Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,085 members, 7,811,043 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me (836 Views)

Christ Embassy Has Raised 50 People From The Dead - Chris Oyakhilome / Christ Embassy Port Harcourt Ministry Centre Launches Reach Out Nigeria 2019 / Christ Embassy Celebrates 30th Anniversary (Before & After Photos Of Pastors) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by DeKen: 7:36pm On Dec 23, 2022
For about 3 years now (if not more), a Christ Embassy branch in Port Harcourt has been pestering me with unsolicited SMS and calls. The height of it all is changing my caller tune today to a Christ Embassy advert without my knowledge or consent. Can anyone advise me on how to get them to stop?

I’ve called some of the contacts they included in some of their SMS adverts for their programmes and also requested those that have called me to please delete my phone number from their database that I’ve never been a Christ Embassy member and some promised to do so but the SMSs didn’t stop. One actually argued with me and insisted that I was their member before so I shouldn’t be complaining. I explained to him that I’ve never lived in Port Harcourt neither have I attended any of their programmes in Port Harcourt before. He didn’t give me any promise like others.

Just this evening I received an SMS notification from MTN that my CHRIST EMBASSY corporate callertunez registration was successful. I never registered, requested, applied or opted for this. I now dialed my phone from another line and it played a Christ Embassy end of year programme advert for their programme on Trans Amadi road, Port Harcourt. The change of my caller tune is completely without my knowledge or consent.

I’m also surprised as to how MTN could allow this kind of action to be taken by a 3rd party without consent of their subscriber.
I’m so upset about this and want Christ Embassy Port Harcourt to stop pestering me. I’ve had enough of this.

Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by DeKen: 7:37pm On Dec 23, 2022
More

Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by NoahHadNoArk: 7:52pm On Dec 23, 2022
Someone you know is deliberately annoying you and having a laugh at it grin

All the best to you grin grin
Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by Righthussle: 8:10pm On Dec 23, 2022
Everything about this religion is money.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by DeKen: 1:50am On Dec 24, 2022
Some from as far back as 2020.

Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by missidy: 3:59pm On Dec 24, 2022
Lol, block or bar the number na.
Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by DeKen: 7:21pm On Dec 24, 2022
missidy:
Lol, block or bar the number na.
If you look at the messages you will see it's not one phone number and some are bulk SMSs. They've also changed my caller tunes without my consent.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by olaeffect(m): 11:28pm On Dec 24, 2022
The issue is that your particular number might have belonged to Christ Embassy in the past. They stopped using the number for long and MTN reassigned it to you.
You need to urgently sort this out with MTN.
When and how did you get the number?
Please treat as urgent because technically that number does not fully belong to you.
Hope you remember the issue of that guy that got a number that was previously used by one of Buhari's daughter.
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://punchng.com/man-arrested-for-using-phone-line-previously-owned-by-buharis-daughter/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiWxfSMp5P8AhW_i_0HHaCXAUkQFnoECAgQAg&usg=AOvVaw1zdQ90PCq4pkKGCvw0wMKJ

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by DeKen: 2:46am On Dec 25, 2022
The number has been mine long before they started reassigning numbers. I've been using the line as far back as 2005. That's about 17 years.

olaeffect:
The issue is that your particular number might have belonged to Christ Embassy in the past. They stopped using the number for long and MTN reassigned it to you.
You need to urgently sort this out with MTN.
When and how did you get the number?
Please treat as urgent because technically that number does not fully belong to you.
Hope you remember the issue of that guy that got a number that was previously used by one of Buhari's daughter.
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://punchng.com/man-arrested-for-using-phone-line-previously-owned-by-buharis-daughter/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiWxfSMp5P8AhW_i_0HHaCXAUkQFnoECAgQAg&usg=AOvVaw1zdQ90PCq4pkKGCvw0wMKJ

Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by olaeffect(m): 3:10am On Dec 25, 2022
DeKen:
The number has been mine long before they started reassigning numbers. I've been using the line as far back as 2005. That's about 17 years.

Ok.
Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by DeKen: 12:00am On Dec 26, 2022
Today I googled and found how to cancel the caller tunez.

I'm also looking at making a complain to Consumer Protection Council especially for the part where MTN would allow a 3rd party change a subscriber's caller tune without the subscriber's consent.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by DeKen: 9:12pm On Dec 26, 2022
See MTN's response to the issue. They deflected from the caller tunez issue which is the major one that I have problem with them to address the unsolicited SMS, advising I activate Do Not Disturb (DND).

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by Winner404: 9:37am On Dec 27, 2022
DeKen:
See MTN's response to the issue. They deflected from the caller tunez issue which is the major one that I have problem with them to address the unsolicited SMS, advising I activate Do Not Disturb (DND).
replied your Mail sir.
Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by ThothHermes: 10:36am On Dec 27, 2022
DeKen:
This is enough reason to sue MTN for emotional distress and other charges. It's time to cash out. Contact a lawyer ASAP.
Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by Lukuluku69(m): 10:59am On Dec 27, 2022
DeKen:
For about 3 years now (if not more), a Christ Embassy branch in Port Harcourt has been pestering me with unsolicited SMS and calls. The height of it all is changing my caller tune today to a Christ Embassy advert without my knowledge or consent. Can anyone advise me on how to get them to stop?

I’ve called some of the contacts they included in some of their SMS adverts for their programmes and also requested those that have called me to please delete my phone number from their database that I’ve never been a Christ Embassy member and some promised to do so but the SMSs didn’t stop. One actually argued with me and insisted that I was their member before so I shouldn’t be complaining. I explained to him that I’ve never lived in Port Harcourt neither have I attended any of their programmes in Port Harcourt before. He didn’t give me any promise like others.

Just this evening I received an SMS notification from MTN that my CHRIST EMBASSY corporate callertunez registration was successful. I never registered, requested, applied or opted for this. I now dialed my phone from another line and it played a Christ Embassy end of year programme advert for their programme on Trans Amadi road, Port Harcourt. The change of my caller tune is completely without my knowledge or consent.

I’m also surprised as to how MTN could allow this kind of action to be taken by a 3rd party without consent of their subscriber.
I’m so upset about this and want Christ Embassy Port Harcourt to stop pestering me. I’ve had enough of this.

Send STOP to 2442. It will block bulk Smash to your Line.

They can get your Number via many means. From Church members, even from your Service provider (who are Members of that Church, yes they are that desperate)

The funny thing is most of the messages sent to you is about Money.

To maintain Private Jet, Fry hair and maintain status quo requires a lot of brinkmanship.

Keep complaining though especially to your Service Provider

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by DeKen: 11:00am On Dec 27, 2022
ThothHermes:
This is enough reason to sue MTN for emotional distress and other charges. It's time to cash out. Contact a lawyer ASAP.
I know its enough reason to sue but I'm not sure I'm ready to spend the money to pursue the case. I'm more interested in having my peace. The emotional stress from Christ Embassy is even more. Receiving unnecessary notifications on your major line that you receive alerts can be stressful especially if you are expecting some money.

MTN later asked me to provide my phone number privately. I guess they were looking at deactivating the caller tunes which I'd already done.

I'm yet to receive response from FCCPC. May be they are already on holidays.

Let's see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by DeKen: 11:06am On Dec 27, 2022
Stop to 2442 will activate DND (do not disturb) which will prevent you from receiving all bulk SMSs including those that are important for you. That's not something I can afford to do.

Meanwhile some of the message are direct phone messages (ie not bulk SMS).

Lukuluku69:

Send STOP to 2442. It will block bulk Smash to your Line.

They can get your Number via many means. From Church members, even from your Service provider (who are Members of that Church, yes they are that desperate)

The funny thing is most of the messages sent to you is about Money.

To maintain Private Jet, Fry hair and maintain status quo requires a lot of brinkmanship.

Keep complaining though especially to your Service Provider

Cheers.
Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by ThothHermes: 11:36am On Dec 27, 2022
DeKen:

I know its enough reason to sue but I'm not sure I'm ready to spend the money to pursue the case. I'm more interested in having my peace. The emotional stress from Christ Embassy is even more. Receiving unnecessary notifications on your major line that you receive alerts can be stressful especially if you are expecting some money.

MTN later asked me to provide my phone number privately. I guess they were looking at deactivating the caller tunes which I'd already done.

I'm yet to receive response from FCCPC. May be they are already on holidays.

Let's see how it goes.
In cases like this, lawyers will usually not charge until they win the case. Their fee will typically be a percentage of your settlement.
I know it's Nigeria and everything can be upside down though.
Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by Lukuluku69(m): 11:41am On Dec 27, 2022
DeKen:
Stop to 2442 will activate DND (do not disturb) which will prevent you from receiving all bulk SMSs including those that are important for you. That's not something I can afford to do.

Meanwhile some of the message are direct phone messages (ie not bulk SMS).

Very true with the 2442.

As for the direct phone messages, what you can do in the interim is to block them and since they are quite a number, you will encounter some difficulties.

Well, there are some irritants we all live with I guess this is one of them for you until they decide on not bothering you anymore.
Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by Truvelisback(m): 12:30pm On Dec 27, 2022
DeKen:

It's likely that someone gave them a wrong phone Number. Just igore.
Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by DeKen: 1:13pm On Dec 27, 2022
Truvelisback:
It's likely that someone gave them a wrong phone Number. Just igore.
Likely the case but how do I ignore constantly receiving these messages for 3 years now and counting. When they have a programme I may receive 4 messages a day.

One way or the other I'll have to get them to stop.
Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by DeKen: 1:15pm On Dec 27, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Very true with the 2442.

As for the direct phone messages, what you can do in the interim is to block them and since they are quite a number, you will encounter some difficulties.

Well, there are some irritants we all live with I guess this is one of them for you until they decide on not bothering you anymore.

I'll keep looking for a way to stop them. Thanks for your input.
Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by Truvelisback(m): 1:16pm On Dec 27, 2022
DeKen:

Likely the case but how do I ignore constantly receiving these messages for 3 years now and counting. When they have a programme I may receive 4 messages a day.

One way or the other I'll have to get them to stop.
Just delete them. It's a minor thing.
Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by DeKen: 1:21pm On Dec 27, 2022
Truvelisback:
Just delete them. It's a minor thing.

I've been ignoring for about 3 years now till they went a step further to change my caller tunes. I can't keep ignoring like that. I don't know what they'll do next.
Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by Truvelisback(m): 1:24pm On Dec 27, 2022
DeKen:

I've been ignoring for about 3 years now till they went a step further to change my caller tunes. I can't keep ignoring like that. I don't know what they'll do next.
Call ur network provider and report abt ur caller tones issues to them. They will sort it out.
Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by DeKen: 8:58pm On Dec 27, 2022
Caller tune has already been canceled.
Truvelisback:
Call ur network provider and report abt ur caller tones issues to them. They will sort it out.
Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by Truvelisback(m): 9:05pm On Dec 27, 2022
DeKen:
Caller tune has already been canceled.
Alright.
Re: How Do I Get Christ Embassy Port Harcourt To Stop Pestering Me by DeKen: 9:19pm On Dec 27, 2022
The MTN guy keeps dodging my complain that has to do with MTN but instead focuses on telling me how to activate selective Do Not Disturb. But that is not my issue with MTN. He says my contact does not have active Value Added Service (VAS). But I believe the SMSs I get are simple bulk SMS which I believe is not VAS. So I guess there's no way to stop that from MTN's end. Christ Embassy would need to remove my contact from their bulk SMS list.

MTN needs to address why Christ Embassy could change my caller tune without my consent. So far the support guy has been dodging from addressing that.

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of Eddy Nawgu / [Update] Eternal Verities [Part Fourteen] / Lies Are My Hobbies: Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.