Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,539 members, 7,847,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:27 PM

Prayers Work - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayers Work (2016 Views)

Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? / What Really Makes Prayers Work / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prayers Work by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

They actually repented first before they prayed

Question for you guys? We have the Muslim who pray 5 times a day ? Do God answers them since they do not believe Jesus Christ? In fact some Muslim do not joke with prayers. My uncle is a proper Muslim and yet He can tell me the number of time He prayed and his prayers are answered. What are your take if a Muslim tell you so that his prayers are answered
Re: Prayers Work by Dtruthspeaker: 4:26pm On Dec 26, 2022
Abi1985:

Question for you guys? We have the Muslim who pray 5 times a day ? Do God answers them since they do not believe Jesus Christ? In fact some Muslim do not joke with prayers. My uncle is a proper Muslim and yet He can tell me the number of time He prayed and his prayers are answered. What are your take if a Muslim tell you so that his prayers are answered

Common sense and Mathew 6:7 already tells us that God does not answer prayers because you prayed a lot.

1 Like

Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 5:26pm On Dec 26, 2022
Abi1985:

What is your religion? What prayer was not answered? There is nothing foolish praying to God. God answers prayer according to his perfect will and if God does not answer your prayers, trust God at his will. For example I remember I did not study well for exam , I pray to God to pass but I failed. I was not happy I failed. Failure did not stop me from believing God. Intact I got better after failing and study better and passed the class.
Pray without cease and stop get closer to God. Have faith and trust God is good, no dey beef God because of some unanswered prayer, He love you. Na Satan dey make God look evil when the God is Merciful.

When you say God: you know God means different things to different people. To the pantheists when you say God: they actually believe God to be everything including cows, mountains soil and waters; to the deist, they believe in a God who is not actively present in the life of no-one; to some, they believe in the God of spinoza, some believe God to be energy, some believe God to be the Universe, some believe God to be A personal God(I meant some believe in the anthropomorphic God), while some believe God to be pure human consciousness (according to quantum physics which sets the premise that the whole universe came into being from thoughts) while as a kid, you know, I never really had any friend because I was too reserved. That actually lead me into reading many books. I could remember my mom bought me this small Bible back then, I read it and read it and read it like 40times..lol, funny huh? I've read a lot of religious books, just too many of them. And by now, if I do not understand how religion works then all the books, what? I guess I read in vain. I don't wanna borrow from Karl Marx who said that religion is the opium of the people. I believe that miracle exists, but I understand too well that miracle exists outside the concept of a God, as even people who do not know God can point to one or two many miracles in their lives. And miracles are by far not a proof of the existence of any God. Especially now that we understand cosmology and quantum mechanics. So basically I really do not have any beef with any God whatsoever. As I do not pray for anything or pray to anything. From pure common sense, we've understood that the laws of the universe are more powerful and more potent, for instance, the law of gravity. Whether you are a good person, or a bad person, or believer or non believer. If you fall, gravity must definitely act upon you and you will surely hit the ground. However I'm a strong advocate of the law of giving and receiving, sowing and reaping or the law of karma as some would love it. Quantum physics makes us understand that we all are fractions of different frequencies of vibrations of energy, that is, we belong to the same universal energy which is the Universe itself. And basically speaking, the understanding of our position in the universe, cosmology and research has helped our consciousness and science can only be relied upon to further guide and launch us into the future of consciousness. To me, if there is anything like God, I guess it should be consciousness, the fact that science had contributed massively into the advancement of consciousness is really being underestimated, scientist like Marie Cutie died in her laboratory while in research, many more like that have lost their lives while trying to provide a means of advancement for the future of humanity. Religion has indeed brought nothing into this civilization other than massacres, genocides war, tumult and division. Just imagine a world without religion. A world where everyone devotes their time into critical thinking and research, I'm sure by now, a teleporter would have been developed and a time travel machine would have been accessible to almost everyone. Instead of some funny scenario of an 80 year old man crying my father my father in some well organized money making organization
Re: Prayers Work by Dtruthspeaker: 5:33pm On Dec 26, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:
... The fact that I do not worship your God suddenly makes me a demon or a spawn of Satan...

Respectfully, you know the Truth is that I did not say this because you are anti-God, but because I know you women are very very evil. Your thoughts and actions are always wicked and that you are always having one evil plan or the other which cumulates into a stealing, killing, destroying, causing tears and sorrows.

Like this young devil, who is already doing this wickedness even while she is still young. Therefore, how many tears and pains would she have caused by the time she is 40?

https://www.nairaland.com/7497362/what-happening-gender#119447432

And I am certain you are older than her.

FRANCISTOWN:
... in my quest to understand this so called God, I've read too many books, just too many books, and in a book titled "A catalogue of Gods" it's said that humans have worshipped more than 30,000 Gods since the first hominids appeared on the surface of the earth...

This is you choosing to play god searching like a person looking for a car to buy whereas what God has done is that you grew up knowing only 1 or maybe 3 gods but you saw that out of them 1, seems to be the greatest. You saw that growing up.

But as you grew and as you saw what was going on you bought the idea of playing god search, hence your discovery of thousands of other options of gods.

FRANCISTOWN:

. I'm sure even if truly your God is real and as merciful as y'all potray him, it will be so unjust of Him to punish me simply because I do not believe him, He has not given me any basis to believe him, I've never heard him, neither seen him nor felt him at all.

He is not punishing you because you do not believe in Him but because you did a wickedness and evil which you knew not to do.

And that the people who you have done evil too are crying for "just is". And the "just is" is that you must get the same quantity of pain and sorrow as you have given.

Whether you believe in God or you refuse to, it is immaterial for you already know to do the good and flee from evil.
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 5:59pm On Dec 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Respectfully, you know the Truth is that I did not say this because you are anti-God, but because I know you women are very very evil. Your thoughts and actions are always wicked and that you are always having one evil plan or the other which cumulates into a stealing, killing, destroying, causing tears and sorrows.

Like this young devil, who is already doing this wickedness even while she is still young. Therefore, how many tears and pains would she have caused by the time she is 40?

https://www.nairaland.com/7497362/what-happening-gender#119447432

Whoa! This is dark... Well I'm a strong believer of morals and social values and I uphold discipline, however I'm not ignorant to not be aware that HUME argues that an individual actions are only determined to be moral or immoral based on how they affect others and not how they affect individuals. But this does not state that the lil girl does not believe in any sorts of God, there are christians, Muslims and many other religious belivers who engage themselves in prostitution, scams and many more evils unimaginable. So religion is not a basis for living a pious life

Dtruthspeaker:

This is you choosing to play god searching like a person looking for a car to buy whereas what God has done is that you grew up knowing only 1 or maybe 3 gods but you saw that out of them 1, seems to be the greatest. You saw that growing up.

I didn't know, so I really wanted to know, and I bumped into a lot of things that opened my mind. Lemme ask you a question? How many times have you read the whole Bible? And how many times have you read your own mind?

Dtruthspeaker:

He is not punishing you because you do not believe in Him but because you did a wickedness and evil which you knew not to do.

Well I have not done evil to anyone, I am a lover of humanity, I love my fellow human being just as I love myself, because science has made me understand that we are all interrelated and we are products of the same universal energy which is the Universe. That makes me understand that, when I do bad to others, I'm also doing bad to myself. And I don't go about judging or criticizing anyone over baseless assumptions

Dtruthspeaker:
Whether you believe in God or you refuse to, it is immaterial for you already know to do the good and flee from evil.

Well like I've said up there, I'm a strong advocate of the law of Karma, that's the way the universe is, whatever bad thing you do, there is a higher probability that it will come back to you. Stay jiggy
Re: Prayers Work by Kobojunkiee: 7:30pm On Dec 26, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:
1. Let's be strict in reasoning sir.

2. When you say obedience, it can as well be likened to righteousness, but first of all, your Bible says

3. "no one was saved by work(in other words, by their own righteousness or obedience), but by Grace". Basically your Bible that you read says in Romans 3: 10-downward: verse 10 now: "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" also in Psalms 130: 3-4 If You, Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But there is forgiveness with You, that You may be feared.” . If you said people's prayers are not being answered due to disobedience, then that statement in itself gives the basis to refute these Bible verses: Eph 1:7-8, Eph 4: 32, Col3 :13, Psalms 86:5, Psalms 103:12, 1 John 1:9, Heb 8:12, Isaiah 43:25, Heb 10:17 because these Bible verses stress that God is able to forgive anyone who goes to Him, however your Bible says anyone who goes to your God is no more a sinner but the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus; old things are passed away and all things are now new. Now let's assume that col 13:4 is an exaggeration...

4. I believe any Christian who wants to pray must firstly ask for forgiveness of sins. As your God who is a merciful God according to the above listed Bible verses,such person will be forgiven, which makes such an eligible recipient of answers.

5. Not to talk about self conflicting Exodus 34:6-8 "And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, 7 maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.”
1. Good idea! undecided

2. Wrong! Obedience simply means obedience to God's direct teachings and commandments, for us, in Jesus Christ. undecided

3. The "bible" does not say anything since it is instead a compendium of books, a library, and nothing more. Also, always pay close attention, when reading, to the context of salvation as mentioned. What were those referred to saved from? Well, Paul, whose statement you quoted, made clear in the context of the passage that salvation was granted from the following of the Old Covenant Law of Moses -- the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel - by the receiving of the free gift of eternal life from Jesus Christ at the moment one gains access into the Kingdom of God. In Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20, it is made clear that Eternal life is the reward at the end of a life spent in submission and obedience to the Old Law. However, the same Eternal life is instead given as a free gift to all those who believe in Jesus Christ. So Paul's explanation to His fellow Israelites was that in Jesus Christ eternal life was a free gift and not a reward as a result of works. However, Paul never suggested that once one gained access to the Kingdom of God — in addition to the gift of eternal life— that no work was required. No, in the Kingdom of God, only those who stand faithful —living their lives in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ —until the end will be saved from eternal damnation in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Mark 13 vs 13 & Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46. undecided

4. I don't agree! God is a merciful God but God will never bend His Law in order to accommodate any man. Regarding forgiveness, for example, there are rules as to how to obtain even that. God only forgives those who obey those laws. So, yes, God is merciful but God is not your fool. undecided

5. Again, the Law of Moses was given as the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel which God constituted of the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan. So, never quote from that Law at anyone who instead subscribes to Jesus Christ who is instead God's Constitution in the Kingdom of God. Those are two different contexts — Two different Covenants/Laws servings as National Constitutions in two different Kingdoms. In much the same way you would never quote the American Constitution at someone living in Nigeria, you should also never quote the Law of Moses at anyone who believes in Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Prayers Work by Kobojunkiee: 7:43pm On Dec 26, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:
1. I don't understand how someone who is merciful will visit the iniquities of the father on the innocent children, this is just as saying that because a father commits murder, then his children until the fourth generation will do the time.

2. The likes of Elon, Bill, and many of the world billionaires do not believe in any God(they do not obey Him, they do not even pray), yet they have been able to achieve so much, with a philanthropic attitude. If this? Then it means that success is not directly proportional to your allegiance to this so called God.

3. Professor Albert Einstein of blessed memory is arguably the greatest scientist in the world, most of his theories came from mere thinking and without experiments, if he were a Christian, many of these churchians would have said , God gave him the inspiration. Now it is evident that wisdom or clairvoyance can be achieved without your God , which actually renders John 3: 27 useless as it says "A man can receive nothing, unless it has been given him from heaven" however if you argued further that God still made them have so much exploits , we may begin to question the integrity and loyalty of your God, as why he would leave people who obey him, and decided to bestow such exploits on those who do not. However if you said God wasn't responsibile for their exploits. Then it is reasonable to say something else is responsible, which infact means that, God is not responsible for everything in life, which means He doesn't have all the power therefore not omnipotent. You are free to criticize me. We have seen people who pray to themselves yet they received what they prayed for, and we've seen people who prayed to a sort of God and ended up being disappointed, without departing from logic sir, what can we make of this?
1. Again, that God is merciful does not mean God is anyone's chump. God in His Wisdom decided to visit the iniquities of the sons of the fathers as a way to deter the fathers from disobeying His Constitution in the Nation of Israel - the Law of Moses. undecided

2. God never said men could not achieve wealth and fame of their own outside of Him so why, in the first place, do you assume that the likes of Elon, Bill, and all other world billionaires must first have God to obtain wealth and fame in this world?undecided

3. Look, kindly abandon all the tales you have been fed from infancy by what are religious men out there, and pick up a copy of scripture to read for yourself, so you can more reasonably approach what is in fact written in the scripture of God and His Ways. Nowhere is it stated in scripture that only those who belong to God have intelligence, knowledge, wisdom, fame, fortune, etc. in this world. That idea is not scriptural but instead born from delusions and theories of men. Though it is written that God pours out His mercy on all of mankind regularly, it remains that the bulk of scripture indicates that only those who are of the blood of Israel can in fact serve/obey any of His Laws. So, if you indeed want to be reasonable in your debating of ideas, I suggest you at least learn to separate facts of scripture from the fictional ideas you harbor there. undecided
Re: Prayers Work by Dtruthspeaker: 11:43pm On Dec 26, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:
... But this does not state that the lil girl does not believe in any sorts of God,..

He/she does not believe that does not live according to his/her belief.

FRANCISTOWN:
Lemme ask you a question? How many times have you read the whole Bible?

I am still on my way to read the whole Bible once and I am still at Leviticus 8 or so.

FRANCISTOWN:
And how many times have you read your own mind?

It's my mind, there is nothing to read.

FRANCISTOWN:
Well I have not done evil to anyone, I am a lover of humanity, I love my fellow human being just as I love myself,..

Your picture here has just killed one simple boy somewhere.
Re: Prayers Work by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 27, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

When you say God: you know God means different things to different people. To the pantheists when you say God: they actually believe God to be everything including cows, mountains soil and waters; to the deist, they believe in a God who is not actively present in the life of no-one; to some, they believe in the God of spinoza, some believe God to be energy, some believe God to be the Universe, some believe God to be A personal God(I meant some believe in the anthropomorphic God), while some believe God to be pure human consciousness (according to quantum physics which sets the premise that the whole universe came into being from thoughts) while as a kid, you know, I never really had any friend because I was too reserved. That actually lead me into reading many books. I could remember my mom bought me this small Bible back then, I read it and read it and read it like 40times..lol, funny huh? I've read a lot of religious books, just too many of them. And by now, if I do not understand how religion works then all the books, what? I guess I read in vain. I don't wanna borrow from Karl Marx who said that religion is the opium of the people. I believe that miracle exists, but I understand too well that miracle exists outside the concept of a God, as even people who do not know God can point to one or two many miracles in their lives. And miracles are by far not a proof of the existence of any God. Especially now that we understand cosmology and quantum mechanics. So basically I really do not have any beef with any God whatsoever. As I do not pray for anything or pray to anything. From pure common sense, we've understood that the laws of the universe are more powerful and more potent, for instance, the law of gravity. Whether you are a good person, or a bad person, or believer or non believer. If you fall, gravity must definitely act upon you and you will surely hit the ground. However I'm a strong advocate of the law of giving and receiving, sowing and reaping or the law of karma as some would love it. Quantum physics makes us understand that we all are fractions of different frequencies of vibrations of energy, that is, we belong to the same universal energy which is the Universe itself. And basically speaking, the understanding of our position in the universe, cosmology and research has helped our consciousness and science can only be relied upon to further guide and launch us into the future of consciousness. To me, if there is anything like God, I guess it should be consciousness, the fact that science had contributed massively into the advancement of consciousness is really being underestimated, scientist like Marie Cutie died in her laboratory while in research, many more like that have lost their lives while trying to provide a means of advancement for the future of humanity. Religion has indeed brought nothing into this civilization other than massacres, genocides war, tumult and division. Just imagine a world without religion. A world where everyone devotes their time into critical thinking and research, I'm sure by now, a teleporter would have been developed and a time travel machine would have been accessible to almost everyone. Instead of some funny scenario of an 80 year old man crying my father my father in some well organized money making organization

Science has it limits , can't explain and there is a reason-God. The theory of evolution is trash; it is a lame excuse to dismiss the origin of life. Life comes from God- Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. The Laws of gravity and the physical laws on earth all point to God. I can promise you that there will never be a time travel machine like the sci-fi movies show because God is the inventor of time- He is the alpha and the omega. The beginning and the end. Man will never pass the speed of light with all the advancement of science in 1000 years except of supernatural help. All those space movie where a spaceship go to another galaxy in minutes after traveling light years distance is an impossibility and will always be impossible. How the Sun just keep shining without running out of fuel? Anyway atheist will keep believing there is no God. T
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 10:52am On Dec 27, 2022
Kobojunkiee:

1. Good idea! undecided

2. Wrong! Obedience simply means obedience to God's direct teachings and commandments, for us, in Jesus Christ. undecided
So do you say that you obey your Jesus 100%? Even your favorite apostle of grace in Romans 7:15-29 reconciled to submission that he found himself doing that he promised not to do
Kobojunkiee:

3. The "bible" does not say anything since it is instead a compendium of books, a library, and nothing more. Also, always pay close attention, when reading, to the context of salvation as mentioned. What were those referred to saved from? Well, Paul, whose statement you quoted, made clear in the context of the passage that salvation was granted from the following of the Old Covenant Law of Moses -- the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel - by the receiving of the free gift of eternal life from Jesus Christ at the moment one gains access into the Kingdom of God. In Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20, it is made clear that Eternal life is the reward at the end of a life spent in submission and obedience to the Old Law. However, the same Eternal life is instead given as a free gift to all those who believe in Jesus Christ. So Paul's explanation to His fellow Israelites was that in Jesus Christ eternal life was a free gift and not a reward as a result of works. However, Paul never suggested that once one gained access to the Kingdom of God — in addition to the gift of eternal life— that no work was required. No, in the Kingdom of God, only those who stand faithful —living their lives in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ —until the end will be saved from eternal damnation in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Mark 13 vs 13 & Matthew 25 vs 40 - 46. undecided
This kingdom of God that you are talking about sir, when is it? And where is it located? The Bible that you carry around states pedagogically that "it is appointed unto man to live once, and after; judgement. But I suggest you read on the story of Shanti Dhevi(lugbi Dhevi) from India, and if you could lay your hands on the book, many lives one master, this will become clearer as I am too lazy to type plenty words
Kobojunkiee:

4. I don't agree! God is a merciful God but God will never bend His Law in order to accommodate any man. Regarding forgiveness, for example, there are rules as to how to obtain even that. God only forgives those who obey those laws. So, yes, God is merciful but God is not your fool. undecided
Your God says He is merciful, now all of a sudden, he wouldn't bend his laws. As your Bible always print humans to be full of wickedness, I've never seen a wicked judge that will sentence a child for the crimes of ha parents. You can't wriggle out of this, there is no justification for this. Whether bending rules or bending air or waters as Avatars
Kobojunkiee:

5. Again, the Law of Moses was given as the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel which God constituted of the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan. So, never quote from that Law at anyone who instead subscribes to Jesus Christ who is instead God's Constitution in the Kingdom of God. Those are two different contexts — Two different Covenants/Laws servings as National Constitutions in two different Kingdoms. In much the same way you would never quote the American Constitution at someone living in Nigeria, you should also never quote the Law of Moses at anyone who believes in Jesus Christ. undecided
did you even realise the implications of that you just said, it means that your God didn't really plan out the whole thing and the all of a sudden he changed his mind from the old testament ordinance and presented a new testament. I'm sorry if this sounded offensive. But do you really think, A God wouldn't have things all planned out from initial rather than change his mind halfway? Anyways, archeological facts, discoveries and literature have made us realise that, the 5 books of Moses were in fact not written by Moses himself and that those books were written hundreds of years after the man Moses died. Again there is no proof that The Isrealites were slaves in the land of Egypt. Yes! There is proof that there is a land in Egypt that must have been inhabited by the Isrealites several years back in time, but the Isrealites were never slaves in the land of Egypt.(lemme just hold it here) I don't want to give these atheist guys reasons to flex their muscles on the truth.
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 11:17am On Dec 27, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
1. Again, that God is merciful does not mean God is anyone's chump. God in His Wisdom decided to visit the iniquities of the sons of the fathers as a way to deter the fathers from disobeying His Constitution in the Nation of Israel - the Law of Moses. undecided
In my honest opinion, this is the highest degree of hypocrisy. The whole thing never made any sense from the start, Adam and his wife sinned, so automatically I'll inherit their sins? Do you not find this extremely repugnant? According to your Bible, Adam and Eve lived about 9,700-9800 years ago. They were supposed to be the first people on earth. However a human fossil called Lucy who lived about 3.2 million years ago was discovered , Denivosans(who lived 200,000 years ago bones were uncovered in the Siberian cave. A human fossil(who lived about 13,000 years ago) was discovered in Iwo Eleru somewhere in South Nigeria . So all of a sudden, the creationist story is no longer credible. We move
Kobojunkiee:

2. God never said men could not achieve wealth and fame of their own outside of Him so why, in the first place, do you assume that the likes of Elon, Bill, and all other world billionaires must first have God to obtain wealth and fame in this world?undecided
If it is possible for us to achieve, wealth and Fame and success and protection and safety and love and fulfilment outside of God, then tell me why we need him? So he won't burn us in hell?
Kobojunkiee:

3. Look, kindly abandon all the tales you have been fed from infancy by what are religious men out there, and pick up a copy of scripture to read for yourself, so you can more reasonably approach what is in fact written in the scripture of God and His Ways. Nowhere is it stated in scripture that only those who belong to God have intelligence, knowledge, wisdom, fame, fortune, etc. in this world. That idea is not scriptural but instead born from delusions and theories of men. Though it is written that God pours out His mercy on all of mankind regularly, it remains that the bulk of scripture indicates that only those who are of the blood of Israel can in fact serve/obey any of His Laws. So, if you indeed want to be reasonable in your debating of ideas, I suggest you at least learn to separate facts of scripture from the fictional ideas you harbor there. undecided
I've read the new testament more than 40times sir, and the old testament 2 times, I almost couldn't finish it the second time, as I found too may things displeasing and annoying. Who ever brought about the new testament was wise enough to realize that they did a bad job in the old
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 11:26am On Dec 27, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

He/she does not believe that does not live according to his/her belief.

I am still on my way to read the whole Bible once and I am still at Leviticus 8 or so.
well I've read the whole new testament several times, and the old;one and a half time

Dtruthspeaker:

It's my mind, there is nothing to read.
Oh I see. It's evident

Dtruthspeaker:

Your picture here has just killed one simple boy somewhere.

you are getting it all wrong sir, so far so good, I've ever posted any picture
Re: Prayers Work by Kobojunkiee: 11:34am On Dec 27, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:
1. In my honest opinion, this is the highest degree of hypocrisy. The whole thing never made any sense from the start, Adam and his wife sinned, so automatically I'll inherit their sins?

2. If it is possible for us to achieve, wealth and Fame and success and protection and safety and love and fulfilment outside of God, then tell me why we need him? So he won't burn us in hell?

3. I've read the new testament more than 40times sir, and the old testament 2 times, I almost couldn't finish it the second time, as I found too may things displeasing and annoying. Who ever brought about the new testament was wise enough to realize that they did a bad job in the old
1. Your response makes no sense! What is instead written in scripture is that the consequence of Adam's choice was passed down to all of His descendants, the curse. Sin itself is not inherited. You would know this from the fact that written in pretty much the Genesis 4 is the story of Abel, Adam's son, who was recorded as a righteous man, a man who did not sin against God. undecided

2. Again, this is a question that is not based on what is in fact written in scripture. According to scripture, only those who are of the blood of Israel and become born-again can gain entry into the Kingdom of God where Heaven and Hell become an option. undecided

3. Obviously you have not or else you wouldn't be asking me these silly questions that have no bearing on what is in fact written in the books. undecided
Re: Prayers Work by Kobojunkiee: 11:43am On Dec 27, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:
1. So do you say that you obey your Jesus 100%?
2. This kingdom of God that you are talking about sir, when is it? And where is it located? The Bible that you carry around states pedagogically that "it is appointed unto man to live once, and after; judgement.
3. Your God says He is merciful, now all of a sudden, he wouldn't bend his laws. As your Bible always print humans to be full of wickedness, I've never seen a wicked judge that will sentence a child for the crimes of ha parents. You can't wriggle out of this, there is no justification for this. Whether bending rules or bending air or waters as Avatars
4. did you even realise the implications of that you just said, it means that your God didn't really plan out the whole thing and the all of a sudden he changed his mind from the old testament ordinance and presented a new testament.
1. Yes, Jesus Christ is an agreement made by God in the Kingdom of God and He commanded His followers to obey His teachings and commandments. undecided

2. As Jesus Christ explained to His followers, the Kingdom of God which He brought down to them, God's agreement of Peace, is inside of them and all around them. undecided

3. The same scriptures that tell you that God is merciful also tell you that He is faithful and just and never bends His Law to suit any man. You cannot take one part of what is written while disregarding the rest, else what you have is not God but your personal ideas regarding God. It is flawed logic to attempt to draw a conclusion on only that piece of the premise that appeals to you. undecided

4. I am afraid you are not as smart as you think you are. What you are told is that there are two different Covenants and Boom you jump to conclude that means God was not prepared from the beginning with a plan? You appear desperate. I suggest you go back and do a bit of groundwork as far as understanding what is written in scripture. It is all written in human language by humans to be understood through basic human language comprehension skills most every human who is language-aware can boast of, so I am not certain what is holding you back. undecided
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 10:35pm On Dec 27, 2022
Abi1985:

Science has it limits , can't explain and there is a reason-God. The theory of evolution is trash
;
I doubt that sir. As a matter of fact The Theory of Evolution has proven to be in fact more authentic than the creationist story that claims some folklore deity created the world in 6 days. First question we should as ourselves is: where was this deity himself before he created Heaven and Earth? Many people subscribe to the idea of 6days story even if it doesn't make any sense as why there was light before the sun and how there were plants before the sun, when common sense actually tells us that both in any case is impossible if all things being equal.That many people believe, because according to psychologist, humans will rather believe what their mind can easily understand even if it were a lie, rather than find the truth. I guess many people can't just understand how the Universe came into existence about 13billion years ago. The creation of the first complex objects, the stars about 12billion years ago. Creations inside the dying stars of chemical elements that allowed the formation of chemically complex entities including the planets. The creation of planets such as the earth , bodies that are more chemically complex than the sun . The creation of the evolution of life on Earth about 3.8 billion years ago. The evolution of our own ancestors: The Hominids about 6million years ago. The creation of our own species: The homo sapiens about 250,000 years ago. To stop here, I mean how many people will actually take their time to study this to see if there is any truth in it. Not many really, they only call it trash because neither do they know nor understand.

Abi1985:
it is a lame excuse to dismiss the origin of life. Life comes from God- Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. The Laws of gravity and the physical laws on earth all point to God. I can promise you that there will never be a time travel machine like the sci-fi movies show because God is the inventor of time- He is the alpha and the omega. The beginning and the end. Man will never pass the speed of light with all the advancement of science in 1000 years except of supernatural help. All those space movie where a spaceship go to another galaxy in minutes after traveling light years distance is an impossibility and will always be impossible. How the Sun just keep shining without running out of fuel? Anyway atheist will keep believing there is no God. T

To answer your question, gravity does not point to any God at all, in the sense that gravity though cannot be seen, but yet it's effect cannot be denied, it's something that you see everyday in every day to day activities of every thing on earth, and as a matter of fact, the early universe collapsed because it was very hot and expanding very fast, the collision birthed many things and many forces , which of course gravity was one that appeared from such chaos, including electromagnetic and plasma which is a mixture of energy and charged subatomic particles a bit like the center of the sun. Sun basically consist of hydrogen and helium, and we can measure the brightness based on the amount of energy it emits. The sun and other stars generate energy by hydrogen fusion. Thanks to Sir Albert Einstein for the work of Prof. Steven Hawkings, at least we know the origin of the cosmos. And perhaps I do not believe in sci-fi movies. But when Henry Ford proposed to make a 4wheel vehicle, many people thought he was crazy, he was even charged to court. When Alexander Graham Bell proposed the telephone, they thought he was a mad man. When Nikola Tesla proposed the AC, it was almost impossible. When the brothers proposed aircraft, they thought it impossible too. When Elon proposed an electric car and a space flight as a matter of fact, many of the American heroes of NASA fought against it, his stock went the most underrated in America. Many of the chief and most professional engineers refused to subscribe to such dumb vision. Until the eclipse everyone thought Albert Einstein was mad. Wait for it, we have seen how far technology has taken us. But human generally are very unscrupulous. Technology has brought comfort and convenience into our civilization. What has religion brought? I wonder why you guys don't pray to get from one place to another, you still depend on technology. I thought your prayers should make you disappear and reappear instead of getting in a damn vehicle. Jesus taugh more than 5000men without a tannoy, I wonder why you guys use a PAS now. You have a sickness, you go to a doctor, he confirms it, you run to your God, yet you'll still go back to the doctor to confirm whether the sickness is there or not; at the end of the day, technology has the final say. Many people are so ungrateful to technology, anyways, many of them have paid the price, many are paying the price and many will still pay the price so bad that we can taste it. A very close friend lost her mom because their faith did not support blood transfusion. The other day a lady was having it not funny of being delivered a child, a CS was proposed but her pastor asked whose report she would believe "The word of God or The doctor's report" . The young deluded misinformed semiliterate chose "The word of God". I guess by now, she knows better. Since her fallopian tube is ruptured and doesn't stand a chance of giving birth as long as empirical facts are concerned. In one of Desecrates work on miracles, I find that very interesting so I'll join it with some of Rhonda Bryne's work and to finalize it with the work of Professor Einstein of blessed memory. That made me understand what miracle is. And I understand it better, Miracle simply put is a distortion in the law of Natural Order( not necessarily the laws of the universe, there is no balancing for instance: some dying stars turned into some failed planets which turned into asteroids between Jupiter and Mars(however these became planets proper)) So according to Professor Einstein definition of time plus some knowledge on cosmos. There are times when the laws of natural order changes their course, and the universe is tweaked in a motion of timeless occurrence, this is when the laws of the universe sometimes get suspended and the unimaginable happens which are beyond comprehension. And these happen at any time and to anything or to anybody. This is why miracles are not subjective to any one of any faith. But miracles can happen to anyone at any time, I guess King Solomon understood better when he said time and chance happens to all things. This is roughly a law of time and chance and it can happen to anyone regardless. That's why miracles can be found in the camp of any, wether a Xtian or a Muslim, or a Mormon or a Rastafarian, even atheists enjoy miracles as well.
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:38pm On Dec 27, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

I doubt that sir. As a matter of fact The Theory of Evolution has proven to be in fact more authentic than the creationist story that claims some folklore deity created the world in 6 days. First question we should as ourselves is: where was this deity himself before he created Heaven and Earth? Many people subscribe to the idea of 6days story even if it doesn't make any sense as why there was light before the sun and how there were plants before the sun, when common sense actually tells us that both in any case is impossible if all things being equal.That many people believe, because according to psychologist, humans will rather believe what their mind can easily understand even if it were a lie, rather than find the truth. I guess many people can't just understand how the Universe came into existence about 13billion years ago. The creation of the first complex objects, the stars about 12billion years ago. Creations inside the dying stars of chemical elements that allowed the formation of chemically complex entities including the planets. The creation of planets such as the earth , bodies that are more chemically complex than the sun . The creation of the evolution of life on Earth about 3.8 billion years ago. The evolution of our own ancestors: The Hominids about 6million years ago. The creation of our own species: The homo sapiens about 250,000 years ago. To stop here, I mean how many people will actually take their time to study this to see if there is any truth in it. Not many really, they only call it trash because neither do they know nor understand.

To answer your question, gravity does not point to any God at all, in the sense that gravity though cannot be seen, but yet it's effect cannot be denied, it's something that you see everyday in every day to day activities of every thing on earth, and as a matter of fact, the early universe collapsed because it was very hot and expanding very fast, the collision birthed many things and many forces , which of course gravity was one that appeared from such chaos, including electromagnetic and plasma which is a mixture of energy and charged subatomic particles a bit like the center of the sun. Sun basically consist of hydrogen and helium, and we can measure the brightness based on the amount of energy it emits. The sun and other stars generate energy by hydrogen fusion. Thanks to Sir Albert Einstein for the work of Prof. Steven Hawkings, at least we know the origin of the cosmos. And perhaps I do not believe in sci-fi movies. But when Henry Ford proposed to make a 4wheel vehicle, many people thought he was crazy, he was even charged to court. When Alexander Graham Bell proposed the telephone, they thought he was a mad man. When Nikola Tesla proposed the AC, it was almost impossible. When the brothers proposed aircraft, they thought it impossible too. When Elon proposed an electric car and a space flight as a matter of fact, many of the American heroes of NASA fought against it, his stock went the most underrated in America. Many of the chief and most professional engineers refused to subscribe to such dumb vision. Until the eclipse everyone thought Albert Einstein was mad. Wait for it, we have seen how far technology has taken us. But human generally are very unscrupulous. Technology has brought comfort and convenience into our civilization. What has religion brought? I wonder why you guys don't pray to get from one place to another, you still depend on technology. I thought your prayers should make you disappear and reappear instead of getting in a damn vehicle. Jesus taugh more than 5000men without a tannoy, I wonder why you guys use a PAS now. You have a sickness, you go to a doctor, he confirms it, you run to your God, yet you'll still go back to the doctor to confirm whether the sickness is there or not; at the end of the day, technology has the final say. Many people are so ungrateful to technology, anyways, many of them have paid the price, many are paying the price and many will still pay the price so bad that we can taste it. A very close friend lost her mom because their faith did not support blood transfusion. The other day a lady was having it not funny of being delivered a child, a CS was proposed but her pastor asked whose report she would believe "The word of God or The doctor's report" . The young deluded misinformed semiliterate chose "The word of God". I guess by now, she knows better. Since her fallopian tube is ruptured and doesn't stand a chance of giving birth as long as empirical facts are concerned. In one of Desecrates work on miracles, I find that very interesting so I'll join it with some of Rhonda Bryne's work and to finalize it with the work of Professor Einstein of blessed memory. That made me understand what miracle is. And I understand it better, Miracle simply put is a distortion in the law of Natural Order( not necessarily the laws of the universe, there is no balancing for instance: some dying stars turned into some failed planets which turned into asteroids between Jupiter and Mars(however these became planets proper)) So according to Professor Einstein definition of time plus some knowledge on cosmos. There are times when the laws of natural order changes their course, and the universe is tweaked in a motion of timeless occurrence, this is when the laws of the universe sometimes get suspended and the unimaginable happens which are beyond comprehension. And these happen at any time and to anything or to anybody. This is why miracles are not subjective to any one of any faith. But miracles can happen to anyone at any time, I guess King Solomon understood better when he said time and chance happens to all things. This is roughly a law of time and chance and it can happen to anyone regardless. That's why miracles can be found in the camp of any, wether a Xtian or a Muslim, or a Mormon or a Rastafarian, even atheists enjoy miracles as well.

Can we chat on WhatsApp?
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 11:02pm On Dec 27, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
1. Your response makes no sense! What is instead written in scripture is that the consequence of Adam's choice was passed down to all of His descendants, the curse. Sin itself is not inherited. You would know this from the fact that written in pretty much the Genesis 4 is the story of Abel, Adam's son, who was recorded as a righteous man, a man who did not sin against God. undecided

2. Again, this is a question that is not based on what is in fact written in scripture. According to scripture, only those who are of the blood of Israel and become born-again can gain entry into the Kingdom of God where Heaven and Hell become an option. undecided

3. Obviously you have not or else you wouldn't be asking me these silly questions that have no bearing on what is in fact written in the books. undecided

Evidently speaking, this should be about the fourth or fifth time you have insulted me since we have been on this thread, nevertheless I've been very careful with the kinds of words that I use. If you've been thinking, you should realise that based on what we've contributed so far on this thread, I have been a lil bit modest and cool. Trying to deliver my points with ease and without aggression. Without no hate I've tendered my points in a very decent manner despite being an apatheist. So this simply means that religion or a believe in God is not a basis for moral, social ethics and communication intelligence. However that's not the point, but please read Psalms 51:5 “Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me” David here confirmed that, he was sinful at birth, so whose sins were conferred on a day old baby? Romans 5:12 says "Sin entered into the world thru Adam".. I'll suggest that you read your Bible more widely. Maybe 40 times too, for the new testament.
2. The question of the Heaven and Earth that I asked was related to the point I addressed it to. However I do not have a problem with you going to heaven, at least you won't be spending my TFare and i won't be booking the tickets. It is basically at your own expense. So my question persists, since we are not Isrealites and we are not born again, automatically we won't be entering the kingdom of God, so where are we gonna be heading? Is there some other place rathering hell?
3.In my own honest opinion, if you found the question to be silly, you could have just avoided it and move unto the ones that are not silly, however if the question is silly to you, I do not know. But please do not take it to heart. I apologise and we move, at the end of the day, everyone is entitled to his own opinion... Let love lead.
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 11:16pm On Dec 27, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
4. I am afraid you are not as smart as you think you are. What you are told is that there are two different Covenants and Boom you jump to conclude that means God was not prepared from the beginning with a plan? You appear desperate. I suggest you go back and do a bit of groundwork as far as understanding what is written in scripture. It is all written in human language by humans to be understood through basic human language comprehension skills most every human who is language-aware can boast of, so I am not certain what is holding you back. undecided
insults again? I guess I might just have to stop giving response , it's been eventful so far. If you couldn't see as simple as "an eye for an eye" changed to "turn your cheek for another slap". "Stone an adulterer to death," to "let anyone without sin be the first to cast stones". And so many more. I'm scared there is nothing more to discuss with you, I guess some things are just more higher than our IQ level, a nursery 2 kid may never understand binomial expansion. Thanks for your time
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 11:21pm On Dec 27, 2022
HellVictorinho6:

Can we chat on WhatsApp?
I would have loved to sir, but strictly speaking, my WhatsApp is only for learning purpose..it's a new line and I'm only using it as a learning platform. I do not have any other kind of discussion aside programming and Tech on my WhatsApp. I come to Nairaland for leisure as there is no too much closeness with anybody
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:25pm On Dec 27, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

I would have loved to sir, but strictly speaking, my WhatsApp is only for learning purpose..it's a new line and I'm only using it as a learning platform. I do not have any other kind of discussion aside programming and Tech on my WhatsApp. I come to Nairaland for leisure as there is no too much closeness with anybody

You're an atheist right?
Re: Prayers Work by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 28, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

A 4 wheel vehicle was never a big deal, they had a 4 wheel horse cariot before the invention of the automobile. Going to a doctor is very biblical, not going is false and foolish gospel. Even the bleeding woman who touch the Lord garment has seen physicians but they were unsuccessful to treat her. So her faith in Jesus healed her. Not getting a blood transfusion because of a belief is poor gospel which is another topic on it own. I know of Jehovah Witness who comes to hemodialysis .What Sir Isaac Newton and Stephen Hawkins discovered are physical laws that already existed. Gravity did not exist because of Sir Isaac Newton but it was already in effect from the beginning. What Isaac Newton did was to accurate a formula for gravity which will now call the law of gravity. How the helium which make the sun shine through hydrogen fusion are all observable just like when water is boiled at a very high temperature, it vaporize. That is science- observing the obvious and discovering new through experiment of physical and chemical property. The big bang theory or the theory of evolution are pure speculation that has yet to be proven.
You think science can beat the speed of light. You think science can bring a dead person back to life. The theory of evolution is only theory that is yet to be proven. Where are homo species of mankind? Even in the most remote part of the world and uncontacted people are still homo sapiens.
Re: Prayers Work by Kobojunkie: 1:21am On Dec 28, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:
Evidently speaking, this should be about the fourth or fifth time you have insulted me since we have been on this thread, nevertheless I've been very careful with the kinds of words that I use. If you've been thinking, you should realise that based on what we've contributed so far on this thread, I have been a lil bit modest and cool. Trying to deliver my points with ease and without aggression. Without no hate I've tendered my points in a very decent manner despite being an apatheist. So this simply means that religion or a believe in God is not a basis for moral, social ethics and communication intelligence. However that's not the point, but please read Psalms 51:5 “Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me” David here confirmed that, he was sinful at birth, so whose sins were conferred on a day old baby? Romans 5:12 says "Sin entered into the world thru Adam".. I'll suggest that you read your Bible more widely. Maybe 40 times too, for the new testament.
2. The question of the Heaven and Earth that I asked was related to the point I addressed it to. However I do not have a problem with you going to heaven, at least you won't be spending my TFare and i won't be booking the tickets. It is basically at your own expense. So my question persists, since we are not Isrealites and we are not born again, automatically we won't be entering the kingdom of God, so where are we gonna be heading? Is there some other place rathering hell?
3.In my own honest opinion, if you found the question to be silly, you could have just avoided it and move unto the ones that are not silly, however if the question is silly to you, I do not know. But please do not take it to heart. I apologise and we move, at the end of the day, everyone is entitled to his own opinion... Let love lead.
I didn't insult you as al I did is point out that your posts makes no sense consider what is in fact written in the books. You seem somehow under some delusion that by ignoring scriptural context and details you can some how get anything you throw at scripture to stick. I am afraid that only makes you appear just as ignorant as the religious folks who, also in ignorance, believe that whatever special interpretations they throw at that generally quoted out of context is valid. You have to logically approach that which is written in that book. The book does not pretend to replace your science texts, and common sense ---- something to seem to assume--- instead it is a book about God, and His people, Israel.. undecided

Go back through my previous responses to see that you need to at least comprehend what is written in scripture, digest applicable context , before you even pretend you can argue for or against anything presented in it. undecided
Re: Prayers Work by Kobojunkie: 1:54am On Dec 28, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

insults again? I guess I might just have to stop giving response , it's been eventful so far. If you couldn't see as simple as "an eye for an eye" changed to "turn your cheek for another slap". "Stone an adulterer to death," to "let anyone without sin be the first to cast stones". And so many more. I'm scared there is nothing more to discuss with you, I guess some things are just more higher than our IQ level, a nursery 2 kid may never understand binomial expansion. Thanks for your time
Again, I didn't insult you. All I have done is try as much as I can to make clear that your reasoning does not work here at all. What you do here amounts to pretty much the same issue I am having with another poster on another topic https://www.nairaland.com/7495759/av-deep-question-yet-unsolved/4#119482443

You can't just throw anything at scripture and then pretend it fits. It doesn't make sense to do that with any other subject so why pretend you can do it here? undecided
Re: Prayers Work by Darlingtonezeh: 4:18am On Dec 28, 2022
Prayers does work, that's why we created https://prayersforfaith.com for people asking if prayer does work.

Pray with our guide and bible verses and God in his mercy will answer all your prayers.
Re: Prayers Work by Kobojunkiee: 4:23am On Dec 28, 2022
Darlingtonezeh:
Prayers does work, that's why we created https://prayersforfaith.com for people asking if prayer does work.

Pray with our guide and bible verses and God in his mercy will answer all your prayers.
Stop lying to folks abeg! undecided

Your prayer rituals do not work at all. lipsrsealed
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 5:54am On Dec 28, 2022
Abi1985:

A 4 wheel vehicle was never a big deal, they had a 4 wheel horse cariot before the invention of the automobile.
sir it was really a bid deal when Henry Ford first proposed that. Please research on that.
Abi1985:

Going to a doctor is very biblical, not going is false and foolish gospel. Even the bleeding woman who touch the Lord garment has seen physicians but they were unsuccessful to treat her. So her faith in Jesus healed her. Not getting a blood transfusion because of a belief is poor gospel which is another topic on it own.
I'm sorry sir, but I won't be fair enough if I'm not diligent in pointing out the trichotomy in the above point and how we have so many varieties or lemme say denominations or subsets of the christian faith, so many confusions and uncertainties. One moment you'll hear women putting on trousers is a sin, the next moment you will see another preacher putting on trousers. They all claim to hear from their God, why couldn't He just settle some dichotomies once and for all?
Abi1985:

I know of Jehovah Witness who comes to hemodialysis .What Sir Isaac Newton and Stephen Hawkins discovered are physical laws that already existed. Gravity did not exist because of Sir Isaac Newton but it was already in effect from the beginning. What Isaac Newton did was to accurate a formula for gravity which will now call the law of gravity. How the helium which make the sun shine through hydrogen fusion are all observable just like when water is boiled at a very high temperature, it vaporize.
I must commend that you are open minded and you think pretty well, I like the fact that you reemphasized that gravity really had been in existence, Sir Newton only discovered it. The same way the brief history had also been, Sir Einstein discovered it and Prof. Hawkings refined it. The theory or lemme call it law, of Natural Selection had also been before Charles Darwin discovered it. Science is all about discoveries. What has religion discovered?how to kill people? Even in Belfast, Beirut and some other countries, do you know that christians kill themselves there
Abi1985:

That is science- observing the obvious and discovering new through experiment of physical and chemical property.
Once again, I like the fact that we've been addressing each point with keeness. science, observing the obvious(the reality)
That's what science is all about. Science is based on proofs. Before theories are propounded, they must have been tested with lots of empirical data to ensure they give the expected results that satisfy at any given condition. So the Theory of Evolution is not just a mere speculation, the origin of the cosmos is not just a mere speculation, Natural Selection is not just a mere speculation. They've all been rigorously tested and now they are to be trusted

Abi1985:

to ensure that they satisf big bang theory or the theory of evolution are pure speculation that has yet to be proven.
You think science can beat the speed of light. You think science can bring a dead person back to life. The theory of evolution is only theory that is yet to be proven.
They've been proven sir, The discoveries of fossils of Hominids, Denivosans, Australopithecus Afarensis, Namarensis, Africanus. Habilis and lots more are worthy and overwhelming proofs that science is not just in fact, but indeed exquisitely impressive
Abi1985:

Where are homo species of mankind? Even in the most remote part of the world and uncontacted people are still homo sapiens.
We are the Homo Sapiens, but there are lots of evidences pointing towards the existence of our ancestors, dated back in time to 3.2 million years ago sir.
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 6:08am On Dec 28, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

sir it was really a bid deal when Henry Ford first proposed that. Please research on that.

I'm sorry sir, but I won't be fair enough if I'm not diligent in pointing out the trichotomy in the above point and how we have so many varieties or lemme say denominations or subsets of the christian faith, so many confusions and uncertainties. One moment you'll hear women putting on trousers is a sin, the next moment you will see another preacher putting on trousers. They all claim to hear from their God, why couldn't He just settle some dichotomies once and for all?

I must commend that you are open minded and you think pretty well, I like the fact that you reemphasized that gravity really had been in existence, Sir Newton only discovered it. The same way the brief history had also been, Sir Einstein discovered it and Prof. Hawkings refined it. The theory or lemme call it law, of Natural Selection had also been before Charles Darwin discovered it. Science is all about discoveries. What has religion discovered?how to kill people? Even in Belfast, Beirut and some other countries, do you know that christians kill themselves there

Once again, I like the fact that we've been addressing each point with keeness. science, observing the obvious(the reality)
That's what science is all about. Science is based on proofs. Before theories are propounded, they must have been tested with lots of empirical data to ensure they give the expected results that satisfy at any given condition. So the Theory of Evolution is not just a mere speculation, the origin of the cosmos is not just a mere speculation, Natural Selection is not just a mere speculation. They've all been rigorously tested and now they are to be trusted

They've been proven sir, The discoveries of fossils of Hominids, Denivosans, Australopithecus Afarensis, Namarensis, Africanus. Habilis and lots more are worthy and overwhelming proofs that science is not just in fact, but indeed exquisitely impressive

We are the Homo Sapiens, but there are lots of evidences pointing towards the existence of our ancestors, dated back in time to 3.2 million years ago sir.

Did you intentionally snub me or what exactly?
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 6:32am On Dec 28, 2022
Darlingtonezeh:

1. Lagos Island General Hospital was the first to be established in Nigeria in 1893, it has a full time functioning morgue since records began, even before the Independence.
No of people raised by ANY MAN OF GOD , spiritually or otherwise equals ZERO
2. National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi Lagos established in 1945, houses 50 beds which have always been filled beyond capacity.
NO of bones reset or limbs regrown thru prayers or miracles equals ZERO
3. Pacelli School for the Blind, Surulere Lagos established in the first republic 1962.
Numbers of men of God who have come from worldwide to pray for the Blind students: Over 500.
NO of students actually cured from Blindness by their prayers equals ZERO
4. Ogunse, Akeetan Oyo Town , Oyo state, a rehabilitation center established in the 90s.
No of people cured of Madness by the so MEN of GOD ewuals ZERO
Should I still go on?
These are verifiable and well documented facts.
In 2006 , an experiment was carried out to test the efficacy of prayers on different sick people of the same ailment in three different hospitals, to cut the long story short, the people who were being prayed for suffered severe complications and those who were not been prayed for had it successful.
Nigeria has lost hundreds of souls this year due to flooding. Even churches and mosques (the house of the supposed God) were completely buried in the large body of water. Have you not noticed that, people who pray a lot have nothing to show for it, because they dedicate all the time in the world that they should have used for something productive into deceiving and deluding themselves. So at the end of the day, if their lives don't catch up with meaning. They ended up being depressed and yet they won't wanna believe " well always helping their God with excuses. When their prayers are not being answered, it is either their own fault, prayed incorrectly, didn't have faith enough, or didn't ask for the right thing,but on the other hand, God is good and merciful when they force themselves to believe that God has answered their prayers. In one of Armin Navabi books(Title intentionally withheld) he mentioned that the psychological consequences of this can be devastatory. Psychologist Dr. Marlen Winell refers to such problems as RELIGIOUS TRAUMA SYNDROME a cluster of symptom including anxiety, depression, and social functioning troubles caused or exacerbated by religious indoctrination. However this on it's own can create an environment of crippling insecurities and learned helplessness because you don't know what to do, to please your God. If things are good for me, it's the hand of God, but when things go otherwise, it's my fault right? Common sense tells me that, in situations like this ,whoever is responsible for the glory should also take the blame. I am responsible for my life, because I know that I am fully in control of my life.
Not to mention the fact that, prayer has failed many times and will still keep failing till the end of consciousness.
Lemme digress a little into marriage. Your pastors who teach you to always hear from God before you go on to marry, and you too in your simplicity will fast and pray like a deluded fan of santa. Even them are having it dissolved, I always wonder, they always claim to hear from God, yet their marriages are hitting the rock, they must have heard their mind, because there is absolutely no one up there speaking to them.
NOTE: This is not to descecrate the image, or to defirmate the character of any pastor. But even in the christian dome , marriage crashed just as it crashes among the heathen. So where is the God factor in marriage? Lemme hold it here
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 6:38am On Dec 28, 2022
HellVictorinho6:

Did you intentionally snub me or what exactly?
oh I'm sorry, I'm not an atheist, I am an Apatheist. I'm cool to anyone who practices any religion, as long as they do not harm or try to deceive anyone with it. The subject of whether there is God or no God is simply not worth my time and simply disinteresting. But the Title "prayer works" got my attention, as prayer is not attributed to any God persay. People sometimes pray to themselves. And meditation is also a form of prayer. Only wanted to clear that there is no superconsciousness of consciousness or an anthropomorphic God anywhere or at least who has been proven to be directly involved in the lives of any consciousness
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 6:56am On Dec 28, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

oh I'm sorry, I'm not an atheist, I am an Apatheist. I'm cool to anyone who practices any religion, as long as they do not harm or try to deceive anyone with it. The subject of whether there is God or no God is simply not worth my time and simply disinteresting. But the Title "prayer works" got my attention, as prayer is not attributed to any God persay. People sometimes pray to themselves. And meditation is also a form of prayer. Only wanted to clear that there is no superconsciousness of consciousness or an anthropomorphic God anywhere or at least who has been proven to be directly involved in the lives of any consciousness

Whether there is God or not is not something you may be sure about.... considering the definition, I don't find any possible anymore .... I used to before.

How can the universe be boundless if it has a beginning?

How can there be everything that exists?

How can there be a limit to what exists?
Re: Prayers Work by FRANCISTOWN: 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
HellVictorinho6:

I don't find any possible anymore .... I used to before.
sir, I do not understand this
Re: Prayers Work by HellVictorinho6(m): 2:43pm On Dec 28, 2022
FRANCISTOWN:

sir, I do not understand this

I used to consider the existence of God as something that's possible before

Right now.... I consider it impossible for God to exist.

Do you have any question about that?

Can you answer my question about the universe?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are We So Gullible? / Pls. Wen Was The First Time A Nigerian President Attended Holy Ghost Service In Redemption Camp? / What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 248
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.