Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,460 members, 7,843,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Globacom to Pay N 34 million Fine for Disobeying NCC Reconnection Order! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Globacom to Pay N 34 million Fine for Disobeying NCC Reconnection Order! (1490 Views)

Lobatan - NCC Fines Their Own Globacom #34 Million / Cybercrime: Doing This On The Internet Can Send You To Prison – NCC / NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Globacom to Pay N 34 million Fine for Disobeying NCC Reconnection Order! by Seun(m): 2:36pm On Apr 15, 2005
From Technology Times:
[I]"The Nigerian Communications Commission, in line with section 53 (1) of the Nigerian Communications Act, has on April 7, 2004 issued a Direction to Globacom Limited demanding the payment of a penalty of 34 million Naira to the Commission for flagrantly refusing to reconnect certain private telecom operators 24 days after the expiration of the seven-day period within which to comply"[/I]
(NCC Head of Public Affairs, Dave Imoko)

The PTOs in question are XPT, ITN and Disc Communications Limited (Discom).
Re: Globacom to Pay N 34 million Fine for Disobeying NCC Reconnection Order! by Angelgirl(f): 5:31pm On Apr 15, 2005
Whoah this is serious! sad
Re: Globacom to Pay N 34 million Fine for Disobeying NCC Reconnection Order! by mamba(m): 11:08pm On Apr 16, 2005
What's going to happen to the money when it's paid
Re: Globacom to Pay N 34 million Fine for Disobeying NCC Reconnection Order! by Seun(m): 3:03am On Apr 17, 2005
Oh, and by the way, if they continue disobeying the order they wil be fined 1 million naira more per day!

1 Like

Re: Globacom to Pay N 34 million Fine for Disobeying NCC Reconnection Order! by solo2(m): 3:29pm On Apr 17, 2005
Globacom knows the rule and the law of NCC. I do not think they will refuse to pay.
Re: Globacom to Pay N 34 million Fine for Disobeying NCC Reconnection Order! by mamba(m): 11:40am On Apr 19, 2005
The money goes to NCC and then what?
Re: Globacom to Pay N 34 million Fine for Disobeying NCC Reconnection Order! by Seun(m): 12:00pm On Apr 19, 2005
That's an interesting question. I have no idea where the money goes. Does NCC use all this money for its regulatory activities? Is telecom regulation really that expensive?

1 Like

Re: Globacom to Pay N 34 million Fine for Disobeying NCC Reconnection Order! by solo2(m): 5:03pm On Apr 20, 2005
Do not forget that this is another way of income for the Government. The money will be accounted for as at when due. Like the inland revenue and other agencies.
Re: Globacom to Pay N 34 million Fine for Disobeying NCC Reconnection Order! by eolutosin(m): 5:41pm On Apr 22, 2005
Hm... sorry I am just replying this. I am just surprised at the turn of events. I still dont understand why NCC is deciding to make GLOBACOM the scapegoat. There had been cases of disconnection in the past and NCC didn't do anything about it. I just hope that they are doing this with good fate. Anyway, time will tell...
Re: Globacom to Pay N 34 million Fine for Disobeying NCC Reconnection Order! by yomade007(m): 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2009
Globacom knows d rule I'm sure they will pay the fine to avoid embarashment

(1) (Reply)

My Motorola RAZR, Interested? / Nokia N99 / Who Knows The Website Address Of Slot And Revive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.