Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Thank You Mother Teresa. I Believe In Your God Too. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thank You Mother Teresa. I Believe In Your God Too. (905 Views)

Why Is God Too Slow? / Did Mother Teresa Go To Heaven? / Must God Test Us? Can We Test God Too? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank You Mother Teresa. I Believe In Your God Too. by ALHAMBRA(m): 5:29pm On Aug 26, 2007
Thank God for the life of you, Mother Teresa. Private letters she wrote during her life time stood for the proposition that she was a passionate skeptic. She did very good deeds for the poor and the destitude. She cared for the unwanted and the despised. She taught the Bible and sang songs to praise her Maker. But did you know that all along she "lacked the faith" and doubted the preiminence of Jesus Christ? (Ref. NBC News, Wednesday).

By these revelations, optimists are saying that should she be canonized as a saint, she would be called "St. Teresa, saint of the Skeptics". And confessedly, that is where I come in. I hold the christian religion dearly but I doubt a thousand things about it.

Where do you stand?

With kind regards,

ALHAMBRA
Re: Thank You Mother Teresa. I Believe In Your God Too. by Dios(f): 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2007
She was a good person regardless so don't try to tear her down. I don't believe in her religion either but she represented "christ" well even tho she doubted his existence half time.
I should be canonized too, sh#t these catholics be making everybody saints, ima be the first living saint.
Re: Thank You Mother Teresa. I Believe In Your God Too. by ALHAMBRA(m): 8:41pm On Aug 26, 2007
Oh God, no. I shall never dare to tear her down. I am too afraid of God to challenge His Mother Teresa. You missed my point. I was struggling with my own faith then I heard about Mother Teresa's own struggle and took solace out of it. I was not doing any thing you suggested.

Regards.
Re: Thank You Mother Teresa. I Believe In Your God Too. by pilgrim1(f): 1:05pm On Aug 27, 2007
If she lived and spent her life for the cause of the Christ whose pre-eminence she supposedly doubted, then let Christ be her own Judge; and not those who now want to question her after her departure.
Re: Thank You Mother Teresa. I Believe In Your God Too. by Aproko(f): 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2007
"believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shall be saved" --- i always thought that was one of the roots of christainity so to speak. so if one doesn't believe in Jesus Christ is salvation still possible?

i have deep respect fro mother theresa, and nothing has changed. am only more convinced that believing in Jesus Christ alone without living a life that reflects those beliefs, is not enough to save you!! nobody should go about thinking a"afterall, all i have to do is confess my sins and i will be saved", its a lot more than that
Re: Thank You Mother Teresa. I Believe In Your God Too. by ALHAMBRA(m): 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2007
That is a good question. Mother Teresa's personal missives indicated that she struggled with the "pre-iminence" of Jesus Christ yet this woman suppassed in doing good deeds for the poor and the unwanted in the society. The Catholics who brought this into the open are saying that it is alright to be a good christian like Mother Teresa and still have your doubts about faith and the rest. For that matter, they still want to canonize her and make her the Saint of the Skeptics.

I think because they still want to go forward to canonize her in the future, then her position on faith and preiminence was and should be acceptable.

With kind regrads,

ALHAMBRA
Re: Thank You Mother Teresa. I Believe In Your God Too. by PTH(m): 1:07pm On Aug 29, 2007
Without faith - IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD. . . for he who comes to God must believe that He is God, and a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him

The bible cannot make itself much more simpler than that. Allegedly doing good deeds to the poor will get you no where.
Re: Thank You Mother Teresa. I Believe In Your God Too. by pilgrim1(f): 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2007
PTH:

Allegedly doing good deeds to the poor will get you no where.

. . and might I add: "doing such works for Christ's sake and still doubting His pre-eminence".

As I said, it is Christ Himself that would be her Judge - as He would be the Judge of everyone else.
Re: Thank You Mother Teresa. I Believe In Your God Too. by Aproko(f): 10:32pm On Aug 29, 2007
can anyone be a christain and doubt the pre-iminence of Christ? i'm tempted to believe that mother theresa was just a morally upright person, compassionate and the like. but like pilgrim said, only God can judge

(1) (Reply)

An Easter Challenge For All Christians: Invite your Pastors to Play too! / Why Are We Here? / Faith Or Reason - You Have To Decide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.