Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,550 members, 7,850,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:22 AM

Poultry Business: Which One Should I Breed? Advice Me. Thanks. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Poultry Business: Which One Should I Breed? Advice Me. Thanks. (430 Views)

Can This Place Be Used For A Poultry Business? Please Advice Me. Thanks. / Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? / How To Reduce Feeds Cost In Poultry Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poultry Business: Which One Should I Breed? Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2022
Nairalanders, how are you? I need some advice from people on this forum. I want to take bold steps next year in my quest to become self employed. I have a facility that I want to use for poultry business. I believe it is the best business I can do for now. I am a teacher currently at a private secondary school in Ikorodu. I earn about 50,000 naira every month. I will post some pictures of the facility very soon. I believe I will do well in poultry farming because of my passion for it and because I grew up in a home where chickens were raised. Another reason is that that my not using the facility has led to the theft of the outer burglary of the place and some casement windows. I believe if I don't start doing something on the property, further thefts might occur.

So, which one do you think is better? Breeding day old cockerels and selling them off at six weeks old ( I have experience in this kind of poultry ) or breeding the cockerels to full maturity and selling them.

First Idea: rearing day old cockerels to 5-6 weeks and selling them off to people who will breed them to maturity.
Second Idea: Breed the cockerels to full maturity and sell them off directly to consumers.

I am also thinking of doing noilers on the side and breed them to sell at 6 weeks or to full maturity smiley. I don't want to breed broilers. I have no interest in broilers. What do you think? Which option do you think I should follow? Thanks.

Please let me hear from you, Nairalanders.

Re: Poultry Business: Which One Should I Breed? Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 4:37pm On Dec 23, 2022
If you are in this kind of business, can you let us read about your experiences smiley smiley smiley smiley? Which one pays better? Selling the cockerels of at 6 weeks or breeding them till maturity and selling them off? Can turkeys be bred in the same environment as cockerels? I am looking at breeding turkeys too and selling them off at 5-6 weeks old. I am not looking at breeding them to maturity. Please let me hear from you. Thanks.

Re: Poultry Business: Which One Should I Breed? Advice Me. Thanks. by FreshFarmAgro: 4:37pm On Dec 23, 2022
Why don't you mix and discover the answer first hand
Re: Poultry Business: Which One Should I Breed? Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 4:43pm On Dec 23, 2022
FreshFarmAgro:
Why don't you mix and discover the answer first hand

Thanks, Sir. I don't understand. Can you explain better?
Re: Poultry Business: Which One Should I Breed? Advice Me. Thanks. by StriveHard: 7:30pm On Dec 23, 2022
What about noilers? I heard they are easy to rear also
Re: Poultry Business: Which One Should I Breed? Advice Me. Thanks. by Redman44(m): 9:01pm On Dec 23, 2022
StriveHard:
What about noilers? I heard they are easy to rear also

Yes, I heard same too. I am looking at cockerels because they are rugged and less infected with diseases and can eat roughages apart from the normal feed. How much are day old noilers sold for? Do you have an idea of the price? Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

I Want A Connection With Benin Livestock Feeds Company. / 8 Tons Of Moringa Needed Urgently In Ikeja Lagos / Buy Rice At A Cheaper Rate For Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.