Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,986 members, 7,852,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:12 PM

Watch Out For Fake Nokias & Co - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Watch Out For Fake Nokias & Co (878 Views)

2016 In Mobile : Top 4 Smartphones And Events To Watch Out For / How To Test For Fake SD Card Or USB Flash Drives / How To Check Your Phone For Fake Hardware Specification. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Watch Out For Fake Nokias & Co by netotse(m): 4:16am On Aug 25, 2007
Abeg u guys should be careful o! its as if d chinese ppl r vexing, like 3 ppl in my office have bought this fake N99
it isn't a nokia phone but has nokia N99 on it and i've noticed phones like that are becoming increasingly common here's how u can tell
1.they usually have a name other than nokia on the box(one had a windows mobile logo on the phone shown on the box)
2.when u plug them into a pc it shows some funny nos. and letters as the device name(they usually telll u the chip the fake nokia was based on)
3.they come with two batteries(nokia isn't that generous)
4.the nokia codes dont work (esp. *#0000#)
5.the finishing is somewhat inferior
6.there's usually a lot of chinese writing on d boxes
7.the charger is different from the nokia chargers available(old and new)its like a mini usb
the phones are usually good (facility-wise) as in the common ones have both a keypad and touch sensitive screen and are also cheap(d N99 has TV, radio, bluetooth, mp3,space for two sims and it goes for about 27000) but my grouse is the fake branding
so next time u see that nice looking and also cheap nokia be careful!!(imagine going to a nokia shop with one of them phones!)
i have seen d fake N77, N99, N88 and also my mom bought a motorola version of one of these phones(it wasn't in naija n was meant to be a motorola ming)
Re: Watch Out For Fake Nokias & Co by dragnet: 5:35pm On Aug 25, 2007
.tanx 4 d inf0 br0, s0me of them are even wise enuf and try 2 beat d c0pyryt or patent stuf, If u luk cl0sely u'd c dat s0me of d inscriptns 0n d f0ne is NOKLA !

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Fairly Used Phone / Nija Gps & Online Map / Need An Emulator?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.