Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? (2002 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? / Phillipa's (4-6 Aug) Visions Of Readiness Of Heaven For Rapture Of The Saints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Virick(m): 10:33pm On Sep 29, 2013
Is there a chance that anyone can give answers that reflect true independent thinking with the use of God endowed Mind? Still, quotations from ur favourite books are welcome. smiley
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Ajibam: 11:56pm On Sep 29, 2013
giving God glory that he deserves
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by EvilBrain1(m): 12:02am On Sep 30, 2013
Enjoying the sight of other people suffering in torment for ever and ever. Better that watching TV and it never gets boring.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by MrTroll(m): 1:05am On Sep 30, 2013
Ajibam: giving God glory that he deserves
pls tell him we now have mp3. No need slaving y'all for all eternity. Gaddem!

1 Like

Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Virick(m): 5:00am On Sep 30, 2013
Ajibam: giving God glory that he deserves
How will that be done exactly?
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Virick(m): 5:02am On Sep 30, 2013
Brain and Troll, in other words, u do not know, do u?
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by esere826: 5:57am On Sep 30, 2013
based on my belief in christ which u fault

...i suspect that the those in heaven will be re-twigged mentally to cope with eternity
just like angels are designed to face issues or tasks different from men
and the grass of the fields have their own 'dimension'

I also suspect that the retwigging will ensure that beings dont rebel or disobey like satan an adam did
if they did, the whole 'mess' will begin over again

...the question u've asked is really deep and none religious-friendlyangry
my explanation also links to my post here: https://www.nairaland.com/1458622/what-gods-point-reference-good
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by MrTroll(m): 9:55am On Sep 30, 2013
Virick: Brain and Troll, in other words, u do not know, do u?
in other words heaven does not exist!
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 30, 2013
I pray for as many of you as do not know Jesus, that you repent of your sins and surrender to Christ your life; that HE will give you a divine revelation of himself. Heaven is real, Hell is also real. The suffering we experience here are nothing compared to the torment that goes on in hell. The same way the joys and pleasure we have here are nothing compared to the joys and pleasures in heaven.

I look forward to worshiping God in heaven like I never have here on earth because of the limitations of my flesh. Worshipping God is an experience to have. Read rev. 4.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 30, 2013
Evil Brain: Enjoying the sight of other people suffering in torment for ever and ever. Better that watching TV and it never gets boring.

Mr Troll: pls tell him we now have mp3. No need slaving y'all for all eternity. Gaddem!

angry angry angry angry
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Judas2013: 11:15am On Sep 30, 2013
wordsbase: I pray for as many of you as do not know Jesus, that you repent of your sins and surrender to Christ your life; that HE will give you a divine revelation of himself. Heaven is real, Hell is also real. The suffering we experience here are nothing compared to the torment that goes on in heaven. The same way the joys and pleasure we have here are nothing compared to the joys and pleasures in heaven.

I look forward to worshiping God in heaven like I never have here on earth because of the limitations of my flesh. Worshipping God is an experience to have. Read rev. 4.

How did you come to know this? Have you witnessed these places yourself?
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by MrTroll(m): 11:24am On Sep 30, 2013
joel lala:

angry angry angry angry

kiss kiss
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
Judas2013:

How did you come to know this? Have you witnessed these places yourself?

No I haven't witnessed these places before. But I am a christian and my faith tells me that these places are really; I believe my bible. Even if without the truth from the bible, I think I've lived long enough in this world to know that there is good and bad, love and hatred, beauty and ugliness, sweet and sour, health and pain, each a direct opposite of the other. These are enough proof to show that there indeed is a place called heaven and a place called hell. And I pray you believe!
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by luckyCO(m): 2:58pm On Sep 30, 2013
People in heaven do one thing which they cant finish doing in all eternity that is learning God.
Everyday people in heaven learn another wonders of God joy,praises,worship is on top gear.
God cant learned completely whole.

Using human example,
Imagine you are to discover effective way to cure hipatitis,hiv,tb,without spending money & your name is written in the guinness book of record. You can imagine how joyful you will be having seen many people die mercilessly in the hand of these diseases.

If you can be joyful for that simply discovery image you discovering more things about God.

For that heaven weariness or boring-ness in heaven
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Virick(m): 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2013
esere826: based on my belief in christ which u fault

...i suspect that the those in heaven will be re-twigged mentally to cope with eternity
just like angels are designed to face issues or tasks different from men
and the grass of the fields have their own 'dimension'

I also suspect that the retwigging will ensure that beings dont rebel or disobey like satan an adam did
if they did, the whole 'mess' will begin over again

...the question u've asked is really deep and none religious-friendlyangry
my explanation also links to my post here: https://www.nairaland.com/1458622/what-gods-point-reference-good

U never mind as to my intent. It never goes beyond sowing the seeds of truth within the thoughts of my brethren.

As you can see, you are doing Thinking of ur own, which is my thrust. Most of the human population of this planet do not and cannot Think for themselves anymore, they are thought for by others who most of the time haven't the foggiest idea of that which they speak.

Thank you Esere.
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Virick(m): 8:32pm On Oct 01, 2013
Mr Troll: in other words heaven does not exist!

There is nothing i love more than a fearless thinker. Why do u think it does not exist when "everyone" believes otherwise?
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Virick(m): 8:34pm On Oct 01, 2013
wordsbase: I pray for as many of you as do not know Jesus, that you repent of your sins and surrender to Christ your life; that HE will give you a divine revelation of himself. Heaven is real, Hell is also real. The suffering we experience here are nothing compared to the torment that goes on in hell. The same way the joys and pleasure we have here are nothing compared to the joys and pleasures in heaven.

Are these ur thoughts or someone else's? Stop for a moment or two, the art of parroting others. What does your heart say on the topic?
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Virick(m): 8:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
wordsbase:

No I haven't witnessed these places before. But I am a christian and my faith tells me that these places are really; I believe my bible. Even if without the truth from the bible, I think I've lived long enough in this world to know that there is good and bad, love and hatred, beauty and ugliness, sweet and sour, health and pain, each a direct opposite of the other. These are enough proof to show that there indeed is a place called heaven and a place called hell. And I pray you believe!

So who gets to go to heaven and who does not? Where will the Muslims go? Spicey question? Fair enough.

Ok, where will the Buddhists go to? Heaven or Hell? Where will the "unbelievers" go to? Heaven or Hell?
Where will those born mentally "deformed" go to?
Where will those born in utter and absolute abject poverty go to, having known nothing but a violent life in which they must steal or fight for their legitimate right of survival?
Where will the lady born blind, deaf and dumb go to?

Do u sincerely envision a god that places a race to heaven (of ur doctrine) before each individual while placing them at a "disadvantage" to begin with?
What racing sport do u know of in which all contestants do not start from the same "at your marks", mmh?

Oh wait, let me place ur possible responses:
*god is judge and "HE" alone knows how "HE" will judge them.
No?
Ok,
God has sent his messengers to the four corners to spread "The word" and one way or another, all must have heard "the word", so there is no excuse.
Or
For Catholics, They will spend some years in purgatory since it was not their fault that they did not "accept Jesus" in their lives.

My, my, my....

Once again, Think again smiley
Think this thru.
Think!
DO NOT fear considering all possibilities, do not fear to question ur idea of truth for in questioning it will it shine or shrivel for the truth or untruth it is.

That is my thrust. You can do better than quote books which ur soul knows to be senseless, so to speak.

Anyways, what do u plan to do there for all eternity? I urge u to Think it thru.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Virick(m): 8:57pm On Oct 01, 2013
luckyCO: People in heaven do one thing which they cant finish doing in all eternity that is learning God.
Everyday people in heaven learn another wonders of God joy,praises,worship is on top gear.
God cant learned completely whole.

Using human example,
Imagine you are to discover effective way to cure hipatitis,hiv,tb,without spending money & your name is written in the guinness book of record. You can imagine how joyful you will be having seen many people die mercilessly in the hand of these diseases.

If you can be joyful for that simply discovery image you discovering more things about God.

For that heaven weariness or boring-ness in heaven

U do not learn God in "heaven", u do that on planets by taking on a body and "living a life". As u learn God, u manifest God THAT YOU ARE. White cannot outshine white. White can outshine 'black' however. What is there to learn in a place where all things are perfect and lazy? U folks of this planet need to start fixing ur planet and manifest God on it. U are turning this one into a toilet because u envision a place where u will not be responsible for ur reckless thought patterns. Come now my dear brethen, THINK!
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
To all those asking me to THINK, let me say here that what I shared were indeed M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ thoughts. Perhaps you'lll be fair to balance in this discussion if you shared with us your own thoughts. And perhaps I could give you a template too: 1. How did time and "existence" come to be? 2. What is the working of the mind? Et al.
It's either you have some form of spiritual leaning, inclination, or you don't. If you don't you'll do well to state your subscription.
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Rossikk(m): 6:50am On Oct 02, 2013
(This is information gleaned from the accounts of patients who undertook hypnotic past life regression therapy, and related in trance their pre-birth experiences as souls).

In the afterlife (aka 'heaven'), there are thousands of activities to pursue as a soul. From education to the arts, sciences, entertainment, sports, you name it. What we enjoy on earth is a pale shadow of what's out there in the real world, where we are headed. cool

Many games and sports are played there, but with a totally different philosophy from what we practice in this dimension. Where we stress the winning of a game by one side over the other, they rate a game's success by the level of fulfillment enjoyed by ALL players in the game. IE the game is seen as better, and is scored higher, the more participants gained satisfaction from it! So their games are intensely participatory rather than intensely oppositional. Just a totally different philosophy altogether!

It is also said that there are many 'heavens' in the afterlife realms, each characterised by the former earth culture of its inhabitants. There is the heaven of the ancient Egyptians, of the ancient Igbos, Aztecs, etc. These are said to be bubbling with life, laughter and activity, and myriad festivals. There is the christian heaven, which is said to be very boring compared to the others, with adherents dressed in white robes singing praises all day to God. It is said that many souls there, realizing that what they're doing is unnecessary.....get bored after a while and drift off to other more exciting 'heavens'.
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 02, 2013
Well Rossikk, I bet that even you, doubts that story. Anyways, just like there are thousand of religions, and irreligious incinations, there will be many claims about the existence and experience of the after life or otherwise.

To thine own self be true. I'm very sure your heart will tell you the truth.
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Pleasantstream: 9:06am On Oct 02, 2013
Sorry to say that every Christian waiting to be raptures in heaven would be disappointed.
We are not going to heaven. We are staying here to reign with Christ 1,000 years and after God will finally come down to dwell with man with the descension of the new Jerusalem .
Jesus will handover everything to God and we all will be subject to him for eternity.
Gullible christians read their bible upside down with the traditional mind set which we were doctrinated by our churches.
Heaven is Gods throne and the earth will be where Christ will reign.
Then what ever we shall do after the millennium would be left to God alone . But not in heaven but on earth for it is written that he created the earth to be inhabited forever.
Though man will become spiritual beigns like angels in heaven. All our thought shall be transparent. Nothing shall be hidden and the ultimate purpose of God for man is to become like him.
Please read your bible with the help of the Holyspirit and unbiased mind. Let the bible interpret itself .
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by MrTroll(m): 10:20am On Oct 04, 2013
Virick:

There is nothing i love more than a fearless thinker. Why do u think it does not exist when "everyone" believes otherwise?
That everyone believes something does not make it true. When you really think about it, its just mainly wishful thinking.

Is there any evidence for this heaven?undecided
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Rossikk(m): 3:15pm On Oct 04, 2013
wordsbase: Well Rossikk, I bet that even you, doubts that story. Anyways, just like there are thousand of religions, and irreligious incinations, there will be many claims about the existence and experience of the after life or otherwise.

To thine own self be true. I'm very sure your heart will tell you the truth.
Why should I doubt the story? I makes far more sense than the garbage you people peddle around, such as the idiotic notion that only Christians go to 'heaven'. Believe that and you deserve 1000 slaps daily for your foolishness.
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by PastorOluT(m): 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2013
wordsbase: I pray for as many of you as do not know Jesus, that you repent of your sins and surrender to Christ your life; that HE will give you a divine revelation of himself. Heaven is real, Hell is also real. The suffering we experience here are nothing compared to the torment that goes on in hell. The same way the joys and pleasure we have here are nothing compared to the joys and pleasures in heaven.

Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by kambo(m): 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
Pleasant stream: Sorry to say that every Christian waiting to be raptures in heaven would be disappointed.
We are not going to heaven. We are staying here to reign with Christ 1,000 years and after God will finally come down to dwell with man with the descension of the new Jerusalem .
Jesus will handover everything to God and we all will be subject to him for eternity.
Gullible christians read their bible upside down with the traditional mind set which we were doctrinated by our churches.
Then what ever we shall do after the millennium would be left to God alone . But not in heaven but on earth for it is written that he created the earth to be inhabited forever.
Though man will become spiritual beigns like angels in heaven. All our thought shall be transparent. Nothing shall be hidden and the ultimate purpose of God for man is to become like him.
Please read your bible with the help of the Holyspirit and unbiased mind. Let the bible interpret itself .

great exposition.
But we will still hav bodies. Yes we will. We will have glorious bodies as mortality will b swallowed up by immortality and corruption will b changed to incorruption. The hard thing is making it in!
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by kambo(m): 3:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
Pleasant stream: Sorry to say that every Christian waiting to be raptures in heaven would be disappointed.

great exposition.
But we will still hav bodies. Yes we will. We will have glorious bodies as mortality will b swallowed up by immortality and corruption will b changed to incorruption. The hard thing is making it in!

1 Like

Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
It depends, if its muslim heaven the 72 virgins should suffice for a while b4 I demand for replacements, christian heaven sounds really boring, not so sure about jews,hinduists and buddhists grin grin
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 04, 2013
I think that the first question should be if you beieve there if God does exist. This places the lline between religious enthusiats (whatever the inclinations are) and atheists.

For the atheists, let me burst your bubbles a bit. You hold the view that there is no God hence you claim to be free from the demands of religious faith and practice, and the seeming foolishness it portends, not knowing that in doing that, you create a religion for yourself. Think about it. For every indices of religion, you find same in atheism: the worship of self and intellectualism.. You become a god unto yourselves.

Unfortunately, you didn't create yourself, and the one who created you has made know to you the way live, the way to him, Jesus Christ, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

The world is coming to a end, and God loves you too much to want you to perish... Repent this day, and accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour. There is forgiveness, life, joy, excitement, in him. Heaven isn't a boring place. It's where the King of kings dwells.
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 04, 2013
fu.ckin 72 virgin s
Re: What Will You Be Doing In Heaven For All Eternity? by Virick(m): 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2013
wordsbase: I think that the first question should be if you beieve there if God does exist. This places the lline between religious enthusiats (whatever the inclinations are) and atheists.

For the atheists, let me burst your bubbles a bit. You hold the view that there is no God hence you claim to be free from the demands of religious faith and practice, and the seeming foolishness it portends, not knowing that in doing that, you create a religion for yourself. Think about it. For every indices of religion, you find same in atheism: the worship of self and intellectualism.. You become a god unto yourselves.

Unfortunately, you didn't create yourself, and the one who created you has made know to you the way live, the way to him, Jesus Christ, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

The world is coming to a end, and God loves you too much to want you to perish... Repent this day, and accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour. There is forgiveness, life, joy, excitement, in him. Heaven isn't a boring place. It's where the King of kings dwells.

So what happens to the rest of the starry cosmos when this one planet comes to end? Do the come to an end as well?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Godwin A Christian Song? / Announcing God's Kingdom On Earth: Pls Disregard Endtime And Rapture / What Type Of World Would Be The Ideal World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.