Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate (33356 Views)

When A Deadbeat Dad Gets Old And Weary. / Should I Tell My Dad About My Cheating Stepmom? / Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by ExAngel007(f): 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2022
A boy's conversation with his father about his Christmas gift has been shared online by the boy's mother and this has started a debate.

In screenshots of their chat, the boy asked his father if he got him and his siblings anything for Christmas and the father said he did.

The boy then asked his father how they can get the gift but the father said they will get it when he is "free" because their mother did "too much" and she made him "mad".

The boy hit back and asked his father why his mother making him mad should have anything to do with his kids.

The boy also told his father that it's fine if he didn't get them anything for Christmas but insisted his father shouldn't blame it on his mother.

The father then called the son and asked him to pick the call but he refused and replied to his father, "I'll call you when I'm free."

Sharing the screenshot, the boy's mother wrote: "And my son handled their deadbeat daddy very well! He think he can tell my 13 year old anything! He outspoken, not disrespectful."

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/12/boys-converstaion-with-his-deadbeat-dad-about-christmas-gift-sparks-debate-2.html

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by ExAngel007(f): 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2022
The post has started a debate about whether the boy was
disrespectful to his father or was simply being assertive.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by Michelle55: 6:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
He ironed his dad out quite well, whatever beef the man got with his baby mama has got nothing to do with his kids, in fact he shouldn't have mentioned her in his conversation with his son.

More reason why it's best to raise my kids alone without involving their deadbeat father if that ever happens, I no get time to shalaye.
Just don't teach them to hate, they would turn out great eventually.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by nicerod(m): 6:25pm On Dec 28, 2022
grin grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 28, 2022
The woman probably poisoning his mind overtime. And the man actually messed up for bringing their mom up on that discussion. If it was me I would play my part very well and no matter what he's been fed with he will eventually find the truth of the whole ish. I pray I don't get to find myself in such a horrible setting

117 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by GoldenJAT(m): 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2022
Everyone has a mind of their own!! He started it!! Respect is a two way thing!!

17 Likes

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by Richy4(m): 1:47am On Dec 29, 2022
The dad was totally wrong... If indeed he wanted to get something for them, he would have called or texted the kids to ask their mother for their measurements instead of their mum... It's not rocket science...

In my opinion, the last comment of that kid was disrespectful.. I wonder why the mother was so proud of sharing that instead of cautioning him...It might backfire on her someday if she continues to indulge that kind of comment... He might also say that to her someday if not corrected at this early stage.

54 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by LadySarah: 5:49am On Dec 29, 2022
All I got to say is that Nigerians are paying for ielts grin while I'm reading this mumbo Jumbo.

Our leaders have wrought wickedness on us.

134 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by Kobojunkie: 5:57am On Dec 29, 2022
ExAngel007:
The boy also told his father that it's fine if he didn't get them anything for Christmas but insisted his father shouldn't blame it on his mother.

The father then called the son and asked him to pick the call but he refused and replied to his father, "I'll call you when I'm free."
The boy has every right to be pissed off given the nonsense excuses the papa give am naw! Are kids not allowed to be pissed or something? undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by dahmie2013: 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2022
Richy4:
The dad was totally wrong... If indeed he wanted to get something for them, he would have called or texted the kids to ask their mother for their measurements instead of their mum... It's not rocket science...

In my opinion, the last comment of that kid was disrespectful.. I wonder why the mother was so proud of sharing that instead of cautioning him...It might backfire on her someday if she continues to indulge that kind of comment... He might also say that to her someday if not corrected at this early stage.
Nothing was wrong with the last comment. The child was simply angry and did not want to pick his call. The child even did well to want to return the call.

12 Likes

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by Foodqueen(f): 3:52pm On Dec 29, 2022
If u know how bittered single mothers are, you will know she type that shit herself.

118 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by Richy4(m): 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2022
dahmie2013:

Nothing was wrong with the last comment. The child was simply angry and did not want to pick his call. The child even did well to want to return the call.
We might share different opinion but I won't want my kids tell me such crap...
The father was not a role model no two ways about that but in a normal circumstances..
No 13yr old child of mine will tell me that he will return my call when he is free...If u see nothing wrong with it, that is perfect, but I do..and I frown at any kind of disrespect.. embarassed

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by UniversalDove: 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2022
Dont blame the 13 year old boy.
He doesn't understand life yet, neither does he understand how manipulative mothers/women can be.

Once he gets older, he'll understand the true story

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by Omaniano: 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2022
Omo

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by EmmyDJourno: 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2022
Women be shaming men since the Garden, did she have to put this online, nonsense

10 Likes

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by Sultty(m): 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2022
angry some women don't deserve to be married tbh. From her action we all can see she's the one who made the husband mad. Vagina people 1:0 men dem

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by mbahdi(m): 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2022
Leprosy to every hand dat WI want to vote apc again

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by Guyman01: 4:11pm On Dec 29, 2022
That year I used to get angry at some uncles not sending me money in school or the generous ones sending something I take to be insignificant.

Today, my company downsized the staff and I was affected, here I am sitting on my bed, not going on vacation, not calling anyone to wish them happy Christmas because I am thinking about survival and then many of my cousins, nephews and nieces could probably be somewhere calling me "Deadbeat uncle", life na turn by turn, now I have realised what those uncles could be going through and I now appreciate those uncles who reached out to me in little ways.

That 13 year old boy been tutored by his mum to see his father as deadbeat will one day realise what made his dad to leave home because of what his mother is doing to him, by then his own children will refer to him as deadbeat.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by ednut1(m): 4:11pm On Dec 29, 2022
Tufiakwa . The Akata family dynamics is just one weird nonsense. How can you post chats of a father and Son. If i was the dad never chatting him again be that.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 29, 2022
I will only need to buy pairs of boxing gloves to meet that bastard son! Give him a pair while I use the other

When I am done with him, I will personally be calling 911 about someone been brutally beaten and needs help. I will report myself to the police afterwards.

8 Likes

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by Mandesz(m): 4:11pm On Dec 29, 2022
The children of these days are naturally a yahoo boy.

2 Likes

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by abobote: 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2022
Baby mama hiding behind her son's phone to torment the father

22 Likes

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by SeriouslySense(m): 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2022
The kid is like an adult grin grin. But the mother should encourage more respect and harmony, if everyone is right, who will listen to the other.

Give your father and mother basic respect, even if they do not deserve it. And parents should value their children more.

8 Likes

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by gentleman82: 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2022
Ok
Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by KingLennon(m): 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2022
In our time, who gave u the temerity to talk back (◔‿◔) but this generation of kids are not afraid.

The dad should not transfer his aggression to his kids. It's wrong!

3 Likes

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by Coinmamax: 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2022
Hmmm

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by Creditalerts: 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2022
Useless mother

7 Likes

Re: Boy's Converstaion With His 'Deadbeat' Dad About Christmas Gift Sparks Debate by OriOko88(m): 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2022
cool
Who else doesn't read the whole conversations like me. Very boring to read! Dey play

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money / Man Fights Wife For Not Using Vibrator After He Traveled Abroad / Son Pranks Father With Fake SMS Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.