Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? (6434 Views)

Developing A Company Profile And Writing A Business Proposal / Lists Of Building Materials Imported From China / Planning On Going Into Mortuary Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 01, 2011
i thot of investing and guess what came into my mind??

building of a mortuary,

nairalanders please help me, wot du u think?? are there any spiritual implications,

do i need to make any diabolic sacrifices??

anyone with experience in this are should help
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 02, 2011
There is nothing wrong with the idea, but you just have to be prayerful and make sure you dish out quality services far better than what we've seen before. I know it sounds and looks weird to you, but it's just because of the way we have been running and operating mortuaries in Nigeria. Make a difference and time will tell.
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 02, 2011
There is nothing weird, as far as I'm concerned a morgue is a gigantic freezer where cadavers are kept, after the soul leaves the body becomes useless unless the dead man willed his organs while alive.

Big business if you ask but can you surmount the power problem? You do not want bodies to start rotting under your care and you have to be very careful to ensure you do not give out the wrong body to the wrong family.

Success
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by Kx: 1:43pm On Sep 02, 2011
at op
Weird indeed.
Not that people are not doing it but is dis the best bix idea u can easily come up with?
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by garbigarba: 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2011
grin grin grin grin its a rily nice idea, buh u must be able to surmount d power problems in d country, and asides dat try to avoid ritualist who steal human body parts, same goes for the cliffords nd the orji's grin grin grin
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by NatGas(m): 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2011
Go ahead its a good one at least u will save the Mortuary cost for ur funeral.lol

Jokes apart, I once tot of it but it will really take longer time to recoup ur money cos as far as I know mortuary fee is not really expensive and the cost of building the structure with power problem.i think that is why most individual don't venture into it.other than power problem i dont think u really have a problem.just make ur services better.
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by otokx(m): 4:12pm On Sep 02, 2011
Do your homework well and then go for it.
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by brianon: 4:12pm On Sep 02, 2011
Like others have said, if you are going to do it, do it better than the competition. Then your service will be in demand. Starting off small and growing, instead of jumping right in big and risking a big crash, can help with that.
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by amtalkin(f): 4:15pm On Sep 02, 2011
so wat will be ur pray request if this mortuary biz stop moving?
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by GMcompere: 4:18pm On Sep 02, 2011
@ Poster

Every business needs prayer and i guess your number one prayer point for this mortuary business is "Lord let people die" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by Jarus(m): 4:19pm On Sep 02, 2011
How does one pray for you now? For your business to grow? cheesy Or what?
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 02, 2011
Site it in Abuja
Boko Haram is catalyzing the influx of customers there nowadays.
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by haboosa(m): 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2011
Jarus:

, grin grin grin grin grin grin, may be you pray so that many people should continue to die ko? that i think is wierd God help you sha undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by armyofone(m): 4:49pm On Sep 02, 2011
maybe also add cremation as part for who ever want to do cremation.

maybe he asked for prayers cuz of the idea of spirit, remember when growing up and going to the stream or going to fetch water in the evening, you see something with white cloth from head to toe and they say it's spirit of the dead. but how the spirit take wear white clothes now? i'm still pondering how true.

Africans and superstition  undecided
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by GMcompere: 4:50pm On Sep 02, 2011
@Poster

I suggest you open the business inAbuja, Maiduguri and Jos.
Also partner with Bokos to grow your business  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by mafolayomi(f): 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2011
Okoro2015:

Site it in Abuja
Jarus:

GMcompere:

@ Poster

Every business needs prayer and i guess your number one prayer point for this mortuary business is "Lord let people die" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

am talkin:

so wat will be your pray request if this mortuary biz stop moving?

u guys ar clowns grin grin. dis kind of question actually came up when i was in still secondary sch, a classmate of mine did not pay for a particular thing, cant really rem wat it was, so my teacher was forced to ask her of her father's occupatuion, d girl innocently answered him dat d father sells cofffin, my teahcer was so so surprised dat he asked d girl of what her father's prayer point is always about?  d girl was so ashamed, trust students now, we all started laughing and even gave d girl a nickname sincec dat day (omo baba oniposi) grin grin
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by LesbianBoy(m): 5:15pm On Sep 02, 2011
GMcompere:

@Poster

I suggest you open the business inAbuja, Maiduguri and Jos.
Also partner with Bokos to grow your business  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Imanuelle <<<<<<<< bro listen to this it will helps you, wink
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by Greenslim: 5:29pm On Sep 02, 2011
Is all about meeting needs. O.K
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by mbatuku1: 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2011
Death is inevitable. I doubt you'll run out of business, expect it becomes your turn.

Also, make sure you have a part-time job so your kids could feel proud of saying their father's profession outside.
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by r231(m): 5:57pm On Sep 02, 2011
Jarus:

hahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by mallorca(m): 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2011
lmao ;d
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by WebSurfer(m): 6:36pm On Sep 02, 2011
lol,,,, get prepared oo. no mind this peopleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by basadenet: 6:36pm On Sep 02, 2011
It is just a normal business, so i will advice you to consult Native Doctor (Babalawo) or  you can contact  Ghost busters in America. lol.
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by mobf: 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2011
Okoro2015:

Site it in Abuja

You are sick angry
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by eros(m): 6:57pm On Sep 02, 2011
OP,

You are getting yourself into dreaded waters. Mortuary business is one business everybody loves to hate you for.

But then, i am trying to imagine you on your kneels or in church asking God to bring more customers and someday you will also be a customers of your own business . . . . . shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by ChrisChino(m): 7:34pm On Sep 02, 2011
bros, aside from poor electricity suplly, anoder issue is dat many corpse from accidents are left in d mourg for long without anyone coming to claim dem. dey occupies space & reduce capacity.
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 02, 2011
Goodluck to you. . .na condition make crayfish bend.
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by adhoc: 8:09pm On Sep 02, 2011
I think mortuary business is not too lucrative compared to the nagative perception the society will have of you.
your children, wife and family will be stigmatised and that could make them have complex issues.
i have not seen anyone engaged in mortuary business that is not or at least tagged diabolical and evil.

The 2nd reason why you can not run the business successfully is the obvious which is power,and accident victims that may not be claimed for a longgggg time.

This kind of business can only be run by govt, big time private hospitals .

In all I think you should drop the idea of mortuary especially if you are bellow 50yrs and think of Cold room instead if you have excess power to play with.
Do your feasibility studies, i guarantee you, Cold room is more profitable, honourable, and clean.
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by shawonlese: 8:22pm On Sep 02, 2011
Mortuary may not be a good business.

Advertise your products and services

Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by Digriz(m): 8:32pm On Sep 02, 2011
ad hoc:

I think mortuary business is not too lucrative compared to the nagative perception the society will have of you.
your children, wife and family will be stigmatised and that could make them have complex issues.
i have not seen anyone engaged in mortuary business that is not or at least tagged diabolical and evil.

The 2nd reason why you can not run the business successfully is the obvious which is power,and accident victims that may not be claimed for a longgggg time.

This kind of business can only be run by govt, big time private hospitals .

In all I think you should drop the idea of mortuary especially if you are bellow 50yrs and think of Cold room instead if you have excess power to play with.
Do your feasibility studies, i guarantee you, Cold room is more profitable, honourable, and clean.
@op i think u hv to listen to ths guy coz he gave a nice advice. I was trying to say smtin abt accident victims corpses whch wl be ur major challenge.
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by alphabet43(m): 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2011
Very good business idea
Re: I'm Thinking of Building a Mortuary, Weird? by Russialane(m): 9:19pm On Sep 02, 2011
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

FCMB And Systemspecs Sign MoU, Launch A Payroll Solution For SMEs / Online Business..........lets Discuss / FIRS Gets N23bn Unpaid Taxes From Corporate Firms After Accounts Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.