Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (96346 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by pcachuks(f): 2:47am On Mar 14
QuoteJust1nce:

Speak to your bank and ask for a tracer.
Should be pretty easy to see how the money moved and where it is currently at.
I know for sure Starlink would only take the deposit and not the full sum UNLESS there was a glitch in which case your bank can do a fund recall.

Thank you. I will do that.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by mekkyswazeh: 8:30pm On Mar 14
is it too late to buy from starlink.com? I heard they are no longer selling to buyers in Lagos, anyone know how true this is?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 3:55am On Mar 15
mekkyswazeh:
is it too late to buy from starlink.com? I heard they are no longer selling to buyers in Lagos, anyone know how true this is?

I heard.. I heard... I heard
How hard could it be brov to type in their website url into your browser and see things for yourself.
This lazy mentality will not take us anywhere; for real.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 6:47am On Mar 15
QuoteJust1nce:

How hard could it be brov to type in their website url into your browser and see things for yourself.
I agric with u grin
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Nazza007(f): 11:24am On Mar 15
How much to come and plug my Ethernet cable??

For real, if you have a big space, you can lease out some part as co-working space.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Nazza007(f): 11:26am On Mar 15
Fuadeiza:

It arrived today. Will be setting it up tomorrow or Friday.

I need to get a UPS to use with it.

How much to come and plug my ethernet cable??

For real, if you have a big space, this an opportunity to lease out a portion while offering Internet and Light services.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by mekkyswazeh: 4:18pm On Mar 15
QuoteJust1nce:

lol, I did check their site, found no specific info there. Even after placing an order, there's no visible info on the expected date. will probably wait and see
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Fuadeiza(m): 4:57pm On Mar 15
Speedtest, I just finished the installation.

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 10:55pm On Mar 15
Fuadeiza:
Speedtest, I just finished the installation.

One new brother freed from the shackles of Nigerian ISPs.
Get ready to celebrate your first 30-day stretch of internet usage with zero downtimes.
Something that could never happen with local ISPs. Network must run sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Leun: 9:10am On Mar 16
QuoteJust1nce:

One new brother freed from the shackles of Nigerian ISPs.
Get ready to celebrate your first 30-day stretch of internet usage with zero downtimes.
Something that could never happen with local ISPs. Network must run sha.

i still never fit pay for my subscription even though them don message me say them don suspend their services, i still dey connected but i need pay, which card dey work? Ps i tried Gt wey i use take buy am but e no work now.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by martyns303(m): 2:58pm On Mar 16
Fuadeiza:

It arrived today. Will be setting it up tomorrow or Friday.

I need to get a UPS to use with it.

Good day, was just about ordering and decided to make a bit of research,
1. How long before it got delivered
2. It says N800k one the site, was that the actual price and did ur naira card worked with it?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Fuadeiza(m): 2:58pm On Mar 16
Nazza007:
How much to come and plug my Ethernet cable??

For real, if you have a big space, you can lease out some part as co-working space.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚I dunno about leasing part.
I think the more people connect the lower the bandwidth available to be used. Since itโ€™ll be shared amongst the multiple users
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 4:13pm On Mar 16
It seems Jumia is now officially selling Starlink.

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Fuadeiza(m): 5:43pm On Mar 16
martyns303:

Good day, was just about ordering and decided to make a bit of research,
1. How long before it got delivered
2. It says N800k one the site, was that the actual price and did ur naira card worked with it?

Hi,
1. It took 2 days to get to me after payment.
2. 816,700 total amount paid.

Yeah naira card worked.

I used my access bank naira Visa card.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 10:46pm On Mar 16
Leun:

i still never fit pay for my subscription even though them don message me say them don suspend their services, i still dey connected but i need pay, which card dey work? Ps i tried Gt wey i use take buy am but e no work now.

Have you tried Alat (Mastercard) by WemaBank
It's what I used and it works one-time.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 11:11pm On Mar 16
BadMaster:
It seems Jumia is now officially selling Starlink.

You can see the criminals saying it's officially 1.3m but they dropped it to 800 for a 38% discount cheesy cheesy cheesy
Deceptive marketing. Has starlink ever officially sold above 800k (which is even just the new increment)?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Leun: 10:50am On Mar 17
QuoteJust1nce:

Have you tried Alat (Mastercard) by WemaBank
It's what I used and it works one-time.

Omo I no get wema o. I go check how this alat account dey work.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 1:46pm On Mar 17
Please recommend a good router for Starlink. Dual band with all the channels.
Not overkill though.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ask4bk(m): 10:18am On Mar 18
PotatoSalad:
Please recommend a good router for Starlink. Dual band with all the channels.
Not overkill though.

TP-LINK Archer C80

That's what I use. Gives me constant 5ghz on those devices that don't catch starlink router's 5ghz.
I get down speed of 350mbps with it in the North of Nigeria. Last price I saw it at was 60k though I bought mine 43k last year.

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Latosky: 1:40pm On Mar 18
If one buys from Jumia, how will you register the device with Starlink customer care?

QuoteJust1nce:

You can see the criminals saying it's officially 1.3m but they dropped it to 800 for a 38% discount cheesy cheesy cheesy
Deceptive marketing. Has starlink ever officially sold above 800k (which is even just the new increment)?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 2:44pm On Mar 18
Latosky:
If one buys from Jumia, how will you register the device with Starlink customer care?

You don't need to call customer care. As long as its a new device (unactivated). there is an option
if you already have a device. It's mostly used for both new and transfer of old accounts to a new person (more complicated)
Besides there are many Youtube and text tutorials about how to do this.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 1:42am On Mar 19
ask4bk:

TP-LINK Archer C80

That's what I use. Gives me constant 5ghz on those devices that don't catch starlink router's 5ghz.
I get down speed of 350mbps with it in the North of Nigeria. Last price I saw it at was 60k though I bought mine 43k last year.
Thanks boss
How many devices on both bands?
Running a smart home and have close to 80 devices
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by morikee: 11:26am On Mar 19
Anyone currently experiencing poor and degraded service on Starlink
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by iAmTestedOsic(m): 12:19pm On Mar 19
morikee:
Anyone currently experiencing poor and degraded service on Starlink
Refresh, its restored.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by iAmTestedOsic(m): 12:32pm On Mar 19
QuoteJust1nce:

Even though they are ultra-greedy; cant blame them one bit. I blame the "lazy" ones who cannot take out just 5mins to read and follow instructiosn as clear as day. It doesn't even take up to 5mins to process the order. Even the installation itself is plug and play. So what gives? But my people are too lazy. In my case. Starlink mentioned reduceds speeds due to roam as residential has more priority. Yet, I get speeds in the 200+ from anywhere in the building.
What service plan are you subscribed to?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by morikee: 3:23pm On Mar 19
iAmTestedOsic:

Refresh, its restored.

Yeah it's back

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 3:57pm On Mar 19
iAmTestedOsic:

What service plan are you subscribed to?

Mobile - Regional: 49k / month

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ask4bk(m): 2:36pm On Mar 20
PotatoSalad:

Thanks boss
How many devices on both bands?
Running a smart home and have close to 80 devices
Google says 128. I never connect more than 10 devices yet.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 11:51pm On Mar 20
ask4bk:

Google says 128. I never connect more than 10 devices yet.
Thanks man
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by spore3377: 8:32am On Mar 21
Trying to activate Starlink this morning in Lagos and the only option have got available is the Roam option of 49K is that normal?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 9:30am On Mar 21
spore3377:
Trying to activate Starlink this morning in Lagos and the only option have got available is the Roam option of 49K is that normal?
Yes, that's normal, since most parts of Lagos, if not all, have reached capacity.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 4:51pm On Mar 21
I see this guy ontop bike for my area, wey carry Starlink for leg just dey shine teeth. If Na you come and wet ground ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (51) (Reply)

2go Downlaod, Tips, Star Cheats And Mobile Chats / If You Buy This N4.9million Solarin, God Will Not Forgive You (photo) / Free And Easy Way To Get Ur 2go Password And Username Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.