Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,005 members, 7,821,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South (1938 Views)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Relocating To Another Country (japa Bandwagon) / Jakpa Advise: Think Critically / Jakpa To Bolivia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by HRprof: 7:27am On Dec 12, 2022
With the wave of Jakpa going on in the country I still do not understand why Hausa’s don’t join the bandwagon to Jakpa abroad. I have pondered into this thought and I felt I should share my personal opinion and the implications that might affect the south west, south south and south East region if continue on the ongoing Jakpa.

Come to think of it , some of the reasons given by those who Jakpa is sighted insecurity meanwhile Northern Nigeria has the highest share of insecurity, the most affected region yet they don’t Jakpa to abroad rather they Jakpa within Nigeria to a place they felt is more safer than the North, however occupying the community of those who Jakpa abroad? Recently there are flocks of Hausa in all southern region.

Looking at the implication to the Jakpa abroad region:
1. With the insinuation that some persons want to islamize Nigeria with this it should be an opportunity for them to accomplish that.
2. When Hausa’s occupy the Jakpa syndrome communities they will possess your possessions and conquer your region.
3. The northerners will install Emir to all the Jakpa communities and take over their region
4. When they Jakpa people decide to return back to their country they become third class citizens in their fatherland.

Let discuss !!!!
Note; Not war !!! Not tribal sentiment !!!

Cc disguy ,Justwise
@frontpage

5 Likes

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by ednut1(m): 7:40am On Dec 12, 2022
There are over 100m people in southern Nigerian . Total Nigerians in Diaspora is less than 5m. It is not possible for majority of Nigerians to japa as no country can absorb us all . Many countries have also banned or made it hard for Nigerians to come in. So your topic is baseless and lacks merit. Mods help us delete this nonsense

21 Likes

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by Tokskob2008: 7:54am On Dec 12, 2022
I guess you took what you see and read on social media too serious......
You are sounding like almost everybody in the South has japaa meanwhile when you look around even in your immediate environment you will still see millions of your people so what is this fuss about then abi na so the japaa sef easy reach with all the restrictions most countries have giving the Nigerian passport...

4 Likes

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by Munamoqel: 8:18am On Dec 12, 2022
HRprof:
With the wave of Jakpa going on in the country I still do not understand why Hausa’s don’t join the bandwagon to Jakpa abroad. I have pondered into this thought and I felt I should share my personal opinion and the implications that might affect the south west, south south and south East region if continue on the ongoing Jakpa.

Come to think of it , some of the reasons given by those who Jakpa is sighted insecurity meanwhile Northern Nigeria has the highest share of insecurity, the most affected region yet they don’t Jakpa to abroad rather they Jakpa within Nigeria to a place they felt is more safer than the North, however occupying the community of those who Jakpa abroad? Recently there are flocks of Hausa in all southern region.

1. With the insinuation that some persons want to islamize Nigeria with this it should be an opportunity for them to accomplish that.
2. When Hausa’s occupy the Jakpa syndrome communities they will possess your possessions and conquer your region.
3. The northerners will install Emir to all the Jakpa communities and take over their region
4. When they Jakpa people decide to return back to their country they become third class citizens in their fatherland.

Let discuss !!!!

Cc disguy ,Justwise
@frontpage
JAPA cost Millions and northern Man will rather invest in rice farm and enjoy is life here. Example 1m naira visa fees and IHS for uk can cultivate 4 hec of rice to give yield of 200 bags x23k that 4m .why will go and be caring for oyinbo ? He he can also be farming and exporting zobo leaves and earn FX . Northern doctors japa to Saudi where the pay is higher and zero tax unlike the uk

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by Munamoqel: 8:24am On Dec 12, 2022
HRprof:

Let discuss !!!!

Cc disguy ,Justwise
@frontpage
hausa cannot slave for oyinbo .he cant be doing care giver work to a old sick oyinbo .he cant be a janitor In the UK .he . He can only do professional Job in the uk

5 Likes

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by kelmicheal: 9:13am On Dec 12, 2022
Not possible for everybody to japa life is not constant some come some go.
Is like thousands of commuters coming to Lagos while thousands also leaving lagos
Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by CuriousX: 11:21am On Dec 12, 2022
The hausas/Northerners are not joining because great majority of them cannot thrive in a place where merit is the norm.

Look at Nigerians doing well all over the world and breaking records, majority are Southerners only a handful of Northerners ever accomplish such feats.

When you are used to a quota system where you enter school with lower scores compared to your mates down south, how do you thrive globally in an environment where only merit is the norm?

Also these western countries are looking for skilled people most of the time and majority of these Northerners lack the skills needed because they lack education in the first place.

Look at the Canadian and Australia PR program, how many Northerners can qualify? Only a handful. So northerners are not migrating because majority dont have the qualifications needed. Many of those that have are half baked graduates manufactured by sub par universities up north.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by justwise(m): 11:37am On Dec 12, 2022
HRprof:

Let discuss !!!!

Cc disguy ,Justwise
@frontpage

Hausa no dey go school, those that do hate western education and culture, they travel to Arabic countries to study so why are surprised that they are not part of japa crew?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by justwise(m): 11:40am On Dec 12, 2022
Munamoqel:
stup up Which merits when race define you .do you know why your race are down the food ladder and have the highest number of prisoner .where is the merits in you state .Igbo go open business and employ only igbos but want hausa man not to do same .shameless people .

You don’t have what it takes to have a civil discussion, you enjoy insulting people that disagree with you.

3 Likes

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by LordIsaac(m): 1:28pm On Dec 12, 2022
It's simply because they can't pass IELTS, GRE or GMAT. No other reason subsists.
Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by kulzinnyjo(f): 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2022
You are right. The implications are more than opportunities for southerners. When you leave, you have opened the door for the northerners to occupy and hence distancing yourself and now you keep shouting we southerners are marginalized, we don't have connections, bla bla lol. How can you have connections when you are not around?? Lol.. Unless we southerners japa to come back, which rarely ever happens or/and attain a very high level of success like. Ngozi Iweala or Kemi Badenoch or even more like ELon MUsk, If not, im sorry it's really sad all round sad. God bless everyone

HRprof:

Let discuss !!!!

Cc disguy ,Justwise
@frontpage

3 Likes

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by oluwafreshkid(m): 4:22pm On Dec 12, 2022
ednut1:
There are over 100m people in southern Nigerian . Total Nigerians in Diaspora is less than 5m. It is not possible for majority of Nigerians to japa as no country can absorb us all . Many countries have also banned or made it hard for Nigerians to come in. So your topic is baseless and lacks merit. Mods help us delete this nonsense

How do you want your blessing?
In retail abi wholesale?

People just cap this japa thing overly

1 Like

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by HRprof: 5:42pm On Dec 12, 2022
ednut1:
What you should ask yourself , Are Nigerians moving to a particular country 200m people can share themselves to different countries around the world and they still do not over populates the countries.
Unfortunately mod will not delete it because you lack comprehension.

1 Like

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by ednut1(m): 6:05pm On Dec 12, 2022
HRprof:

What you should ask yourself , Are Nigerians moving to a particular country 200m people can share themselves to different countries around the world and they still do not over populates the countries.
Unfortunately mod will not delete it because you lack comprehension.
to which countries With all the visa bans and harsh treatment of Nigerian visa holders With all the easy uk students visa, total nigerias that have gone there is less than 200k since 2020. Majority of Nigerians are not japaing and cannot japa even if they wanted. So rest

1 Like

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by HRprof: 6:34pm On Dec 12, 2022
ednut1:
to which countries With all the visa bans and harsh treatment of Nigerian visa holders With all the easy uk students visa, total nigerias that have gone there is less than 200k since 2020. Majority of Nigerians are not japaing and cannot japa even if they wanted. So rest
So is only Uk that give visa to Nigerians How did you get your Canada visa

1 Like

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by ednut1(m): 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2022
HRprof:

So is only Uk that give visa to Nigerians How did you get your Canada visa
Canada less than 30,000 Nigerians are given visa yearly ( pr plus students).The stats are online. For usa Nigerians are not even among top 10 immigrants. So where will the 200m go to.

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by HRprof: 6:50pm On Dec 12, 2022
ednut1:
Canada less than 30,000 Nigerians are given visa yearly ( pr plus students).The stats are online.
Why not compile the list of Nigerians in different countries plus those processing their visa to Jakpa and those planning to Jakpa let’s know how many go remain maybe few southern and majority the northern wink
You are one of Jakpa promoter here grin

1 Like

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by ednut1(m): 7:18pm On Dec 12, 2022
oluwafreshkid:

How do you want your blessing?
In retail abi wholesale?

People just cap this japa thing overly
so many ignorant people on here. The way dem dey talk this japa you would think that 50m people have left Nigeria in the last 2 years. Countries like UAE , Turkey , South Africa, etc that use to take Nigerians don ban us or dey show us shege. Getting visiting visa to major countries for many Nigeria is now impossible. So this idea of south will be empty ehn

2 Likes

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by HRprof: 7:27pm On Dec 12, 2022
Munamoqel:
hausa cannot slave for oyinbo .he cant be doing care giver work to a old sick oyinbo .he cant be a janitor In the UK .he . He can only do professional Job in the uk
Professional job ! Who dash am They say Hausa no dey go school how they go manage get professional job. Asking for my neighbor grin

2 Likes

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by oluwafreshkid(m): 7:39pm On Dec 12, 2022
ednut1:
so many ignorant people on here. The way dem dey talk this japa you would think that 50m people have left Nigeria in the last 2 years. Countries like UAE , Turkey , South Africa, etc that use to take Nigerians don ban us or dey show us shege. Getting visiting visa to major countries for many Nigeria is now impossible. So this idea of south will be empty ehn

And northerners will come occupy the land. Funny
Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 09, 2023
ednut1:

Is a lie. 125 million Nigerians have Japa to the UK since 2020.
Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by zada(m): 3:35pm On Jan 09, 2023
a typical Hausa
CuriousX:
The hausas/Northerners are not joining because great majority of them cannot thrive in a place where merit is the norm.

Look at Nigerians doing well all over the world and breaking records, majority are Southerners only a handful of Northerners ever accomplish such feats.

When you are used to a quota system where you enter school with lower scores compared to your mates down south, how do you thrive globally in an environment where only merit is the norm?

Also these western countries are looking for skilled people most of the time and majority of these Northerners lack the skills needed because they lack education in the first place.

Look at the Canadian and Australia PR program, how many Northerners can qualify? Only a handful. So northerners are not migrating because majority dont have the qualifications needed. Many of those that have are half baked graduates manufactured by sub par universities up north.

Your assertion is totally wrong we do have Hausa people abroad doing exceptionally well, but by their conservative nature you will never know they are Hausa's. Let me also educate you that we have some of the finest brains in northern universities and colleges that don't brag about their contributions to developmental projects in Nigeria and elsewhere. Also, a Hausa man doesn't take his accomplishment as a matter of tribal publicity which we have rampant in the Southwest, Southeast and South South. You failed to realize that the average Hausa man is contented with his present status and only resigns his fate to the world after.
In the other regions the quest for material gains and public recognition is paramount, you are talking about lack of skills in the North, I wonder what you actually mean by that. we all know that the subject matter has vindicated the north already. if your assertion were to be true, then there would no need for South westerners, South easterners and South southerners to 'JAPA' in the first place. I believe a highly skilled and educated society should be a developed society and needs not indulge in migrations abroad.
Furthermore, I need you to understand that in the Southwest, Southeast and South South everything is a trend as such the skills you talk of is drawn out from the quest to be rich 'which s materialistic' and NOT for development, Passion or Genuity.
Lastly, who told you the North produces half-baked graduates? when all over the country we see graduates unable to justify their certification.
Students paying their ways to better grades is the order of the day in Southwest, Southeast and South South, to the extend grades have been substituted for sex in renowned universities in Southwest, Southeast and South South, something that is not very common in the North. The North may Lag in western education but have one of the best tertiary institutions in Nigeria and with remarkable minds that you can't comprehend. Let me conclude by saying that a typical Hausa travels abroad for vacation, training/workshop and government functions, and not for greener pastures, hence the reason (s) they don't have the 'JAPA' syndrome in them.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by Ahmad880881: 6:07pm On Jan 09, 2023
The reason that hausas are not among japa crew is simply because they are patriotic. Those that view working and traveling to oversea as something like civilization, "Toh! su suka sani!". At the end i will advice japa crew to cook their food and eat it because others people's food can never satisfy you

1 Like

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by SHINJA: 6:14pm On Jan 09, 2023
The hausas enjoy living in poverty....

They see being poor as the will of Allah

1 Like

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by zada(m): 6:55pm On Jan 09, 2023
SHINJA:
The hausas enjoy living in poverty....

They see being poor as the will of Allah

Being contented and not too overzealous to make ill wealth and questionable money is not what an average Hausa man craves for.

NO ONE LIKES TO LIVE IN POVERTY!

3 Likes

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by Chasemaduka: 11:53pm On Jan 09, 2023
The hausa tribe are the poorest among the 3 major ethic groups. They can't afford it. Simple truth.
Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by Chasemaduka: 12:04am On Jan 10, 2023
Oga leave this story and zagons.

If you are good and accomplished great things, you dont need to brag, people will sing your praises for you. Light cant be covered.

He did not say hausa dont migrate. Learn how to ready and interpret. He said a handful. Mean very few does.

If 100 nigerians migrate, 85 to 90 percent are igbo and yoruba.

How many middle class hausa in the north can afford 5 million naira? Stop trying to defend or paint things that are clear.

The hausa tribe has the poorest and most illiterate people in the country.

They cant afford to migrate financially and in terms of educational qualifications.
zada:
a typical Hausa

Your assertion is totally wrong we do have Hausa people abroad doing exceptionally well, but by their conservative nature you will never know they are Hausa's. Let me also educate you that we have some of the finest brains in northern universities and colleges that don't brag about their contributions to developmental projects in Nigeria and elsewhere. Also, a Hausa man doesn't take his accomplishment as a matter of tribal publicity which we have rampant in the Southwest, Southeast and South South. You failed to realize that the average Hausa man is contented with his present status and only resigns his fate to the world after.
In the other regions the quest for material gains and public recognition is paramount, you are talking about lack of skills in the North, I wonder what you actually mean by that. we all know that the subject matter has vindicated the north already. if your assertion were to be true, then there would no need for South westerners, South easterners and South southerners to 'JAPA' in the first place. I believe a highly skilled and educated society should be a developed society and needs not indulge in migrations abroad.
Furthermore, I need you to understand that in the Southwest, Southeast and South South everything is a trend as such the skills you talk of is drawn out from the quest to be rich 'which s materialistic' and NOT for development, Passion or Genuity.
Lastly, who told you the North produces half-baked graduates? when all over the country we see graduates unable to justify their certification.
Students paying their ways to better grades is the order of the day in Southwest, Southeast and South South, to the extend grades have been substituted for sex in renowned universities in Southwest, Southeast and South South, something that is not very common in the North. The North may Lag in western education but have one of the best tertiary institutions in Nigeria and with remarkable minds that you can't comprehend. Let me conclude by saying that a typical Hausa travels abroad for vacation, training/workshop and government functions, and not for greener pastures, hence the reason (s) they don't have the 'JAPA' syndrome in them.

1 Like

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 10, 2023
zada:
a typical Hausa

thank you for schooling that bias n bigoted clown. Reading his post, you could imagine how empty he is irl.

2 Likes

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by Owopariola001: 9:37am On Jan 10, 2023
justwise:

Hausa no dey go school, those that do hate western education and culture, they travel to Arabic countries to study so why are surprised that they are not part of Japa crew?
Wrong.

Hausa/Fulani dey go school. Their elite kids sef dey school abroad; UK, US, Malaysia, Bangladesh, India, Uganda, etc.

The difference is that Southerners with/without sound education generally believe they deserve more. While the average northerner doesn't care as much he's doing fine.

I guess the greatest negatives in this Japa syndrome are that educated northerners will continue to dominate our administrative personnel such as federal ministries and parastatals which are vital to the nation's development and execution of policies. This will also spread to the Political stage, as we can see that the technocrats who have achieved are now moving into politics.

Check this: by the time a southern level 10 doctor or lecturer left for the UK and spent 20 years in the UK, his northern counterpart would have reached the pinnacle of the job here, and be the one to decide the policy to which his department or Ministry will operate, including recruitment and remuneration. And the cycle may continue, leaving southern people with little or no opportunity outside their region.

Don't make mistake, nepotism is everywhere, and that is why recommendation dey.

In a normal situation, a northerner with a degree from the University of Manchester plus a recommendation from a former PS will certainly get the job before a UI graduate with a recommendation from his department's Lecturer I.

2 Likes

Re: Jakpa Syndrome: Hausa’s Not Joining The Bandwagon And The Implications To South by Bwaal(m): 10:11am On Jan 10, 2023
Munamoqel:
But they can serve the southerners
grin

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Help On Direction From Ojuelegba Bus Stop To Eagle Club, Surulere / A Visit To Benin City / Study Permit Visa To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.