Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash (23255 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote / Mark Zuckerberg Loses 17. 6bn Plunge To World's Sixth Richest / Mark Zuckerberg Loses $3.3 Billion After Changing Facebook News Feed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by ogbiwa: 8:06am On Oct 05, 2021
The eye-watering cost of a global outage of one of mankind's most visited websites makes for truly staggering reading.

Mondaynight's Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp crash could be costing the internet giant somewhere in the region of £2,000 for every second the site is not accessible – with boss Mark Zuckerberg also taking a hit.

That's because the social media mega corporation earned around £62billion in advertising revenue last year.

That works out to just under £2,000 per second.

As Facebook's share price plummets, the ex-Harvard wonderkind's personal wealth is believed to have crashed alongside it.

In fact, the Mail reports, he may have lost as much as $7billion by 10pm on Monday night – with the company's overall worth taking a $50billion hit.

Issues began at 4.55pm British time, and it is thought the outage was caused by changes made to the social media giant's web system.

Facebook made a series of updates to its border gateway protocol which caused it to disappear from the web directory, thus sparking the outage minutes later.

Trend aggregators suggest outages across all three major platforms began at similar times, although none of the platforms have reported being hacked.

But conspiracy theorists were quick to jump on the outage and argue it was a sign of something more sinister.

An official spokesperson for WhatsApp said: "We’re aware that some people are experiencing issues with WhatsApp at the moment.

"We’re working to get things back to normal and will send an update here as soon as possible.

"Thanks for your patience!" Facebook also added: "We’re aware that some people are having trouble accessing the Facebook app.

"We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible, and we apologize for any inconvenience." Instagram said: "Instagram and friends are having a little bit of a hard time right now, and you may be having issues using them.

"Bear with us, we’re on it!"

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/facebook-boss-mark-zuckerbergs-net-25137762

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by Righteousness2(m): 8:12am On Oct 05, 2021
It is a well laid down Plan. It is a Well Orchestrated ritual. It's all by the Numbers. Don't let the Leaders of this Sick and Sinking World fool , confuse and destroy you.

A Global Confusion is coming!
It is gonna hit almost Everything! Environment, supplies, Food, technology, Ocean, etc.

This October is Heavily Pregnant. Same with November and December.

Wherever you are located all over the world.
Get yourself Genuiely with JESUS CHRIST if you value your soul. There is no other way to be Saved.
If you don't value your soul, do as you as like.

If you like mock! If you like Scoff!
Dem no de tell blind man say rain de Fall!

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by Maxymilliano(m): 8:20am On Oct 05, 2021
Tragic ! .. We should all come together and raise some money for him undecided

24 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by Chummynoni(m): 9:03am On Oct 05, 2021
Check my siggy for genuine quality watches.

2 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by chidonweb(m): 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2021
He will recover the money in few weeks.
It's just a stock market flunctuation.

10 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by Olarewaju89: 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2021
undecided

Na waoo... Men of this world are doing things that shock even the devil. Well, what do i know, righteousness have said it all.

Omo lomo larin ero
Meaning ;
Pinkin in the midst of adversaries

19 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2021
1 trillion has 12 zeros

1 trillion x 1 thousand = 1,000,000,000,000,000

We don't even understand again sef biko!!!
Mark will surely recover it back less than a week.

BUT seriously
This shows that the world's dependency on social media is becoming too much and more ways to protect it's users should be highly advocated for

Share your thoughts on this thread concerning the social media temporary crash.....

https://www.nairaland.com/6786833/how-did-feel-when-whatsapp#106458027

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by Aplaudez(m): 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2021
Hmmm, bae almost cried yesterday because we couldn't do night chat, I had to send video tutorial in how to use telegraph.

Me i no get money, but I get peace of mind kiss

7 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Tragic ! .. We should all come together and raise some money for him undecided

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by JohnieWalker12(m): 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2021
Buhari is the cause of this whole problem

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by Hisxellency: 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2021
This man really get money o

10 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by googlepikins: 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
Meanwhile Buhari is begging Netherland that is the size of South East for money.

Thunder will strike all politicians who have been stealing from us dead. Their families will know no peace.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by JohnieWalker12(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
Buhari na international scammer

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by Rtk5: 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
Facebook and WhatsApp down again right now... Him go loose again.

6 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by Rashkeed(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
Can u just STFU for once grin grin
Righteousness2:
It is a well laid down Plan. It is a Well Orchestrated ritual. It's all by the Numbers. Don't let the Leaders of this Sick and Sinking World fool , confuse and destroy you.

A Global Confusion is coming!
It is gonna hit almost Everything! Environment, supplies, Food, technology, Ocean, etc.

This October is Heavily Pregnant. Same with November and December.

Wherever you are located all over the world.
Get yourself Genuiely with JESUS CHRIST if you value your soul. There is no other way to be Saved.
If you don't value your soul, do as you as like.

If you like mock! If you like Scoff!
Dem no de tell blind man say rain de Fall!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by TechNana(f): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
Well a down time is expected of every business, hence it is always important to place preventive measures in advance...

For those who don't know, the outage was caused ( as far as i have heard) due to routine BGP update. So what is BGP? ( Border Gateway Protocol )

In simplest form, ( & not to bore you guys). Think of it like a map of internet ( like where is what located) & each map is controlled by large numbers of ISPs.

No single company has the entire map, but if they are "partnered" or peers they can talk to each other to determine where to send the data packets.

For example. Lets say i am in Abuja & my browser ( On MTN Network) is trying to reach a website that's in Dubai on a local ISP there.

Lets say, My ISP doesn't peer with to local ISP in Dubai directly but... At&t (I'm not sure Dubai uses At&t at the moment) peers with both mine & one local in Beijing . So once i send a request, my ISP talks to "network map" that's derived from BGP to find what's the shortest way to reach Dubai to that specific site, & an automatic system determines that its best to drop data with at&t & then at&t takes it to the local ISP in Dubai that it partners with.

In other words: Facebook was doing some routine work on updating some information on a network map called BGP & it got messed up. Its all good now!

Knowledge is Wealth/power,

Get some below

https://www.nairaland.com/6705451/

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by BCYemz(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
Naira na currency ?
Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by phr0nesis(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
He won't feel it much. My #200 change that I forgot to collect from conductor today is already making me experience COVID-19 symptoms

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by Kizyte(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
One person amassing the wealth of entire country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by Numerouno94(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
Wahala for people that can't do without Mark's 3apps.

8 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by HEAVEN4444: 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
fake money

4 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
JohnieWalker12:
Buhari is the cause of this whole problem

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by homealone00: 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
Buhari Mark can you borrow us Money ? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by Vinnie2000(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
Over to Vanity upon Vanity crew!! kiss

Or Righteousness2, What You say about dis? sad
Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by suffering: 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
The equivalent of a regular business man losing 120k knowing he can make it back in under a week. Face your real world problems. Leave the rich to face theirs.

6 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by socialmediaman: 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by GeneralPula: 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
E soak
Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by Ppogbae: 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
Meanwhile Buhari made gains!

Sai Baba!!
Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by curlarpy: 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
We don hear....
Abi how many times you won tell us? undecided kiss

2 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by oluseyiforjesus(m): 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
This guy can buy Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash by Gokoyer0(m): 1:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
Professor of space booker
post=106470352:
That's a lot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Real Truth Behind Recharge vouchers Printing Business. / Africa’s Top 10 Billionaires In 2024 / How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.