Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly (39423 Views)

CBN Increases Money Supply By 16.3% In June 2023 / Banks Raise ATM Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦‎200,000 / CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by gotnel: 8:06am On Dec 22, 2022
Theknowledge:
Tinubu shouldn't be allowed near our Treasury.

You see the way the old man take hand bribe to that aboki for that viral video- fear Tinubu with our money
Don't you understand?
Giving money to a disabled old man is now a bribe!
We must not politicise every action of politicians.
Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by CheapHomes1: 8:11am On Dec 22, 2022
tolue42:

Don't you understand a simple sentence ?

do you understand these questions?

Are you clearly telling us that APC is only known for anti people policies? simple yes or no

What exactly should Tinubu tell nigerians about voting for APC?

In your last sentence, is your grammar correct? simple yes or no

What has that got to do with the questions I asked?
Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by descartes400: 8:13am On Dec 22, 2022
My own is that the CBN governor must answer questions as per how the quality of the new Naira notes are so abysmally poor in quality compare to the older notes.
Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 22, 2022
Emefailure is a disappointment already not surprised, waiting for him to say the currency redesign was a farce. After all who takes Delta people serious?

Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by Donpenny(m): 9:03am On Dec 22, 2022
MrBroke:
Nigerians are confused, you guys who were complaining about this policy saying it's for their own selfish interest now that the limit has been increased same you guys are still complaining still saying the same thing. Nigerians no doubt has bullshit leaders but the citizens are just some confused wacky ass people who don't know right from wrong
most Nigerian are full of hate and fustrated. They often seen criticising government and any other public office holder as been smart. They lack the logic and patient to evaluate things around them. They mostly want sudden result, that's why they love miracles and magic alot

1 Like

Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by Innomach(m): 9:25am On Dec 22, 2022
Next is INEC and there BVA. That too shall be abandoned at the last minute.....
Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by grandstar(m): 9:48am On Dec 22, 2022
descarado:

The state of the naira has nothing to do with the cbn governor. Indices that makes currency strong isn't there. 100% the president's fault.

He was actually doing a fine job when Jonathan was there.

Yes, you're correct there. Buhari carries the blame. However, Emefiele should have had the backbone to curtail the presidents interference, tactfully and firmly.
Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by Bebigiby: 10:39am On Dec 22, 2022
There is need for total reversal as the policy is bad for Nigeria and will hurt the economy. If you want to know more see why CBN Cashless Policy Is Bad For Nigeria here -
https://www.nairaland.com/7474034/why-cbn-cashless-policy-bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by Ejaisky: 10:42am On Dec 22, 2022
The political class will always win.
Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by yemi1504: 11:49am On Dec 22, 2022
Elemosho478:
N500k for individuals’ — CBN increases weekly cash withdrawal limit after public outburst

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-cbn-increases-weekly-cash-withdrawal-limit-for-individuals-to-n500k/amp

At least, this is better. We are happy they heard our protests.
Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by yemi1504: 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2022
Itisallright:
They should have place it at 200k per week for individual and improve the network for online transactions, cashless can't work with this. Seems that they're confused...

You can say that again! Once bank networks improve especially at certain times of the month, people will start using online transactions more without being forced!
Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by yemi1504: 12:14pm On Dec 22, 2022
staga:

Today my ATM card was declined at several PoS terminals and nearly seized by an ATM. Card wey money full inside. Something I never experienced in any other country. In Senegal, I used to withdraw 100,000 CFAs (which was N80,000 at the time) at once. Not this useless N10,000 for another bank's ATM.

Is it on such a platform that cashless will be implemented?

Abi
Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by KennethEnyi(m): 12:38pm On Dec 22, 2022
Useless confused people
Going back to the problem again
U think say 500k no go suffice for ransom money ni?
Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by melexchi(m): 12:45pm On Dec 22, 2022
Normally the policy is a good one but out banking system is very poor banks will reck, Unemployment will rise because most unemployed youth are now into POS business
Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by lsoul: 1:59pm On Dec 22, 2022
melexchi:
Normally the policy is a good one but out banking system is very poor banks will reck, Unemployment will rise because most unemployed youth are now into POS business
pos businesses will boom

1 Like

Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by descarado: 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2022
grandstar:

He was actually doing a fine job when Jonathan was there.

Yes, you're correct there. Buhari carries the blame. However, Emefiele should have had the backbone to curtail the presidents interference, tactfully and firmly.
No, he don't have that power. He will be dismissed the next day. The judiciary is caged not to talk of cbn under the Presidency.
Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by ManirBK: 5:32pm On Dec 22, 2022
Itisallright:
They should have place it at 200k per week for individual and improve the network for online transactions, cashless can't work with this. Seems that they're confused...
daily withdrawal is how much?
Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by habsydiamond(m): 7:43pm On Dec 22, 2022
FireUpNow:

You are right and I also think that the CBN people failed to engage a wider consultation before making very hasty decision and also Nigeria is overly corrupt. As such the CBN cannot clean up the mess just like this
in short, this country belongs to the politicians and not the citizens

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by ManirBK: 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2022
tk4radi:
So,, the daily limit is still N20K for individuals? or is it now N100k.??

They didn't say anything about the daily limit
I think is 65000+
Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by FireUpNow(m): 8:51pm On Dec 22, 2022
habsydiamond:
in short, this country belongs to the politicians and not the citizens
Exactly and until the citizens realize the power they have by choosing the right people and voting wisely
Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by habsydiamond(m): 8:53pm On Dec 22, 2022
FireUpNow:

Exactly and until the citizens realize the power they have by choosing the right people and voting wisely
the effect of poverty on most of the masses will not let them see anything bad in this selling of votes. At the end of the day na suffering and lamenting dey end am
Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by Bintexx: 2:00pm On Dec 23, 2022
Can you explain how because I am already discouraged. I already had plans to start POS business in January but with this development, I am a bit confused.
Kindly throw more light please.

lsoul:
pos businesses will boom
Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by lsoul: 4:59pm On Dec 24, 2022
Bintexx:
Can you explain how because I am already discouraged. I already had plans to start POS business in January but with this development, I am a bit confused.
Kindly throw more light please.

the demand for pos withdrawal will be increased, as ATM will be dispensing only 200naira bill with 20k limit. Pos owners can easily withdraw over the counter 500k then sell for those who can't stand the queue on ATM galleries
Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by grandstar(m): 11:14pm On Dec 24, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Based on your last paragraph, its very possible that emefiele is being vindictive because of the way he was outwitted at the APC primaries

You are actually correct.

The policy is vindictive. I am he had calculated that he would win the presidential candidacy and the elections as well and become the president. That is the belief of every contestant, despite how delusional it seemed. He probably envisaged the first man from Delta state to win that coveted post.

Alas, it was not to be. With just the mention of his candidacy, there was a deafening uproar about the illegality of him contesting for office. It was also obvious that even if he resigned his post as the CBN head, he would get nowhere in the primaries.

He must have been pissed off, especially having spent so much buying brand new cars for his campaign. The next step was to introduce the poorly thought out Naira redesign and extremely restrictive cash withdrawal policies which caught everyone unawares, even the finance ministry.

Had he won the primaries, would he have introduced such a policy? I really doubt it. It would amount to him shooting himself in the face.
Re: CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly by lsoul: 4:10pm On Feb 10, 2023
lsoul:
pos businesses will boom
This I have saw grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abdurazak Isa Building Modular Refinery In Imo, Anambra. Invests N7bn / Photo: Who Can Tell The Source Of This Money? / GIFMIS Codes Needed For Payment Settlement On Remita.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.