neighbour by onomeabuja: 2:39am On Dec 12, 2022
Hmmmmmmmm this life is something else.
God will always guide us in His Own Way Amen....
Pls always sing praises to God bcoz that's what moves Our God the most..
Cheers all & may God grant all d families that lost loved ones the fortitude to bear the irreparable lost amen!!!

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Neighbour by Bigfish121(m): 3:28am On Dec 12, 2022
May his soul rest in peace.This is really very painful.

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Neighbour by elpochas: 6:03am On Dec 12, 2022
I always tell people that we only see what our eyes want us to see.If our eyes should be able to see everything,most people will get mental.May the souls of the departed keep resting on.

125 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dead Neighbour by Mercury12(m): 9:59am On Dec 12, 2022
This world has another dimension than what our senses n science defines n shows us.

This is true.
Atheist, naive and people forming woke but aren't spiritually woke should better wake up from their sleep undecided

38 Likes

Re: My Dead Neighbour by Flora2Sweet: 10:42am On Dec 12, 2022
Try to enjoy your money, whenever u can cus seath can happen anytime...

I pray we live long on this Earth...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dead Neighbour by Lamanii22(f): 11:38am On Dec 12, 2022
Omoor this world is spiritual… may your neighbor’s soul Rest In Peace… may the souls of those who lost their lives rest well too including my aunt’s soul, she passed away in October this year…

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Neighbour by ately1(m): 11:40am On Dec 12, 2022
Rest well to all who lost their life this year

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Neighbour by Karleb(m): 5:01pm On Dec 12, 2022
cry
Re: My Dead Neighbour by Houseofglam7(f): 5:24pm On Dec 12, 2022
cry
Re: My Dead Neighbour by bishopkay: 7:22pm On Dec 12, 2022
macbede:
ELDER

Saturday,, August 6, 2022

I went to "family house" to reconnect with my neighbours and barb my hair. My barber didn't come in time though the salon was open as early as 8. Other barbers were already at work; but you know the thing with a black man, once he gets a good barber, it's for life (or so it seems at most).

Took a blunt (will quit smoking this year), ate breakfast with my old neighbours, then went to work.

Sunday,, August 7, 2022

Before church, I went down back to the mainland, to trim my beards as I couldn't do that the previous day. While I waited my turn, my neighbour of 22 years, Elder, (God rest his soul), came around.

All our adugbo Bro started teasing him amid heavy laughter (he was loved by all)
"Elder your mama n papa don go morning mass, second mass go start laidis, you no dey go church?

"Elder: As I dey here so, holy spirit dey my body. I be temple laidis, make una no worry.

Immediately he set his eyes on me, he screamed in delight, asked about my family n promised not to leave me unless I do Sunday for him.

Since I have a policy of giving people only what I take ( I don't drink, plus he doesn't roll a joint), I opted to buy him anything else he wanted to eat.

Na so Elder carry me, enter "family house", from fried meats, to indomie to pepper soup, Elder had his fill. Though I didn't know when he took one Budweiser.
He has a thing with drinks. He took one too many after that I guess. I left around evening.

Monday morning woke me up to a draw I won on msports that netted me 38k (Argentina Jnr vs Huracen), I went to work late though n dropped by at a warehouse close to my previous home later at noon.

At the warehouse, towards the side where they offload fridges, I saw my manchi, Bro Elder, with his Bongo White trousers n shoes with his worn out suit top. I just greet am dodge, so he doesn't bill me like the Sunday that just finished yesterday. He was saying something about people not remembering him to give him driving jobs. That it was only when we need something that we remember people.

This was around after 1to 2.

Finally got home around 11 pm. As I laid to rest after freshening up, my younger sister screamed from her phone that "brother, my friend say brother elder af die"

I was like how come,?
Wetin you talk?
It's a lie
Are you sure?
Who tell you?
Wetin happen?

Elder died at Ojodu Berger, same day at about to 9 in the morning, from a truck that lost its brakes. About four people died on the spot.

He was literally mangled with his insides strewn over the road among the wreckage.

WITH THE SAME CLOTHES I SAW HIM IN DURING 1-2PM!!

Few days, before he was laid to rest, I had a very very vivid dream (if it's truly a dream),

He was angry, called me by my first name and said "Uchechukwu, I no happy. I dey vex". I was glad to see him while muttering "Bro Elder, no vex" till I woke up.

I dedicate this post to all who passed away painfully this year.

cc: DrOladipo, Sean, Mathematical, tosyne2much, NwaAmaikpe, bishopkay, ubunja
Sorry for your loss brother.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Neighbour by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2022
I appreciate your reaching out Bro. Many thanks

bishopkay:

Sorry for your loss brother.

3 Likes

Re: My Dead Neighbour by JoeNL22(m): 11:38am On Dec 14, 2022
It is well......I dedicate this comment to the Kaduna labour party woman leader who lost her life fighting for peace and justice. Your labour shall never be in vain.

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Dead Neighbour by Marvieduke(f): 11:38am On Dec 14, 2022
So sad he was killed by truck. Only God knows best.

1 Like

Re: My Dead Neighbour by GoooodHardDick: 11:38am On Dec 14, 2022
Quite long but such is life!

Na so I take see one of my friend one day for road years ago, dude called me and was like "how far na?Omo e Don tey oo. We greeted and hangout as old paddies. Few days later Only for me to hear that he was Hit by a car by some idiots who were learning how to drive. He died of internal bleeding

Keep resting man! U lived a conquered life!

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dead Neighbour by FalseProphet1(m): 11:39am On Dec 14, 2022
sad
Re: My Dead Neighbour by naijknight: 11:39am On Dec 14, 2022
cry

1 Like

Re: My Dead Neighbour by Midehi3(f): 11:39am On Dec 14, 2022
Hmmm, that is life for you
Re: My Dead Neighbour by jojothaiv(m): 11:39am On Dec 14, 2022
Interesting....
Re: My Dead Neighbour by inoki247: 11:39am On Dec 14, 2022
ok
Re: My Dead Neighbour by 4tomandchi: 11:39am On Dec 14, 2022
Hi
Re: My Dead Neighbour by nony43(m): 11:40am On Dec 14, 2022
This life is deep. Those who die from accidents are always angry and not happy, some go somewhere else to live after death until someone they know identifies them. Sorry bro. Accept my condolences.

1 Like

Re: My Dead Neighbour by havenz(m): 11:40am On Dec 14, 2022
Sorry for the lost, it's so painful.
Death na turn by turn as we arrive this world in different ways so we all jet out of the world in different ways too.

Take heart bro.

3 Likes

Re: My Dead Neighbour by MidasNG: 11:42am On Dec 14, 2022
CaptMarvel:
Ouch!

Front page pls embarassed

1 Like

Re: My Dead Neighbour by Zetty177x: 11:42am On Dec 14, 2022
That's life
Re: My Dead Neighbour by timiade446(m): 11:42am On Dec 14, 2022
Sorry for your loss man
Re: My Dead Neighbour by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:43am On Dec 14, 2022
Eeyah. May he Rest in Peace.
Re: My Dead Neighbour by dododawa1: 11:43am On Dec 14, 2022
This world is far.
Re: My Dead Neighbour by Ishilove: 11:43am On Dec 14, 2022
Anyone who says the spiritual does not exist is very naive

24 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Housewives Bathe Each Other With Hot Water Over Lover (photos) / Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.