Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Best Amala Joints In Lagos? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Best Amala Joints In Lagos? (26988 Views)

Guy Accidentally Pays N1.2Million For A Plate Of Amala And Soup / Best Amala Joints In Ibadan? / Top 10 Amala Joints In Lagos (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by yinkated(m): 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2011
Guys, Nothing like AMALA BABALOLA in ilasha, Mushin. In fact , am going from the office. join me wink
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2011
Lafun?! Don't know how anyone can eat that nonsense. Abeg tpia, how is eba popcorn?

yinkated:

Guys, Nothing like AMALA BABALOLA in ilasha, Mushin. In fact , am going from the office. join me wink

Seconded!!! My sister used to be so annoyed with for eating Babalola amala, she used to say it makes me uncouth grin Only now, my sister chop Buka food pass me grin
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by seedord247(m): 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2011
yinkated:

please help me greet those girls there. tell them i misss them .

e just be like make i dey come naija staright
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by abacus(m): 5:53pm On Sep 01, 2011
tpia@:

my oyo cousins never tired of that stuff.

however! lafun isnt even listed in the popular song

iyan at eba

lonje ile wa

eni ko jeyan

ajeba to tutu

lol

or the other proverb

iyan lonje

oka logun

airirara lan jeko.
It falls under oka!!! Oka is amala,  and Lafun is a variant of amala,  simple arithmetic

naijababe:

Lafun?! Don't know how anyone can eat that nonsense. Abeg tpia, how is eba popcorn?

Seconded!!! My sister used to be so annoyed with for eating Babalola amala, she used to say it makes me uncouth  grin Only now, my sister chop Buka food pass me grin

angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry
angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry

I will shame you, I will lafun again this evening, straight to white house.
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 01, 2011
^ Sorry no vex, half of my genes are from Egba, so definitely not hating on the egbas, just cant stand the shit.
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by semid4lyfe(m): 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2011
Jarus:
Been here a couple of times. Nice place.

Yeah. . .Saudi Food Palace Limited na the joint grin

Jarus, shey u sabi the place when e just start and e never Behind & set then?
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by Jarus(m): 6:05pm On Sep 01, 2011
I was in Jolad Hospital a couple of times last year and 'discovered' the place!
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by armyofone(m): 6:13pm On Sep 01, 2011
amala made from green plantain is the best of all amalas

the scent is sooooooooo aromatic kiss

OP look for such.
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by tpia5: 6:23pm On Sep 01, 2011
abacus:

It falls under oka!!! Oka is amala,  and Lafun is a variant of amala,  simple arithmetic

to me, oka is yam amala, thank you.

lafun is lafun even though some may want to sneak it in under amala.
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by tpia5: 6:25pm On Sep 01, 2011
naijababe:

Abeg tpia, how is eba popcorn?

food you eat just to stave off hunger for the most part.

ie not too aesthetic like the other royal dishes such as iyan and amala.
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by Ilekokonit: 6:36pm On Sep 01, 2011
Equal Right on Shipeolu Street Palmgrove / Onipanu
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by nuslock(f): 8:05pm On Sep 01, 2011
Thanks everyone in the house. I live in Ikotun Egbe but office is in Yaba though a marketing job. So I have d privilege of going round Lagos most of the time.
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 01, 2011
WHERE NOT WHAT[/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#006600][/color]
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by Yinkay: 9:40pm On Sep 01, 2011
Yes Fanawole at Iwo road in Ibadan or IYa Ope at Sabo,also behind Mobil Filling station in Saki or Taurus in Akure for correct pounded yam.not forgetting Amala Joint in Asaba.
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by nuslock(f): 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2011
Thanks to all. I reside in Ikotun but office is in Yaba. I do marketing so have the opportunity of visiting most part of Lagos in a week. Will definitely try out most of these places. First port of call will be White House so see u there. Will give situation report.
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 4:31am On Sep 02, 2011
Ola Shehu At Agege
White House Yaba
Just Amala Computer village
maggi kitchen Shitta
Ola iya SURU LERE
Highway patrol barracks ikeja
Belgium Amuwo
and so o names hard to remember
grin
grin
Talon pe iya alamala to tan so n son sinmi nimu
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by Roland17(m): 5:45am On Sep 02, 2011
O boy una dey see list? chaiii nobody dey chop for house again be that ooooo grin grin grin, some people have visited all the Buka's in Lagos oohhhhh.
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by Nymphnode(m): 11:00am On Sep 02, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Yeah. . .Saudi Food Palace Limited na the joint grin

Jarus, shey u sabi the place when e just start and e never Behind & set then?

I heard she started off by hawking amala, see where she is now. The only thing I dont like about that place is the girls attitude, they behave as if they are Bukola Saraki's cousins
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by akarich007(m): 2:39pm On Sep 02, 2011
Just Amala in computer Village,

Pricess Restaurant along college road, ifako

Iya basira @,
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by pynkspyce: 2:51pm On Sep 02, 2011
dang, some folks truly trawl the Lagos Bukas.
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by Jarus(m): 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2011
Nymph node:

I heard she started off by hawking amala, see where she is now. The only thing I dont like about that place is the girls attitude, they behave as if they are Bukola Saraki's cousins

Exactly. I remember losing my cool against one of them in one of the few times I was there.
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by Jarus(m): 3:36pm On Sep 02, 2011
Other nice amala places:

Yakoyo, Bello road/Emir Yahaya junction, Sokoto(that was where half of my allawi ended in my NYSC year)

Sekona junction, Ede/Gbongan/Ife junction, Sekona, Osun state. With fresh eran igbe.

Amala Iya Ibeji, Station road, Offa, Kwara state. Chei, this has to be the best amala I have ever eaten! That was in the late 80s to early 90s as a kid

Iya egin, Old buka, OAU Campus. So addicted to it was I that one Ramadan, I had finished a bowl of amala here and was on my way back to department before I remembered I was fasting.
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by EEVICTOREE(m): 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2011
Well i still see Amala OLUWASEUN as one of the best in mushin, the Amala BABALOLA taste too salty for my likin'
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2011
Jarus:

Other nice amala places:

Yakoyo, Bello road/Emir Yahaya junction, Sokoto(that was where half of my allawi ended in my NYSC year)

Sekona junction, Ede/Gbongan/Ife junction, Sekona, Osun state. With fresh eran igbe.

Amala Iya Ibeji, Station road, Offa, Kwara state. Chei, this has to be the best amala I have ever eaten! That was in the late 80s to early 90s as a kid

Iya egin, Old buka, OAU Campus. So addicted to it was I that one Ramadan, I had finished a bowl of amala here and was on my way back to department before I remembered I was fasting.

That has to be some jazzed amala grin grin grin
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by haboosa(m): 4:40pm On Sep 02, 2011
Jarus:

Other nice amala places:

, you don forget Amala General No1 and Iya Abu for OGS grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by Jarus(m): 4:49pm On Sep 02, 2011
haboosa:

, you don forget Amala General No1 and Iya Abu for OGS grin grin grin grin grin
Those ones too na baba, when we dey secondary school. I still dey do General No 1 anytime I'm in Offa.

Iya Abu don kpai
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by haboosa(m): 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2011
Jarus:

Those ones too na baba, when we dey secondary school. I still dey do General No 1 anytime I'm in Offa.

Iya Abu don kpai
, I know say she don kpai now i only wanna remind you of it nah ni wink wink wink
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by Koikoi(m): 12:26am On Sep 03, 2011
Chei, Adedibu is finding his way back to Nigeria!
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by ifyalways(f): 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2011
Just got into Ibadan on biz and as usual,must report for amala joint.

Got myself to "Fanawole foods" at Iwo road,no "ohmygosh" feeling but Ok.The amala was soft,shaki ati orishirishi cool.

Would be at Bodija and have 1 more day to spend here,anyone knows where I can get finger licking amala?People plzzz.haha

1 Like

Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by MisterNRC(m): 1:28pm On Sep 13, 2011
ifyalways:

Just got into Ibadan on biz and as usual,must report for amala joint.

Got myself to "Fanawole foods" at Iwo road,no "ohmygosh" feeling but Ok.The amala was soft,shaki ati orishirishi cool.

Would be at Bodija and have 1 more day to spend here,anyone knows where I can get finger licking amala?People plzzz.haha

Thats one confirmed **non-ohmygosh-amala joint**,
Thanks dear, grin

1 Like

Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by ifyalways(f): 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2011
^so help a sista now.

Where wud i get the real deal?This biz/trip might turn sour If i don't get korrect amala chop.

So sad.
Re: Best Amala Joints In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 13, 2011
//

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Post Your Easter Food Here Guys, Let's See / Bkr Small-chops Price List / Dont Peel-off Yam Skin Before Cooking, Dietician Advises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.