Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

When Was The Bible Written? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Was The Bible Written? (899 Views)

Where Is It Written In The Bible That Masturbation Is A Sin???? / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Was The Bible Written? by proxies(m): 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2011
Was the bible written before the birth or after the death of Jesus , Answer with reasons
Re: When Was The Bible Written? by HISchild: 8:37am On Sep 02, 2011
friend,

first, The Lord JESUS CHRIST is GOD, The SON of GOD from everlasting past to everlasting (John 1:1, John 1:14, Rev 1:7-cool.  "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." - John 8:58 +++ "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you." -Exodus 3:14 (see 1 John 5:7)

"I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was." - Proverbs 8:23 (this preceding verse is speaking of Wisdom, The Lord JESUS CHRIST - "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God."-1 Corinthians 1:24

"Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart." - Psalm 40:6-8
=========
But if you're referring to the period of time when the holy Bible was penned by holy men of GOD, beginning from Moses, through whom the Lord GOD authored the first five books of the holy Bible, up until the last book, Revelation dictated to John in the aisle of Patmos,  that would be from approx. 1447 B.C. (the time of Israel's exodus out of Egypt) all the way to A.D. 95)
Re: When Was The Bible Written? by Joagbaje(m): 8:43am On Sep 02, 2011
proxies:

Was the bible written before the birth or after the death of Jesus , Answer with reasons

All are correct. grin
Re: When Was The Bible Written? by oderemo(m): 10:55am On Sep 02, 2011
that would be from approx. 1447 B.C. (the time of Israel's exodus out of Egypt) all the way to A.D. 95)
if i can recollect rightly scientist found human bones dated million years back, therefore we had humans living on this earth way b4 jesus and muhammed.
Re: When Was The Bible Written? by HISchild: 1:29am On Sep 03, 2011
@ode remo

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." - 2 Peter 1:21

"The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times." - Psalm 12:6

I would rather trust in GOD, by HIS grace, than in any account of man, 

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged." - Romans 3:4
Re: When Was The Bible Written? by globexl: 2:55am On Sep 03, 2011
The old testament was compiled around 650bc when the ancient isrealites were exiled in Babylon as an atempt by the priest and elders to chronicle and preserve their history for the generations of Isrealites. Much of the old books were copied from much older mesapotamian texts. many of the books were also copied from sacred egyptian texts which the Isrealites had been privy to while in Egypt for 400yrs. The Isrealite priests simply inserted their supreme deity yahweh in the places where the babylonians and egyptians had theirs.
Sacred texts discovered in mesapotamia by modern archeologist clearly show that much of the biblical tales such as creation, adam and eve, Noah and the flood, the tower of babel, the destruction of sodom and Gomorrah were copied from babylonian texts that predated the bible by several thousand years. the anciaent Babylonian texts are called The enuma elish, era eppos and Atra Hasis. Just google these nanes and read what is available on them.
the new books were written by unknown writer around 300Ad and was put together by a Synod Bishops who had the task of selecting from among the hundreds of religious texts and epistles foating around at that time. They were tasked with determining which books ones seemed the most authentic ,and ofcourse, to reject the ones that contradicted the articles of the new faith. In the process, about 65 books altogether were reject because their themes fell outside of the scope of both the religious and political objectives of the new Roman Universal(catholic) church. These rejected books are called the non-canonical books and are available for anyone that is curious to know.

Over the centuries much of the bible has been redacted and revised periodically to fit into new theological ideas and dogma. an example of redaction and revision is psalms 82. In the older versions of the bible, it reads: "Jehovah for judgement in the mids of the elohim(elohim is a plural, meaning assembly of the gods) where he is judged by the elohim for not protecting the weak and the poor". In the modern versions today, the same chapter reads: "God sits in the assembly of the mighty(?) where he jugdes among them". The question you should be asking is: who are these unnamed mighty that the God , the creator of the universe should sit among?For those that have doubts or for the religious police about to shout me down, I suggest you google any of these topics to see the wealth of information that is avavilable. Do not take my word for it. Do the search on your own.
Another good and sensible question worht asking is : If the Bibile is the infaling word of god, the almighty written by inspired prophets , then WHERE ARE THE ORIGINAL TEXTSS from which they were translated? Pls dont tell me that they lost or threw away the originals and kept the copies.
Thank you
Re: When Was The Bible Written? by globexl: 3:03am On Sep 03, 2011
CORRECTIONS:
The old testament was compiled around 650bc  when the ancient isrealites were exiled in Babylon as an atempt by the priest and elders to chronicle and preserve their history for the  generations of Isrealites.  Much of the older books were copied from much older mesapotamian texts.
Many of the books were also copied from sacred Egyptian texts which the Isrealites had been privy to while in Egypt for 400yrs. The Isrealite priests simply inserted their supreme deity, yahweh, in the places where the babylonians and egyptians had theirs.
Sacred texts discovered in mesapotamia by modern archeologist clearly show that much of the biblical tales such as creation, adam and eve, Noah and the flood, the tower of babel, the destruction of sodom and Gomorrah were copied from babylonian texts that predated the bible by several thousand years. the anciaent Babylonian texts are called The Enuma Elish, Era Eppos and Atra Hasis. Just google these nanes and read what is available on them.
the new testament books were written by unknown writers around 300Ad and was put together by a Synod of Bishops who had the task of selecting from among the hundreds of religious texts and epistles floating around at that time. They were tasked with  determining which of the books  seemed the most authentic ,and ofcourse, to reject the  ones that contradicted the articles of the new faith. In the process, about 65 books altogether were rejected because their themes fell outside of the scope of both the religious and political objectives of the new Roman Universal(catholic) church. These rejected books are called the non-canonical books and are available for anyone that is curious to know.

Over the centuries much of the bible has been redacted and revised periodically to fit into new theological ideas and dogma. an example of redaction and revision is psalms 82.
In the older versions of the bible, it reads: "Jehovah for judgement in the mids of the elohim(elohim is a plural, meaning assembly of the gods) where he is judged by the elohim for not protecting the weak and the poor". In the modern versions today, the same chapter reads: "God sits in the assembly of the mighty(?) where he jugdes among them". The question you should be asking is: who are these unnamed mighty that the God , the creator of the universe should sit among?For those that have doubts  or for the religious police about to shout me down, I suggest you google any of these topics to see the wealth of information that is avavilable. Do not take my word for it. Do the search on your own.
Another good and sensible question worht asking is : If the Bibile is the infaling word of god, the almighty written by inspired prophets , then WHERE ARE THE ORIGINAL TEXTSS from which they were translated? Pls dont tell me that they lost or threw   away the originals and kept the copies.
Thank you

(1) (Reply)

What Does Nigeria Need? / Shalom Odinma / US Anti-islam Filmmaker Nakoula Basseley Nakoula Jailed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.