Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,476 members, 7,836,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Salary Theorem - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Salary Theorem (1270 Views)

Chinese Liu Lu And Ramsey Theorem - Gboyega Lawson / Funny But True, Is This Ur Experience? Salary Cycle (hilarious Photo) / If This Was Your Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salary Theorem by abes(m): 7:52pm On Jul 06, 2005
Everyone knows that Salary Theorem establishes that Engineers and Scientists can NEVER EVER earn as much money as Businessmen, Politicians and actors easily make.

This theorem can be demonstrated by reducing it to a mathematical equation.

This equation rests on two postulates:

Postulate No 1: Knowledge is Power i.e Knowledge = Power
Postulate No 2: Time is Money i.e Time = Money

Given that:
Power = Work / Time

Therefore we have:
Knowledge = Work / Money

We can easily obtain:
Money = Work / Knowledge

So when Knowledge goes toward zero, Money goes toward infinity, regardless of the value given to Work, even if the value of Work is small.
On the contrary, when Knowledge goes toward infinity, Money goes toward zero, even if the value of Work is high.

The evident conclusion:
The less you work, the more money you surely make.

Final word:
Those of you who have had difficulty following this theory, don't worry because you will surely make a lot of Money!
Re: Salary Theorem by Greatpeter(m): 9:08pm On Jul 06, 2005
This your theorem is hard to follow. I will still study it well sha
Re: Salary Theorem by diakim(m): 4:23pm On Jul 10, 2005
I hope you are not trying to confuse us. I refuse to b confused grin
Re: Salary Theorem by Seun(m): 9:32pm On Jul 10, 2005
Abes, your calculation is quite accurate but your interpretation is wrong, and this is because you're confusing cause and effect.

When we say Power = Work / Time, it does not mean that power reduces as time increases. It simply means that with more power you require less time to get the same amount of work done.

In the same way, when we say Money = Work / Knowledge, it simply means that with more money less knowledge is required to get the same amount of work done.

My interpretation of your result is true in real life. If you want to design a website you could:
- Spend weeks learning HTML, Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, et cetera, or
- Simply give it to a professional web designer and pay him some cash.

So you don't have to know so much if you have money. You can use your cash to hire those that know. That is why I believe the best knowledge a young man can have is knowledge about how to make money without crime. Once you know how to make money, you can use your money to hire people who have knowledge in all the other areas of life!
Re: Salary Theorem by Chizube(f): 11:57am On Jul 11, 2005
angryi am a very busy reader and making this so-called joke long has just put me off. i couldn't even reader past the second line. it is too long. And you call this a joke. don't make me laugh confuscious
Re: Salary Theorem by MrTurkey(m): 2:02am On Nov 24, 2007
this has to be one of the funniest thread in the entire history of nairaland, one of them classics cool
Re: Salary Theorem by abes(m): 1:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
The second and third posters must be very rich by now grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Mu-mu Children / The Miracle Of Toilet Paper / Just For 200 Bucks:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.