Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Bunyamin’s Sixteen Lies Against Me And Why He Is Not Fit As Ana Osun Chairman - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bunyamin’s Sixteen Lies Against Me And Why He Is Not Fit As Ana Osun Chairman (405 Views)

Sweet Sixteen JAMB 2018 / Lies From Pretty Lips / Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bunyamin’s Sixteen Lies Against Me And Why He Is Not Fit As Ana Osun Chairman by synw: 5:17am On Dec 17, 2022
BUNYAMIN’S SIXTEEN LIES AGAINST ME AND WHY HE IS NOT FIT AS ANA OSUN CHAIRMAN– WOLE ADEDOYIN

EXHIBIT 1: BUNYAMIN’S SECOND SECRETARY’S RESIGNATION LETTER CHRONICLING HIS BAD LEADERSHIP SKILLS
EXHIBIT 2: BUNYAMIN’S ALLEGATION AGAINST OSOGBO BOOK CLUB AND CONFRONTATION WITH HIS EXECUTIVE MEMBERS
EXHIBIT 3: VIDEOS OF ANA OSUN STATE ELECTION HELD LAST YEAR (WILL BE PROVIDED UPON REQUEST)
EXHIBIT 4: ONE AUDIO CLIP WHERE BUNYAMIN ACCEPTED HE HAS FAILED AS ANA OSUN CHAIRMAN (WILL BE PROVIDED UPON REQUEST)
EXHIBIT 5: ANA OSUN EXCO LIST PUBLISHED IN ANA MAGAZINE
EXHIBIT 6: ANA OSUN 2021 NOVEMBER READING – ORGANIZED BY ME
EXHIBIT 7: ANA OSUN 2022 NOVEMBER READING – ORGANIZED BY MR. BEWAJI LED EXCOS
EXHIBIT 8: YUSUF ALI CREATIVE WRITING WORKSHOP

FIRST LIE: HE SAID I ASKED FOR HIS SIGNATURE AND FULL NAME:
This is a cheap lie. He said I asked for his signature and full name but he didn’t mention what I wanted to use his signature and full names for. I challenge Bunyamin to show evidence via recorded medium or other means where I asked for such. What do I need Bunyamin’s signature for? Nothing. He did not even say why I requested for such. Bunyamin is a failure. He was just cooking up lies to nail me. I did not ask for such.
SECOND LIE: HE SAID I SAID I WOULD REMOVE HIM AS CHAIRMAN:
I never uttered these words to him in my life. I am just hearing this now. Bunyamin must show evidence to prove himself like I did with different exhibits. It’s a lie.
THIRD LIE: HE ALSO LIED THAT I WENT AHEAD TO FORM ANOTHER EXCO
I never did such a thing. I remembered that during ANA OSUN Election which he said brought him in as ANA Osun Chairman, Bunyamin brought Secondary School Certificate Leavers (students of his tutorial centre)and Undergraduates from University of Osun (100 and 200 level students) to come and vote in that election. As a representative from the national, I stopped it because many of them are not authors (Please see EXHIBIT 3). They did not have published works and many of them stayed in campuses. I called Bunyamin’s attention to the fact that those students were not eligible to vote considering the intellectual status of ANA. This was why the whole election resulted in consensus. I knew this action provoked Bunyamin. He thought I wanted to put some members of Osogbo Book Club who are published authors and graduates. Like I told him that ANA Osun can’t be parading secondary school leavers and undergraduates as ANA OSUN STATE EXECUTIVES. And I was glad that day that one of them openly said he was not an author (Please see EXHIBIT 3). At the end of the election exercise, myself and Bunyamin agreed to form a consensus team thereby nullifying the election process earlier held.
And Bunyamin should also remember that he once organized a shabby election which ANA President, Mr. Camillus Ukah nullified because I was not informed and invited as a representative of the National body. Which means that two elections were held which were nullified before agreeing on a consensus process?
RESIGNATION OF THE FIRST ANA OSUN SECRETARY – MR. SEGUN SOLOMON
It was because of Bunyamin’s bad leadership skills and corrupt practices that made Mr. Segun Solomon, the first Secretary under Bunyamin as Chairman, resign. Bunyamin did not say this in his reply to the petition written against him. Mr. Segun Solomon left a week after the election. We shouldn’t forget that same Mr. Solomon was the Secretary when the Caretaker Committee was formed.
RESIGNATION OF THE SECOND ANA OSUN SECRETARY – MR. TIMILEHIN GABRIEL OLAJUWON – EXHIBIT 1
When Mr. Segun Solomon resigned as Secretary, Bunyamin urged me not to send the list yet to the national because all the positions were not filled. When Mr. Solomon left we waited for like two months before Mr. Timilehin Gabriel Olajuwon was appointed for that position. It was me who talked to Mr. Timilehin to take the appointment. While Mr. Timilehin was appointed as Secretary, his friend also was appointed as Assistant Secretary (out of election proper). I felt sad when I read the response of Bunyamin, removing truths from his ill conceived response. It was Mr. Timilehin who accompanied Bunyamin to the Council of ANA Chairmen and Secretaries meeting held in March of this year where they were given a cheque of N107, 000 for this year YUSUF ALI ANA GRANT. A week after the Ilorin meeting, an EXCO meeting was held in Osogbo. Two days after the EXCO Meeting, Timilehin Gabriel tendered his resignation letter (See Exhibit 1) quoting bad leadership under the chairmanship of Bunyamin (Please read Exhibit 1).
FORMING A NEW TEAM (EXHIBIT 5)
When Mr. Timilehin left, his friend who was also the assistant secretary also left with him. Only four people remain in the EXCO. Bunyamin approached me to assist him in forming a full exco who are serious and published authors. That was how we collaboratively came up with the new EXCO List (EXHIBIT 5). It was listed in EXHIBIT 5 with the approval of Bunyamin I forwarded to Abuja for publication. I wondered how he now moves about accusing me of singlehandedly forming the team. It was between the two of us.
BUNYAMIN IS NOT AN AUTHOR
Lots of people till date do not know that Bunyamin is not an author. I personally kept this away from people. All I wanted then was to have a functioning and active ANA Osun. Without even knowing that he would eventually kill the same ANA Osun. In 2017 or thereabout, Bunyamin was appointed the Chairman of Osun State Young Writers Mentorship Scheme. It was Teen Authorship Scheme under Prof. Remi Raji, but Mallam Denja Abdulahi changed it to the Young Writers Mentorship Scheme. I was appointed national Secretary for both then. I inaugurated the Osun State Chapter of the Scheme during the leadership of Mr. Muriola Awosemo. Two years after inaugurating the scheme, not a single report, minutes of meetings came from Bunyamin who was then the Chairman of the Teen Authorship Committee. Bunyamin killed the Young Writers Mentorship Scheme in Osun till date. In summary, Bunyamin is not an author.
ENGR. TALIAT KOLA OLADIPO IS ALSO NOT AN AUTHOR
One thing I noticed earlier about Bunyamin apart from bringing secondary school certificate leavers and undergraduates for ANA elections, he also dragged lots of his friends who are not writers into ANA Executive. For example, Engr. Taliat Kola Oladipo. Mr. Taliat is not a writer. When we were arranging names, Bunyamin told me to put Mr. Taliat to the position of Vice Chairman which I rejected. Like I told him, since Bunyamin himself is not an author, it won’t be polite if we appoint a vice chairman who is also not an author. That is why I told him to use Mr. Bewaji, the current Acting Chairman who is a graduate of English, currently doing his Masters in OAU. He has published in different academic journals and is also an anthologized author. Bunyamin that day told me I raised a very good point.
LIES ABOUT ANA FACTIONS IN OSUN
THE PRO MAIWADA FACTION
This faction is led by Mr. Abiodun Oloyede and Mr. Muriola Awosemo. They are anti Camillus group. It was because of my staunch support for the current ANA President, Mr. Camillus Ukah I was dismissed from their group. Only me was publicly expelled from the chapter.
Till date, this faction holds their monthly readings under the same banner of ANA. They meet every month while Bunyamin, who belongs to the authentic ANA failed to organize monthly readings for one and half years.
It’s a cheap lie that Bunyamin is trying to pacify their faction. How can they associate with Bunyamin when they know is not a published writer and a newcomer in ANA Osun. Bunyamin has no literary structure in Osun State
FOR ONE AND HALF YEARS, BEN FAILED TO ORGANIZE A SINGLE READING
For one and half years Bunyamin failed to organize a single reading. I challenge him to publish any notice of monthly reading called by him. Photographs and videos of such reading should be sent to this platform.
MY INVOLVEMENT IN RESCUING ANA FROM DESTRUCTION
For over one and half years I was not invited for a single meeting/reading by my local chapter (ANA Osun). How can I say I belong to a local chapter without attending a single reading for over one year? As a national officer I should be attending my chapter’s monthly readings and paying my financial dues. When there are no readings, what should I do? Be sitting down and looking? Not at all.
COMPLAINTS OF ANA OSUN STATE EXCOS AND MEMBERS
There were numerous complaints of ANA Osun idleness on the part of Bunyamin (See EXHIBIT 2). Many of the EXCO told me they would go and join the pro Maiwada’s faction if nothing was done to salvage the situation. Some had already joined. That was when I summoned the Vice Chairman, Mr. Bewaji to call an emergency meeting which consisted of all ANA Osun members (Congress). The notice of the meeting was public. It was at that congress meeting that Bunyamin was removed and Mr. Bewaji became ANA Osun Acting Chairman. Since then, we’ve been having monthly readings and new members are joining. Earlier before the Congress removed Bunyamin (there was a minute and attendance of members to that effect). Petition was raised during the General Congress Meeting of ANA at the National and a petition also written to that effect.
The only reading ANA Osun held last year (November) (see EXHIBIT 6) https://anaosun..com/2021/11/images-from-ana-osun-november-reading.html?m=1 was organized by me. While the only reading organized this year (Also November) (See EXHIBIT 7) https://anaosun..com/2022/11/images-from-ana-osun-november-reading.html was last month organized by Mr. Bewaji led leadership of ANA Osun. I am using this opportunity to challenge Bunyamin to provide the link or evidence of readings held by him either last year or this year.
BUNYAMIN’S COMPLAINT ABOUT OSOGBO BOOK CLUB – EXHIBIT 2
Before Bunyamin led ANA Leadership there was Osogbo Book Club. Osogbo Book Club played a prominent role in the emergence of Bunyamin as ANA Osun Caretaker Chairman and his emergence later as Chairman. There is no way the history of this new ANA Osun leadership will be written without mentioning Osogbo Book Club. It was me who introduced Bunyamin to ANA President, Mr. Camillus Ukah. Back then, Bunyamin was not a regular member of ANA Osun. He only attended three ANA readings in his life when Mr. Muriola Awosemo was Chairman. His office was one of Osogbo Book Club’s reading venues. It was during one of Osogbo Book Club’s readings that I discussed ANA Osun issue with him and he said he was interested. I knew he was not even a writer then, but the struggle of reestablishing ANA Osun was my major concern.
After Bunyamin was made ANA Osun Chairman. I stopped Osogbo Book Club immediately. I explained this to ANA President, Mr. Camillus Ukah. I stopped the activities of Osogbo Book Club for over six month for ANA to pick. To our utmost surprise, for those six months that OBC was in suspension, Bunyamin did not organize a single reading. In 2021, Osogbo Book Club held seven readings which featured over 15 writers from Osun state. While in 2022, Osogbo Book Club held 3 readings which featured 6 writers. OBC started organizing her monthly readings back when Bunyamin failed to listen to us concerning ANA Osun monthly readings.
LIES ABOUT YUSUF ALI GRANT – EXHIBIT 8
From a reliable source, Bunyamin has spent time with Yusuf Ali Grant. The programme he is putting up now is just a charade. He was given the money since March, why is that it’s now he is putting up a shabby programme. Copying the one done by Bewaji Led ANA Osun EXCO which Mallam Yusuf Ali (SAN) republished on his facebook timeline (See EXHIBIT cool https://www.facebook.com/100063518928479/posts/pfbid025uzepwj5z5zVVvHoLpuzWFKZ8oL49XUzZz9jFDYiGdgmYioRTPyJWxbt3bRoPRinl/?app=fbl, https://www.nairaland.com/7372289/ana-osun-holds-yusuf-ali.
LIES ABOUT WHATSAPP GROUP
I can’t remove Bunyamin if he does not constitute nuisance to the entire platform. Before the crisis, we were all one. But later some of us on the platform suspected that Bunyamin was adding unknown faces who were not members of ANA Osun. They are not even writers not to talk of ANA Osun friends. This unknown faces constituted nuisance and disturbing the unity and peace of the platform we were once enjoying. They started throwing junks and writing all sorts of things on the platform. Like sharing political news, irrelevant items etc. I had to call Bunyamin’s attention to the incident but instead of him to take action, he was never bordered. Since nobody has volunteered to come forward and sanitized the whatsapp group. I took it over myself.
Then later, Bunyamin started removing those who were not aligning with him. Not only on ANA Platforms but other whatsapp platform in which Bunyamin was an admin. This was what I saw that quickly made me to remove him as an Admin of the ANA Osun Chatroom. Bunyamin had also removed me and other ANA Osun members on other whatsapp groups too.
I was surprised when I saw that he eventually went ahead to create a new whatsapp group which he called ANA Osun Chatroom 2. The links of the new group was shared into the old whatsapp group with the expectation that lots of ANA Osun members on ANA Osun Chatroom would join his new group by clicking on the link thereby causing division and disunity among our members. I took a bold step by quickly removing him from the platform. Lots of ANA Osun members on the platform can testify to this. For peace and orderliness to reign on that platform, we had to remove him from the platform.
WHY I SHOULD PROTECT ANA OSUN
It was me who brought Bunyamin and introduced him to ANA President, Mr. Camillus Ukah. I recommended him for the Caretaker Committee. He later turned his back against me and started weaving lies. I can’t just sit down and watch him destroying the legacy of certain individuals. If I siddon dey look, seeing him destroying ANA Osun, then I did not do well to ANA. I suspended Osogbo Book Club activities for six solid months for ANA Osun to thrive but Bunyamin was killing our efforts. ANA made some of us who we are today in literary field through the support of people like Dr. Wale Okediran, Denja Abdulahi, Prof. Remi Raji etc.
Bunyamin is not an author. He was just fortunate to reap where he did not sow. Bunyamin has begged me so many times to cover his secret (See EXHIBIT 4).
MY POSITION
ANA Osun has suffered so much in the hands of Bunyamin. 90% of ANA Osun members are currently not with him. For one and half years, he failed to organize a single reading and also fail to account for the Yusuf Ali Grant. Since he also alleged that the list which the two of us sat down to prepare was tampered with, I will suggest such EXCO should be dissolved. And the fact that he is not up to the task.
Re: Bunyamin’s Sixteen Lies Against Me And Why He Is Not Fit As Ana Osun Chairman by beseka5543: 10:42am On May 19, 2023
Gug

(1) (Reply)

150 Years From Now / Story: Defiled Vessel [episode 2] / Interesting Writer Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.