Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada (52625 Views)

Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria IS NOT BETTER Than Canada / Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Modo9(f): 5:28pm On Dec 14, 2020
As the topic says. I would be giving you 10 reasons why Nigeria is better than Canada. I think I have enough experience to talk about this topic because I’ve lived in both countries.
N.B: all what I’m going to be talking about is going to be from my personal experience.

1. Schools are generally cheaper in Nigeria unlike Canada. : in Nigeria schooling is highly subsidised unlike Canada where we pay thousands of Canadian dollars per semester. As an international student in Canada you are most likely to pay 15k while local students are to pay 3k and most are financed by student loans which they have to pay back over the years
2. Electricity is cheaper in Nigeria than in Canada: in Nigeria we buy electricity for 44 naira per kilo watts while in Canada you know how expensive it is and we would still pay tax again. In Canada I use 80CAD for electricity a month and I’d pay extra 13% on it

3. Healthcare is cheaper in Nigeria than in Canada : I know many people would be saying it’s free in Canada; no it’s not true because we all have health insurance which we pay for. Unlike in Nigeria where the government has totally subsidised it. We still pay out of our own money in case you do not know

4. You can never feel lonely in Nigeria unlike Canada: Nigeria is fun to be in because it’s the culture we grew up with. When you come over to Canada, it would not be easy to get used to their culture as it might seem strange to you

5. The weather in Nigeria is better than that of Canada: Nigeria has very good weather unlike that of Canada which could be extremely cold as Bleep.

6. The price of petrol in Nigeria is cheaper than in Canada: in Nigeria you can use 5000 naira fuel in a week, but in Canada you can use 100 CAD worth of fuel in a week

7. Getting African food is cheaper in Nigeria than Canada: you don’t need a prophet to tell you about this. It easier to get your traditional food in Nigeria than Canada. You can buy garri for like 12CAD.

8. Accommodation is far cheaper in Nigeria unlike Canada: in Nigeria you can see a good accommodation of 3bed room for 500k per year; while in Canada you’d see a one bedroom for 800CAD / month

9. Data is cheap in Nigeria unlike Canada: in Nigeria you can get a gig for like 500 naira, while in Canada I spend close to 45CAD monthly to call and use the internet

10. Finally, it is easier to bargain in Nigeria than Canada. In Canada the prices are fixed, but Nigeria we can still beat the price down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I9Y3PS42vo

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Kalapizim(m): 5:37pm On Dec 14, 2020
Great insight most people wont like to hear.

123 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by hakeem4(m): 5:40pm On Dec 14, 2020
To be honest, I do not feel like relocating out of Nigeria. I don’t know the fuss Nigerians have with Canada sha

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Fvckhypocrite(f): 5:41pm On Dec 14, 2020
Canada or burst

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by silibaba: 5:43pm On Dec 14, 2020

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Freestainworld(m): 5:51pm On Dec 14, 2020
If you never travel, you will think abroad is easy, life is not easy anywhere.

293 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Freestainworld(m): 5:53pm On Dec 14, 2020
When I was residing in UAE, I was paying 150k a month for just one room, just imagine how much I spend in a year, nothing is free anywhere.

183 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by maternal: 6:20pm On Dec 14, 2020
Kalapizim:

Jealousy go kill una.

61 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Kalapizim(m): 6:27pm On Dec 14, 2020
maternal:

Jealousy go kill una.
No comments for you

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by MJBOLT: 6:37pm On Dec 14, 2020
but if you are given canadian visa,you will gladly accept it o.

416 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Nicoswit(m): 6:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
Kalapizim:
Abi nw

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 14, 2020
And you guys don't want to come home again.
All I see here are unreasonable points to discourage anyone from migrating except no 4.
Like seriously you expect African food to be cheap.

343 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2020
MJBOLT:
but if you are given canadian visa,you will gladly accept it o.

I swear what the nigga wrote just dey vex me.
Canada minimum monthly wage is $2900 that's about 1.4million.
They want to earn such an amount, but they don't want to spend up to #100,000 monthly

580 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by demoBaba: 6:57pm On Dec 14, 2020
1. You also forget to compare Nigeria minimum wage with Canada minimum wage.

2. You also forget to mention salary paid per hour in Canada, and total package per month.

3. You also forget to compare unemployment rate in Nigeria, guys are ready to work but there's no work in Nigeria.

4. You also forget to mention insecurity in Nigeria, more than twenty number of arms robbers came to our area yesterday night operate freely.

5. Imagine a student in Canada that's building five bedroom duplex in Nigeria.

6. Them plenty....

If I no japa wetin I gain.

791 Likes 64 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by bezimo(m): 7:08pm On Dec 14, 2020
Oh really...I have lived in Canada for almost 6 years..i don't regret escaping that useless Nigeria. You have no idea of what you saying.

Canada is not heaven..not even close but it is far better than the hell called Nigeria 1000 times

510 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by hakeem4(m): 7:17pm On Dec 14, 2020
Keshinr0:

I swear what the nigga wrote just dey vex me.
Canada minimum monthly wage is $2900 that's about 1.4million.
They want to earn such an amount, but they don't want to spend up to #100,000 monthly
you don’t know anything my brother. This is actually small especially when they deduct tax etc

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 14, 2020
hakeem4:
you don’t know anything my brother. This is actually small especially when they deduct tax etc

Lol, I don't know anything oo
But one question for you bro, Where you treated differently by been an expat. If your answer is NO, seems nah you no sabi anything

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2020
demoBaba:
1. You also forget to compare Nigeria minimum wage with Canada minimum wage.

2. You also forget to mention salary paid per hour in Canada, and total package per month.

3. You also forget to compare unemployment rate in Nigeria, guys are ready to work but there's no work in Nigeria.

4. You also forget to mention insecurity in Nigeria, more than twenty number of arms robbers came to our area yesterday night operate freely.

5. Imagine a student in Canada that's building five bedroom duplex in Nigeria.

6. Them plenty....

If I no japa wetin I gain.

nah how those obodo oyinbo guys they behavior, always making it look like naija is better.
On a UK thread am following, a guy complained he do have his haircut for about 30pounds compared to naija which was #500, and I was like

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by meobizy(f): 7:43pm On Dec 14, 2020
Yet OP Is in Canada reporting this. Lol. Abegi, I sabi the format.

176 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Petyprincess(f): 7:46pm On Dec 14, 2020
I was expecting a strong arguments to your claim but dissapointed of what I'm reading lipsrsealed
In as much i know Canada isn't that but these reasons are quite unconvincing!!

136 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by seunny4lif(m): 7:48pm On Dec 14, 2020
angry angry angry angry angry angry
Who posted this video dey mad, useless person dey Canada dey talk
Useless Health
So, they can get kidnap by midnight and Nigeria gov will tell me, nobody is missing, that na fake news
So, the president can travel and see his cows
Here no matter who you are, we are all same
Our PM here rides train and bus together with us
I can walk to my prof at any time
Even Dangote children no dey Nigeria but you want me to stay

meobizy:
Yet OP Is in Canada reporting this. Lol. Abegi, I sabi the format.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by maternal: 7:49pm On Dec 14, 2020
hakeem4:

After taxes you're guaranteed free education up to the University level. You can even have 100 kids. Their school fees would be paid. Good healthcare for no cost. Good roads. Etc. If you pay all that out of your pockets you'd have less money available to take home.

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by descarado: 7:51pm On Dec 14, 2020
It is well

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by hakeem4(m): 8:23pm On Dec 14, 2020
maternal:

After taxes you're guaranteed free education up to the University level. You can even have 100 kids. Their school fees would be paid. Good healthcare for no cost. Good roads. Etc. If you pay all that out of your pockets you'd have less money available to take home.
with students loan ? Guy stop deceiving yourself

11 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Fidelismaria: 8:48pm On Dec 14, 2020
Mumu op, to slap you dey hungry me.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Bodyodour: 8:49pm On Dec 14, 2020
This op is an enemy of progress . why not come back if you believe Nigeria is better. undecided

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by ekemma55511: 9:04pm On Dec 14, 2020
:Great insight most people wont like to hear.Abi nw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by maternal: 9:06pm On Dec 14, 2020

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by hakeem4(m): 9:12pm On Dec 14, 2020
maternal:

This thread should be comparing Naija vs India. Stop insulting Canada.

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/nigeria-replaces-india-most-extreme-poverty/?utm_source=paidsearch&utm_medium=usgrant&utm_campaign=verizon&gclid=CjwKCAiAt9z-BRBCEiwA_bWv-Kc7yjAuf74LDtGELaCH4uZTNZcwJZOdHlOF7GMlFWXo5DjVidj20hoCoAEQAvD_BwE

https://globalnews.ca/news/1284297/canadas-middle-class-most-prosperous-in-world-report/
I am not saying Nigeria is totally better than Canada now.

I mean if you’re doing well in Nigeria, there’s no need to relocate to Canada if not you’re most likely to regret it

15 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by maternal: 9:25pm On Dec 14, 2020
hakeem4:
I am not saying Nigeria is totally better than Canada now.

I mean if you’re doing well in Nigeria, there’s no need to relocate to Canada if not you’re most likely to regret it

Because no matter how much money you have, nonsense like this can always happen. How does 400, not four, but 400 students go missing? What a joke of a country. Everything is not about money.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/7519757/nigerian-school-students-missing/amp/

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 14, 2020
Freestainworld:
When I was residing in UAE, I was paying 150k a month for just one room, just imagine how much I spend in a year, nothing is free anywhere.
How does that help to put things in perspective if you won't mention how much you earn.

90 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Passengers Sitting On The Floor On Kaduna-Abuja Train In Front Of Empty Seats / Bullion Van Collides With Tanker In Ghana, Money Scattered (Photos + Video) / Primary School Pupils In Lagos Inside The Blue Line Train Today (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.