Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan (10193 Views)

The Nairaland Appeal Fund to buy WAEC form for General Muhammadu Buhari / Vote Mr Ibu For President 2015 Campaign See Poster / Basketmouth For President, Julius Agwu For Governor (rivers State) 2015!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by Gbenge77(m): 9:36pm On Sep 01, 2011
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by Sunofgod(m): 9:41pm On Sep 01, 2011
Where can I donate?

A group of concerned Nigerians have launched an emergency appeal to raise money to buy shoes for their President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

The appeal was made immediately after photos in which the president appeared barefooted were published on the internet.

According to the young man leading the appeal effort:

“When people saw the pictures of Mikel Obi visiting the president to thank him that government rescued his father from kidnappers, they started saying things like ‘why cant government rescue other people that are not famous? Is it the president or the police that he should be thanking? Why is GEJ even accepting this kind of visit and smiling like mumu when Boko Haram are still bombing everywhere, cholera is killing people like flies and flood is washing Nigerians away along with their property and even family?’

“But for me, all that is nonsense. What should concern any good citizen is that our president, who said he had no shoes when he was growing up, still doesn’t have shoes!

“I mean, just look at that picture. You can see that he’s not wearing shoes. A whole president, exposing his bare feet like that for the whole world to see. It is not presidential.”

Concerned citizens are being implored to send money or shoes to the president -UK size 8.
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by Sunofgod(m): 9:44pm On Sep 01, 2011
Money cannot buy 'Class'. . . . . .
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by LoveKing(m): 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2011
i'm getting mixed feelings
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by Gbenge77(m): 9:52pm On Sep 01, 2011
Refreshing stuff.
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by okadaman2: 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2011
My Oga nor like shoes at all o shocked

WAZOBIA go kill pesin grin

Jokes apart though, Many Nigerians don't wear shoes around the house, especially on rugs/carpet. Jonathan is just keeping it real I like it. it's just natural.

We ignore shoes on rugs more because most of our roads are not tarred, we rarely do landscaping or keep grasses around the house, hence the presence of dust, mud and sand close to home making our shoes very dirty.

Abeg make una free  my Jonathan on this one, he did nothing but act like a regular Nigerian. We like him like that.
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by aletheia(m): 10:04pm On Sep 01, 2011
Moderator: why is this thread not in the Jokes section? This cheapens the political section. It's satire but we know that a lot commentators in this political section will not recognize that. After all Bakare called all of us i diot s.
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by Sunofgod(m): 10:07pm On Sep 01, 2011
okada_man:

My Oga nor like shoes at all o shocked

WAZOBIA go kill pesin grin

Jokes apart though, Many Nigerians don't wear shoes around the house, especially on rugs/carpet. Jonathan is just keeping it real I like it. it's just natural.

We ignore shoes on rugs more because most of our roads are not tarred, we rarely do landscaping or keep grasses around the house, hence the presence of dust, mud and sand close to home making out shoes very dirty.

Abeg make una free  my Jonathan on this one, he did nothing but act like a regular Nigerian. We like him like that.

But why he no wear slipper?
Or some socks? (You may know this as 'stockings')

His 'Crib' must be landscaped - make no excusses for his 'localness'.
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by okadaman2: 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2011
Sun of god:

But why he no wear slipper?
Or some socks? (You may know this as 'stockings')

His 'Crib' must be landscaped - make no excusses for his 'localness'.

Habit now, its hard to break.
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2011
ROTFLMAO!! OMG!!! cheesy grin cheesy

Nigerians will not kill pesin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 01, 2011
Why is GEJ even accepting this kind of visit and smiling like mumu when Boko Haram are still bombing everywhere, cholera is killing people like flies and flood is washing Nigerians away along with their property and even family?’

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by okadaman2: 10:17pm On Sep 01, 2011
Concerned citizens are being implored to send money or shoes to the president -UK size 8.

Please kindly send your shoe donation as soon as possible. It is very urgent

We will also accept Aba-made and Tokunboh shoes embarassed
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by tpia5: 10:20pm On Sep 01, 2011
were his shoes photoshopped out of the picture or was he uncomfortable and removed them for a couple of minutes?
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by Gbenge77(m): 10:23pm On Sep 01, 2011
okada_man:

Please kindly send your shoe donation as soon as possible. It is very urgent

We will also accept Aba-made and Tokunboh shoes  embarassed
lol.
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by OAM4J: 10:32pm On Sep 01, 2011
Not funny, am just laffing grin grin grin

Moved to Joke Section!
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by vedaxcool(m): 10:36pm On Sep 01, 2011
shocked shocked Dying of amusement DOA shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin please we need contributions i go donate N20. please lets help our president.
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by unipol(m): 10:43pm On Sep 01, 2011
una no go kill person
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by fomesezy(f): 10:57pm On Sep 01, 2011
dat na wa oh grin grin
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by ice234: 6:48am On Sep 02, 2011
Let's donate first to send his wife to school
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by yinkalink(f): 6:52am On Sep 02, 2011
Lol. Its none of my business whether he wears shoes or walks like a cele man. D so-called money can be re-routed to my acct where we‘ll make good use of it. grin
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by nagoma(m): 11:33am On Sep 02, 2011
He is not used to wearing shoes. Abi na by force??
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by badmrkt(m): 11:44am On Sep 02, 2011
simplicity in midst of aboudance, so humble and simple even when he has double.
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by executinal(m): 11:46am On Sep 02, 2011
Sun of god:

Where can I donate?

A group of concerned Nigerians have launched an emergency appeal to raise money to buy shoes for their President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

The appeal was made immediately after photos in which the president appeared barefooted were published on the internet.

According to the young man leading the appeal effort:

“When people saw the pictures of Mikel Obi visiting the president to thank him that government rescued his father from kidnappers, they started saying things like ‘why cant government rescue other people that are not famous? Is it the president or the police that he should be thanking? Why is GEJ even accepting this kind of visit and smiling like mumu when Boko Haram are still bombing everywhere, cholera is killing people like flies and flood is washing Nigerians away along with their property and even family?’

“But for me, all that is nonsense. What should concern any good citizen is that our president, who said he had no shoes when he was growing up, still doesn’t have shoes! grin grin

“I mean, just look at that picture. You can see that he’s not wearing shoes grin grin. A whole president, exposing his bare feet like that for the whole world to see. It is not presidential.”

How do we donate? Cash or, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Jona don suffer for Naija people hand grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by Reggie2(m): 11:46am On Sep 02, 2011
i smell 419. it be like say poster wan dupe us to donate money. i reject it in jesus name!!!
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by NJV: 11:48am On Sep 02, 2011
Very silly joke. Not funny.
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:48am On Sep 02, 2011
okada_man , Sun of god , he is teaching you (if you are the dirty type cheesy cheesy) to be clean at home grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by redcliff: 11:49am On Sep 02, 2011
Some people r just bush, aren't you guys seeing that the picture is cut and they r only showing one of his legs, which means that he could have crossed his legs and left one leg of his slippers on the floor. Some people do it sign of bigmanism.[color=#990000][/color][code][/code]
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by Kx: 11:50am On Sep 02, 2011
Sun of god:

[size=16pt]Money cannot buy 'Class'. . . . . .
[/size]

seconded
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by cold(m): 11:59am On Sep 02, 2011
While being a tough critic of the president I don't see the big deal with going barefoot in the state house like that is our most pressing problem at the moment.I wonder what we'd be saying if the president decides to go bare chested like Putin and Obama.Oh I forgot,those are Western leaders
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzfHrBoNorc

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzfHrBoNorc[/url][/flash]

I could add this for emphasis

Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 02, 2011
Sun of god:

Money cannot buy 'Class'. . . . . .

You killed it.
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by isleman(m): 12:02pm On Sep 02, 2011
for heaven sake he is representing 150million people. Once the press are there there he must be courteous. He can be himself in the corner most part of his room not in public representing us.

Bush SWAG!!! angry angry angry
Re: Nigerians Launch Appeal Fund To Buy Shoes For President Jonathan by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 02, 2011
im not a gej fan but im gona stand 4him on dis one, almst all nigerians dont were shoes whl in their living room, it has nothing to do with class rather its a habit which most nigerians r guilty of irrespective of ones statute so free him on dis one and lets take him on issues dat are germane to making a better nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If I Slap You..... / Revealed: Kim K Nudes Were Sent To Jay Z …(see Pic) / Our Superstar Beyonce Lol Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.