Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,384 members, 7,861,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:34 PM

Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. (15668 Views)

Re:How Did You Overcome Your Tooth Problem( Graphic Photos) / How Did You Overcome Your Tooth Problem? / Four Ways To Get Your Tooth As White As Snow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Amayabor1: 5:52pm On Dec 30, 2022
ppogba:

Most likely, you belong in the profession.

However, the number of quacks in the dentistry arm of the health sector is alarming.

Are you aware that even dental nurses are even setting up a clinic and performing operations?

There was a time my wife went to a dentist and in the course of their discussion and when she mentioned a place she had been to previously, the dentist told her point blank that the woman who owns and runs the place is just a "mere" nurse at a govt dental hospital.

You are right. Nigeria is a jungle where people do what they like. Some of these quacks who parade themselves as Dentists and do procedures that they are not trained to do work in a government hospital or retired from a government hospital. Some even steal some dental equipment and instrument from the government hospital to set up their own mushroom clinic. Others will set up a clinic after they have looked for government job without success (That's why some people erronously believe Dentists look for Job. Dentists don't look for job. It's Jobs that look for them.).

Sometimes, even Dentists enable these people. Some of them call Dentists to come to their clinic to treat patients based on a commission.

Nigeria and Nigerians are something else.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by BigDawsNet: 6:08pm On Dec 30, 2022
I had a painful tooth I had to remove after several months...

It's was smooth but hectic
After they ejected the Novocaine into my gum.. the doctor begin the process of removal... they actually detected in the the examination that the tooth was partial dead because of some decade trauma...

While pully out... he got broken halfway...

Now they had to get some plier and tooth debris picker to remove everything.. some tooth pieces was stuck in my gum... they had to force them out...

The pain was heavy but I had to manage...
Finally they got it all out after some hours... my mouth was sour and heavy...

Took some prescribed drugs and I was fine few days later....

Few month after I went in for replacement....
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by inforesource: 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2022
I had peace.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Iamthoney(m): 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
dalass:

Oh my Goodness! shocked

I fear who no fear you oh. shocked

You used a fork to pull an already painful tooth shocked
I had no choice ma’am. The pain was much, the torture and suffering was unbearable and
I was far from an hospital cos I was in my village at the time for Christmas and watching others eat well and merry and I couldn’t, I had to end my misery cos I know I the pain I will feel from the removing the tooth will just be temporal so I went for it and got it pulled out

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by ceejay80s(m): 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2022
julitoch:
Please which mouth wash did you buy, can you recommend for me
Go to a good pharmacy and get a good mouth wash, most times u don't need to remove ur teeth but dentists wants money, they will tell u to remove that teeth, it happened in 2005 and I removed my teeth for 3-5k and in 2015 it happened again and I was told 12k, I searched online and discovered that it's bacteria eating the gums and I bought Bret mouth wash and gargled it in my mouth for a minute, morning afternoon and evening and in 3 days it's gone, mouth wash was about #300 - #400 then
Brett mouth wash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by jimetagambo: 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2022
Chee59:

Wow. 3!!!
Yes 3. All on the left side of my mouth. 2nd molar was growing sideways and buried into lower wisdom tooth. Dentist said since lower wisdom was going to be removed, then it's a good idea that the upper wisdom comes out too.
So I had 2 wisdom and one 2nd molar that grew sidewards pulled. Everything took about 50 minutes.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Mavinsoladele(m): 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2022
buygala:
Sometime in 2008, one Lagos bus conductor gave me a blow that nearly removed my 2 teeth, if not for God cheesy

I boarded a Danfo to the WAEC office Ogba to collect my original WAEC Certificate, seeing that I needed it for clearance in the University that I had just gotten admission into..

The conductor of the bus I entered kept saying "Ogba Aguda 2 chance “.. And stupid me refused to mind my business cry

In my infinite wisdom abi na stupidity, I tried to correct him, that 2 or more is plural, this it's" 2 chances" not "2 chance"..

Next thing I heard was "Olosi, Ko ni da fun Iyalaya e" followed by one blow "gbawwww" on my mouth.... I had to have my teeth rearranged and braced afterward because that blow really shook my dentition grin

That blow instilled in me more home training than my parents did in 10 years grin

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by jimetagambo: 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2022
ceejay80s:

Real truth about teeth removal is, the first time I removed my teeth was in 2005, and o was pushed to, after removing..... In 2013 another wahala came, I almost removed my teeth again, until I searched online.... The dentist told me 10k, the first one I did was in 2005 for 5k, I later discovered that u don't really need to remove u teeth, Nigerians are dubious, Nigerian dentists are dubious, I o lying bought a very good mouth wash which killed all the bacteria in my teeth and gum and I didn't need to remove my teeth 3 times, buy a very good mouth wash and use, dentist take Una dey chop
I think dentist are the same world wide. Once you enter their clinic, they must find something.
They will push for x-ray, checks, and other stuffs. Call out some funny ailments and recommend procedure ($$$) to fix it. If you do not have dental insurance, they will be less pushy than if you have.

Last last if they don't find anything, they would recommend general cleaning which is still a money maker as well.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Tenshades(m): 7:17pm On Dec 30, 2022
Tookool:
Terrible, done it twice.

Please, how much did you do the extraction?
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Tenshades(m): 7:25pm On Dec 30, 2022
TheChameleon:
Dentistry is usually VERY EXPENSIVE.

That's a ward that you're 100% guaranteed to see crying adults. grin

Omo, first time I saw my uncle cry was in 2009 after he extracted his tooth.

Grown man cried like he lost a loved one.

Damn cry
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by ViceGovernor: 7:28pm On Dec 30, 2022
To start with...in my family we have a long history of visiting dentists for extraction of tooth.
My dad removed 2, my elder brother 3 thankfully I've only taken out 1.
I was preparing for my WAEC when I started having serious pain in the the midnight....the kind of pain that makes a grown man cry like a baby. Once it starts I begin to to weep and it happened for 4 straight days then my house master decided something has to be done so they reached out to my dad and he came to pick me after 3 extra days.
Within that time nobody could sleep in boys hostel cos of my crying even juniors were laughing at me grin grin see tallest crying like a baby...trust me the pain didn't let me pay attention to anybody I was humble like Drambi Vandi in court cheesy.
To cut the long story short.....we went to one renown dentist in okene ( obangede general hospital) Dr Ekpa of blessed memory.

Immediately I saw the machine they would use to hold my head I knew there was fire on the mountain grin I tried to japa but one security guard caught me at the gate ha shocked I begin beg them say the teeth is not paining me again they should just let me go.
My father said carry him to the theatre jo.
The doctor sensing my fear now said they wouldn't use that machine to hold my head so I relaxed not knowing say na set-up.

Let's take a short break part 2 coming in a minute

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by captainking(m): 7:50pm On Dec 30, 2022
Chee59:
I have brittle teeth. And I've removed 4.
So, the 3rd time I was to get my tooth removed. The dentist who was supposed to pull it out gave me injections to numb the site. Very painful stuff. But I don't know if they expired or something, because they didn't numb the pain well before he started.
He started like play like play.
Pull pull,
The pain was mad. I was in agony.
I was shrieking so hard and for so long that one of the women waiting her turn outside had to come and check what's going on.
It was 45 minutes of torture.
Yes, I know how long it took.
Somehow somehow the pain hit a crescendo
My hand connected with the dentist's dick
Egbamiiii grin

I removed my tooth on my B-Day.. May 16th.. The dentist was good.. Did not feel much pain before and after.. The gum healed in record time.
God is great..
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by kennys: 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2022
Esemchi:
I've never removed tooth but I heard it's very painful
The pain no 4 here ooo, but after the removal you will be fine immediately.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by stracey(m): 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2022
I don't want to remember this experience.. I guess the injections in my tooth weren't enough.. I used my legs to scatter the whole equipments.. afterwards it was sooting tho cos I could sleep without pains.. but it was a nasty experience
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 30, 2022
ceejay80s:

Real truth about teeth removal is, the first time I removed my teeth was in 2005, and o was pushed to, after removing..... In 2013 another wahala came, I almost removed my teeth again, until I searched online.... The dentist told me 10k, the first one I did was in 2005 for 5k, I later discovered that u don't really need to remove u teeth, Nigerians are dubious, Nigerian dentists are dubious, I o lying bought a very good mouth wash which killed all the bacteria in my teeth and gum and I didn't need to remove my teeth 3 times, buy a very good mouth wash and use, dentist take Una dey chop
what mouth wash do u use? that works good in killing the bacteria as well as eradicating the mouth odour. Pls reply me cause I'm on the verge of removing my teeth due to the the hole and pains in one if my left side Molar teeth use for chewing and it gives me mouth odour.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 30, 2022
odutolu1:
I had a dental extraction just three weeks ago at a private dental clinic (Smile Pride Dental Clinic in Ota).

Total Price: N23K. (Included consultation fee and Scaling and Polishing).

Before the surgery:
I had some uneasy feeling and pain in the tooth weeks back. And after salt rinsing, the pain went away. But there was a kind of swollen part that seemed to be filled with pus at the base of the affected tooth. So I had to go to the clinic for help.
During the surgery:
I decided to go for removal because I didn't plan a budget for the cost they were estimating to test and fill the tooth (the tooth had a kind of hole).

I decided to do S&P and then extraction.

I was given an anaesthesic injection before the S&P. I started feeling that part of my mouth heavy and numb. Before the extraction, I was given another anaesthesic injection. The numbness and mouth heaviness increased. The female dentist confirmed from me if I was feeling numb there before she started the removal.

The removal was painless, except you can feel the pressure of the pulling with the tools. The tooth removed after about 15 to 20 minutes. I was instructed to do mouth rinses with salt and take my medication.

After surgery:
I started eating all types of food with the other side of the mouth after the third day. About 15 days after, I can now chew with the area of extraction. But the missing tooth affects my chewing experience since it was a molar I removed. The chewing pressure is now on the second side of the mouth.

When I have the money, I'll probably fix a denture at the extracted site (learned it's close to 400k or so).

But the job at Smile Pride was great.
why didn't u do the bolded instead of completely removing the teeth?
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Chee59(f): 9:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
stracey:
I don't want to remember this experience.. I guess the injections in my tooth weren't enough.. I used my legs to scatter the whole equipments.. afterwards it was sooting tho cos I could sleep without pains.. but it was a nasty experience
grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Advancedman(m): 9:16pm On Dec 30, 2022
buygala:
Sometime in 2008, one Lagos bus conductor gave me a blow that nearly removed my 2 teeth, if not for God cheesy

I boarded a Danfo to the WAEC office Ogba to collect my original WAEC Certificate, seeing that I needed it for clearance in the University that I had just gotten admission into..

The conductor of the bus I entered kept saying "Ogba Aguda 2 chance “.. And stupid me refused to mind my business cry

In my infinite wisdom abi na stupidity, I tried to correct him, that 2 or more is plural, this it's" 2 chances" not "2 chance"..

Next thing I heard was "Olosi, Ko ni da fun Iyalaya e" followed by one blow "gbawwww" on my mouth.... I had to have my teeth rearranged and braced afterward because that blow really shook my dentition grin

That blow instilled in me more home training than my parents did in 10 years grin

That is why brain reset is crucial.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Advancedman(m): 9:21pm On Dec 30, 2022
Amayabor1:
Tooth extraction ought not to be painful. It can be if you visit quacks who are Dental technologists or Dental therapists but claiming to be Dentists.

It is your right to ask your Dentist if truly he/she is a Dentist. You can ask him where he/she graduated from. If he/she tells you Federal college of Dental technology or any college whatsoever, run for your dear life.

Only Universities produce Dentists and there are only 8 of such Universities in Nigeria.

Namely ...
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by deavicky(m): 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2022
Manny21:
That shit is the maddest pain ever. If you were to choose between it and hellfire, you will almost consider hellfire as an option
but u can not comprehend the releaf after the extraction. Have have removed 5, one in error by a stupid dentist.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Babastrong(m): 9:26pm On Dec 30, 2022
And as you held the gbola, you forgot the pain? God is great. No wonder it took 45mins. 5mins on tooth and 40mins with gbola. as e day sweet you(female), e dey sweeter us(male).
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by deavicky(m): 9:27pm On Dec 30, 2022
Amayabor1:
Tooth extraction ought not to be painful. It can be if you visit quacks who are Dental technologists or Dental therapists but claiming to be Dentists.

It is your right to ask your Dentist if truly he/she is a Dentist. You can ask him where he/she graduated from. If he/she tells you Federal college of Dental technology or any college whatsoever, run for your dear life.

Only Universities produce Dentists and there are only 8 of such Universities in Nigeria.
u can say that in India because even at road side u will see people extracting teeth and fixing artificial tooth.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by ceejay80s(m): 9:30pm On Dec 30, 2022
AccessME:
what mouth wash do u use? that works good in killing the bacteria as well as eradicating the mouth odour. Pls reply me cause I'm on the verge of removing my teeth due to the the hole and pains in one if my left side Molar teeth use for chewing and it gives me mouth odour.
Brett mouth wash

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by SodiumValproate: 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2022
Chee59:
I have brittle teeth. And I've removed 4.
So, the 3rd time I was to get my tooth removed. The dentist who was supposed to pull it out gave me injections to numb the site. Very painful stuff. But I don't know if they expired or something, because they didn't numb the pain well before he started.
He started like play like play.
Pull pull,
The pain was mad. I was in agony.
I was shrieking so hard and for so long that one of the women waiting her turn outside had to come and check what's going on.
It was 45 minutes of torture.
Yes, I know how long it took.
Somehow somehow the pain hit a crescendo
My hand connected with the dentist's dick
Egbamiiii grin

grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by deavicky(m): 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2022
buygala:

you just made laugh. Seriously.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2022
ceejay80s:

Brett mouth wash
Aiit Thanks I will try and get it. Would u rather advise me to do a refill on the teeth with the hole and support with the mouth wash later?
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Amayabor1: 10:24pm On Dec 30, 2022
Advancedman:

Namely ...

Name what?
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by sageb: 10:30pm On Dec 30, 2022
captainking:

I removed my tooth on my B-Day.. May 16th.. The dentist was good.. Did not feel much pain before and after.. The gum healed in record time.
God is great..

Did you do it in PH?
please recommend a good dental clinic.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by CrownOfClay724: 10:52pm On Dec 30, 2022
frankson1:

After mine was removed, I told the Dentist that I was bleeding. He simply said that I should go home and use warm water with salt. When I got home, there was no need using the warm water and salt since I was seriously bleeding by then.

I went to mom's office, already my mouth was filled with blood and couldn't speak so I just held her hand and took her outside where I spilled the 'content' of my mouth grin

Scared, she immediately called the driver and off we went to the hospital....

Long story short, that place was stitched before the bleeding stopped.

The doctor said that in his 37 years on the job, he had never experience what happened to me.

You were supposed to be swallowing the blood and by morning if you did the warm water rinse, you'd have been just fine.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Vipro(m): 10:58pm On Dec 30, 2022
Ladymillion:
Painful though I did a refill
Please, tell me more about this refill.
Is it for broken tooth?
Is it expensive?
And is it permanent?
I will be so glad if you reply
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Kayceegabby: 11:17pm On Dec 30, 2022
Hmmm I can imagine cos that is exactly what happened to me o, I removed it two days ago, that pain is not here o, my face is still swollen and I have not been able to eat well. I don't even wish my enemy this pain .
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Kayceegabby: 11:25pm On Dec 30, 2022
This was what happened to me o, the tooth had decayed so much that it started breaking, I removed it two days ago and I saw HELL. It took over 30 mins.. I am still having pains and my cheek is still swollen.
quote author=Olayinka8793 post=119552408]Very scary stuff.
Did two removal in a space of 9 years by same dentist.
Toothache is nobody's mate. I suffered tooth cavities on my molars on both occasions, leading to excruciating pains and swelling on the affected sides each time. The pains was so unbearable I couldn't sleep for most of the times. All traditional and medical solutions were attempted but non gave a permanent solution until I did the removals.

The removals themselves, done professionally were made to be as less painful as possible with the injection of local anesthesia inside the cheek before operation.

It usually gets scarrily complicated when the affected tooth can not be removed in whole at once. Then the dentist will turn to a carpenter and started hitting and drilling down the affected root to remove the remaining pieces of the affected teeth and this could be uncomfortably long. [/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emeka Has Syphilis, A Short Story By Aproko Doctor / Do You No A Big Pharmacy In Lagos / Kissing Newborn Babies Can Give Them Viral Meningitis - Medical Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.