Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:38 AM

Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. (15672 Views)

Re:How Did You Overcome Your Tooth Problem( Graphic Photos) / How Did You Overcome Your Tooth Problem? / Four Ways To Get Your Tooth As White As Snow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Konquest: 11:04pm On Jan 11, 2023
buygala:
Sometime in 2008, one Lagos bus conductor gave me a blow that nearly removed my 2 teeth, if not for God cheesy

I boarded a Danfo to the WAEC office Ogba to collect my original WAEC Certificate, seeing that I needed it for clearance in the University that I had just gotten admission into..

The conductor of the bus I entered kept saying "Ogba Aguda 2 chance “.. And stupid me refused to mind my business cry

In my infinite wisdom abi na stupidity, I tried to correct him, that 2 or more is plural, thus it's "2 chances" not "2 chance"..

Next thing I heard was "Olosi, Ko ni da fun Iyalaya e" followed by one blow "gbawwww" on my mouth.... I had to have my teeth rearranged and braced afterward because that blow really shook my dentition
grin

That blow instilled in me more home training than my parents did in 10 years grin
LMAO... grin That cracked me up. Nice one. "2 chance... Gbe body."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by jamesversion: 7:49am On Jan 13, 2023
Chee59:
I have brittle teeth. And I've removed 4.
So, the 3rd time I was to get my tooth removed. The dentist who was supposed to pull it out gave me injections to numb the site. Very painful stuff. But I don't know if they expired or something, because they didn't numb the pain well before he started.
He started like play like play.
Pull pull,
The pain was mad. I was in agony.
I was shrieking so hard and for so long that one of the women waiting her turn outside had to come and check what's going on.
It was 45 minutes of torture.
Yes, I know how long it took.
Somehow somehow the pain hit a crescendo
My hand connected with the dentist's dick
Egbamiiii grin

No pictures??
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by LityB: 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2023
Amayabor1:

You are right. Nigeria is a jungle where people do what they like. Some of these quacks who parade themselves as Dentists and do procedures that they are not trained to do work in a government hospital or retired from a government hospital. Some even steal some dental equipment and instrument from the government hospital to set up their own mushroom clinic. Others will set up a clinic after they have looked for government job without success (That's why some people erronously believe Dentists look for Job. Dentists don't look for job. It's Jobs that look for them.).

Sometimes, even Dentists enable these people. Some of them call Dentists to come to their clinic to treat patients based on a commission.

Nigeria and Nigerians are something else.

Is there any profession without quackery in Nigeria? Haven't u seen auxiliary nurses running clinic in Lagos? And they call them doctors.So blunt that brain that misdirected u to think dentistry is the only profession u knw that harbours quackery.

As a dental surgeon ,u are a banger in terms making cool money.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Amayabor1: 3:52pm On Jan 18, 2023
LityB:

Is there any profession without quackery in Nigeria? Haven't u seen auxiliary nurses running clinic in Lagos? And they call them doctors.So blunt that brain that misdirected u to think dentistry is the only profession u knw that harbours quackery.

As a dental surgeon ,u are a banger in terms making cool money.

Who is this clown? Please tell me where i said quackery occurs only in Dentistry.

The thread is about Dentistry and i made an appropriate comment.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by molleculiari: 5:39pm On Mar 20, 2023
Removing teeth was unpleasant, but it didn't hurt. I couldn't decide on this procedure for a long time, but I didn't regret it. And after 4 weeks, I put dental implants. A little later, I needed to remove 3 wisdom teeth growing incorrectly in my jaw. I endured it. Besides, I didn't need to put implants in their place. In addition, I completely changed my dental routine thanks to frequent visits to the dentist. I started to get interested in oral hygiene and read a good Rotten Teeth Guide. I am very afraid that my teeth will start to rot by the age of 40. So I'm doing everything to save them.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by ekitimanalways(m): 4:19pm On Mar 25, 2023
Beesluv:
I was injected and asked to wait for some minutes. While waiting, I realised everything in my mouth was swelling grin
While removing, tears were dropping, the dentist asked if its painful, I said no, he then said why are now crying grin grin I couldn't explain because it wasn't painful truly
grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by ekitimanalways(m): 4:26pm On Mar 25, 2023
Junnior:

The first time I took out a tooth, it was seamless too, despite the fact that my sis and everyone had told me how painful it would be. I was quite worried, but it needed to be done. So, I went with my sis, did it, went back home, took the medications and started anticipating the pain. But I was fine. Hardly any pain. My gum healed completely in weeks and it seemed as if nothing was done, like I never had a teeth there in the first place.

A few years later, I went for another extraction. This time, I was more relaxed, because I had a good experience the first time. I went alone. But, my God! This time, it was hell. I almost died. The ineffable excruciating and lethal pain lasted for days. The pain was accompanied with fever. It seemed like the medications had no effect. Thankfully, the pain later subsided while the fever took a few more days. It's an experience that cannot be put in words.

The first extraction was done at a general hospital in Lagos. The second one was done at UNIBEN Teaching Hospital in Benin.

PS: Do you get shocks in your teeth when you are in a very noisy environment (in churches, clubs, parties, etc. where there are huge loud speakers)?
If your teeth are particularly sensitive, the fluctuating pressure from sound waves can actually cause the water-filled tubes in your teeth to vibrate, especially at high-frequencies, and painfully irritate your pulp’s nerves.
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Junnior: 11:01am On Apr 02, 2023
ekitimanalways:
If your teeth are particularly sensitive, the fluctuating pressure from sound waves can actually cause the water-filled tubes in your teeth to vibrate, especially at high-frequencies, and painfully irritate your pulp’s nerves.
Thank you. Your explanation makes PERFECT sense! Are you a dentist? What's the solution?
Re: Share Your Experience With Getting Your Tooth Removed. by Junnior: 2:57pm On Apr 04, 2023
Junnior:

Thank you. Your explanation makes PERFECT sense! Are you a dentist? What's the solution?
Ekitimanalways

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do You No A Big Pharmacy In Lagos / Kissing Newborn Babies Can Give Them Viral Meningitis - Medical Experts / 5 Vitamins For Healthy Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.