Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,895 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Logistics Or Supply Chain Management - Career (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Logistics Or Supply Chain Management (152697 Views)

Poll: What modes of training would you prefer for CIPS or CILT AND APICS or ISM professional programs?

Self study: 20% (2 votes)
Class room based lecture: 20% (2 votes)
Supported learning ( CD,Study Note/Guide): 50% (5 votes)
Lecture/assisted revisions (close to exams): 10% (1 vote)
Online/webinars lectures: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

j / Supply Chain Management OR Project Management / Logistics And Supply Chain Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by daramolanas1(m): 7:31am On Nov 01, 2016
gracebeing:

My email address is bvokeowo@outlook.com
thank you please check your inbox.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by gracebeing(f): 11:45am On Nov 08, 2016
saintkeppy:
Just attend the certification first then apply for the job. I have knowledge about SCM. We can talk later
I have diploma already but all the job openings I've seen require experience and that I do not have. I won't mind if you help me with entry level procurement job. Thanks.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by archdon: 12:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
Hello all,

Someone kindly, assist me with CIPS study packs or other e-books or books that I can read for study in preparation for CIPS.

God Bless you abundantly as you help, recession will not come near you.

My mail is akinoyeyele@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by archdon: 5:21pm On Nov 09, 2016
Which Nigerian university offers MSc in Procurement?
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by saintkeppy(m): 11:50pm On Nov 11, 2016
gracebeing:

I have diploma already but all the job openings I've seen require experience and that I do not have. I won't mind if you help me with entry level procurement job. Thanks.
How many years experience have you seen so far in the job advert. I would advice you apply even if as internship or to under-study an experience officer so as to get a Lil experience, that's get used to the job descriptions of a procurement professional to enable you vie for an experienced role. If there's money, Go for SAP applications training. That's the strategy.
I don't have any procurement vacancy/jobs for now but i'll relate with you if I come across any1. Where are u based if I may ask? U can drop ur contact number on ur profile, i'll get it later. Talk to u soonest.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by archdon: 8:19am On Nov 12, 2016
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by archdon: 8:23am On Nov 12, 2016
uchecho:
Dear fellow SCM Professionals,

Please I am an MSC student of SCM and have the following assignment. However, I have difficulty meeting the deadline due to my work schedule. Therefore if you have materials or know a way to make things easy for me please let me know.

"[b]Manufacturing/service process design is based on a considerable number of different variables and represents, in essence, a number of trade-offs. Depending on the nature of the business, the nature of the product, and the nature of the market place, the chosen process design will obviously be different.

A. By taking as an example an organization or a product from an industry that you are familiar with, critically discuss the main factors that influence the choice of a manufacturing/service process design. (70% of the mark)

B. How do you see the main principles of project management aiding the operations manager/manageress in introducing change to the process/system? (30% of the mark)

ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
Your answer should not exceed 2,500 words, word-processed (letter size 12, Times New Roman, 1.5 space); scripts that are excessively long (i.e. exceeding the limit by more than 10%) will not be read beyond the point of the word limit. The word limit applies to the main report only, and excludes exhibits, cover page, list of references, etc. The paper should include a cover page (which should give your student number, assignment name, date and number of words, but not your name), table of contents, numbered pages and a list of references. The body text should be fully referenced (Harvard Referencing System), with clear introduction, discussion and conclusion sections. Please note that assignment marks will also be based on aspects such as use of examples, figures, tables, illustrations and statistics that indicate wider/independent reading.

Thanks

Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by gracebeing(f): 8:47pm On Nov 13, 2016
saintkeppy:
How many years experience have you seen so far in the job advert. I would advice you apply even if as internship or to under-study an experience officer so as to get a Lil experience, that's get used to the job descriptions of a procurement professional to enable you vie for an experienced role. If there's money, Go for SAP applications training. That's the strategy.
I don't have any procurement vacancy/jobs for now but i'll relate with you if I come across any1. Where are u based if I may ask? U can drop ur contact number on ur profile, i'll get it later. Talk to u soonest.

Thank you for your response, I'm based in Lagos. Please check your mail, I PMed you.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Eberex(m): 3:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
For me i started off as a site/project engineer for more than 4 years and then asked to join the procurement department. I have been on this for more than 3 years now. Though it wasn't my plan but right now it seems the company is keeping me on this position.

My question: what advantage is it for someone like me who is already on the field and someone who isn't on the field and only studies the handbooks, if we are both to write the exam?
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by airsaylongcon: 11:22pm On Nov 17, 2016
Eberex:
For me i started off as a site/project engineer for more than 4 years and then asked to join the procurement department. I have been on this for more than 3 years now. Though it wasn't my plan but right now it seems the company is keeping me on this position.

My question: what advantage is it for someone like me who is already on the field and someone who isn't on the field and only studies the handbooks, if we are both to write the exam?

Your experience in the field will trump any inexperienced newbie who is just reading. I studied computing and somehow ended up in Warehousing doing inventory management. I was recently reading a book on Warehousing Science and I was surprised how much I full understood the book and the rationale behind certain things we were doing in d warehouse. Others who attend with me had zero Warehousing experience and struggled badly.

1 Like

Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Eberex(m): 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Your experience in the field will trump any inexperienced newbie who is just reading. I studied computing and somehow ended up in Warehousing doing inventory management. I was recently reading a book on Warehousing Science and I was surprised how much I full understood the book and the rationale behind certain things we were doing in d warehouse. Others who attend with me had zero Warehousing experience and struggled badly.

Thanks, i plan on taking the exam next year.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Biliamin(m): 3:23am On Nov 23, 2016
Psalhadeen:

Pls I need d Lagos office address of CIPMN

I can't remember the house number correctly but sure of Falolu street, off Palm groove bus stop. I think they are on no 22 or something. You may make enquiry when you enter the street. However, my last visit was 2009. I am not able to confirm if they had relocated or not. Best of luck
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by mrcokoro(m): 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2016
Good evening guys. Please I'll really love to go for a professional course in logistics and supply chain management. Am a graduate of pure chemistry. I'll be glad if I can be referred to a good study center or professional education body here in port Harcourt. Thanks I'll be so happy to get a feedback since u guys are already in the field.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by archdon: 8:13am On Dec 02, 2016
Good morning,
If you have the level 4 CIPS UK course textbook, all five modules and you're willing to part with it for a fee.

PM me
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 11, 2016
Hello guys,
I recently came across this thread it was too informative thumps up to everyone on this thread.I would like to know on what level a will one with Btech in Quantity surveying start on the CIPS and also i want to self study.please answers would be highly appreciated thanks.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 21, 2016
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by laudate: 2:20am On Dec 27, 2016
archdon:

None. sad There are too few lecturers with a Ph.D in this discipline (i.e. Supply Chain Mgt) who are available locally on our shores, holding down full-time academic positions, to build up an adequate pool of qualified teaching staff. It is an area that private universities should explore.

It is easier and maybe faster, to obtain certifications in the field (e.g. CIPS, ISM,CILT, CIPP, IACCM etc), and couple it with work experience. Believe me, you learn more through hands-on experience in the field.

airsaylongcon:

True! You will even do better in your exams & certification tests, than someone who lacks any work experience in the field.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by MacMaster01(m): 5:54am On Jan 06, 2017
Hi guys, can some one share the breakdown of CIPS, level 4, 5 and 6 exam costs (the 5 papers each) in naira preferably.

1 Like

Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by dcal001: 7:47pm On Jan 15, 2017
Hi, pls who here has done or is planning to do apics cscp?
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Sammiejo: 10:52am On Jan 19, 2017
dcal001:
Planning to do this and ISM's CPSM this year.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by dcal001: 2:56pm On Jan 19, 2017
Sammiejo:

Planning to do this and ISM's CPSM this year.

Good. I will PM you

1 Like

Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by automophosis(m): 8:55am On Jan 20, 2017
I am a graduate of Geography. I desire to have a career in Logistics and Supply Chain Management. My question is, can it be possible? Where do I start?
Please any good hearted fellow should help put me through.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Chysleak: 7:43pm On Jan 20, 2017
Hi sir,
Please kindly send me the CIPS study pack...i just want to start preparing for the exams.i intend going for the diploma in procurement and supply.thanks for your assistance .( agwuc@ymail.com)
victorVIC1:
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by dcal001: 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2017
automophosis:
I am a graduate of Geography. I desire to have a career in Logistics and Supply Chain Management. My question is, can it be possible? Where do I start?
Please any good hearted fellow should help put me through.
Start by getting an entry level job in this field. Look for internships/volunteer work if the jobs are not available.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Sammiejo: 12:23pm On Jan 25, 2017
dcal001:

Good. I will PM you
I responded to the notification. No response afterwards.
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by nnaemekajoe: 7:26pm On Jan 27, 2017
good day,

please am in dire need of CIPS level 4 study pack,anyone that has either for sale or free,please do contact me chinox@yahoo.com

thanks
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by GiftOfLyf: 2:51pm On Feb 10, 2017
dcal001:
Which APICS centre in Naija are u enrolling, I plan to go for APICS CPIM
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by dcal001: 5:23pm On Feb 11, 2017
Sammiejo:

I responded to the notification. No response afterwards.

I have replied your mail since. Pls check and respond
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by dcal001: 5:25pm On Feb 11, 2017
GiftOfLyf:

Which APICS centre in Naija are u enrolling, I plan to go for APICS CPIM
The exams are electronic , you will get a center after pay for the exams
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Abbycuttie(f): 10:44am On Feb 13, 2017
I'm an accounting graduate, I've had like two years experience as an inventory officer n I currently got a new job on this same role this month please what professional course can I delve into ...... Alto I'm thinking of going for Chartered Institute of Supply Chain Management sCM. please enlighten me more. thanks
Re: Logistics Or Supply Chain Management by Sammiejo: 4:19pm On Feb 13, 2017
dcal001:

I have replied your mail since. Pls check and respond

Responded today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25) (Reply)

Salary Of Fresh Graduate Level 8 At Nigerian Communications Commission - NCC / What Nigerian Banks Pay Their Workers / Nigerian Police Aptitude Test Past Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.