Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,296 members, 7,829,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 (49001 Views)

Cute Family Photos Of Lionel Messi Staying Safe / Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 / Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by emorse(m): 10:39am On Dec 19, 2022
Ykc2:
oga nigeria players dey destroy dem selves with football age,na so oladimeji lawal Philip osondu take age distroy their foot ball carriers, 28 years claiming 19 years, Lewis figo played for Portugal in Saudi 1989 do you know when he retired from football?
We are talking about the class of 2005 here. Where the other so-called "wonder kids"? Aguero, Paletta, Biglia, Zabaleta, Gago, etc were all Messi's team mates at that tournament but they all retired before Mikel ( a supposed age cheat). Football no be mathematics bro.

Mikel by the way had successful career for both club and country. He played at the very top for years and did what his managers asked of him. That's why he was able to last that long.

There's a loooong list of players that met him and left him at Chelsea. In his DM position alone, Belletti, Matic, McEachran, Romeu are the names I can remember. I no talk say make you no criticise wrong doers but do am with verifiable facts.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by emorse(m): 10:49am On Dec 19, 2022
maxwell530:
David Silva still playing in Real Sociedad
Silva retired from international football in 2018 while Mikel retired in 2019.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by weljewel: 11:06am On Dec 19, 2022
Thanks be to God for deliverance, back 2 sender, joy and peace.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by weljewel: 11:06am On Dec 19, 2022
Thanks be to God for deliverance,money, back 2 sender, joy and peace.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by DaveHarry(m): 11:48am On Dec 19, 2022
.....and the rest is history. I know what I said
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by WantsandMore: 11:57am On Dec 19, 2022
gaby:
Bwoda Taiye....

I'm sure he watched the world cup finals with his grandkids surrounding him...lol

Kai..how time flies.

I was live at this stadium (Utrecht) on this day and was just a few feet away from where this picture was taken.
thank God for life, what's your opinion on vanity upon vanity ?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by pquaver(m): 12:35pm On Dec 19, 2022
Kiddogarcia:
Yes,Messi won the world cup,but people forget that Mikel obi had a long career at one of the best club in the world.
And for taiwo, football just happened to him,not every player in that Argentine u20 became successful too tho.
Na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement

Many were and played long.. Aguero, zabaleta, DiMaria, Messi, etc
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by TangoPredict(f): 12:35pm On Dec 19, 2022
The naija boys just faded, lazy yoots grin

https://tangopredict.com/top-combo/
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by pquaver(m): 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2022
emorse:

We are talking about the class of 2005 here. Where the other so-called "wonder kids"? Aguero, Paletta, Biglia, Zabaleta, Gago, etc were all Messi's team mates at that tournament but they all retired before Mikel ( a supposed age cheat). Football no be mathematics bro.

Mikel by the way had successful career for both club and country. He played at the very top for years and did what his managers asked of him. That's why he was able to last that long.

There's a loooong list of players that met him and left him at Chelsea. In his DM position alone, Belletti, Matic, McEachran, Romeu are the names I can remember. I no talk say make you no criticise wrong doers but do am with verifiable facts.

Bigla, Paletta, zabaleta, gago were all older than Messi in the tournament.. Messi just turned 18 and those guys were already 20 and slightly tuning 21..so as for aguero remove him from your list, he would still be playing if not for heart problems so it is false to put him in your list..
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by gaby(m): 12:41pm On Dec 19, 2022
WantsandMore:
thank God for life, what's your opinion on vanity upon vanity ?

It is indeed vanity, my brother.

We are all in a rat race.

Just learn to love and do you, and be grateful for each day that you are able to be a part of.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by pquaver(m): 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2022
ominilongest:
They all. Have a wonderful career
Taiye taiwo was adored is in prime in France Olympic Marseille to be Precise Dey even compare him to R.Carlos
Mikel much was expected from him but he delivered more which wasn't bad at all
Messi The Goat had a stellar career too
Nobody dey hungry na the moral lesson.

You guys should shut d trap already about the age bullshit

Even Pedri wey dey claim 18 person wey don' she shave bears u guys will nvr comment

When it comes to black u staty masturbating on the post like they gives a flying Bleep!

Like say any of the above mentioned no go feed una generations to come.

I know say one day one day I go just quit this site and nver come back again.

Its spoilt.

It's either you don't know how the system works abroad or you are just ignorant.. Shaving is no way to determine age.. Carbon dating has shown many African fail the age test.. Pedro is 18... If you are born abroad you get documented immediately so are you saying pedris parents or he himself knew he would be a footballer?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by kwasoly(m): 12:51pm On Dec 19, 2022
opamoses1:
Mikel Obi & Taiye Taiwo played in 2005 FIFA World Youth Championship alongside Messi. Today Messi at 34 won World Cup for Argentina.

Point of correction messi is 35.
Thank you
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by bewla(m): 1:05pm On Dec 19, 2022
oz4real83:
Taiye Taiwo in that pic was equivalent to a father with his immediate younger bro{Mikel Obi} and his son{Messi}. While Messi was less than 18years in that pic, Taiye Taiwo shouldn't be less than 30years, that was why he didn't last long at the top level because he was already old before bursting to limelight in that competition.
I trust Nigeria to condem there own even if is right
And better
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by shallar1(m): 1:14pm On Dec 19, 2022
gaby:
Bwoda Taiye....

I'm sure he watched the world cup finals with his grandkids surrounding him...lol

Kai..how time flies.

I was live at this stadium (Utrecht) on this day and was just a few feet away from where this picture was taken.

Lori Iro
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by gaby(m): 1:46pm On Dec 19, 2022
shallar1:

Lori Iro

See face and bloodshot eyes...lol

Go take care of your health dingy...

Ekpa
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by MiddleDimension: 1:47pm On Dec 19, 2022
Ifeanyi4491:
Who was GOAT � in football during that year?
this goal keeper no know say na middle east him dey. see as the sheikh don already dey look am like him don commit.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 19, 2022
gaby:

See face and bloodshot eyes...lol

Go take care of your health dingy...

Ekpa

I had to look! LOL! You’re mean cry
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by Kiddogarcia(m): 2:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
pquaver:

Many were and played long.. Aguero, zabaleta, DiMaria, Messi, etc
Only few made it,do Maria wasn't even among.
Only zabaleta,Messi,aguero and gago to a certain degree made it at the top.
We had Mikel,taiwo,obasi to an extent including apam
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by Laughingkk: 2:16pm On Dec 19, 2022
Faber:
Mikel was also successful. Won AFCON, even before Messi won Copa America, also won UCL, league titles and later captained the Super Eagles.
Look... don't just start o
Comparing Crocodile and Lizard
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by gaby(m): 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2022
Dimples2022:

I had to look! LOL! You’re mean cry

I'm sorry, ma.

I hate them picking on me for no just reason.

They should learn to read and just move on. I can't understand how difficult that can get.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by Pinterest: 3:56pm On Dec 19, 2022
Kiddogarcia:
Yes,Messi won the world cup,but people forget that Mikel obi had a long career at one of the best club in the world.
And for taiwo, football just happened to him,not every player in that Argentine u20 became successful too tho.

Nigerians are just trying to be mischievous. Taye Taiwo still plays football actively and professionally, for someone who’s supposed to be a grand pa.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by Baatunde(m): 4:50pm On Dec 19, 2022
You spoke my mind right there bro. Too many hypocrisy is killing us in Nigeria. A lot of people change their age on their CVs every year to meet the minimum age requirement for job applications but they don't see that as an issue until when the age of politicians becomes controversy and even they go dey put mouth for that matter. The guy who cannot be trusted with association or organisation's money too go start calling politicians thief. As far as we are concerned , all that is wrong with Nigeria is ONLY the politicians... never with we the citizens.. because we are squeaky clean people with no blemish... reminds me of when Jesus said " he who is without sin , make him cast the first stone" all of them hypocrites just vamoose quick quick.... yeyenatu!

ozo13:
lol

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by MyAmericandream(f): 5:35pm On Dec 19, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
.....and the other 2 were no where to be found.

Glory pass glory. Make una dey try understand this thing. Some people glory na world wide while others can be national or regional. Messi glory na world wide.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by CLRF: 6:44pm On Dec 19, 2022
Kiddogarcia:

People have forgotten that Senderous who was making it to Arsenal first eleven could not make serious impact in the tournament that year.

Even Robinbo who was their equal has drop from the scene too
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by godwon01(m): 6:47pm On Dec 19, 2022
This guy has collected all the trophys in the football. Under 21, Olympic gold in football, champion league, copper America. Etc
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by BePrepared: 7:24pm On Dec 19, 2022
gaby:
Bwoda Taiye....

Kai..how time flies.

Lol laff wan kee me oo
Taiye that didn't last 3 years after 2005
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by mayor1814: 10:12pm On Dec 19, 2022
Ifeanyi4491:
Who was GOAT � in football during that year?

The likes of Henry, Ronaldinho, Xavi, Iniesta etc were running tinz den
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by pquaver(m): 11:50pm On Dec 19, 2022
Kiddogarcia:

Only few made it,do Maria wasn't even among.
Only zabaleta,Messi,aguero and gago to a certain degree made it at the top.
We had Mikel,taiwo,obasi to an extent including apam

Di Maria was but didn't make the tournament, he came back in the u-23 Olympics.. Even Messi almost missed out on the u-20
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by Nigerfine3: 2:07am On Dec 20, 2022
WibusJaga:

grin grin
What a wonder wonder wonder �������
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by Kiddogarcia(m): 7:44am On Dec 20, 2022
pquaver:

Di Maria was but didn't make the tournament, he came back in the u-23 Olympics.. Even Messi almost missed out on the u-20
I'm talking about the team in the competition,as long as he wasn't there,so he did not make it
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 by Landowner101(m): 12:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
The forces holding Nigeria won't make you go far, if you have a child that is very talented, please move him out of this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Stadia To Be Used In FIFA 2018 World Cup In Russia & Matches / 6 Of The Best African Strikers Of All Time / Photos: Footballer Chichi Igbo Oozies Sexiness In A Short Brown Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.