Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Gear ATF For Honda Pilot 07 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gear ATF For Honda Pilot 07 (1009 Views)

Hyundai/kia/mitsubishi owners, sp-iii ATF Is Sacrosanct & in stock / ATF For My Honda Pilot / ATF For Toyota Camry 2000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gear ATF For Honda Pilot 07 by phantom(m): 10:51am On Dec 19, 2022
Hey guys, good day. Please, i need advise on best ATF for my pilot.
The DW1 readily available in PH is the adulterated Chinese version. The original product is also available but very expensive.
I need a cheaper solution even if its another brand as long as its okay for my tranny.

Someone suggested the mobil atf dexron 2. I don't want to take chances and I have decided to seek for advise. I need a good, original alternative product. I can go as much as 3,500/4000 per litre. I am replacing all the 8litres of the gearbox.

Thank you and God bless.
Re: Gear ATF For Honda Pilot 07 by Conner44: 1:48pm On Dec 19, 2022
There is no alternative. You have to buy the original atf dw1 or use a good dextron 3 and change it out before you drive 1,000 miles. Contact luvinhubby for original dw1.
Re: Gear ATF For Honda Pilot 07 by kingreign(m): 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2022
phantom:
The DW1 readily available in PH is the adulterated Chinese version. The original product is also available but very expensive.
I need a cheaper solution even if its another brand as long as its okay for my tranny.

Someone suggested the mobil atf dexron 2. I don't want to take chances and I have decided to seek for advise. I need a good, original alternative product. I can go as much as 3,500/4000 per litre. I am replacing all the 8litres of the gearbox.

Thank you and God bless.
You can go for 3,500-4,000 per litre, but market goes for 8,000-10,000 per litre. cry
Re: Gear ATF For Honda Pilot 07 by nurey(m): 5:58pm On Dec 19, 2022
phantom:

Thank you and God bless.

Honda DW1 ATF 7000x8L = 56,000

Honda pilot replacement gear (used) 250k

Don't be penny wise pound foolish.

4 Likes

Re: Gear ATF For Honda Pilot 07 by buygala(m): 6:36pm On Dec 19, 2022
phantom:

Thank you and God bless.

Excuse me Sir..

Please why do you need to replace your gearbox oil?

Because if the gear isn't misbehaving or the oil isn't discolored, please leave it alone..

No go try to fix wetin no spoil... Some gearbox oils are recommended for the lifetime of the vehicle, while some are recommended for 100k kms.

Don't just change gear oil on a whim.. And whatever anyone tells you, please do not flush the transmission.. .. Drain and refill only if you must.

2 Likes

Re: Gear ATF For Honda Pilot 07 by ipobcannibals: 1:38pm On Dec 20, 2022
buygala:

Excuse me Sir..

Please why do you need to replace your gearbox oil?

Because if the gear isn't misbehaving or the oil isn't discolored, please leave it alone..

No go try to fix wetin no spoil... Some gearbox oils are recommended for the lifetime of the vehicle, while some are recommended for 100k kms.

Don't just change gear oil on a whim.. And whatever anyone tells you, please do not flush the transmission.. .. Drain and refill only if you must.
Best advice so far, that is if the OP will listen. I don’t know why some people will change their ATF as if they’re changing engine oil? Transmission fluid can last for 150,000km and need no changing for the next 15yrs.
Re: Gear ATF For Honda Pilot 07 by nurey(m): 6:16pm On Dec 20, 2022
ipobcannibals:
Best advice so far, that is if theOP will listen. I don’t why some people will change their ATF as if they’re changing engine oil? Transmission fluid can last for 150,000km and need no changing for the next 15yrs.

You people should stop misleading people and rather read up on manuals.

For brandnew vehicle manufacturer would peg transmission oil change at 100k km after exceeding 100k km next change may be half then next would be every 30k km.

Nigeria environmental is the reason we adviced people to change regularly 2 to 3 years or less for cars that are sensitive and known to be defective.

Buy a tokunbo car and check the colour of the transmission after 3 years it's likely black already and when you decide to change nah wahala be that. I personally change my ATF every 2years because I don't want what happened in 2015 to occur again.
Re: Gear ATF For Honda Pilot 07 by ipobcannibals: 7:35pm On Dec 20, 2022
nurey:

You people should stop misleading people and rather read up on manuals.

For brandnew vehicle manufacturer would peg transmission oil change at 100k km after exceeding 100k km next change may be half then next would be every 30k km.

Nigeria environmental is the reason we adviced people to change regularly 2 to 3 years or less for cars that are sensitive and known to be defective.

Buy a tokunbo car and check the colour of the transmission after 3 years it's likely black already and when you decide to change nah wahala be that. I personally change my ATF every 2years because I don't want what happened in 2015 to occur again.
@ The bolded, most manufacturers have already tested their ATF under different conditions before putting it out there, that’s why it’s highly recommended that you get the right ATF for your transmission.
Again, most manufacturers recommend ATF change after 100,000 miles, which is equivalent to 160,000km. Now, in Nigeria, most people do city driving and can hardly do up to 10, 000km in a year.
If one buys a tokumbo vehicle, check the transmission fluid, if it’s black, then change, but if the fluid is pink, no need to change it, especially when it’s hard to get the original ATF, for safety sake.
I suggest you watch more videos on transmission fluid to be well informed.
Re: Gear ATF For Honda Pilot 07 by buygala(m): 8:12pm On Dec 20, 2022
ipobcannibals:
@ The bolded, most manufacturers have already tested their ATF under different conditions before putting it out there, that’s why it’s highly recommended that you get the right ATF for your transmission.
Again, most manufacturers recommend ATF change after 100,000 miles, which is equivalent to 160,000km. Now, in Nigeria, most people do city driving and can hardly do up to 10, 000km in a year.
If one buys a tokumbo vehicle, check the transmission fluid, if it’s black, then change, but if the fluid is pink, no need to change it, especially when it’s hard to get the original ATF, for safety sake.
I suggest you watch more videos on transmission fluid to be well informed.

No mind dat okoto mew wey you quote

When pesin no be Young shall Grow motors wey dey do Yobe to Lagos Daily , 100k or 150k miles na beans?....how many Nigerians fit cover 100k miles in 3 years sef?

Gear oil still dey pink and smells sweet, gear dey behave well, and gear coolant line isn't blocked or bypassed, you come say you wan change d oyel because na only u motor dey totori grin
Re: Gear ATF For Honda Pilot 07 by phantom(m): 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2022
Thanks guys....na to find 56K go buy original DW1 as a good quality alternative dexron 3 no dey market. Why I was asking for alternative dexron 3 is that I won't drive the car up to 1000 km before I change to original DW1. Its just temporary before I get DW1.

Thanks guys. Cheers and compliments of the season.

(1) (Reply)

What Influenced You To Buy Your Automobile? / What To Check If Your Vehicle Is overheating and possible causes / Mercedes First Unmanned Truck (PICTURE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.