Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,397 members, 7,850,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:52 PM

Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. (1085 Views)

Now I Know The Reason Why Men Beat Their Wife At Home / Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage? / Why Do some Men Beat Their Wives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by Iyke1998(m): 12:19am On Dec 30, 2022

Re: Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by Kelechi009: 2:27am On Dec 30, 2022
Oh boy, and this guy na Pastor oh grin

By saying most men, that is around 90% of Nigerians. Which kain propaganda be this one?

This Pastor is from the east, I am sure he must be from Anambra state. Na dem dey beat their wives!

1 Like

Re: Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by PoliteActivist: 2:38am On Dec 30, 2022
See ignorance.
Some men beat their wives IN NIGERIA because there is no consequence and becasue of "education" from people like this.
Go to a place where you go to jail for touching a woman roughly, and where boys are taught from childhood not to hit a woman - no one beats his wife!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by Oluneutral: 2:49am On Dec 30, 2022
See ignorance!

And that's why most men die suddenly and untimely.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by Fiscus105(m): 4:55am On Dec 30, 2022
Beating wife should be condemned,the same way put ur husband in emotional truma must be highly condemned

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by Kobojunkie: 5:21am On Dec 30, 2022
Kelechi009:
Oh boy, and this guy na Pastor oh grin
By saying most men, that is around 90% of Nigerians. Which kain propaganda be this one?
This Pastor is from the east, I am sure he must be from Anambra state. Na dem dey beat their wives!
In a country where women and children are pretty much considered property and a woman is meant to lose her identity the moment she is married or in a relationship— those of them who do not conform are shamed— do you think that number is too high? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by Kobojunkie: 5:26am On Dec 30, 2022
Iyke1998:
I don't understand what he is even rambling on about. Is he attempting there to justify violence against those we consider our subordinates or what? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by Kelechi009: 5:50am On Dec 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
In a country where women and children are pretty much considered property and a woman is meant to lose her identity the moment she is married or in a relationship— those of them who do not conform are shamed— do you think that number is too high? undecided

You are stupid person for asking me this question.

Lets assume Nigeria is 250Million. Split that into 3, men, women and children, thats 83 Million. So you mean around 83 Million men or less are beating the other 83 Million who are women?

You people usually don't use your sense. This is why Tinubu deserves to rule this country because most of you are daft. The Anambra men beating their wives should sort themselves out and don't attempt to rope all of us in.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by Kobojunkie: 5:52am On Dec 30, 2022
Kelechi009:
1. You are stupid person for asking me this question. Lets assume Nigeria is 250Million. Split that into 3, men, women and children, thats 83 Million. So you mean around 83 Million men or less are beating the other 83 Million who are women?

2. You people usually don't use your sense. This is why Tinubu deserves to rule this country because most of you are daft. The Anambra men beating their wives should sort themselves out and don't attempt to rope all of us in.
1. This makes no sense at all for a numbers break down. undecided

2. Yet more rambling! undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by Kelechi009: 5:54am On Dec 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. This makes no sense at all for a numbers break down. undecided

2. Yet more rambling! undecided

Please don't quote me again idiot. You didn't do arithmetic in school hence don't know what 90% even percent means. Throwing figures around like Trump.
Re: Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by Kobojunkie: 5:59am On Dec 30, 2022
Kelechi009:
Please don't quote me again idiot. You didn't do arithmetic in school hence don't know what 90% even percent means. Throwing figures around like Trump.
Log off Nairaland then in order to get your wish granted. While you are at it, delete your past posts as well. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by Tallesty1(m): 6:01am On Dec 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That number is not just too high, it is unfounded.

On the issue of wives being considered as property, it is mostly women's fault.
If you and I are going into a business partnership and I solely fund and provide almost every other thing needed to get things up ad running then how exactly are we equal owners?

I recently read about a man who left the marriage venue and called of the marriage because he got tired of being unnecessarily billed by the girl's family.

A man asks for a woman's hand in marriage, he gets a billing list and the woman keeps quiet and allows him handle the bills.

When her family is satisfied, they hand her over to him and she changes her surname at the spot. grin change of ownership.
You can call this marriage because it is sweeter to hear but that is pure business arrangement.

What exactly is pride price? Why do we still pay it in this age and time?

We all know to give women a little more rights in their marriages but feminists and equal rights activists are not ready for the conversation because the whole setting benefits the woman's family.

One said that no amount of money paid is enough for what was used to train the girl and I asked, did the man's parents find him on the road already grown and employed?

Some argue that this shouldn't be an issue where there is love and i agree but people will always exploit situations.
Re: Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by Kelechi009: 6:06am On Dec 30, 2022
Fiscus105:
Beating wife should be condemned,the same way put ur husband in emotional truma must be highly condemned

You can't quantify emotional trauma, so it can't be punished. I may be wrong.
Re: Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by Kobojunkie: 6:14am On Dec 30, 2022
Tallesty1:
1. That number is not just too high, it is unfounded.

2..On the issue of wives being considered as property, it is mostly women's fault. If you and I are going into a business partnership and I solely fund and provide almost every other thing needed to get things up ad running then how exactly are we equal owners?

3. I recently read about a man who left the marriage venue and called of the marriage because he got tired of being unnecessarily billed by the girl's family. A man asks for a woman's hand in marriage, he gets a billing list and the woman keeps quiet and allows him handle the bills. When her family is satisfied, they hand her over to him and she changes her surname at the spot. grin change of ownership. You can call this marriage because it is sweeter to hear but that is pure business arrangement. What exactly is pride price? Why do we still pay it in this age and time?

4. We all know to give women a little more rights in their marriages but feminists and equal rights activists are not ready for the conversation because the whole setting benefits the woman's family. One said that no amount of money paid is enough for what was used to train the girl and I asked, did the man's parents find him on the road already grown and employed?

Some argue that this shouldn't be an issue where there is love and i agree but people will always exploit situations.
1. Majority abuse cases go unreported and many, like this pastor here, believe it the man's place to abuse a woman, so.? undecided

2. Osinachi was the breadwinner in her home yet she was treated by her husband, and lived as if property. So? undecided

3. Not all women out there come with a billing list, so if a man chooses to go with a woman who does, one he would likely have to support, are you suggesting that may also mean he is in his right to see her as property? Marriage in and of itself is a business agreement no matter how you look it, so whether the couple live as equal partners or form a master-slave type union, marriage is business. However, does the arrangement agreed upon really allow, legally, the one to consider the other no better than property? undecided

4. Give a woman a little more rights in marriage? I don't follow at all. What has equal rights to do with bride price? undecided

Love is defined by the marriage agreement so why attempt to use bride pride, a cultural idea, to define the relationship in marriage? undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by Tallesty1(m): 6:36am On Dec 30, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Majority abuse cases go unreported and many, like this pastor here, believe it the man's place to abuse a woman, so.? undecided
What is so?
If 90% of women are being abused and just 10% are not being abused then we have completely agreed that no man is being abused in his marriage.

Like I said, the stat is unfounded
Kobojunkie:

2. Osinachi was the breadwinner in her home yet she was treated by her husband, and lived as if property. So? undecided
That a person came first in examination doesn't mean he or she is the only person that did well. I never said that the way the marriage system is structured in Nigeria is the sole reason for abuse .
Kobojunkie:

3. Not all women out there come with a billing list, so if a man chooses to go with a woman who does, one he would likely have to support, are you suggesting that may also mean he is in his right to see her as property? Marriage in and of itself is a business agreement no matter how you look it, so whether the couple live as equal partners or form a master-slave type union, marriage is business. However, does the arrangement agreed upon really allow, legally, the one to consider the other no better than property? undecided
If we both agree that marriage is business then this discussion is no longer necessary.
The person with a bigger share in business is usually the boss, and in the marriage business, the start up cost is most times 100% a man's burden to bear.
Kobojunkie:

4. Give a woman a little more rights in marriage? I don't follow at all. What has equal rights to do with bride price? undecided
Explain bride price to me the way you explain football to some women and you may just answer your own question
Kobojunkie:

Love is defined by the marriage agreement so why attempt to use bride pride, a cultural idea, to define the relationship in marriage? undecided
I am not redefining marriage, I am telling you where some people get the justification for how they treat their women.

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by falcon01: 6:56am On Dec 30, 2022
Men that beat their wives have small diçk

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by LadyRosa(f): 7:19am On Dec 30, 2022
Only stupid men beat their wives .
Such men run away from real fight with other men.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by onumadu: 6:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
Well, this issue is very simple to figure out the truth (or falsehood) around it.
Just do this:

Step 1: Imagine that the woman is your mother or your sister
Step 2: Check the issue in contention again -(WHATEVER IT IS).

Re-think: When was the last time you beat your mother or sister as a man?
How many times have your mother or sister verbally abused and insulted you, but you sucked it up and moved on?

Your wife is a combination of your mother, sister, mate etc.

Why on earth should you beat her for any reason?
If the situation got to become so bad, DIVORCE HER INSTEAD.
At least she would still be alive to be single or re-marry.
Simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Dec 30, 2022
Tallesty1:
1. What is so? If 90% of women are being abused and just 10% are not being abused then we have completely agreed that no man is being abused in his marriage.Like I said, the stat is unfounded

2. That a person came first in examination doesn't mean he or she is the only person that did well. I never said that the way the marriage system is structured in Nigeria is the sole reason for abuse.

3. If we both agree that marriage is business then this discussion is no longer necessary. The person with a bigger share in business is usually the boss, and in the marriage business, the start up cost is most times 100% a man's burden to bear.

4. Explain bride price to me the way you explain football to some women and you may just answer your own question. I am not redefining marriage, I am telling you where some people get the justification for how they treat their women.
1. That doesn't compute at all. If 90% of women in relationships experience abuse, it in no way means what you claim at all. Also, since there are no records, and abuse is still rarely reported in Nigeria, in addiction to it being accepted by culture and religion in the same country, it can only be unfounded when we have real data to show it so. undecided

2. I am not even talking about the way marriage is supposedly structured but instead referring to beliefs held by people in Nigeria regarding the place of a woman in marriage. undecided

3. So in practical terms, because Osinachi's husband paid the bigger startup costs, it meant he owned her, and her life, or what exactly are you insinuating here? undecided

4. These things are of no value to me since they are tied to cultures and traditions. So you would need to explain it to me instead. My question again to you is why do you seem to tie the rights of a human being to this bride price you keep mentioning? Again, practically, are you insinuating that Osinachi's right as a human, even in her relationship, was diminished by the fact that her husband paid a bride price on her head when she married her? Is that the essence of the bride price? to diminish the rights of another human being in the context of marriage? Is the bride price a rational enough justification for any of what happened to Osinachi? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Most Men Beat Their Wives. by IyaTola: 6:19am On Dec 31, 2022
angry shocked

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Took Advantage Of My Loyalty & Trust / My 6years Old Does Not Have Retentive Memory / What Would You Do If You Discover Your Mum Is Going Out With Your Best Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.