Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau (56696 Views)

Bouncer Disarms Gunman In Enugu Bar, Saves Many Lives / Kidnapper Of A Military Personnel Arrested In Ogun / Female POS Operator Disarms Two Armed Robbers In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by dre11(m): 4:46am On Dec 20, 2022
Daring female traveller wrestles Plateau kidnappers, escapes

By James Abraham

A female traveller, Lucy Jeremiah, who was abducted by a nine-man kidnap gang in Plateau State, has narrated how she fought the gunmen to escape from the bush where she was held captive.

It was learnt that the kidnappers abducted Jeremiah and three other victims while they were travelling in a vehicle to Jos, Plateau State, from Abuja on Thursday.

The victim, who was still in trauma, told PUNCH Metro in Jos on Monday at the Plateau State Police Command Headquarters where she was recuperating, that she handed her life over to God before she summoned the courage to fight the kidnappers.

She said, “What happened was that we were coming back from Abuja to Jos in a vehicle last Thursday. On getting to the Government Science School, Kuru, in the Jos South LGA of Plateau State around 6pm, though I was sleeping in the vehicle, I woke up when the vehicle suddenly stopped. When I woke up, I saw a man wielding a gun. He opened the door and said we should give him our phones.

“He collected all our phones and money. He thereafter selected four of us in the vehicle and marched us into the bush. The kidnappers, numbering nine, asked us to call our parents on phone and demanded N5m each. After we made the calls, they took us farther into the bush and out of the four persons, I was the only female among them.”

The victim said as they went deep into the bush, she suggested to others an escape plan, but they were afraid.

She said, “They said they could not do anything because they were not with any weapon to fight the kidnappers, who were with a gun, a knife and other weapons.

“By this time, some of the kidnappers, who were initially nine, had left, leaving four of them with us.

“As we marched deeper into the bush, two of the four kidnappers were trailing behind, while two others with the gun and knife were leading us in front.

“At this time, I told my co-traveller victims that we should do something and that I will not follow the kidnappers any farther into the bush to wherever they were taking us to and that God would be in control. I also told them what to do as I suggested to them that I would be the first person to grab the kidnapper carrying the gun while they should come to my assistance if anything happened and that was what I did.

“So, when I grabbed the kidnapper with the gun, the other kidnapper holding a knife rushed forward and wanted to stab me in the stomach. But as I turned, he missed his target ….”

The victim could not continue the interview as she broke down in tears.

However, the spokesman for the Plateau State Police Command, Alabo Alfred, confirmed the incident, adding that the other victims, who were rescued by the police alongside the lady, had been taken to a hospital for treatment.

He said, “We have four victims that were rescued and it happened somewhere in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau State on December 15. A team of police detectives traced them to Kassa Forest in the Barkin Ladi LGA, where they came in contact with the kidnap victims, including Lucy Jeremiah and three others. She (Jeremiah) was found unconscious with deep cuts in her leg and the other victims were taken to the hospital for treatment. We are leaving no stone unturned to ensure that the perpetrators are apprehended.”

https://punchng.com/daring-female-traveller-wrestles-plateau-kidnappers-escapes/?amp

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by Rikze: 5:12am On Dec 20, 2022
shocked

What a brave woman...

She deserves some accolades.

Generally speaking, it's good for one to have some martial arts/Karate skills so that in situations like this you'll fashion a way out to disarm your captors when you consider it safe to do so.

368 Likes 22 Shares

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by Antyislam: 5:12am On Dec 20, 2022
That is why we must reject Tinubu , he will not be able to lead this country, imagine insecurity everywhere

237 Likes 20 Shares

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by Tokskob2008: 5:20am On Dec 20, 2022
Na brave babe she be jare...... She no be like all those ones with 200k wig covering empty skull.

321 Likes 22 Shares

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by officialwdhtv: 5:26am On Dec 20, 2022
Na man you be jare...brave lady...kudos

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by Munzy14(m): 5:43am On Dec 20, 2022
Bravery and courageous I must confess.

If everyone abducted will have this mindset of never backing out, after all we will all die, trust me this rampant kidnapping wiĺl reduce seriously.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by iamme1234(m): 5:49am On Dec 20, 2022
Munzy14:
Bravery and courageous I must confess.

If everyone abducted will have this mindset of never backing out, after all we will all die, trust me this rampant kidnapping wiĺl reduce seriously.

Lol
This your comment funny ooo
In sight of Ak47 you wan risk eacape
Walahi those Fulani go just vexx kill everyone, if them notice an escape attempt from someone
Dont joke wit herdsmen ooo

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by Munzy14(m): 5:52am On Dec 20, 2022
iamme1234:

Lol
Walahi those Fulani would vexx just kill everyone..
Most still die after paying ransom, plus the steady beating.

This was the same mindset the three men picked along with her had, until a woman summoned courage.. cheesy

If you realize you will die, despite trying to preserve life that won't last forever, trust me you will begin to take bold bold steps.

159 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by baretalk: 5:56am On Dec 20, 2022
If we Nigerians make it hard for kidnappers to successfully collect ransom, we will take them out of business. Try bravery, rather than a slow painful death. Attack kidnappers and terrorists and their families, kill them, and burn all their property

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by Gift96: 6:00am On Dec 20, 2022
what kind of weak men do we have nowadays angry

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by GOFRONT(m): 6:03am On Dec 20, 2022
A woman fight with kidnapper. She chop liver oo.

Better still, its hightime all highway travellers be made to travel along with their guns. Whats stopping d govt from legalizing carrying of gun by every Tom, dick and harry?? Let it be fire for fire for once!!!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by shortgun(m): 6:33am On Dec 20, 2022
Police is still taking credit for rescuing someone that wrestled with her abductors to free herself. grin grin

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by Nukilia: 6:43am On Dec 20, 2022
Failed nation

12 Likes

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by everythinggirly(f): 7:09am On Dec 20, 2022
Wow! I'm proud of this lady, Respect ma'am! cool

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by Houseofglam7(f): 7:16am On Dec 20, 2022
Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by mytime24(f): 7:29am On Dec 20, 2022
Women can do better embarassed

1 Like

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by epondudu: 7:38am On Dec 20, 2022
A woman with a big black ball of a thousand men.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by Luckysbab: 7:43am On Dec 20, 2022
If her account is true (and I have no reason to doubt it at all), the cowardice of the men taken alongside her is unpardonable.

Granted it's natural to be afraid, but still too scared to act even after the brave lady took the lead and they would have even allowed the one with the knife stab her still?! That's utterly useless of them.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by Gadafii: 7:45am On Dec 20, 2022
This woman deserves more attention and recognition than toke makinwa and Nkechi blessing combined

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by Luckysbab: 7:46am On Dec 20, 2022
Munzy14:

This was the same mindset the three men picked along with her had, until a woman summoned courage.. cheesy

If you realize you will die, despite trying to preserve life that won't last forever, trust me you will begin to take bold bold steps.

I tell you

8 Likes

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by marlow1962(m): 7:47am On Dec 20, 2022
iamme1234:

Lol
Walahi those Fulani would vexx just kill everyone, if them notice an escape attempt from someone

Lmao, u dy mind dat guy.

2 Likes

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by jeromestarks: 7:51am On Dec 20, 2022
Check well. Check very well. The mother of this lady married as a virgin.

Only a virgin woman can give birth to a daughter with such grace.

Fvck any girl you want but when it comes to marriage, find a virgin woman. Only her deserves your love and devotion.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by SporaD8: 7:53am On Dec 20, 2022
Rikze:
shocked

What a brave woman...

Generally speaking, it's good for one to have some martial arts/Karate skills so that in situations like this you'll fashion a way out to disarm your captors when you consider it safe to do so.
This is an act worthy of national honour, not the society glorifying the thieves and oloshos

23 Likes

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by jeromestarks: 7:57am On Dec 20, 2022
Tokskob2008:
Na brave babe she be jare...... She no be like all those ones with 200k wig covering empty skull.
Those ones na human beings?
Na only toto be dia weapon.

15 Likes

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by AbujaCitiBlog: 7:57am On Dec 20, 2022
dre11:

Daring female traveller wrestles Plateau kidnappers, escapes

https://punchng.com/daring-female-traveller-wrestles-plateau-kidnappers-escapes/?amp

Nlfpmod

extremely brave! Imagine a woman leading men. Men of this generation have become water! Chai

10 Likes

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by SporaD8: 7:58am On Dec 20, 2022
Munzy14:

I like your mindset.
...not everyone knows what you know. If I have the opportunity to take down just one, I will die a happy man knowing fully well I drag the modafvka with me.
I will be waiting patiently for that feather man that will tell me to forgive a murder!

15 Likes

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by NotKnown: 8:01am On Dec 20, 2022
Nice
Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by faceland: 8:11am On Dec 20, 2022
Bravery... but next time please keep the weapon (both as a trophy and defense against future criminal attack).

11 Likes

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by Baronthecelebri: 8:15am On Dec 20, 2022
I love her

14 Likes

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by dnawah(m): 8:16am On Dec 20, 2022
Rikze:
shocked

What a brave woman...

for this hungry country?hustle go gree ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by kingthreat(m): 8:25am On Dec 20, 2022
That lady is brave. She should be employed into the armed forces with a good salary ASAP.

11 Likes

Re: 29-year-old Lady Disarms Kidnapper Of AK-47 Rifle, Frees 3 Victims In Plateau by okrikaboi: 9:04am On Dec 20, 2022
We can make a good movie with this I go like hear the full story

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

16-Year-Old Yahoo Boy, 28 Others Arrested For Internet Fraud In Owerri (Photo) / Sunday Meshioye Commits Suicide: UNILAG Staff Drinks Sniper (Graphic Photos) / Handsome Cultist Shot Dead In Awka (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.