Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself (6406 Views)

Three Things Many Ignore About Genesis 1:1 / The Truth About Genesis / The Power Behind Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by dearone: 2:31pm On Aug 25, 2007
Read and repeat this book to discover the secret of your life!
***********************************************************************************************
Gen. 1:1-5. In the beginning God created the heavens and
the earth. And the earth was waste and void; and darkness
was upon the face of the deep: and the Spirit of God moved
upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be
light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it
was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And
God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.
And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

To understand the creation of the universe by God, we must know something of the character of God. Jesus said, "God is Spirit." The works of God, He said, were done in Him (Jesus) and through Him. "The Father abiding in me doeth his works." That God is an intelligent force always present and always active is the virtual conclusion of all philosophers, thus corroborating the statements of Jesus. God is eternally in His creation and never separate from it. Wherever there is evidence of creative action, there God is.

God is mind, and He created through His word or idea, and this is the universal creative vehicle. It is plainly stated in this 1st chapter of Genesis that "God

said." Jesus corroborated this creative power of the word or idea again and again. He said that His words were so powerful that if we let them abide in us we might ask whatsoever we would and it should be done to us.

God is a mind force carrying forward creation under mental law. That law may be known to anyone who will follow the example of Jesus. Jesus said, "Be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." This means that we should strive for the perfection that God is. We are the image and likeness of this great creative Mind, and being in a certain aspect of our mind just like it, we can through mental adjustment attain the same conscious unity that Jesus did.

God creates through the action of His mind, and all things rest on ideas. The idea back of the flower is beauty. The idea back of music is harmony. The idea back of day is light or the dispensation of intelligence.

This whole chapter is a statement of the creative ideas involved in the universe. It deals with involution. Evolution is the working out in manifestation of what mind has involved. Whatever mind commands to be brought forth will be brought forth by and through the law of evolution inherent in being. This applies to the great and the small. In mind there is but one.

The first step in creation is the awakening of man to spiritual consciousness, the dawning of light in his mind, his perception of Truth through the quickening of his spirit. Light is wisdom; and the first day's work is the calling of light or wisdom into expression. Light represents intelligence, and darkness represents undeveloped capacity. Symbolically these are "day" and "night."

The word God in this instance stands for Elohim, which is God in His capacity as creative power, including within Himself all the potentalities of being. The "beginning" indicates the first concept of Divine Mind. "Created" means ideated. The "heavens" is the realm of ideas, and the "earth" represents ideas in expression. Heaven is the idea and earth the mental picture. A comparison is found in the activity of our own mind: we have an idea and then think out a plan before we bring it forth.

Ferrar Fenton, the well-known student of Hebrew and Greek, says that the first verse should read: "By periods God created that which produced the Suns; then that which produced the Earth. But the Earth was unorganized and empty; and darkness covered its convulsed surface; but the breath of God vibrated over its fluid face." From this we are to understand that God created not the earth as it appears but that which produced the earth. Elohim, Spirit, creates the spiritual idea, which is afterward made manifest through Jehovah God.

The earthly thought was not yet clear. Harmony of form had not yet come into expression. "The deep" represents the capacity of the earth idea to bring forth. "The face of the deep" represents its intelligence. Understanding has not yet come into expression, and there is no apparent action. "The Spirit of God" or divine intelligence moved upon "the face of the waters." "Waters" here represents unexpressed capacities, the mental element out of which all is produced. Man is conscious of unexpressed capacities within himself, but only as he moves upon mind substance with intelligence are his inherent spiritual qualities molded into

forms. "Light" is intelligence, a spiritual quality. It corresponds to understanding and should precede all activity. At the beginning of any of our creating we should declare for light. Our declarations of Truth are instantly fulfilled in Spirit.

James says in his Epistle, "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights." The Evangelist John speaks of "the true light . . . which lighteth every man, coming into the world."

All that emanates from God is good. In the process of bringing forth our ideas we need a certain degree of understanding in order properly to regulate our thoughts. The light must be divided from the darkness, as in Divine Mind the light was separated from the darkness.

"Day" represents the state of mind in which intelligence dominates. "Night" represents the realm of thoughts that are not yet illuminated by the Spirit of God.

**********************************************************************************************
I will send the full book to you at your request, send your request to "team1eng2 at yahoo dot com"  with the subject "The source"
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by ricadelide(m): 3:14am On Aug 26, 2007
Orisirisi sad
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by batu: 9:43am On Aug 27, 2007
ricadelide:

Orisirisi sad

Orisirisi indeed!!! grin grin

@dearone,
look it is obvious that this teaching is from the camp of the 'Gnoists' who believe in "hidden this or that" and "this revelation or that" or this "secret or that secret" for "special people." Nothing other than 'confusion the mother of apostle confucius.' The good book has made us realise that the hidden mysteries of God from the foundation of the world has now been revealed to all; and there is no hidden secret from the knowledge of God. As such, nobody will have any excuse in the last days.
So, forget about all this nonsensicle gnostic teachings and seek the perfect knowledge of God that is revealed and is sweeping the whole earth.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by pilgrim1(f): 1:03pm On Aug 27, 2007
@dearone,

In as much as you're trying to help educate the community in this Forum on truths in Genesis, there are so many concerns that call for serious examination. I've no problem with people trying to benefit themselves and others from the Bible. What is the worrying trend is that so many people speak about some "hidden truth" and yet end up completely far from that truth. Let's see a few of them in yours.

dearone:

God is a mind force carrying forward creation under mental law.

This already simply misconstrues who God really is in Himself. God is not a "mind force", for what He has revealed about Himself is that He is Deity - GOD! As far as the Bible is concerned, God is WHO He says He is; and that revelation cannot be reduced to a mere "mind force" - for the people of the Biblical faiths (Judaism and Christianity) do not worship a mind force concept. You could just imagine the confusion for people like David to be praying Psalm 7:1 as "O Lord my 'mind force', in thee do I put my trust!" Or ask yourself whom Jesus came to reveal when He pointed us to the Father instead of a 'mind force' (John 4:23)!

dearone:

Ferrar Fenton, the well-known student of Hebrew and Greek, says that the first verse should read: "By periods God created that which produced the Suns; then that which produced the Earth. But the Earth was unorganized and empty; and darkness covered its convulsed surface; but the breath of God vibrated over its fluid face." From this we are to understand that God created not the earth as it appears but that which produced the earth. Elohim, Spirit, creates the spiritual idea, which is afterward made manifest through Jehovah God.

First, Ferrar Fenton was an English businessman who tried to pass himself off as a "well-known" student (of 'scholar') of the Biblical languages. Unfortunately, he could only appeal to people who have no idea what the Bible teaches!

Second, not all his 'translation' works actually say the same things. For example, the highlighted parts of his Gen. 1:1 translation that you gave do not really match with some other copies accredited to him. Let me quote you an online version of the same verse so you see the difference:

'By periods God created that which produced the Solar System; then that which produced the Earth.
But the Earth was unorganised and empty; and darkness covered its convulsed surface; while the breath
of God rocked the surface of its waters.'

You can see the highlighted words as they stand out in clear contrast, demonstrating the point I made.

Third, it is interesting that you've tried to contrast 'Elohim' the Creator to 'Jehovah God'. That's sadly unbalanced - because Elohim the Creator is one and the very same Jehovah God.

Quoting Genesis (or any other part of the Bible) in order to pass a message of "hidden truth" and yet arrive at something not taught in the Bible is quite an unhealthy exercise. Seek the truth of God's WORD - it's simple and does not need a so-called 'hidden truth' decoding to grasp.

Cheers.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by dearone: 2:02pm On Aug 27, 2007
You see, I am not promoting any sect or group, I understand that this book is something when read will help you relate to yourself better and forget about the argument and analysis that most people are traped with.

After all said and done what IS, IS, but for one to know what Is: what is not must give way.

This book is written by charles fillmore and titled the mystries of genesis.

My experience in life is that when the heart encounter truth there will never exist any argument. The Bible is a great book, and I think you will gain more as you relate most of the bible sayings to your own life.

The best I can say is follow your heart.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by pilgrim1(f): 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2007
@dearone,

No one is trying to deliberately whip up an argument. Let's just understand that error will be challenged - and I think that is what the several contributors here have done in their own ways.

Even if one were to smile and pass, it still doesn't mean that Charles Fillmore was presenting the truth of God or of Genesis. Why? For the first part, his assumption of who God is really takes away from the revelation that God has given of Himself in that same Genesis! God is NOT a "mind force" - He is infintely and altogether above that! He is the Creator and the Almighty!

Moving on from there, there should be no worries about the message anyone would want to share with others. But the moment one misses the revelation of who God actually IS, then it matters nothing what "hidden truth" such a person tries to present to others.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by cgift(m): 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2007
@dearone, in our quest to contain the spiritual, we have to be careful so that we do not mix issues up.

Were you inferring to Jesus when you said that "By periods God created that which produced the Suns; then that which produced the Earth."? IF is thn you are wrong. The mystery of Godliness states that God was manifested in the flesh in the new testament as Jesus. Bing God's Word, nobody knew Jesus, not evn angels until his conception by Mary. Jesus never existed as a person in the OT. He was in God, since you cant separate God from his word. So He was God. This might be difficult to comprehend anyway.

Simply put, God created the heavens and the earth by His Word (Jesus) not that Jesus created the heavens and the earth. You are also right in saying that there are truths embedded in the book of the beginnings, but those truths can be summarised to mean the workings of faith. See Heb 11:3.

We therefore are called, to grow in faith so that we too can make declarations (with God's kind of faith in Jesus) and have them the way we want them.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by dearone: 2:52pm On Aug 27, 2007
Thank you very much Pilgrim.

Word might have mutiple meanings, but the heart knows what its saying and why its saying what is said!, I am aware and do not have any doubt that God is the ominpresence. As you agree with me on that, then what is the case with "mind force" "universe" God and the rest.

The source of life is all and what ever you decide to call God, let it be what resonate with your heart. You see I just read that charles fillmore's book and its just amazing.

Still your mind will lead you better than any other book.

I love you all.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by pilgrim1(f): 3:18pm On Aug 27, 2007
@dearone,

Well, my love to you first and foremost.

Perhaps the reaosn why some of us have bothered to make contributions of sorts here is because people should be clear as to who they refer to as "God".

Think about it. How do we know that God is the Creator? Because He has revealed that He is such (Isaiah 40:28)

Again, how do we know that He is the Almighty? Because He revealed Himself so (Genesis 17:1).

But come to this: WHERE has God revealed Himself to be a "mind force"? NOT in one single verse of the Bible!

True, many people may speak of God in the way they relate with Him in their various experiences. I could call Him my "absolute ALL" - and I would have to be sure no one misunderstands me, nor would that be an effort to misrepresent His WORD.

However, when someone comes along and does two very quizzical things, we ought to query what that person is about. These two things (at least for me) are:

(a) misrepresenting the WORD in Genesis 1 by reference to a flawed "translation" which has been faulted by scholars!

(b) misrepresenting God by reference to esoteric ideas that is nothing other than New Age philosophy.

People should be clear that they don't misrepresent God in anyway - because the dangers are enormous.

Cheers all the same. smiley
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by dearone: 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2007
Pilgrim!

That is correct representing God for what God is not is false, God IS, that, I trust is the truth. Where I think one should look deeply is the understanding of God as the Omnipresence. With this single understanding "Ominipresence" and by the understanding that God IS, I do not worry about any attribute we give God.

What I think Charles Fillmore did in that book was to relate the book of Genesis to our own life, how it affects us, and what he thinks is the meaning.

Reading the book will defintely be a plus in this great journey of life.

Thank you again Pilgrim
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by Horus(m): 10:42pm On Aug 27, 2007

Isis

GENESIS: Is a combination of two elements. Gene [/b]and [b]Isis . Meaning every African on earth is an offshoot of Isis. Or having the gene or child of the god Isis. Isis is a female god. Truly, until now every one on earth came from a woman.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by cgift(m): 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2007
Horus:

GENESIS: Is a combination of two elements. Gene [/b]and [b]Isis . Meaning every African on earth is an offshoot of Isis. Or having the gene or child of the god Isis. Isis is a female god. Truly, until now every one on earth came from a woman.

this is just off the mark.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by dearone: 11:36am On Aug 29, 2007
Here is the Foreword to the book!

THE BOOK OF GENESIS is the key to the Bible. In the New Testament it is quoted twenty-seven times literally and thirty-eight times substantially. It tells in a very few words how God first imaged man and the universe and then turned the development over to Jehovah, who has been in a process of manifestation for ages and aeons.

The "Five Books of Moses," of which Genesis is the first, have always been credited to Moses, but that he was the author seems doubtful in the face of the many stories of creation found in the legends and hieroglyphs of ancient Egypt, Chaldea, and other nations that are almost identical with those of Genesis. It would thus seem that Moses edited the legends of the ages and compiled them into an allegorical history of creation.

As printed in English translations there is little to reconcile Genesis with creation as revealed by modern geology. It is said that Hugh Miller, the brilliant Scottish geologist, went insane in his efforts to reconcile Genesis with the geological record. However more accurate translations of the Hebrew show that the literal reading of the English is often not warranted by the original text. For example, the English Bible reads, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Fentons translation renders it thus: "By periods God created that which produced the Suns; then that which produced the Earth." When we realize that God is mind (Spirit-mind), we see that this latter rendition is correct. God creates the ideas that form the things. Here we have the key that unlocks not only the mysteries of Genesis but the whole Bible. God's creations are always spiritual. This includes the spiritual man, called Jehovah, through whom all things, including personal man, Adam, are brought into manifestation.

We ask our readers to dwell on this initial proposition until its truth is established in consciousness, because it is repeated over and over in both the Old and the New Testament. Jesus said, "I speak not from myself: but the Father abiding in me doeth his works." Jesus was here referring both to His personality, the external I, and to the inner spiritual entity that He named the Father, in Genesis called Jehovah.

Hebrew words are composite; they contain a variety of meanings, to be determined by the context. For example the Hebrew word yom, translated "day" in the English Bible, means "to be hot"; that is, with reference to the heat of the day as compared with the cool of the night. The word yom was also used to represent a period of time, an age.

It will readily be seen that the translator had a rich field of ideas from which to choose and that he could make his text historical or symbolical according to his consciousness. If he thought the original story was a statement of facts his translation would be to that end. The Pharisees of Jesus' time were condemned by Him for teaching the letter of the Scriptures and neglecting the spirit. The same charge can be brought today against those who study the Bible as history rather than as parable and idealistic illustration of the spiritual unfoldment of man.

The Bible veils in its history the march of man from innocence and ignorance to a measure of sophistication and understanding. Over all hovers the divine idea of man, the perfect-man pattern, the Lord, who is a perpetual source of inspiration and power for every man. Those who seek to know this Lord and His manifestation, Jesus Christ, receive a certain spiritual quickening that opens the inner eye of the soul and they see beyond the land of shadows into the world of Spirit.

The truths in this book will be revealed to you through your own spiritual unfoldment. Spiritual things are spiritually discerned. The spiritual revelations that you seem to get from books and teachers already existed as submerged experiences in your own soul. The essential truths have been worked out in this or previous incarnations, and when you were reminded of the buried idea it blazed forth as a light from without. So all that you are or ever will be must come from your own spiritual achievements.

"Seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

I can get the whole book from me, just send email to "team1eng2 at yahoo dot com"
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by pilgrim1(f): 1:26pm On Aug 29, 2007
dearone:

THE BOOK OF GENESIS is the key to the Bible. In the New Testament it is quoted twenty-seven times literally and thirty-eight times substantially. It tells in a very few words how God first imaged man and the universe and then turned the development over to Jehovah, who has been in a process of manifestation for ages and aeons.

Oh dear! Oh dear!! Oh dearie dear! undecided

Wait a mo. "God first imaged man and the universe and then turned the development over to Jehovah"

Does it then mean that Jehovah is different from God? shocked
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by cgift(m): 11:09am On Aug 30, 2007
i dey wonder too.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by dearone: 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2007
God is not different from anything, but your awareness and your personal attribute can be magnified through your own mind and thought, that does not make God any big nor less in any place or any moment. Remember God is omnipresence.

God is all and God's manifestation is observed by us in stages! so lets see what this book is still saying.

And thank you for pointing out what you percieved as error in this book!

Thank you
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by dearone: 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2007
Chapter I

Spiritual Man

Genesis 1

THE WORD genesis means "source" or "origin." It points to new birth and to the perfection of man in the regeneration. The law of generation is undoubtedly one of the mysteries in human consciousness. Men have probed with more or less success nearly every secret of nature, but of the origin of life they know comparatively nothing. In the matter of life we discover that the clues given us by our own experience point to intelligence as well as force. In other words, life falls short of its mission if it is not balanced by intelligence.

Man is constantly seeking to know the origin of both the universe and himself. But nearly all his research of a scientific nature has been on the material plane. As a rule, he has ascribed the beginning to matter, to atoms and cells, but much has eluded his grasp because their action is invisible to the eye of sense. Now we are beginning in the realm of mind a scientific search for the origin of all things. We say "scientific" because the discoveries that come from a right understanding of mind and its potentialities can be arranged in an orderly way and because they prove themselves by the application of their laws.

What is stated in the Book of Genesis in the form of allegory can be reduced to ideas, and these ideas can be worked out by the guidance of mental laws.

Thus a right understanding of mind, and especially of Divine Mind, is the one and only logical key to an understanding of the beginnings of man and the universe. In this book we have many symbols explained and their meaning interpreted, so that anyone who sets himself the task can understand and also apply to his own development the rules and laws by which ideas are related to one another and discover how they are incorporated into man's consciousness, thus giving him the key to the unfoldment of the primal ideas implanted in him from the beginning.

It is found that what is true in the creation of the universe (as allegorically stated in Genesis) is equally true in the unfoldment of man's mind and body, because man is the microcosmic copy of the "Grand Man" of the universe.

The Bible is the history of man. In its sixty-six books it describes in allegory, prophecy, epistle, parable, and poem, man's generation, degeneration, and regeneration. It has been preserved and prized beyond all other books because it teaches man how to develop the highest principle of his being, the spirit. As man is a threefold being, spirit, soul, and body, so the Bible is a trinity in unity. It is body as a book of history; soul as a teacher of morals; and spirit as a teacher of the mysteries of being.

The student of history finds the Bible interesting if not wholly accurate; the faithful good man finds in it that which strengthens his righteousness, and the overcomer with Christ finds it to be the greatest of all books as a guide to his spiritual unfoldment. But it must be read in the spirit if the reader is to get the lesson it teaches. The key to its spiritual meaning is that back of every mentioned thing is an idea.

The Bible will be more readily understood if the fact is kept in mind that the words used have both an inner and an outer significance. Studied historically and intellectually, the external only is discerned and the living inner reality is overlooked. In these lessons we shall seek to understand and to reveal the within, and trace the lawful and orderly connection between the within and the without.

Genesis, historically considered, falls into three parts: first, the period from the creation to the Flood; secondly, the period from the Flood to the call of Abraham; and thirdly, the period from the call of Abraham to the death of Joseph.

The 1st chapter describes creation as accomplished in six days, and refers to a seventh day of rest. There is no reason to believe that these days were twenty-four hours in length. "One day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." They simply represent periods of development or degrees of mind unfoldment.

Numbers are used throughout the Bible in connection with faculties or ideas in Divine Mind. There are twelve divine faculties. They are symbolized in the Old Testament by the twelve sons of Jacob and in the New Testament by the twelve apostles of Jesus. All of these have a threefold character: first, as absolute ideas in Divine Mind; secondly, as thoughts, which are ideas in expression but not manifest; and thirdly, as manifestations of thoughts, which we call things. In man this threefold character is known as spirit, soul, and body. Therefore in studying man as the offspring of God it is necessary to distinguish between the faculties as they exist in the body. We find heaven to be the orderly arrangement of divine ideas within man's true being. Earth is the outer manifestation of those ideas, this manifestation being man's body.

In the 1st chapter of Genesis it is the great creative Mind that is at work. The record portrays just how divine ideas were brought into expression. As man must have an idea before he can bring an idea into manifestation, so it is with the creations of God. When a man builds a house he builds it first in his mind. He has the idea of a house, he completes the plan in his mind, and then he works it out in manifestation. Thus God created the universe. The 1st chapter of Genesis describes the ideal creation.

The 1st chapter shows two parts of the Trinity: mind, and idea in mind. In the 2d chapter we have the third part, manifestation. In this illustration all theological mystery about the Trinity is cleared away, for we see that it is simply mind, idea in mind, and manifestation of idea. Since man is the offspring of God, made in the image and likeness of Divine Mind, he must express himself under the laws of this great creative Mind. The law of manifestation for man is the law of thought. God ideates: man thinks. One is the completion of the other in mind.

The man that God created in His own image and likeness and pronounced good and very good is spiritual man. This man is the direct offspring of Divine Mind, God's idea of perfect man. This is the only-begotten Son, the Christ, the Lord God, the Jehovah, the I AM. In the 2d chapter this Jehovah or divine idea of perfect man forms the manifest man and calls his name Adam.

The whole of the 1st chapter is a supermental statement of the ideas on which evolution is based. Mind projects its ideas into universal substance, and evolution is the manifestation of the ideas thus projected. The whole Genesiac record is an allegory explaining just what takes place in the mind of each individual in his unfoldment from the idea to the manifest. God, the great universal Mind, brought forth an idea, a man, perfect like Himself, and that perfect man is potentially in every individual, working himself into manifestation in compliance with law.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Continue from the my first post.

I can send you the whole book at your request: email "team1eng2 at yahoo dot com"   

Subject: Genesis
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by pilgrim1(f): 8:40am On Aug 31, 2007
Hi dearone,

dearone:

God is not different from anything,

God is different from "anything", as we can't make God into anything or equate "anything" to God.

However, my question is not about God not being different from "anything". Rather, I asked if you agreed with the author (Charles Fillmore) that God and Jehovah were different in reference to his statement that: "God first imaged man and the universe and then turned the development over to Jehovah".

Here again:

pilgrim.1:

Wait a mo. "God first imaged man and the universe and then turned the development over to Jehovah"

Does it then mean that Jehovah is different from God?
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by dearone: 3:12pm On Aug 31, 2007
The student of history finds the Bible interesting if not wholly accurate; the faithful good man finds in it that which strengthens his righteousness, and the overcomer with Christ finds it to be the greatest of all books as a guide to his spiritual unfoldment. But it must be read in the spirit if the reader is to get the lesson it teaches. The key to its spiritual meaning is that back of every mentioned thing is an idea.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above statment is my understanding. Thank you.

Believing what somebody says and understanding what the person is saying is a great thing in life.

Thank you again.

With gratitude and blessing.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by batu: 8:54pm On Aug 31, 2007
Dearone wrote:

THE WORD genesis means "source" or "origin." It points to new birth and to the perfection of man in the regeneration

grin grin grin
Chei,,,,,this Pilgrim.1 sef, I never thought anybody would continue reading and responding to this load of 'gnostic' bunkun (sorry for being really direct). Just imagine, the book of Genesis was written in Hebrew originally, and Genesis in the original Hebrew translation is called "Bere'shit" which means the 'beginning' and NOT the source or origin. Source or Origin of what?
@poster; Before you start reading various book written by 'scholars' why not get a good grounding in the book of truth i.e the Bible otherwise it becomes so easy for you to be carried away by diverse philosophies such as the 'gnostic' ones you are reading.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by pilgrim1(f): 10:18pm On Aug 31, 2007
dearone:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above statment is my understanding. Thank you.

Believing what somebody says and understanding what the person is saying is a great thing in life.

Thank you again.

Even if not clear to me, I graciously acknowledge yours. Many blessings. wink
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by pilgrim1(f): 10:20pm On Aug 31, 2007
@batu,

batu:

grin grin grin
Chei,,,,,this Pilgrim.1 sef, I never thought anybody would continue reading and responding to this load of 'gnostic' bunkun (sorry for being really direct).

Lol. . . na wa for me! My small eyes too dey read wetin no concern me! grin
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by dearone: 1:09pm On Sep 01, 2007
batu, I'm glad you understand hebrew language and english, when you say the beginning, the source, or the origin, help me please, what is problem in them saying the same thing.

I checkt out Bere'shit', and it is actually the first word that started the book of Genesis, here is it.

1:1 Bere'shit' bara Elohim et hashamayim ve'et ha'arets. (In the beginning God created heaven and earth. ).

This is only for clarity.

I do not think that Charles Fillmore set out to contradict the bible or to say that what is written in the bible is not true, what I got from the book is that, humanity can live better if we can relate what is written in the bible to our own unfoldment and successful living.

That as we understand that we are all from the same source and can live together in love and in understanding. So sect, religion, group those not take us anywhere.

I strongly trust that love is the highest religion for us all.

Thank you for your explanation and may your heart lead you always.

To your success!
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by pilgrim1(f): 1:35pm On Sep 01, 2007
@batu, abeg allow me just this one small. . abeg. grin

Hi dearone,

dearone:

batu, I'm glad you understand hebrew language and english, when you say the beginning, the source, or the origin, help me please, what is problem in them saying the same thing.

They are not the same thing. "In the beginning" does not sound the same thing as "In the source". Are we missing something here?

If it's only a matter of trying to understand the meaning of either words, then we're sure to run into very confused inferences. However, when we try to consider the contexts that the Hebrew words appear even within Genesis itself, it becomes all the more obvious that they do not mean the same things.

An example: we know what Jacob meant when he referred to his firstborn Reuben as "my might, and the beginning of my strength" (Gen. 49:3). Of course, the patriarch could not have meant that Reuben was the source of his strength! Wouldn't that be going directly opposite in meaning to the Moses' song in Exo. 15:2 - "The LORD is my strength"?

dearone:

I do not think that Charles Fillmore set out to contradict the bible or to say that what is written in the bible is not true, what I got from the book is that, humanity can live better if we can relate what is written in the bible to our own unfoldment and successful living.

That as we understand that we are all from the same source and can live together in love and in understanding. So sect, religion, group those not take us anywhere.

I strongly trust that love is the highest religion for us all.

Okay. Appreciated. smiley

- - - -

Oya, batu. . . over to you now. grin
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by dearone: 2:15pm On Sep 01, 2007
Pilgrim, "I love how you but it, In the beginning is not the same thing as In the source", I think we are talking about semantics here.

I am aware that Charles fillmore did not start the book with In the source, He said that the word Genesis means "the source" or origin".

He did not say that the bible started with "In the source", I trust you will check the post again.

The Bible started with "In the beginning" Charles Fillmore, I think is saying that the book of Genesis is the source or the orgin of our spiritual unfoldment. (Not that the bible started with "In the beginning").

To your success!
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by pilgrim1(f): 2:29pm On Sep 01, 2007
@dearone,

I don't think it's all a matter of semantics - were that to be the case, I wouldn't even make further observations. But let me show you something that the distinction predictably highlights:

dearone:

The Bible started with "In the beginning" Charles Fillmore, I think is saying that the book of Genesis is the source or the orgin of our spiritual unfoldment. (Not that the bible started with "In the beginning"wink.

I don't want to be tedious on this issue, so I may simply have to leave it there. However, Genesis is not the "source" (or even the "beginning"wink of our spiritual "unfoldment". It records the beginning of our existence; but the true source of our spiritual lives is God Himself. Miss that, miss all.

That is why I'm concerned that Charles Fillmore has not filled us in on a balanced understanding of who God is in Himself. Little wonder that he speaks of God and Jehovah in terms of different Beings?

All the same, don't let me get in the way. I'm sure others would love for you to have the pleasure of posting Fillmore's material for their pleasure.

Enjoy.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by dearone: 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2007
Well said by Pilgrim, Genesis is not the source of our spiritual unfoldment, but it records the beginning of our existence.

That is correct, it is a record and in it is found our spiritual unfoldment in our creator God.

And charles fillmore, I think is correct when he wrote this:

You can chose what you prefer.

Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by Horus(m): 8:33pm On Sep 02, 2007
Genesis is not humanity’s start
Within many religious sects the first scroll is interpreted as Genesis, but in the Aramic (Hebrew) language it translates to “barashith.” The word barashith comes from the root word bara – meaning, “to reconstruct, or reconstruction.” In Ashuric/Syraic (Arabic), bara also means “to make” or “reconsruct” Not only is the word Genesis misinterpreted, the title of the scroll is translated incorrectly as “Sefer Maaseh Barashith,” “The Book of Creation.” However, the Aramic word ciphra means “scroll” and the correct translation should be "The Scroll of Reconstruction."
The title of the Scroll of Barashith in itself confirms the fact that Genesis is a recording of the reconstruction of the planet Earth, and replenishing of man, the refilling of Earth and not the original creation.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by batu: 5:08pm On Sep 03, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Pilgrim.1,,,,,she you see wetin I talk now, see what 'diverse philosophies' and interpretations lead to: I correctly described it as 'confusion the mother of confucius.' You just wan make I talk. Just see the following:

from horus grin grin
The title of the Scroll of Barashith in itself confirms the fact that Genesis is a recording of the reconstruction of the planet Earth, and replenishing of man, the refilling of Earth and not the original creation.
. I dont even know where to start here, where is the old earth that needed reconstruction, or the old empty earth that needed refilling and replenishing.??

From dearone;
I am aware that Charles fillmore did not start the book with In the source, He said that the word Genesis means "the source" or origin".
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No it does not, it mean the "Beginning". Simple

And then more from dearone about Genesis;
,,,,,,,,,,The key to its spiritual meaning is that back of every mentioned thing is an idea.

You can still see the 'gnostic' philosophy again as always, which is nothing more than devil's lie and attempt at confusion.

The key to the spiritual meaning of every single word in the Bible (Genesis to Revelation) is the true wisdom of God revealed by the Holy spirit through faith in Jesus Christ. Pure and Simple!!!! The moment you start looking for "an idea" makes you open to all sorts of 'idealism' confounded by the spiritual compass or philosophy of the writer.
Charles Filimore is confused about Genesis, the Bible and God; ,,,,,,,,,and Horus is another thing entirely grin grin
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by dearone: 8:23pm On Sep 03, 2007
Gen. 1:6-8. And God said, Let there be a firmament in the
midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the
waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters
which were under the firmament from the waters which were
above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the
firmament Heaven. And there was evening and there was
morning, a second day.

The second step in creation is the development of faith or the "firmament." The "waters" represent the unestablished elements of the mind.

The second day's creation is the second movement of Divine Mind. The central idea in this day's creation is the establishment of a firmament in the "midst of the waters" dividing the "waters from the waters." "Waters" represent unexpressed possibilities in mind. There must be a "firm" starting point or foundation established. This foundation or "firmament" is faith "moving upon" the unformed capacities of Spirit consciousness. The divine Logos--God as creative power--gives forth the edict "Let there be a firmament." The first step or "day" in creation involves "light" or understanding, and the second step, faith in the knowing quality of mind.

The word is instantly fulfilled in Spirit. "And God made the firmament." This does not refer to the visible realm of forms but to the mental image in Divine Mind, which deals only with ideas. In every mental state we have an "above" and a "below." Above the firmament are the unexpressed capacities ("waters"wink of the conscious mind resting in faith in Divine Mind. Below the firmament are the unexpressed capacities ("waters"wink of the subconscious mind.

The word "Heaven" is capitalized in this passage because it relates directly to Divine Mind. Faith ("firmament"wink established in consciousness is a state of perfect harmony, therefore "Heaven." Another degree of mind unfoldment has been attained. "And there was evening and there was morning, a second day." "Evening" represents completion, and the "morning" following represents activity of ideas.

Sorry, if you are getting all this wrong, there is no problem about it. Charles fillmore is telling us how What is written in Genesis can be related to our own life and help us live a greater life.

Not history, or word translation.

Thank you all!
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by dearone: 7:40pm On Sep 04, 2007
Gen. 1:9-13. And God said, Let the waters under the heavens
be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land
appear: and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth;
and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas:
and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let the earth put forth
grass, herbs yielding seed, and fruit-trees bearing fruit
after their kind, wherein is the seed thereof, upon the
earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass,
herbs yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing
fruit, wherein is the seed thereof, after their kind: and
God saw that it was good. And there was evening and there
was morning, a third day.

The third step in creation is the beginning of the formative activity of the mind called imagination. This gathers "the waters . . . together unto one place" so that the "dry land" appears. Then the imagination begins a great multiplication of forms and shapes in the mind.

The first day's creation reveals the light or inspiration of Spirit. The second day establishes faith in our possibilities to bring forth the invisible. The third day's creation or third movement of Divine Mind pictures the activity of ideas in mind. This is called expression. The formative power of mind is the imagination, whose work is here represented by the dry land. There is much unformed thought in mind ("the heavens"wink that must be separated from the formed.

In this proclamation "earth" is the mental image of formed thought and does not refer to the manifest world. God is Divine Mind and deals directly with ideas. "Seas" represents the unformed state of mind. We say that a man is "at sea" when he is in doubt in his mental processes. In other words he has not established his thoughts in line with the principle involved. The sea is capable of production, but must come under the dominion of the imagination.

Divine Mind images its ideas definitely and in every detail. The idea precedes the fulfillment. "Let there be" represents the perfect confidence necessary to demonstration.

Ideas are productive and bring forth after their kind. They express themselves under the law of divine imagery. The seed is within the thought and is reproduced through thought activity until thought habits are formed. Thoughts become fixed in the earth or formed consciousness. In Divine Mind all is good.

Again a definite degree of mind unfoldment has been attained. Man, in forming his world, goes through the same mental process, working under divine law. Jesus said, "The seed is the word of God."

You can get the entire content of this book, just send email to "team1eng2 at yahoo dot com" with the subject Genesis
Re: The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself by pilgrim1(f): 9:55pm On Sep 04, 2007
Horus:

Genesis is not humanity’s start
Within many religious sects the first scroll is interpreted as Genesis, but in the Aramic (Hebrew) language it translates to “barashith.” The word barashith comes from the root word bara – meaning, “to reconstruct, or reconstruction.” In Ashuric/Syraic (Arabic), bara also means “to make” or “reconsruct” Not only is the word Genesis misinterpreted, the title of the scroll is translated incorrectly as “Sefer Maaseh Barashith,” “The Book of Creation.” However, the Aramic word ciphra means “scroll” and the correct translation should be "The Scroll of Reconstruction."

Well, I think that issue has been addressed. I repost it below:

Telly B:

@Horus,

Horus link=topic=26406.msg1155447#msg1155447 date=1180485159:

Within many religious sects the first scroll is interpreted as Genesis, but in the Aramic (Hebrew) language it translates to “barashith.” The word barashith comes from the root word bara – meaning, “to reconstruct, or reconstruction.”

Don't try to cheat your readers (that is, if anyone ever pays attention to you these days). Aramaic and Hebrew are closely related languages; but they are two very distinct languages. You should have the decency of being honest to yourself before posting anything in a public Forum. See the following links for the distinctions:

Hebrew
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_language
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_Hebrew_language

Aramaic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aramaic_language
http://www.answers.com/topic/aramaic

Infact, the word bârâ' does not mean 'to reconstruct, or reconstruction'. It is indicative of either of two possible meanings:

(a) 'to open up', with its cognate Hebrew bârâ'q meaning 'lightning';

(b) depending on the special Hebrew marks one uses for the consonantal, it could mean:
-- (Qal) to shape or fashion
-- (Niphal) to be created
-- (Piel) to cut out/cut down
-- (Niphil) to make fat

Except for ch. 31:47 (which is a translation of a Hebrew place-name), Genesis itself was not written in Aramaic, but rather in the Hebrew langauge. So, you cannot take the name of the book out of its Hebrew distinctives and make it an Aramaic word in order to arrive at your slanted idea.The Hebrew word for Genesis is not 'b[b]a[/b]r[b]a[/b]shit', but rather 'ber[b]e[/b]shit' [בראשית (B'reshit or Bərêšîth)]. The word simply means "birth", "creation", "cause", "beginning", "source" or "origin" (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis ).

It therefore stands that Genesis is not what you misinterpreted it to mean (as you always do). It is that book of "beginnings", and not the tale of your lost 'black jesus'.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Sad Atheist! His Sad Assignment! / Practical Ways To Draw Near To God Through Faith. / If Adam And Eve Were First Humans How Did Other Races Come About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.