Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,085 members, 7,828,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Computer Gurus Please Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Gurus Please Help (282 Views)

Computer Gurus - Please Come In / Game And Computer Gurus Please Help Out / Computer Gurus Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Computer Gurus Please Help by reedone: 12:31pm On Dec 30, 2022
Hello to everyone

My power button for some reason easily gets spoilt. I will have to
keep pressing the button up to 100 times before it turns the
laptop on.

I then decided to remove the CMOS battery to boot directly but to
my utter dismay it still won't turn on except I use the power
button. Please I really need help I don't want to change the
button again as I have done it 3 times this year already.

My laptop is HP 15-af131dx (P1A95UA) Laptop (AMD Quad Core
A6/4GB/300 GB/Windows 10

Please help me out
Re: Computer Gurus Please Help by PixelPlexus: 4:12pm On Dec 31, 2022
I am not a licenced or trained computer technician/engineer but I have similar experience with my HP pavilion DV 6. It happen mid November, this year.

I know how frustrating this could be just to turn on a laptop, some times something that should be done in seconds turning to minutes and hours and you will still be praying in your heart for it to power on, I remember how frustrating it was to be that I even packed the system.

Major cause: weak power cable line connector that connects the power button to the motherboard.
Cut or unfixed power cable line connector
Extreme cases are damage board, damage power line and unknown causes.

Solution: open the system and check if the powerline are fitted well or if there is a cut. In my own case, there was a wear and tear that made one of the bus in the power line to break hence causing that press and pray for a miracle, this solved it but it did not last. The next solution was that the system model component that comes with the power casing and the connector was replaced from a scrap of the same hp made and it solved the problem, I now see the importance of scraps. This work for a while and developed again and i was suspicious of shift in the Clamping of the cable as i move with my laptop to work on bike along road filled with bumps.

Verdict: it is going smoothly now as at time of writing.

Future plans: to buy a new laptop for my soon to start business.

(1) (Reply)

Toshiba Laptop For Swap To Get Another Laptop / Help. Where Can I Get Corel Draw To Download? / The Most Reliable Gaming Computers In UAE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.