Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? (3805 Views)

How Do I Delete My Topic On Nairaland ? / Ways Of Increasing Your Self Esteem. / Why Do Moderators On This Nl Alway Locking Up My Topic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by Seamate(m): 10:38pm On Aug 30, 2011
the views on one of my topics on the religion forum has decreased from over 8,000 views to about 4,000 views lately. what could this mean?
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 30, 2011
lwkmd. ive never heard of such a complaint b4. what i know can decrease is posts and not views
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by tpia5: 11:06pm On Aug 30, 2011
bugs or hacker/s.

it happens every now and then.
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by Seamate(m): 11:15pm On Aug 30, 2011
toba:

lwkmd. ive never heard of such a complaint b4. what i know can decrease is posts and not views

am not mincing words. i was surprised to see it some minutes ago. the page views for that particular topic reduced by half
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by r231(m): 1:06am On Aug 31, 2011
hmmmm undecided undecided
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by Sissy3(f): 8:51am On Aug 31, 2011
got it!
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by Seun(m): 10:01am On Aug 31, 2011
It's my doing. I divided the view count of all threads by two to allow new threads to progress beyond old ones.
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by ifyalways(f): 10:08am On Aug 31, 2011
^Why should you do that without consulting and getting express permission from us . . .The shareholders   cheesy

You'd get Punished for that.

@OP,so like seriously,you took note of your thread[i] views,no of replies et all [/i]?haha
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by xynerise: 10:41am On Aug 31, 2011
Mtchew! I think say Boko harams don reach Nairaland. cheesy
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by xynerise: 10:41am On Aug 31, 2011
Mtchew! I think say Boko harams don reach Nairaland. cheesy
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 31, 2011
ifyalways:

^Why should you do that without consulting and getting express permission from us . . .The shareholders   cheesy

@OP,so like seriously,you took note of your thread[i] views,no of replies et all [/i]?haha

u beat me to this

anywys, sup, long tym
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by whyMMM: 11:01am On Aug 31, 2011
Even my post in NL is decreasing instead of increasing angryangry

from 5419 to 39 embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by saibuhari(m): 11:12am On Aug 31, 2011
@Seun

Why do you want new threads to progress beyond old ones?
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by gidson12(m): 1:46pm On Aug 31, 2011
Seun:

It's my doing. I divided the view count of all threads by two to allow new threads to progress beyond old ones.
does this really sound reasonable
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by jackpot(f): 2:09pm On Aug 31, 2011
^Yes. As for me, I usually look at posts per view. The higher they're, the more interesting the topic is. USE YOUR HEAD!

For example, if you see a topic with 1000 views and 3 replies, what does that tell you?
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by kosoro: 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2011
Seun:

[size=20pt] On what standard did you base your action? I also experienced the same thing with my topic: view count fell from ~ 10000 to ~5000. I have never heard or seen that done anywhere. Imagine youtube, facebook, etc. doing the same. I think you should reverse that action immediately with apologies. That action is capable of eroding the integrity of this forum, causing unnecessary confusion, and also alienating some users. Interesting topics will always sell themselves. [/size]
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by Blackteeth(m): 3:20pm On Aug 31, 2011
If that is the case, does it mean this thread actually has 962 views? (current no. of views X 2)
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by atasteve: 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2011
Seun, I know that you meant well but in real life things like what you did was what made some leaders to commit corporate genocides and unspeakable crimes against humanity!

I am not condemning you in anyway because you are doing what most of Nigerians have never attempted to do.

You have been a light bearer in our generation BUT please take note my brother and let things take their natural course.
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by Seun(m): 4:10pm On Aug 31, 2011
I plan to do this just once a year.

The view count of a thread will therefore approximate the popularity of a thread in the last two years.

Old threads not currently drawing any views will gradually fall to the bottom.
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by mrofficial(m): 4:27pm On Aug 31, 2011
@seun, the same way you changed my display name from 'official' to 'mr official' without my consent. And giving me flimsy reason.
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by Seun(m): 4:49pm On Aug 31, 2011
It's not a big deal. The top thread before remains the top thread now. Relative counts are still the same.
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 31, 2011
seriously seun u are the forum owner but u need to be apprehensive at times else it would be seen as u doing the bossy thing or infringing on our right. theres a post of mine u edited without my consent and u erred seriously. in the European football section, u edited my post on Lionel messi winning the uefa player of the year and u posted another source in the op, wheres my post was culled from a different site. when i first saw the modification, i thought my password was hacked before, i used a device to discover that u were behind the modification. i have never seen such a thing before embarassed sad
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by Seun(m): 5:24pm On Aug 31, 2011
I'm sorry about that. I like to clean up home page threads, for the greater good. It's better than locking.
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by serubawon(m): 5:30pm On Aug 31, 2011
@Seun. I didn't know our posts or threads could be modified without our consent. I can understand wayward posters being put in check to keep the integrity of the site (which is in high esteem as far as I'm concerned), but what actually is the criteria for modification and why can't the thread originators be notified of any actions being done on their posts/threads. I haven't noticed anything of the sort on my thread, but you never know when it might happen. Just wanted to be more educated on the issue.

Above issue aside, nairaland is[b] IT!!![/b]
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 31, 2011
no problem. may be one in a while u can provide a platform for forum members to air their opinions regarding intended changes or changes already noticed. i know its not easy for u to be every where but at least the ones u can attend to or delegate to mukina2 who is also doing a very very good job in attending to issues on the forum. cheers
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by occam(m): 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2011
Seun:

I plan to do this just once a year.

The view count of a thread will therefore approximate the popularity of a thread in the last two years.

Old threads not currently drawing any views will gradually fall to the bottom.

In that case, why don't you track "Unique Visits" to each tread to measure popularity. Unique visits tells you how many people viewed the thread not how many times it was viewed. Its a more accurate measurement of popularity than simply dividing number of views by 2. How?

For instance, if one users views a thread 40 times it only counts as 1 unique Visit. So you can quickly see the threads that more people or users viewed. "Replies" then gives you a sense of how many times people/users make comments.
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by SisiKill1: 6:50pm On Aug 31, 2011
atasteve:

Seun, I know that you meant well but in real life things like what you did was what made some leaders to commit corporate genocides and unspeakable crimes against humanity!

I am not condemning you in anyway because you are doing what most of Nigerians have never attempted to do.

You have been a light bearer in our generation BUT please take note my brother and let things take their natural course.

Really?

Geno. . .I mean really?!!

LMFAO! Osirisiri!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by osifred(m): 8:01pm On Aug 31, 2011
ifyalways:

ifyalways:

u dont know that the most important thread in nairaland is the one uploaded by the poster to him
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by mrofficial(m): 9:47pm On Aug 31, 2011
Out of every poster here, someone is an e-diot!
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 31, 2011
Caramba!
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by Fayimora(m): 12:24am On Sep 01, 2011
Hmmmmmm
Re: Why Are My Topic's Views Decreasing Instead Of Increasing? by isalegan2: 1:00am On Sep 01, 2011
Yeah, noticed the view count on another thread went from 29k to 14500. 

Seun:

:::Shrug:::

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bus Route 4rm Unilag 2 Ikeja Mall. / How To Change People's Perception Of You. / The Poor Village Hunter 2 (regina Daniels) – Latest Nigerian Nollywood Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.