Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,230 members, 7,860,470 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:22 AM

Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... (676 Views)

Oyan, A Nigerian Town With People In All Countries Of The World / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada / Niger Bridge Onitsha Crowded Today With People (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by TastyFriedPussy: 7:18pm On Dec 25, 2022
I've heard this statement countless times from people who preach about success and how to be successful. They say "if you want to be successful, make friends with people that are better than you and not people you're better than". But I just can't help but imagine how fallacious this statement is. If everybody thinks like this, then that person who's better than you, that you're hoping to make friends with, wouldn't want to associate or have anything to do with you....

4 Likes

Re: Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2022
Do you think successful people want to make friends with people that are unsuccessful?
Re: Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by IwasNeverGone: 7:33pm On Dec 25, 2022
Okonandmary:
Do you think successful people want to make friends with people that are unsuccessful?
Successful people love people that wants to succeed.

I am talking from experience

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by ednut1(m): 7:57pm On Dec 25, 2022
90% of the time you can only make friends with people in your level. School, work places, locality, church, hang outs. You earn 80k and live in ikotun where will you see lekki big businessmen to make friends with Can you afford to enter where they hangout or even buy plane tickets lol. Within your circle you identify serious and ambitious people and pray they hammer.Abeg make una rest

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by Pclemenza: 8:01pm On Dec 25, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
If everybody thinks like this, then that person who's better than you, that you're hoping to make friends with, wouldn't want to associate or have anything to do with you....
Exactly but the way the world is structured, everyone can't reason same way. Merry Christmas TFP
Re: Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by Pclemenza: 8:03pm On Dec 25, 2022
ednut1:
90% of the time you can only make friends with people in your level. School, work places, locality, church, hang outs. You earn 80k and live in ikotun where will you see lekki big businessmen to make friends with Can you afford to enter where they hangout or even buy plane tickets lol. Within your circle you identify serious and ambitious people and pray they hammer.Abeg make una rest
A much more realistic approach to the topic.
Re: Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by Flora2Sweet: 8:14pm On Dec 25, 2022
No be person borrow Dangote $3000 to start business..
Abegii

Pray for grace
Re: Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by Sweetvie: 8:16pm On Dec 25, 2022
IwasNeverGone:

[/b]Successful people love people that wants to succeed.[b]

I am talking from experience
@bolded
Well said! Successful people love people who are willing to learn and want to succeed smiley

1 Like

Re: Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by Starzo: 9:44pm On Dec 25, 2022
i hate that statement
it reeks of elitism
Re: Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by Arkmanbuddy(m): 10:01pm On Dec 25, 2022
I was enraged when I read about that Pastor Funke saying the same thing that women should diss their circle of friends if they're the richest in the group. It sickens me that people make this suggestion without thinking deeply to know the repercussions.

The same people ask God to be distributors of his blessings. How can you do that if you
Re: Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by JeffreyJunior: 10:35pm On Dec 25, 2022
Start by having a mentor who is successful, he will sure introduce you and bring you into the circle that will change your life for good.

Successful folks may not be so willing to have you in their midst but with a successful mentor standing by you, they will come looking for you someday.

They will come not because of you but because they trust your mentor's judgement and will want to see what he sees in you.

Most successful folks tend to keep their circle very tight these days so don't bother trying to break into it unless you want them to use you as errand boy and that won't add any good value to your life.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by Waffarianman(m): 7:38am On Dec 26, 2022
And after many years of making friends with them and they can't help what should we do continue or cut off the friendship.

Answer me.
Re: Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by Letlovelead213: 10:24am On Dec 26, 2022
Waffarianman:
And after many years of making friends with them and they can't help what should we do continue or cut off the friendship.

Answer me.

What value have you added to that friendship
Re: Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by Waffarianman(m): 10:43am On Dec 26, 2022
Letlovelead213:

What value have you added to that friendship

I know the value I added to my own friendship
Re: Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by Letlovelead213: 12:33pm On Dec 26, 2022
Waffarianman:

I know the value I added to my own friendship

Your so called value wasn’t valuable enough to them
Re: Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by Waffarianman(m): 10:38pm On Dec 26, 2022
Letlovelead213:

Your so called value wasn’t valuable enough to them

Is enough for me but you don't know this
Re: Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by Letlovelead213: 11:45pm On Dec 26, 2022
Waffarianman:

Is enough for me but you don't know this
This statement shows you care simply about your self and not what you can bring to the table of the people who are richer or better off than you. They can see through you that’s why they refused to help you. I thank God they are not foolish to do that

You are a full blown Narcissist
Re: Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by FrancescoFarino(f): 7:17am On Dec 27, 2022
Okonandmary:
The genuine successfuls among them likes seeing the less privileged succeed.
Re: Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by FrancescoFarino(f): 7:20am On Dec 27, 2022
Waffarianman:

Answer me.
carry your bag and travel commot for distance state like person wey no get family, I tell you ,you go see help asap
Re: Opinion:make Friends With People Better Or More Successful Than You... by Waffarianman(m): 7:39am On Dec 27, 2022
FrancescoFarino:
carry your bag and travel commot for distance state like person wey no get family, I tell you ,you go see help asap

Good

(1) (Reply)

Difficulties Renewing An International Passport / Family Reunion Visa / Onitsha,the Beautiful City Of Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.