Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign (1063 Views)

Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? / Ebimina Tamuno: I Gave Up On Yahoo Yahoo After Pastor Ibiyeomie’s Curses / Man Beats His Fiancee During Church Service After Pastor Exposed Her Wickedness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:51pm On Dec 12, 2022
More Than 18,000 World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pro-Soccer Player-Turned-Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign

Brazil's Gabriel Jesus, right, and Cameroon's Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa, left, fight for the ball during the World Cup group G soccer match between Cameroon and Brazil, at the Lusail Stadium in Lusail, Qatar, Friday, Dec. 2, 2022. (AP Photo/Moises Castillo)
By Billy Hallowell
Editor

December 9, 2022
A former professional soccer player-turned-pastor is on a digital mission to reach World Cup fans with the Gospel.

Jesse Bradley, a preacher at Grace Community Church in Auburn, Washington, told CBN's Faithwire he's seen thousands of soccer fans embrace Christ since launching his effort.

"We're able to create content where we share the Gospel. I share my story, and people are making decisions to follow Jesus," he said. “We’re reaching millions of people. We're seeing over 18,000 already make first-time decisions."

But it's not limited to simply counting decisions made. The effort also has a discipleship element, with Bradley partnering with Global Media Outreach, a company leveraging technology to spread the Gospel, to ensure people are connected to a Christian community.

"They … follow up, and we help those people find a church," he said. "So, it's not just decisions; it's disciples."

Bradley said the stunning results from the campaign are indicative of a "massive hunger across the world now for God, for hope, for faith, for Jesus." He said the interest levels are high.

That's why Bradley and his team are telling his story and using his testimony to bridge interest in soccer and Jesus in unique ways.

Watch him explain the ministry outreach and his testimony:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQNasPb7aI

"We all know there's something much more significant than soccer that we need," he said. "And I discovered it myself later in life, but our souls are content, and we have joy in peace when we discover relationship with [God]."

Bradley’s digital campaign relies on creating content that "leads to conversations and even conversions," delivering these messages to mobile phones, among other personal locations.

The less-than-60-second videos speak about the World Cup before going into Bradley’s story.

He was once a professional soccer goalkeeper who had a tragedy, which creates interest in the viewers. Bradley shared with CBN's Faithwire how he reached his childhood dreams of playing soccer in Scotland and Africa, but a medication he was prescribed to prevent malaria nearly killed him.

"I literally was fighting for my life for a year," he said, noting he faced psychological effects in addition to serious physical ailments. "And in the middle of the pain, God birthed a new purpose and passion."

Bradley entered the ministry and hasn’t looked back.

"Stories are powerful; everyone has a significant story," Bradley said. "You have a powerful story, and when you share it, we learn more about God, we appreciate God, we see how God works … and how He transforms our lives."

He continued, "We really go from the secular to the spiritual and then to the Gospel in Jesus."

As for the massive reaction to the Gospel message, Bradley is deeply encouraged.

"It's so fulfilling," he said. "I've been in ministry now for two decades, and we’ve never seen more fruit than we have in the last two years."

Source

"We're able to create content where we share the Gospel. I share my story, and people are making decisions to follow Jesus," he said. “We’re reaching millions of people. We're seeing over 18,000 already make first-time decisions."

1 Like

Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by Righteousness2(m): 10:00pm On Dec 12, 2022
Awesome!
The Greatest need of the World today is JESUS Christ.
The World is Sinking so Fast and the Only means of Safety is JESUS CHRIST.
There is No other way to be Save

2 Likes

Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:58am On Dec 13, 2022
Not surprising...

God once told me a long time ago, He had a lot of people (souls) in football, and overtime I've come to get a clearer picture of what He meant.

One of them was while watching a live match between Tottenham and Bolton, and then the unthinkable happened, a Bolton player, Fabrice Muamba slumped, and what I saw on that day sent shivers through my spine.

I saw how everyone on the stadium that day forgot about football and who was the opposition, and were united on how to save the life of Fabrice Muamba.

I saw just about everyone in the stadium praying and hoping for the best including the opposition players, some of who were shedding tears.

Me myself, where I was watching the game in a restaurant, was seriously praying for God to have mercy on the player, and I believe so also many across the world watching the same event as it unfolded.

The ref, Howard Web, despite that the stricken player had been taken off the pitch, felt what transpired on the pitch that day was more important than the game itself, so decided to call off the game and led the players, coaches, staff, match officials, back to the dressing room.

It was relieving when news filtered in that the stricken player, Fabrice Muamba had been resuscitated.

On the day when the game was rescheduled, I saw the players of Tottenham all putting on white t-shirts with the inscription at the back, "pray for Muamba".

This was a top flight English club not Nigerian or African, so that some would begin to say they were brain-washed, so who were they all "praying" to exactly but God?

Fabrice Muamba after surviving the incident also said it was God who saved His life. He expressed His gratitude to God and also the medics who were on ground to attend to him.

That in a nutshell me gave me further insight to what God meant when He said, "I have a lot of people in football."

Football is a tool God would use to bring many souls to Christ in these last days.

God bless.

4 Likes

Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47pm On Dec 13, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Not surprising...

God once told me a long time ago, He had a lot of people (souls) in football, and overtime I've come to get a clearer picture of what He meant.

One of them was while watching a live match between Tottenham and Bolton, and then the unthinkable happened, a Bolton player, Fabrice Muamba slumped, and what I saw on that day sent shivers through my spine.

I saw how everyone on the stadium that day forgot about football and who was the opposition, and were united on how to save the life of Fabrice Muamba.

I saw just about everyone in the stadium praying and hoping for the best including the opposition players, some of who were shedding tears.

Me myself, where I was watching the game in a restaurant, was seriously praying for God to have mercy on the player, and I believe so also many across the world watching the same event as it unfolded.

The ref, Howard Web, despite that the stricken player had been taken off the pitch, felt what transpired on the pitch that day was more important than the game itself, so decided to call off the game and led the players, coaches, staff, match officials, back to the dressing room.

It was relieving when news filtered in that the stricken player, Fabrice Muamba had been resuscitated.

On the day when the game was rescheduled, I saw the players of Tottenham all putting on white t-shirts with the inscription at the back, "pray for Muamba".

This was a top flight English club not Nigerian or African, so that some would begin to say they were brain-washed, so who were they all "praying" to exactly but God?

Fabrice Muamba after surviving the incident also said it was God who saved His life. He expressed His gratitude to God and also the medics who were on ground to attend to him.

That in a nutshell me gave me further insight to what God meant when He said, "I have a lot of people in football."

Football is a tool God would use to bring many souls to Christ in these last days.

God bless.

Amen! smiley

1 Like

Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:20pm On Dec 15, 2022
A former pro-soccer player, now a pastor, led more than 18,000 World Cup fans to Jesus Christ through a digital Gospel campaign.

1 Like

Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:37am On Dec 16, 2022
So which of the churches are they going now?

Remember how you've been condemning some churches up and down the forum so how are you sure they embraced your own Jesus if there's contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines among those claiming they have embraced Jesus? smiley
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by Jokerman(m): 8:26am On Dec 16, 2022
Wow... this is awesomeness

1 Like

Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:44pm On Dec 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

So which of the churches are they going now?

Remember how you've been condemning some churches up and down the forum so how are you sure they embraced your own Jesus if there's contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines among those claiming they have embraced Jesus? smiley

This question of yours shows how little you know about the body of Christ. lipsrsealed
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:06am On Dec 19, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

This question of yours shows how little you know about the body of Christ. lipsrsealed

I know you can't answer the simple question i just want you to see how stupid Kumuyi have made you.

The Bible Jesus prayed for his real body (disciples) to have the same line of thought {John 17:22} but you've been condemning many churches here. So how are you sure that the so called Jesus the people in question embraced is the right Jesus?
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:16am On Dec 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I know you can't answer the simple question i just want you to see how stupid Kumuyi have made you.

The Bible Jesus prayed for his real body (disciples) to have the same line of thought {John 17:22} but you've been condemning many churches here. So how are you sure that the so called Jesus the people in question embraced is the right Jesus?

The sheep know the voice of their Shepherd and since you are a stranger to the covenants of promise and an alien to the commonwealth of Israel, the body of Christ will continue to be a mystery to you. undecided

Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:33am On Dec 19, 2022
I here you! cheesy
Catholics and many white garment churches are out there also claiming Christians so all your criticism against those churches shows you lack understanding if the so called members of the body could be found any religion calling themselves "CHRISTIANS"

That's the truth! wink

OLAADEGBU:

The sheep know the voice of their Shepherd and since you are a stranger to the covenants of promise and an alien to the commonwealth of Israel, the body of Christ will continue to be a mystery to you. undecided
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:43am On Dec 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I here you! cheesy
Catholics and many white garment churches are out there also claiming Christians so all your criticism against those churches shows you lack understanding if the so called members of the body could be found any religion calling themselves "CHRISTIANS"

That's the truth! wink

You still don't get it. That is why it is difficult to describe the colour "Red" to the blind. undecided
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:54am On Dec 19, 2022
Anytime Kumuyi tell you the answer to the question let me know! smiley
OLAADEGBU:

You still don't get it. That is why it is difficult to describe the colour "Red" to the blind. undecided
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:07am On Dec 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Anytime Kumuyi tell you the answer to the question let me know! smiley

Ask your so called "anointed" leaders.
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:23am On Dec 19, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Ask your so called "anointed" leaders.

Only Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians that's why we don't jubilate when some people say they've embraced Christ because the same people will still pick up weapons against their neighbours {Mark 12:31} and worse still their fellow believers {John 13:34-35} only JWs know that we must not kill anyone be it friend or foe {Matthew 5:43-48} but as for all others including Kumuyi followers you can kill your church members in Ghana if Buhari and Ghanaian president disagree today.

So those people you're celebrating aren't true Christians yet until they've been taught all that Christ commanded us {Matthew 28:19-20} that is what will make them his disciples {Act 1:8} and the body of Christ that mustn't fight itself! Colossians 3:15 smiley
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:31pm On Dec 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Only Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians that's why we don't jubilate when some people say they've embraced Christ because the same people will still pick up weapons against their neighbours {Mark 12:31} and worse still their fellow believers {John 13:34-35} only JWs know that we must not kill anyone be it friend or foe {Matthew 5:43-48} but as for all others including Kumuyi followers you can kill your church members in Ghana if Buhari and Ghanaian president disagree today.

So those people you're celebrating aren't true Christians yet until they've been taught all that Christ commanded us {Matthew 28:19-20} that is what will make them his disciples {Act 1:8} and the body of Christ that mustn't fight itself! Colossians 3:15 smiley

Are you born again? If not how dare you call yourselves Christians? undecided
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:17pm On Dec 19, 2022
Brainwashed mumu!
What is the meaning of BORN AGAIN?
Are your 18k football watchers BORN AGAIN? cheesy

OLAADEGBU:

Are you born again? If not how dare you call yourselves Christians? undecided
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:57pm On Dec 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Brainwashed mumu!
What is the meaning of BORN AGAIN?
Are your 18k football watchers BORN AGAIN? cheesy

How can you know the meaning of being born again when your NWT has twisted the very WORD that can regenerate you? Since you are adverse to anything coming from Pastor Kumuyi, check out the link below and save yourself from pain.

https://www.nairaland.com/1534996/days-praise-3-divine-human/14#down
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:06pm On Dec 19, 2022
Chai!
Kumuyi don turn this one to complete puppet!

Why can't you explain your beliefs without directing people to links?

https://www.nairaland.com/4087846/true-life-story-ex-deeper-life/1#60973678

You mentioned "BORN AGAIN" and i asked you if your 18k football watchers are now BORN AGAIN so you can tell me how they became BORN AGAIN after explaining what it means! smiley

OLAADEGBU:

How can you know the meaning of being born again when your NWT has twisted the very WORD that can regenerate you? Since you are adverse to anything coming from Pastor Kumuyi, check out the link below and save yourself from pain.

https://www.nairaland.com/1534996/days-praise-3-divine-human/14#down
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:32pm On Dec 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Chai!
Kumuyi don turn this one to complete puppet!

Why can't you explain your beliefs without directing people to links?

https://www.nairaland.com/4087846/true-life-story-ex-deeper-life/1#60973678

You mentioned "BORN AGAIN" and i asked you if your 18k football watchers are now BORN AGAIN so you can tell me how they became BORN AGAIN after explaining what it means! smiley

Nah! I have since learnt that I should never attempt to teach a pig to sing because it not only wastes my time but it also annoys the pig. You are called Mad Max for a reason. cool
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:00pm On Dec 19, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Nah! I have since learnt that I should never attempt to teach a pig to sing because it not only wastes my time but it also annoys the pig. You are called Mad Max for a reason. cool
Naaaaaaaaaaaaa, you're empty upstairs!
As for the tag "MAD" it's not due to my outfit but my faith and the same thing was said about a young first century Jewish carpenter {John 10:20} so it's OK! Matthew 10:25 wink
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by FreedomfromtheT: 3:15pm On Dec 19, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Not surprising...

God bless.
Glory be to God the lover of all souls.

1 Like

Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:29pm On Dec 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaa, you're empty upstairs!
As for the tag "MAD" it's not due to my outfit but my faith and the same thing was said about a young first century Jewish carpenter {John 10:20} so it's OK! Matthew 10:25 wink

True Christians would rejoice at the topic of this thread and for you to be crying foul shows that you are working for a different master.
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:32pm On Dec 19, 2022
That's exactly why i asked you if they are now TRUE Christians since you've been condemning many churches here on Nairaland and you're not even sure if the so called 18k embraced Catholicism which you've always malign on Nairaland! grin

OLAADEGBU:

True Christians would rejoice at the topic of this thread and for you to be crying foul shows that you are working for a different master.
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:39pm On Dec 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

That's exactly why i asked you if they are now TRUE Christians since you've been condemning many churches here on Nairaland and you're not even sure if the so called 18k embraced Catholicism which you've always malign on Nairaland! grin

Once they are born again they are true Christians and we know Jehovah wickedness (JWs) are not born again hence you fail to see the difference between local churches and the Church of Christ.
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:44pm On Dec 19, 2022
OK your brothers here are attending LOCAL CHURCHES while you are attending international shey?
Ọmọ no forget sey oyinbo dey do gay and lesbian marriages o yet they claim they're BORN AGAIN! cheesy

OLAADEGBU:

Once they are born again they are true Christians and we know Jehovah wickedness (JWs) are not born again hence you fail to see the difference between local churches and the Church of Christ.
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:
Glory be to God the lover of all souls.
Amen!
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:29pm On Dec 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

OK your brothers here are attending LOCAL CHURCHES while you are attending international shey?
Ọmọ no forget sey oyinbo dey do gay and lesbian marriages o yet they claim they're BORN AGAIN! cheesy

The scoffers scorn expectedly (2 Peter 3:3-7)
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

The scoffers scorn expectedly (2 Peter 3:3-7)

Come see Kumuyi slave! cheesy

Peter was talking about those who doubt our hope of a brighter future in God's Kingdom, OLAADEGBU is quoting Peter to back up footfall watchers as BORN AGAIN Christians.

Walahi talahi you're empty! cheesy
Re: More Than 18k World Cup Fans Embrace Jesus After Pastor Ignites Gospel Campaign by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Come see Kumuyi slave! cheesy

Peter was talking about those who doubt our hope of a brighter future in God's Kingdom, OLAADEGBU is quoting Peter to back up footfall watchers as BORN AGAIN Christians.

Walahi talahi you're empty! cheesy

See how you wasted my time. undecided

(1) (Reply)

. / Biblical Rapes / Help Me Understand, Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.