Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Strengthening God's Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Strengthening God's Church (524 Views)

Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent / Reigning Queen Esther At Chris Okotie's Household Of God Church / Assembly Of God Church Blasts Nollywood Stars Who Endorse Coca Cola (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Strengthening God's Church by yommyuk: 4:50am On Aug 31, 2011
The church seems to grow weaker each year. False doctrine, apathy, and a lack of discipline work together to diminish the local congregation’s influence in the community and the world. Paul reveals three simple ways to strengthen the church.

BE ALERT TO FALSE DOCTRINE
There is no more effective church-killer than wrong spiritual beliefs. We are living in a cesspool of immorality and iniquity, but some so called men of God mix a bit of truth with falsehood. Believers not firmly planted in God’s Word are susceptible to those lies. Standing firm requires that pure Scripture must be preached from the pulpit and studied by individual parishioners.

That is why before we study the Word of God, it is good practice to pray John 17:17 into our spirit:
“Make them Holy by your truth, teach them your word, which is truth.” – AMEN!

APPRECIATE GOD’S SERVANTS
Too often church members criticize their leaders more than encourage them. Certainly ministers and others in authority can make mistakes or fall into sin—they are human. But these Christians have devoted themselves to ensuring that people hear and understand Scripture.
The congregation is responsible to show support and love; those who know the Lord most deeply will appreciate the pastor. God will not reveal Himself to those who can’t be bothered with caring for His chosen servant. Like Epaphras in Colossians 4:12, pray for these men of God that the Lord God will make them strong and prefect in all they do by confidently following the will of God in every circumstance and situation – (Amen)

ACCEPT ONE ANOTHER.
Since we are a fellowship of believers, we are to develop a spirit of oneness. Everyone is acceptable. This truth is based not on performance, but on the fact that each of us is God’s child with a unique role in this life.

The church’s great potential lies in its members. Begin today to practice these strength-building exercises. Some churches have become a “come and go” surgery when sense of belonging may be farfetched. Therefore let us mediate on the scriptures below and start applying them in our relationships within the body of Christ.

Psalms 139:4
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

John 6:37
All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away

John 1:12
“But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name.”

Romans 15:7
“Therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God.”

1 Samuel 16:7
“For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.’

Luke 2:9-10
“And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear. And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.”

Ephesians 1:3-6
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.”

God bless wink

(1) (Reply)

Women Programme / Does The Qur’an Replace The Bible? / Idolization Of Nigerian Pastors, Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.