Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense (23262 Views)

Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense / Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN / Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Kaysalas(m): 8:56am On Dec 17, 2022
adefitim:
Just imagine how they would have brag if Na them top this list!
Some if dem still dey try discredit the information grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by aspher: 8:57am On Dec 17, 2022
Bonaventura:
Without any sense of prejudice, I can categorically tell you that the Edo remittances come from the practitioners of the oldest trade in the world.

It comes from the sisters in Italy, Spain, United States and all over the world 'hustling' with their kpekus

This simply means you're not informed. There's a way to source the information you need update on, but you rather show your ignorance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 17, 2022
BanyXchi:
Continue to deceive yourself. Drug money are laundered Everytime. We've heard and seen several ibos who came back to their villages to build mansions with their drug money. One was even killed in one Asian country and was brought back to be buried in a lavish burial that was celebrated everywhere. Have you forgotten? How can you claim to work in the financial world and you don't know that drug money are always laundered..

Funny how you people accuse Yorubas of being tribalistic whenever they reply your hateful rhetorics. The projection is crazy. Everyone knows the ibos are the most tribalistic in the country.

Bros the crux of the argument is remittances. This is beyond the scope of Money Laundering. When I say you Yoruba tribalists are not smart at all. You cannot use financial system to lander money it is definitely outside the system. The drug men that are igbos that launder money represent a small number of people who launder money in Nigeria. We know the bulk of those who launder money are Politicians and we know after Northern politicians and civil servants, the Yoruba politicians also top the list.
So please try and stop all these propaganda games you cannot win this.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Bonaventura(m): 8:58am On Dec 17, 2022
aspher:

This simply means you're not informed. There's a way to source the information you need update on, but you rather show your ignorance.

Calm down. Life is not that hard
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Flier: 9:00am On Dec 17, 2022
inoki247:
lol so Edo people even send money bak home pass our online chestbeater brothers....
Those chestbeaters are stingy as Fuxxxck

6 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Tradepunter2: 9:01am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
Most Southeast guys don't send money directly to their parents or relatives in Nigeria, they sell the hard currencies to their Igbo friends and relatives into importation and they use it to pay for goods abroad instead of sending directly, so most Igbo Diaspora remittances return back to Nigeria as goods...while the importers send naira to their relatives. This is one major reason FOREX outflow restriction by CBN under Buhari govt. didn't affect Igbo importers and other Nigerian importers who know how to connect to Igbos abroad.

Lastly, a lot of Igbo guys abroad are dissatisfied with Nigeria's current situation under APC/Buhari and many have stopped investing back home, another reason for low remittance from Igbos abroad.

The whole world know that Igbos make up the highest population of Nigerians living abroad, even in strange countries you have never heard before except maybe online lol, you too know this.

As a none Igbo I know this first hand because I worked for a clearing house and can authoritatively say 80% of names of business and owners I came across are Igbos.....

Well ignorant diseased people will always be who they are

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by franchasng: 9:02am On Dec 17, 2022
Lazyreporta:

Igbos are not more than Yorubas outside with facts. Canada, UK and USA has by far more Yoruba. In USA alone they are 50k more than Igbos. So stop lying. As for reittance, it's just common sense to know the west will have more
Ema bi nu sir grin
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Lazyreporta(m): 9:03am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
UK yes, US a big NO!

UK is the only country in the world that Yorubas make up the highest population of Diaspora Nigerians.

You're saying rubbish.. Yorubas in USA alone are far more than Igbos with more than 50k. It's on usa data. You're saying it's a lie while usa is saying there 50k more Yorubas.. Na WA o. That's enough to cover the whole countries you mention assuming it's true igbo are more there. Cos Yorubas will will be there too. No way will Igbos be more outside. Except we are talking about prisons in Asia Sha

Italy is Edo people.

China, Vietnam, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, South Africa, Bangladesh, Turkey, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, etc na Igbo dominate, you know this grin
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by BigCowHornn: 9:05am On Dec 17, 2022
Kaysalas:

It adds to the improvement of the nation

And more money for the elite to go to London and Duhai
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Lazyreporta(m): 9:07am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
Dubai yes but I cant say Igbos dominate there dont have that info.

UK Yorubas dominate.

Canada and US, no enough data to support who dominates, but should be between Igbos and Yorubas.

But outside these countries Igbos dominate in all other commercial countries of the world like China, Turkey, Vietnam, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, South Africa, etc, you know this

What are you saying? According to USA there are 50k more Yorubas.. No matter what country you listed, that number is too high for Igbos to be more outside. Except we are talking about Asian prisons

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Alusiizizi(m): 9:17am On Dec 17, 2022
EcoBrick:
https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1603631547810254848?t=Hk_H6ZM4EXok_aTdaTKHhg&s=19

Isn't it so pathetic that Diaspora remittance is being counted among sources of Forex.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by sagitariusbaby(m): 9:20am On Dec 17, 2022
olahero:
International Ashawo remittance plenty grin
at least your people dey different cheap brotels for here dey sell their body cheaply and bring shame to their families instead of Fortune. Anything worth doing is worth doing well. Mumuu

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by traihit: 9:24am On Dec 17, 2022
BanyXchi:
omg why are you ibos so delusi0nal? I notice that many of your people even the learned ones that should know better always push fantasical takes.... Let me tell you something clear. Just because you people are known to commit crimes more than Yorubas doesn't mean you travel more than Yorubas. No ethnic group in the whole of Africa travels as much as Omoluabis. I've been to countries you probably never have heard before and I've seen a lot of Omoluabis there. I've been privileged to travel to a lot of countries around the world. From the rich and exotic ones to the poor ones, I'm so surprised to see a lot of my people there..... Also I want you to understand Yorubas are more than any ethnic group in the Western world and that's where our remittance comes from majorly.... All those importer dollars nonsense only lives in your fantasies. Omo you people are delusional... You think a lot of Yorubas are also not angry with the APC government?? Lol

They sometimes think it's because of APC. I've been fighting APC tooth and nail on this forum but that doesn't mean that Southeasterners are not troubled by "I better pass you" syndrome.

They like reveling in being better than other people and any indices that suggests otherwise, they'd fight tooth and nail.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Izongdave(m): 9:27am On Dec 17, 2022
So all the northerners abroad just go there to enjoy our looted funds?
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Advocate500: 9:27am On Dec 17, 2022
Surprised anambra is not mentioned,are they using non conventional means in sending their own money to Nigeria?
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by DanielPop(m): 9:30am On Dec 17, 2022
At least they remember home and contribute to human development. Since you came to this world, what have you contributed to mankind?
Bonaventura:
Without any sense of prejudice, I can categorically tell you that the Edo remittances come from the practitioners of the oldest trade in the world.

It comes from the sisters in Italy, Spain, United States and all over the world 'hustling' with their kpekus

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Kaysalas(m): 9:31am On Dec 17, 2022
BigCowHornn:

And more money for the elite to go to London and Duhai
That one is complicated
grin
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by sagitariusbaby(m): 9:34am On Dec 17, 2022
happney65:

Unfortunately it is very very true
Shut that trap. There are even more Edo men outside than our hard working beautiful women. In the last two years over ten of my cousins have left Nigeria for Europe, Canada and US including three of my brothers. You haters should not go and hussle, stay there and be capping trash. Edo people generally like travelling more than other states in Nigeria and there is no household without a rep abroad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by sagitariusbaby(m): 9:38am On Dec 17, 2022
BigCowHornn:

Nobody... I repeat nobody can compete with Edo state ever!
The number of Edo girls wey dey open leg for Italy alone go make you fear. They stay there a year, come back and take their sister and friend. Na so them dey do am.

Trust me, being mostly illegal immigrants and shrew money girls they don't save in bank accounts that can be taxed but find ways to send the raw Euros back here. 50% of them end up becoming landladies of massive houses in Benin city or the enviros. Go and see for yourself or ask. Na edo boys dey run them and do their own homo-ashawo things.

same way as your mama dey open leg for visitors. You guys are so immature here and it's irritating engaging your shallow brains. Fact is, there are more Edo men abroad than our women, travel and get enlightened

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by mazinaija: 9:40am On Dec 17, 2022
EstateVerify:
I dont believe this list, no tribe travel reach South East.

This is Apc propaganda

How about the Notherners in Singapore
Most people from South east don't send cash directly, rather they prefer shipping in goods(eg laptop,cars,phones etc) to relatives to sale.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Banbanna(m): 9:43am On Dec 17, 2022
Jack500:

This is a lie, yorubas in US and UK greatly outnumber igbos.

Their is an evidence and stop relying on hearsay

Which one be lie here? Why are u trying to create one? The matter is about Nigerians abroad who brings the most forex back home. If na the population contest go make you happy, omo you win.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by EndsarsReloaded: 9:44am On Dec 17, 2022
tolue42:

Always using lies to rescue lies.. continue. Facts don't lie.

So the whole Igbos in different countries abroad held a meeting that they should all stop sending money home, but only through goods??

So most APC policies don't affect Yoruba as well

We travel pass una...we can lay hands on this report. Please give us your own to back yourself up

When people are extremely ethnocentric, common sense tend to take flight.

First question, did you see Anambra in that list? No! Yet how many states in Nigeria travel more than them? Is there any state in Nigeria that do business more than them? Also, is there any region that is more business inclined than SE?

I have a sister and a brother in the United States but they have NEVER sent dollars to Nigeria, not even once! Only my aunt in US who traveled many years ago do send dollars using SendWave. My sister and brother both maintain their Nigerian bank accounts which they use to send naira. She supplies all manner of consumer goods like cloths, shoes, food stuff, electronics etc to Nigeria and they sell and remit the money to her local bank account. Likewise, my brother supplies vehicle engines and other used/knocked down car parts to Ladipo. Everyone knows that Yorubas are never as business inclined as Igbos and that's a fact! So, I just gave you an example using my siblings.

That list is based on remmittances that entered Nigeria through trackable channels and it's mostly going to Yahoo scammers. Look at that list again and you will understand why states like Edo, Imo, Oyo, Delta and Ekiti topped it. These states have the highest number of Yahoo boys per square killometer!

Did you watch the video that went viral last week where a huge Igbo Anglican Cathedral in New Jersey protested against a White gay Bishop? Are you aware you must have the numbers before you can even think of building your own native church in a far away land?

Only an ignorant mind will believe that Yorubas travel more than Igbos.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Abagworo(m): 9:45am On Dec 17, 2022
RockHard:

Right. All this epistles simply because your SE region didn't feature prominently on the list. If it did, you would've put a different spin to it. It's ok.

We all featured prominently in the list but it's not a good omen. The higher your rank the more tendency of a failed local economy. Edo for example is turning to a pandemic while Oyo and Imo are deteriorating.
Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by useni1: 9:53am On Dec 17, 2022
Delta people na to dey make mouth lie full everywhere say them send money go home but them no send anything. Benin got a very strong family bond that's why things are working well for them. Edo state is the biggest construction site in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Kaysalas(m): 9:54am On Dec 17, 2022
RockHard:

Abeg getat with your okoto yarns. Any stat wey deflate Una fragile egos, Una go begin huff and puff. First of all, go and brush your teeth before talking to me this morning. Your mouth dey smell.
he is a very "shallow brained" individual. It took me a great deal of effort to avoid his posts.very empty and devoid of basic Sense. Na u I hail bros. You get time

6 Likes

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Amayabor1: 9:55am On Dec 17, 2022
Bonaventura:

What of your brothers that remit money gotten from selling/transporting cocaine? grin

Many are in jails in Malaysia, India, Cambodia, Nepal etc. Some have been killed by firing squad while some others are awaiting the death penalty.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Ellasure: 9:57am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:
Most Southeast guys don't send money directly to their parents or relatives in Nigeria, they sell the hard currencies to their Igbo friends and relatives into importation and they use it to pay for goods abroad instead of sending directly, so most Igbo Diaspora remittances return back to Nigeria as goods...while the importers send naira to their relatives. This is one major reason FOREX outflow restriction by CBN under Buhari govt. didn't affect Igbo importers and other Nigerian importers who know how to connect to Igbos abroad.

Lastly, a lot of Igbo guys abroad are dissatisfied with Nigeria's current situation under APC/Buhari and many have stopped investing back home, another reason for low remittance from Igbos abroad.

The whole world know that Igbos make up the highest population of Nigerians living abroad, even in strange countries you have never heard before except maybe online lol, you too know this.

You type like to deceive themselves into thinking that they can reason out of common sensical naratives. This you do with little success, very little success that fixle out in a short time frame.

Igbo abroad are of what grade in terms of personality and social standing in the communities they stay with. Of what abilities do they have to incorporate themselves into the economic activities in the communities.

Yorubas are into these communities as teachers in schools, pastors of churches, technical support staff as engineering, accountant, doctors. Yoruba babalawo are abroad practicing and making money for themselves and their parents back home. It is also true that average Yoruba personality has greater attachment to family values and beliefs rooted in deep community traditional practices.

What I am saying is that the Yoruba abroad are doing whatever the Igbo person are doing but they are surely doing more. Spheres of life covered by the Yoruba people are far more than the Igbo people can currently comprehend and compete. This is true inside Nigeria too.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by franchasng: 10:02am On Dec 17, 2022
Ellasure:

You type like to deceive themselves into thinking that they can reason out of common sensical naratives. This you do with little success, very little success that fixle out in a short time frame.

Igbo abroad are of what grade in terms of personality and social standing in the communities they stay with. Of what abilities do they have to incorporate themselves into the economic activities in the communities.

Yorubas are into these communities as teachers in schools, pastors of churches, technical support staff as engineering, accountant, doctors. Yoruba babalawo are abroad practicing and making money for themselves and their parents back home. It is also true that average Yoruba personality has greater attachment to family values and beliefs rooted in deep community traditional practices.

What I am saying is that the Yoruba abroad are doing whatever the Igbo person are doing but they are surely doing more. Spheres of life covered by the Yoruba people are far more than the Igbo people can currently comprehend and compete. This is true inside Nigeria too.

Ema bi nu sir, you are very correct sir, even when Bola Tinubu was in USA, he and his cousins Agbele were working with the Whitehouse then as Accountants, even Hushpuppi too was working with UAE Royal Family in Dubai, ejoor sir, my initial comment was a typo, I am just realizing my mistake as an IPOB Terrorist sir shocked cheesy

1 Like

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by Ellasure: 10:06am On Dec 17, 2022
EndsarsReloaded:

First question, did you see Anambra in that list? No! Yet how many states in Nigeria travel more than them? Is there any state in Nigeria that do business more than them? Also, is there any region that is more business inclined than SE?

I have a sister and a brother in the United States but they have NEVER sent dollars to Nigeria, not even once! Only my aunt in US who traveled many years ago do send dollars using SendWave. My sister and brother both maintain their Nigerian bank accounts which they use to send naira. She supplies all manner of consumer goods like cloths, shoes, food stuff, electronics etc to Nigeria and they sell and remit the money to her local bank account. Likewise, my brother supplies vehicle engines and other used/knocked down car parts to Ladipo. Everyone knows that Yorubas are never as business inclined as Igbos and that's a fact! So, I just gave you an example using my siblings.

That list is based on remmittances that entered Nigeria through trackable channels and it's mostly going to Yahoo scammers. Look at that list again and you will understand why states like Edo, Imo, Oyo, Delta and Ekiti topped it. These states have the highest number of Yahoo boys per square killometer!

Did you watch the video that went viral last week where a huge Igbo Anglican Cathedral in New Jersey protested against a White gay Bishop? Are you aware you must have the numbers before you can even think of building your own native church in a far away land?

When stark realities strike the unfavored generate unsubstantiated facts.

Are the Igbo people the only one in the car trade business in Nigeria.

Bros, I used to think that Igbo businesses were big until I discovered that they were actually fronting for some other people. Don't let me say more. Let endsars dig more around ladipo market to know the true status of the dealers in the the car spares market in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by tolue42(m): 10:08am On Dec 17, 2022
EndsarsReloaded:

Story story... Travelling up and down to different countries to import goods does not imply that your people domicile more abroad... Business men always travel to buy good abroad and waste our Forex..

We are talking about diaspora Nigerians who bring wealth home (Yorubas)

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by geosegun(m): 10:12am On Dec 17, 2022
franchasng:

Lies, the Yorubas travels abd resides more abroad. Have you been to the UK and thr US recently? Stop living in self glory. It pays no one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Remittances To Nigeria By State/Household - Statisense by BigCowHornn: 10:14am On Dec 17, 2022
sagitariusbaby:
same way as your mama dey open leg for visitors. You guys are so immature here and it's irritating engaging your shallow brains. Fact is, there are more Edo men abroad than our women, travel and get enlightened

Your mama follow join ba? grin

If you like insult me from here till next year that won't change facts in ground

Ashawo population is high in Italy. Even if you want white girls you go see plenty but Nigerian girls are among the cheapest and most plentiful ... all tribes even igbo and calabash

But Edo girls make up over 80 percent. It's a matter of record

Even here in Lagos Edo no dey carry last. Go that Ashawo thread in sexuality and see the brothel stories

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

7 Ways To Avoid Unnecessary Bank Charges / Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash / The Real Truth Behind Recharge vouchers Printing Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.